IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 102.
#2351 5 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Can you come back around to the Comet ramps at a later date?

Of course. The Comet center ramp will be one of the first ones I do when I get the new heater going.

#2352 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

If memory serves, he's been saying that for the last 5 years or so.. So, we'll see.

met him down at tpf, didn't seem to energetic!

#2353 5 years ago

Any chance you will cast a BOP Helmet?
I think problem will be the chrome surface.

#2354 5 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Any chance you will cast a BOP Helmet?
I think problem will be the chrome surface.

Doubt it.

#2355 5 years ago
From all my searches, Chrome BOP helmets are nowhere to be seen ,...which is a real pia when you have PB and BOP and want them both to look their best... anyone know of chrome helmets for sale ?

#2356 5 years ago

Got my ramps, they look great, thanks!!!

#2357 5 years ago

Got my ramps in the mail today. They look nice. Can't wait to see them installed in my machine. Thanks a lot for all that you do for our community! You Rock!

#2358 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

From all my searches, Chrome BOP helmets are nowhere to be seen ,...which is a real pia when you have PB and BOP and want them both to look their best... anyone know of chrome helmets for sale ?

I restored one a while back. You can see how I did it here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restoring-a-bride-of-pinbot-helmet

#2359 5 years ago

Got my cycle jump Kydex ramp! Man it looks great! Can’t wait to throw it in the game.

#2360 5 years ago

20180601_132932 (resized).jpg20180601_132932 (resized).jpg20180601_132943 (resized).jpg20180601_132943 (resized).jpg

#2361 5 years ago

You guys think I should get new pop caps as well? Maybe 1 red, 1 orange, 1 yellow or green? Transparent of course

#2362 5 years ago

That looks awesome! Someone sell me their Comet

#2363 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You guys think I should get new pop caps as well? Maybe 1 red, 1 orange, 1 yellow or green? Transparent of course

I did that on a Hurricane a while back, and it looked pretty good. I think I would work on a Comet just as well.

#2364 5 years ago

Ramps showed up today, decided to add more LED lightning around the new clear cycle ramp.

#2365 5 years ago

That red is GORGEOUS!! Perfectly crafted mr freeplay40

I like the idea of different colored pop caps but there is something original I enjoy with those stamped Williams caps...they keep it classy.

#2366 5 years ago

oh I took pix too, forgot to post them. I absolutely LOVE these ramps.

ramps (resized).jpgramps (resized).jpgramps2 (resized).jpgramps2 (resized).jpg
#2367 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I don't know but you can eat off that metal ramp!!!! Awesome

#2368 5 years ago

I see a lot of red in one place back there. I'd consider green rollover plastics if they make 'em, to get the pops to pop more.
pop caps have a lot of color...
-mof

#2369 5 years ago

Working on getting existing orders our the door...Then off to the NW Pinball Show for Saturday and Sunday. In the past I have helped with the setup and tear down of the show. I'm in final recovery from a string of health issues, so decided to take this year off and just be another paying attendee. I don't do any sales at the show other than a few meets to save shipping costs. Would enjoy meeting other Pinsiders. Text works good...206 778-5183

#2370 5 years ago

If you ever decide to revisit Roadshow ramps, I have a RS that has been in complete tear down and I can lend you the ramps.

#2371 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

If you ever decide to revisit Roadshow ramps, I have a RS that has been in complete tear down and I can lend you the ramps.

Don't recall that many request for these so would be pretty low on the totem. But thanks for the offer.

#2372 5 years ago

Ramps arrvied . Awesome job, as usual

#2373 5 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Ramps arrvied . Awesome job, as usual

Wow...That was actually pretty fast...just 8 days.

#2374 5 years ago

I know on its on eventual list Mark.
Who Dunnit elevator ramp.
How about that Kydex in clear for that one?

#2375 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

How about that Kydex in clear for that one?

Unfortunately, Kydex does not come in either clear or transparent.

