IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 103.
#2301 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Glad to hear that. Mine went well too, but I'm considering changing my username to Richard_Hertz.

Vasectomy? You should do that in March so you can lay on the couch and watch the college basketball tournament.

I get one every year.

#2302 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Vasectomy? You should do that in March so you can lay on the couch and watch the college basketball tournament.
I get one every year.

, no such luck, kidney stone removal. But at least I get another day off so can do more work on my Comet.

#2303 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Vasectomy?
I get one every year.

Dang! Do you have a super cell regenerative condition!? Dude, have them burn the ends of the tubes and be done wolverine! I know you’re just joking, unless you are the real Deadpool

#2304 5 years ago

Going to visit a Comet tomorrow midday to see if I can get some photos of these in the game.

IMG_1366 (resized).JPGIMG_1366 (resized).JPG

IMG_1367 (resized).JPGIMG_1367 (resized).JPG

IMG_1368 (resized).JPGIMG_1368 (resized).JPG

#2305 5 years ago

Stoked to see them in a game!

#2306 5 years ago

Mannnnnn that red has me rethinking the Kydex ramp.

#2307 5 years ago

Awesome. I know you've probably answered this already, but what's the pricing on the various materials for the cycle jump?

#2308 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Going to visit a Comet tomorrow midday to see if I can get some photos of these in the game.

Freeplay40 just stopped by and took some pictures. I was in the non-transparent black camp before, to keep the look original. But after seeing them all in person, man, does that transparent red jump ramp look nice.

Can't wait to see how the pictures turn out.

Thanks for making these replacement ramps available!

#2309 5 years ago

Cant wait to see pics.

#2310 5 years ago

I have never felt compelled for any of my own ramps to be perfectly "original". In fact as I started making ramps, my first focus was on replacing the System 11 black ramps with colors and clears. I respect those who want to keep things as original as possible, so I did agree to make the Cycle Jump initially with black ABS and subsequently with the new Kydex choice. Kydex is some pretty cool stuff and a no brainer as the choice if you want black.

Below are some photos I took today to demonstrate the smoked, red and clear in an actual game. The red....OMG...was fricken' gorgeous. If I owned a Comet, red would be hands down, my choice. Red never photographs like what it looks like in person. When I put it in his game I instantly new we had a possible game changer.

Another Pinsider (CraigC?) was interested in a clear smoked as the transparency would complement the transparent orange. I agree that it does. It too is another good choice.

So look them over and let me know what your think now!

On another note, my new molds should be ready to quick finish in just a couple more days.

IMG_1372 (resized).JPGIMG_1372 (resized).JPG
IMG_1371 (resized).JPGIMG_1371 (resized).JPG
IMG_1369 (resized).JPGIMG_1369 (resized).JPG
IMG_1374 (resized).JPGIMG_1374 (resized).JPG
IMG_1373 (resized).JPGIMG_1373 (resized).JPG
IMG_1375 (resized).JPGIMG_1375 (resized).JPG
IMG_1378 (resized).JPGIMG_1378 (resized).JPG
IMG_1384 (resized).JPGIMG_1384 (resized).JPG
IMG_1376 (resized).JPGIMG_1376 (resized).JPG

#2311 5 years ago

Dude, those look amazing. You ok with me buying 2 motorcycle jump ramps then reselling the one I like less? I really can't decide between the red and the Kydex.

#2312 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Dude, those look amazing. You ok with me buying 2 motorcycle jump ramps then reselling the one I like less? I really can't decide between the red and the Kydex.

Works for me. When I first did the Swords of Fury ramps, I had two guys in Europe by the lower ramp in both clear and red as they could not make up their minds either.....and as I said, the red looks much better in person...

#2313 5 years ago

If you could make the pop bumper caps in that same red it'd be a no brainer.

#2314 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

If you could make the pop bumper caps in that same red it'd be a no brainer.

There are clear red bumper caps in basically the same color readily available. I have them in my High Speed.

#2315 5 years ago

Nice pics,.. the ramps look great. Just imagining a Pinbot rear ramp in red,.. what a cool mod that would be for the Pinbot Blue/Red crowd (I’m one of them)... maybe a spiral ramp in blue to mix it up ??

#2316 5 years ago

I like the red one.

Looks like the housing for the Million flasher is riveted to the original ramp. Did you drill it out? How are you attaching it to the new ramp?

#2317 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I like the red one.
Looks like the housing for the Million flasher is riveted to the original ramp. Did you drill it out? How are you attaching it to the new ramp?

I do pre-drill for it but I do not supply that piece that is riveted on. That could be attached with screws and nuts since a ball is not rolling over it. That's how the guy I visited today did his and works fine.

#2318 5 years ago

I am in for smoke. That red looks good but I think it takes away from the cool red orange of the cork screw.

What's the final cost for both and I'll get that out.

