IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 103.
#2251 5 years ago

A Kydex center WhoDunnit ramp would be virtually indestructible

#2252 5 years ago

They both look great but in my book the kydex sure seems like an all out winner.

#2253 5 years ago

These Ramps are Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Put me down for a Kydex ramp also. If the smoke comes out OK I'll take one of those also.

#2254 5 years ago

That Kydex looks tits! I'm down for that and a translucent orange corkscrew ramp. If only you repro'ed plastics, then I'd stop having broken Arnie plastics in my T2.

#2255 5 years ago

Looks great!!! Can you make me a custom Kydex with the opening on the opposite end? That million point shot is just to darn hard. Kidding of course, it's much easier to just swap the switches. Thanks for your hard work!

#2256 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

That Kydex looks tits! I'm down for that and a translucent orange corkscrew ramp. If only you repro'ed plastics, then I'd stop having broken Arnie plastics in my T2.

If you use this method the plastics won’t break in the same spot again. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repairing-cracked-and-broken-plastics

#2257 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

also has superior flammability characteristics compared with ABS or HIPS.

My first thought is that I don't want anything in my pin to have "superior flammability characteristics". But I suppose if by "superior" they mean "less flammable" rather than "more flammable", then I guess it's a good thing.

#2258 5 years ago

Man, if only you would make a Back to the Future ramp! How do I order a Royal Rumble ramp?

#2259 5 years ago

I am down for a Kydex ramp

#2260 5 years ago
Quoted from yendor0:

My first thought is that I don't want anything in my pin to have "superior flammability characteristics". But I suppose if by "superior" they mean "less flammable" rather than "more flammable", then I guess it's a good thing.

Well, inflammable means it burns so flammable must be the opposite, right?

Stupid english language...

#2261 5 years ago

I'm in for a Kydex ramp ... how do I pay and how much? Thx (Got the orange spiral already and it's fantastic)

#2262 5 years ago

Back to the Future desperately needs the main ramp redone! It would be awesome! Just bought a Royal Rumble ramp.

#2263 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Back to the Future desperately needs the main ramp redone!

Sorry...Too big for the current setup.

#2264 5 years ago

Feel free to bump me down the list a bit for the Kydex ramp. Very excited to get that and the corkscrew, but kidney stones have slowed down my project progress. I'm finally about ready to sand the playfield so I can do my hardtop install. Hopefully start on that this weekend. Anyway, I'll be happy to pay now or when ever, but probably won't be able to use them for a good month. So no hurry to get mine out. Thanks!

#2265 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Feel free to bump me down the list a bit for the Kydex ramp. Very excited to get that and the corkscrew, but kidney stones have slowed down my project progress. I'm finally about ready to sand the playfield so I can do my hardtop install. Hopefully start on that this weekend. Anyway, I'll be happy to pay now or when ever, but probably won't be able to use them for a good month. So no hurry to get mine out. Thanks!

Dude, sorry to hear about the kidney stones. Been there...its no joke!

#2266 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Thanks. You were pretty high on the list so I will be sure to save a Kydex ramp for you.

#2267 5 years ago

Do you think sets can be ready by the 1st week of June? I am planning on taking mine to the Atlanta Southern Fried Gaming Expo the 8-10th.
Going to start cabinet stencils this week

#2269 5 years ago

Waiting for molds to cure a like watching grass grow...

In the meantime, I am shipping out the few Kydex ramps I have tomorrow. I did find a dye for the dark smoke that I am pleased with if anyone wants that option. Photos below of what I have to offer right now...

Left to right... Clear, Smoked, ABS and Kydex. Only the Kydex is actually finished.

Hard to see the smoked effect on the white board so in the second photo, just held it with a clear for contrast against the evening sky.

Bothe the ABS and the Kydex are textured on the bottom and smooth on the inside. The dyed smoked PETG is shiny top and bottom.

IMG_1363 (resized).JPGIMG_1363 (resized).JPG

IMG_1365 (resized).JPGIMG_1365 (resized).JPG

#2270 5 years ago

Wow! Now I'm torn between one ramp formed in Kydex and one in smoky PETG, or two formed in Kydex. Just glad to have the opportunity to choose. Up until now that wasn't even an option. The entire pinball world could never repay you for everything that you do to help out our community. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Think I'll go with two Kydex jump ramps. Let me know when I can order and pay for them. The two orange-dyed corkscrew ramps that I got from you look great. I already have two Comet Center ramps so I should be good to go for now after I get these cycle jump ramps.

#2271 5 years ago

Mark are the plans in the works to upgrade your heater so we can move on to have you make the Comet center ramp?

#2272 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Mark are the plans in the works to upgrade your heater so we can move on to have you make the Comet center ramp?

I have everything I need to build the new machine, but just have not got to it. My existing machine can form much larger plastic, but at present I cannot heat the bigger plastic. The new machine will have a heater big enough to do what I want so I am actually thinking about building the heater first so I can use it in conjunction with my existing machine. This would enable me to do some larger stuff while I complete the work on the rest of the new machine.

#2273 5 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

Wow! Now I'm torn between one ramp formed in Kydex and one in smoky PETG, or two formed in Kydex. Just glad to have the opportunity to choose. Up until now that wasn't even an option. The entire pinball world could never repay you for everything that you do to help out our community. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Think I'll go with two Kydex jump ramps. Let me know when I can order and pay for them. The two orange-dyed corkscrew ramps that I got from you look great. I already have two Comet Center ramps so I should be good to go for now after I get these cycle jump ramps.