#2376 5 years ago

Just got home from the NW Pinball Show. Going back in the morning. My son (Aaron with FAST Pinball) was holding a box for me that another Pinsider, Mbecker had left with him. In the box is a perfect proto-type Black Belt ramp that he is loaning me for make a mold from. My biggest concern has been whether or not I could do this ramp on my current setup or whether it would have to wait for the new machine. Good news is that I can do this one with my current machine. I only know of a small handful of people that would like this ramp made...so two things. If you are interested, let me know so I can get a good list started...and...secondly, spread the word that this is coming so I can at least sell enough to make it worth the time and effort and keep the cost reasonable!

Thanks.....Mark

PS...I am now working on Pinbot and will probably do this one at the same time.

#2377 5 years ago

so awesome to see these old beat up games come back to life so others can enjoy them as they once were decades ago.

#2378 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Just got home from the NW Pinball Show. Going back in the morning. My son (Aaron with FAST Pinball) was holding a box for me that another Pinsider, MBECKER had left with him. In the box is a perfect proto-type Black Belt ramp that he is loaning me for make a mold from. My biggest concern has been whether or not I could do this ramp on my current setup or whether it would have to wait for the new machine. Good news is that I can do this one with my current machine. I only know of a small handful of people that would like this ramp made...so two things. If you are interested, let me know so I can get a good list started...and...secondly, spread the word that this is coming so I can at least sell enough to make it worth the time and effort and keep the cost reasonable!
Thanks.....Mark

Great news! I'm in for the Black Belt ramp for sure!

#2379 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Just got home from the NW Pinball Show. Going back in the morning. My son (Aaron with FAST Pinball) was holding a box for me that another Pinsider, MBECKER had left with him. In the box is a perfect proto-type Black Belt ramp that he is loaning me for make a mold from. My biggest concern has been whether or not I could do this ramp on my current setup or whether it would have to wait for the new machine. Good news is that I can do this one with my current machine. I only know of a small handful of people that would like this ramp made...so two things. If you are interested, let me know so I can get a good list started...and...secondly, spread the word that this is coming so I can at least sell enough to make it worth the time and effort and keep the cost reasonable!
Thanks.....Mark

Wow! That’s how much Mark loves serving the pinball community. He’s willing to do hard to find ramps even if there isn’t a lot of pre-orders! I’ve bought 3 Ramos from him (Hook and both Comet) and I might have to buy another Comet Cycle jump ramp. Not because there is anything wrong with mine but I have the black Kydex one and seeing all the pictures of the clear red one I’m loving it more each time I see it! Keep up the great work bud!

#2380 5 years ago

Getting close, ramps look great! Thanks Mark!

Comet ramp even cleaned up pretty well.

20180610_213942 (resized).jpg20180610_213942 (resized).jpg
#2381 5 years ago

Damn jay that is looking great.

#2382 5 years ago

Ramps arrived today and they look great. Boy, that was some quick service.

Awesome packing! You need to give packing lesson's!

Thank you Mark!

#2383 5 years ago

I'm all in for Black Belt.

Broken_Ramp_IMG_20170208_162323701 - Copy (resized).jpgBroken_Ramp_IMG_20170208_162323701 - Copy (resized).jpg
#2384 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Getting close, ramps look great! Thanks Mark!
Comet ramp even cleaned up pretty well.

Is that a hardtop or a restored playfield? Looks beautiful either way.

#2385 5 years ago

It's a hardtop, I'm very happy with it. So far I would highly recommend it to anybody with a trashed playfield. Hopefully it holds up nicely.

Mark, your cycle ramp made a nice catch tonight....

20180612_173332 (resized).jpg20180612_173332 (resized).jpg
#2386 5 years ago

Forgive me but I've lost track of which PinBot ramps you are making (besides the clear lift ramp). Corkscrew? Big blue ramp? Both?

#2387 5 years ago

I'd take a set of Road Show ramps if they were ever made.

#2388 5 years ago

Love my new ramp..This thing is right on the money for specs..it exceeded my expectations from delivery, packing, build and a straight replacement without any fuss.

Only regret..is not pulling the trigger on that cycle jump ..I had other parts which were a priority ..Folks if you can get both. regretting it after seeing others posts..Still very happy. Thanks again !

20180606_171419 (resized).jpg20180606_171419 (resized).jpg20180606_172537 (resized).jpg20180606_172537 (resized).jpg
#2389 5 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Forgive me but I've lost track of which PinBot ramps you are making (besides the clear lift ramp). Corkscrew? Big blue ramp? Both?