#2319 5 years ago

I'm sold on the red. I thought I'd be a stickler for the Kydex but it just looks too freaking cool. Please PM me when I can paypal you for the 2 ramps. You don't happen to know where I can get replacement screws for the corkscrew do ya? I have one on each end holding it in, its how I got the machine.

#2320 5 years ago

Hell - I don't even own a Comet. But if I did, I'd have that red ramp..!

#2321 5 years ago

I think that red looks too nice to pass up! Any chance I can also go with the "Malenko Plan", 1 red + 1 Kydex? I'm thinking long range though, I'd keep both. The red looks amazing, but if there was ever a place where Kydex might be needed it could be there. So if after 10 or 15 years and the ball finally smashes through the red, I be all set with the Kydex. Thanks!!!

Malenko, I really like the way those extra lights light up the Comet plastic. Thanks for sharing the pics, no doubt have to steal your idea.

#2322 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Malenko, I really like the way those extra lights light up the Comet plastic. Thanks for sharing the pics, no doubt have to steal your idea.

Steal away! I ran the wires to the underside of the PF and tapped a GI wire. The wires run near the one way gate leaving the shooting lane, its poking out in the top pic, but its completely covered by the Comet plastics. I'm probably going to find a way to light up the red ramp without over doing it, same for the new corkscrew.

I was going to buy 2 but I think I'm going to have to limit myself to just the red, I have a ton of other little things to buy and its starting to add up (like replacing all the star posts in my comet)

#2323 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Steal away! I ran the wires to the underside of the PF and tapped a GI wire. The wires run near the one way gate leaving the shooting lane, its poking out in the top pic, but its completely covered by the Comet plastics. I'm probably going to find a way to light up the red ramp without over doing it, same for the new corkscrew.
I was going to buy 2 but I think I'm going to have to limit myself to just the red, I have a ton of other little things to buy and its starting to add up (like replacing all the star posts in my comet)

Another thief here also Love that strip of lights. I'm probably going to put a Comet LED Fire bulb inside the Red tube and see how that looks should give it a nice effect, I've got a couple of those in a few random spots. I'll probably also just toss in a couple clear posts with the post lights under them near the Jump ramp and maybe the Corkscrew ramp for extra lighting we'll see not quite there yet lights hope another week or so trying to be finished by the 8th.
After the show I'll probably grab a red ramp also for personal use and that Kydex when I take it to shoes might drag this Comet around for a few shows now with the Hardtop and new ramps it's will be solid.

#2324 5 years ago

Wow! The red ramp looks great in the pictures. Can't wait to see what it looks like installed in one of my machines. I will be ordering one red and one Kydex. Whichever looks the best is what I will use in my keeper pin and the other will go in the unit I'm selling.

#2325 5 years ago

I have seen the right side (front and back ramps) available from time to time, but I have never seen or heard of anyone making the ramp for WCS 94 that is the lower ramp that exits on the left side in-lane. This is the ramp that has a magnet grab under it and those ramps take a beating. Can anyone confirm?

#2326 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

butch2099 You are the sixth person asking for ramps for Demolition Man in this thread. Have you also asked Larry at Starship-Fanstasy?

Just got an answer from Larry from Starship fantasy. He says he has no plans on making them. I mentioned there were several people looking for them and I would buy two sets.

#2327 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Just got an answer from Larry from Starship fantasy. He says he has no plans on making them. I mentioned there were several people looking for them and I would buy two sets.

Freeplay40 Williams made 7,109 of this popular WPC title. Larry has stated that he won’t make this ramp. You already have seven ramp sets presold. This seems like a great next project for you

#2328 5 years ago

+1 for ramp set for WCS

#2329 5 years ago

Any ETA on PinBot ramps? Know you are busy and they were in the queue...don't want to miss out on them!

#2330 5 years ago
Quoted from Drivemycar33:

Any ETA on PinBot ramps? Know you are busy and they were in the queue...don't want to miss out on them!

Hoping to wrap up the Comet pieces this coming week. Then on to Pinbot!

#2331 5 years ago

OK..... I will be ready to start shipping the transparent orange and Cycle jump ramps on Tuesday. The only limiting factor I have right now is the number of Kydex black Jump ramps I will have available. I intend to process orders until I see how far I get with the Kydex choice. If I'm short I will order more Kydex an do another run right away.

Transparent Orange Cork Screw Ramp $80

Cycle Jump clear $60
Cycle Jump black ABS $60
Cycle Jump transparent red $65
Cycle Jump Kydex $75

I can ship two pieces for $10
Three or four pieces for $14

I will give preference on the Cycle Jump ramps to those who already purchased and took delivery of the Cork Screw ramps.

I will accept payments beginning tomorrow, Monday.

Payment via Paypal to [email protected]

Thanks for all your patience....Mark

#2332 5 years ago

Got my Royal Rumble ramp today. Thank goodness you packed it well because USPS beat the shit out of the box! It looks awesome and I can’t wait to pop it in! Thanks again for your excellent work!