As soon as the new Cycle Jump molds have cured, I will form the rest of the Kydex that I have. If I don't have enough to cover everyone, I'll order another sheet.

#2274 5 years ago

Hey Freeplay40 how about a short video of you making a ramp or two! I think many of us would like to see you make the magic happen!!!

#2275 5 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

Hey Freeplay40 how about a short video of you making a ramp or two! I think many of us would like to see you make the magic happen!!!

Too much work to do the video. However, you are welcome to stop by and see first hand. I've had a few Pinsiders visit.

#2276 5 years ago

The smoke looks better than i thought it would. I'd still like to see it installed with the lights under it.

#2277 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

The smoke looks better than i thought it would. I'd still like to see it installed with the lights under it.

Unfortunately I do not have a Comet on hand. However I have placed other ramps into a game I have to demonstrate the lighting. I'll see if I can find a spot to show it.

#2278 5 years ago

I'm in for the smoke, and can take a picture if someone wants.

#2279 5 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

I'm in for the smoke, and can take a picture if someone wants.

Trying to get a bunch of stuff done today and then going in for a minor day surgery tomorrow morning..hopefully this will be the last for a long time! I will finish the smoked one today and get some more photos posted of it.

#2280 5 years ago

Freeplay40 When I order mine you can include a smoked ramp and I can take pix of it in game, then I can send it off to whomever orders it (I obviously wont need 2 ramps)

#2281 5 years ago

Actually I do have a Comet locally and I need to visit him anyway. He was the donor for the Cycle Jump ramp. He had recently purchased a Cycle Jump out of Europe, but his Cork Screw is not so good. So offering him a Cork Screw instead if he wants it. I'll PM him now but probably won't be able to get over there until Tuesday at the earliest.

But thank you for the offer!

#2282 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Trying to get a bunch of stuff done today and then going in for a minor day surgery tomorrow morning.

That sounds exactly like my day. Good luck with yours!

#2283 5 years ago

I hope the surgery goes well, God speed and quick healing!

#2284 5 years ago

Any chance of Demolition Man ramps?

#2285 5 years ago

If you can't let me know, I don't mind paying a refundable deposit on the second ramp if you don't trust me (I am an internet stranger!)

I'm super exited to have my comet up to 110%! Let us know how everything else goes, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we hope you're on the mend quickly!

#2286 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Any chance of Demolition Man ramps?

Butch2099 You are the sixth person asking for ramps for Demolition Man in this thread. Have you also asked Larry at Starship-Fanstasy?

#2287 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

butch2099 You are the sixth person asking for ramps for Demolition Man in this thread. Have you also asked Larry at Starship-Fanstasy?

I didn't see them listed on his site. I'll send him a message if you think that he has them.

#2288 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I didn't see them listed on his site. I'll send him a message if you think that he has them.

I think Larry does the same thing as Freeplay40 in that he takes feedback on titles taht people would like to see produced. I know that he works with freeplay40 to make sure there is no duplication of effort.

#2289 5 years ago

Home from surgery and feeling great!

Demolition Man ramps. These are on my future to do list. However at least one of the ramps is too big for me to do right now. Has to wait for the new heater.

#2290 5 years ago

Just spoke to my local friend with the Comet. I'm going to see him on Wednesday and will take the smoked Cycle Jump ramp and most likely a transparent red one to set in his game for a photo op.

#2291 5 years ago

Good to hear your surgery went well and you are feeling ok.

#2292 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Home from surgery and feeling great!

Glad to hear that. Mine went well too, but I'm considering changing my username to Richard_Hertz.

Also, in an effort to keep my mind off of no eating and drinking I managed to sand my playfield this morning. Woohoo, making progress!

#2293 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Just spoke to my local friend with the Comet. I'm going to see him on Wednesday and will take the smoked Cycle Jump ramp and most likely a transparent red one to set in his game for a photo op.

Excellent! I'm already in for the corkscrew ramp. I'll know which cycle ramp to pick once you post these pics.

#2294 5 years ago

Ramps showed up today and look awesome! I can't thank you enough Mark for your hard work and dedication. Now when drscottsmith gets my overlay project finished its gonna look like its fresh off the showroom floor.

20180521_191904 (resized).jpg20180521_191904 (resized).jpg

#2295 5 years ago

Also very glad to hear that both yours Mark and @jaytrem's surgeries both went well.

#2296 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Also very glad to hear that both yours Mark and jaytrem's surgeries both went well.

Thanks! I've had enough surgeries and hopefully this is the last!

#2297 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Also very glad to hear that both yours Mark and jaytrem's surgeries both went well.

Thanks, first and also hopefully last.

#2298 5 years ago

Comet ramps arrived and they look great! Glad I went with the Kydex, really like it. Thanks again Mark!

#2299 5 years ago

One of these days I need to obtain a machine Mark is making ramps for!

#2300 5 years ago

They look amazing, let me know when I can pay and get them, I'll be sure to take lots of pictures for you. I'll probably figure out a way to light up the corkscrew like I lit up the comet on the shooter entry:
LED Strip (resized).jpgLED Strip (resized).jpg
covered (resized).jpgcovered (resized).jpg

Sorry for the crummy cell phone pix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/46?hl=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.