I've already reproduced the lift ramp assembly. What's coming is the main ramp, the visor and possibly the helmet. The cork screw is an injection molded piece.

#2390 5 years ago

Hasn't been mentioned in a long time.
Any hopes of getting the Black Rose whirlpool ramp made and cover? A lot like the Hurricane ramp?
Thanks Mark. Wish i had a comet to upgrade!

#2391 5 years ago

Is Comet the largest selling ramps ever?

I get back to the States, and it seems like every comment was about Comet....

#2392 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I've already reproduced the lift ramp assembly. What's coming is the main ramp, the visor and possibly the helmet. The cork screw is an injection molded piece.

Just to clarify:

main ramp -- obviously the big blue ramp
visor -- This is the part that lifts up at the same time the target bank lowers into the playfield, correct?
helmet -- Is this the mostly flat plastic piece that covers the main ramp?

If so, hopefully there are decals available somewhere. I don't see them at Marco. BAA is sold out:

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-PB98

#2393 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Is Comet the largest selling ramps ever?
I get back to the States, and it seems like every comment was about Comet....

Actually not even close yet, but time will tell. My biggest sellers have been High Speed, Space Station, Genesis, Guns and Roses and Swords of Fury. All with 3 or 4 times the sales of the Comet ramps so far. I've only got about a dozen Cork Screw ramps left and only 5 Kydex Cycle Jump ramps left. I can make more of the red Cycle Jump ramps anytime as I am always set up for red dye. After I run out of the Orange Cork Screw ramps I would probably start a new list for a future run. Doubtful I will run the Kydex ramps again, but if there is enough interest I will. I intend to take it easier this summer to enjoy some extended time off. So another run(s) would probably not happen before fall/winter.

#2394 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Actually not even close yet, but time will tell. My biggest sellers have been High Speed, Space Station, Genesis, Guns and Roses and Swords of Fury. All with 3 or 4 times the sales of the Comet ramps so far. I've only got about a dozen Cork Screw ramps left and only 5 Kydex Cycle Jump ramps left. I can make more of the red Cycle Jump ramps anytime as I am always set up for red dye. After I run out of the Orange Cork Screw ramps I would probably start a new list for a future run. Doubtful I will run the Kydex ramps again, but if there is enough interest I will. I intend to take it easier this summer to enjoy some extended time off. So another run(s) would probably not happen before fall/winter.

I'll be adding to the High Speed tally.

#2395 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Quoted from mdeslaur:

I'd take a set of Road Show ramps if they were ever made.

I've got a Road Show in need of ramps also, just speaking up so maybe it moves higher on the radar. Awesome work you do!

#2396 5 years ago
Quoted from DonnyBrsco:

Love my new ramp..This thing is right on the money for specs..it exceeded my expectations from delivery, packing, build and a straight replacement without any fuss.
Only regret..is not pulling the trigger on that cycle jump ..I had other parts which were a priority ..Folks if you can get both. regretting it after seeing others posts..Still very happy. Thanks again !

Thanks for posting that--I think this made the decision for me. The black jump ramp kind of sticks out now.

#2397 5 years ago

I've said this many times, but I think my favorite "transformations" have been with System 9/11 games where we replace the black ramps with either clear or a transparent color. That in conjunction with LED effects can really change and modernize the look of the game.

#2398 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I've said this many times, but I think my favorite "transformations" have been with System 9/11 games where we replace the black ramps with either clear or a transparent color. That in conjunction with LED effects can really change and modernize the look of the game.

Space Shuttle is Sys 9, just saying....

#2399 5 years ago
Quoted from AMBoggs:

Space Shuttle is Sys 9, just saying....

That will require the larger heater and is top of the list.

#2400 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

That will require the larger heater and is top of the list.

Oh hell yea, I'd be down for a Space Shuttle ramp. Think I'd like to keep mine black but I guess a red or blue transparent ramp would look pretty sweet. I really like to keep my machines as stock as possible. Would Back to the Future ramp fit on the larger heater?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 5,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/48?hl=mrwol64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.