#2333 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

OK..... I will be ready to start shipping the transparent orange and Cycle jump ramps on Tuesday. The only limiting factor I have right now is the number of Kydex black Jump ramps I will have available. I intend to process orders until I see how far I get with the Kydex choice. If I'm short I will order more Kydex an do another run right away.
Transparent Orange Cork Screw Ramp $80
Cycle Jump clear $60
Cycle Jump black ABS $60
Cycle Jump transparent red $65
Cycle Jump Kydex $75
I can ship two pieces for $10
Three or four pieces for $14
I will give preference on the Cycle Jump ramps to those who already purchased and took delivery of the Cork Screw ramps.
I will accept payments beginning tomorrow, Monday.
Payment via Paypal to [email protected]
Thanks for all your patience....Mark

Woohoo! I just sent payment for a red transparent ramp and a Kydex black cycle jump ramp. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

#2334 5 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

Woohoo! I just sent payment for a red transparent ramp and a Kydex black cycle jump ramp. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Good to go... Will ship tomorrow morning!

#2335 5 years ago

oh, so just pay you? I'll do that on my lunch break! Red cycle jump and the orange corkscrew!

#2336 5 years ago

Wow...I also thought the kydex was the only way to go, but man, those red cycle jump are awesome looking! Just sent payment for both. Cant wait!

#2337 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Wow...I also thought the kydex was the only way to go, but man, those red cycle jump are awesome looking! Just sent payment for both. Cant wait!

Actually making some more red today. Wait until you see it in the game. Looks better in person.

Out tomorrow morning.

#2338 5 years ago

Just paypalled you $155 wooooooo hooooooo

Now I just need to replace the pop bumpers and my comet will be pretty much complete

#2339 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Just paypalled you $155 wooooooo hooooooo
Now I just need to replace the pop bumpers and my comet will be pretty much complete

Good to go. Out tomorrow morning.

#2340 5 years ago

Hello

I sent you a PM about the comet ramps.

Thanks

#2341 5 years ago

It May be in this thread somewhere already but... FreePlay40 do you by chance have a Hollywood heat ramp in the red color? If so how much is it?

Thanks

#2342 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Not too much ramp activity at StarShip???

#2343 5 years ago
Quoted from Xanathar:

It May be in this thread somewhere already but... FreePlay40 do you by chance have a Hollywood heat ramp in the red color? If so how much is it?
Thanks

Sorry, nothing for Hollywood Heat.

#2344 5 years ago

Whew! Over the hump now on the Comet ramps. Many thanks to those who have purchased so far. I've just sent out emails to those I have not heard from yet as a courtesy. Couple more days and full speed ahead on Pinbot!

#2345 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Whew! Over the hump now on the Comet ramps. Many thanks to those who have purchased so far. I've just sent out emails to those I have not heard from yet as a courtesy. Couple more days and full speed ahead on Pinbot!

Can you come back around to the Comet ramps at a later date?

#2346 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Not too much ramp activity at StarShip???

Nope! Just got a answer email from Larry. About 3-4 weeks away from starting WCS ramps. Probably making all three. Problem 2 months ago he told me around 1-2 weeks from production.
Lot of lip flapping and no making

#2347 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Nope! Just got a answer email from Larry. About 3-4 weeks away from starting WCS ramps. Probably making all three. Problem 2 months ago he told me around 1-2 weeks from production.
Lot of lip flapping and no making

If memory serves, he's been saying that for the last 5 years or so.. So, we'll see.

#2348 5 years ago

Hey Mark -
Just a heads up in case you haven't been following it.
The Outside Edge guys are working on a Hardtop overlay for High Speed right now. They should have that for sale in a couple of months.
Seems like lots of people (including me) are going to be installing that once it comes out. A new clear red or blue ramp with that will be sweet.
New ramp with the blown out playfield wasn't really worth it, but with a brand new looking playfield it will be just the thing!
Maybe consider a run of High Speed ramps in your upcoming schedule.
Glad you're well and making all these cool ramps!

#2349 5 years ago

Got the ramps! Nice packaging.

I want to pick up auto pinstriping for the cork screw ramp.

I'm envious of the red ramp, but I'm happy with how the smoke looks, I just need to grind off the rivers and install it

#2350 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Hey Mark -
Just a heads up in case you haven't been following it.
The Outside Edge guys are working on a Hardtop overlay for High Speed right now. They should have that for sale in a couple of months.
Seems like lots of people (including me) are going to be installing that once it comes out. A new clear red or blue ramp with that will be sweet.
New ramp with the blown out playfield wasn't really worth it, but with a brand new looking playfield it will be just the thing!
Maybe consider a run of High Speed ramps in your upcoming schedule.
Glad you're well and making all these cool ramps!

Generally I don't do one time production runs. I still offer everything I've made since the first ramp...which happens to be High Speed. I don't keep much inventory as I pretty much make ramps on demand. There are several folks out there now ready to order High Speeds, so I will make up another bunch this week. Mirco has also said that they will reproduce the playfield again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, OH
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/47?hl=jason43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.