IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 103.
#2151 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I will buy corkscrew ramp and a cycle jump ramp please

Me too please. Project is officially under way. Playfielf sure looks nice where the mylar was, the rest not so much.

15241908361791774708820 (resized).jpg15241908361791774708820 (resized).jpg

#2152 6 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Me too please. Project is officially under way. Playfielf sure looks nice where the mylar was, the rest not so much.

Have you number 11 on my list....

#2153 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I've been following pinheadpierre's restoration and he mentioned that he was trying to get the game done in time for the Golden State Pinball show. He said he did not want to ask but was hoping he would have the new Cork Screw ramp in time so that he would not have to put his broken taped together ramp back in. This is going out to him tomorrow morning.

THANK YOU, Mark! You are awesome. I can't properly express how excited I am!

#2154 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Got most of the work done on my mother's house and am now working on finishing the Cork Screw ramps. I will start working down the list soon.

That's great news! I need two orange-dyed corkscrew ramps when you have them ready and put me on the list for two cycle jump ramps. One in black and one in the smoke style. Thanks! You are a savior to many of us out here in pinball land!

#2155 6 years ago

This makes me want to find a Comet to restore. That corkscrew ramp looks sweet!

#2156 6 years ago

Oh boy im gonna feel like a little kid on Christmas morning when my package shows up.

#2157 6 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Good luck with your project.

Freeplay40 I'm in no rush for the comet ramps. Take your time. Thanks

#2158 6 years ago

Love the look of the clear orange ramp! Cant wait to replace mine being held together with duct tape Should look good with some lights to light it up!

Jaytrem, the one I just bought looks a lot like yours. The area covered with mylar looks nearly perfect, everywhere else is trashed. Are you planning on doing a hardtop or actually fixing that all up?

#2159 6 years ago

I can wait for the Corkscrew until the jump ramp is ready. I think I'll go with a Smoke jump ramp also looks good.

I'm doing a Hardtop install and i'm going to re-stencil the cab now if only I can find a back glass with color as mines has none and BGresto hasn't found one to scan to reproduce it yet. Any of you Comet guys have a good backglass that can get scanned

#2160 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Jaytrem, the one I just bought looks a lot like yours. The area covered with mylar looks nearly perfect, everywhere else is trashed. Are you planning on doing a hardtop or actually fixing that all up?

Hardtop all the way!!! All ready have it in hand ready to go. Amazing job pinheadpierre did, way beyond my skills though. I'll be lucky if I can get that thing back together. I was surprised how easy the mylar came up and did almost no damage. I didn't freeze it at all since there was really no reason to be careful. Couldn't believe how nice it was underneath.

Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Any of you Comet guys have a good backglass that can get scanned

There's a Comet jigglymartian is possibly bringing to Pinfest that is supposed to have a real nice one. Mine is not bad, some fade but not terrible, a couple scrapes near the fireworks that kinda blend in, and one annoying bright dot on a front row kid. I'll be away that weekend so can't make it to Pinfest (bah), else would possibly try to make a trade.

Quoted from Freeplay40:

Have you number 11 on my list....

My favorite number, thanks!

#2161 6 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

I can wait for the Corkscrew until the jump ramp is ready. I think I'll go with a Smoke jump ramp also looks good.
I'm doing a Hardtop install and i'm going to re-stencil the cab now if only I can find a back glass with color as mines has none and BGresto hasn't found one to scan to reproduce it yet. Any of you Comet guys have a good backglass that can get scanned

My glass is mint, but I dont have a scanner. Someone local is welcome to come scan it.

#2162 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

My glass is mint, but I dont have a scanner. Someone local is welcome to come scan it.

Thanks guys I messaged BGresto to get some info I'll see what they say.

#2163 5 years ago

Put me on the list for corkscrew and cycle jump when ready

#2164 5 years ago

I was hoping to hook up locally to post a photo of the new Comet Cork Screw ramp shown in a game before I released them. pinheadpierre received his new ramp over the weekend and was kind enough to post a photo.

Check this out...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-restoration-project/page/3#post-4356196

#2165 5 years ago

Will begin taking orders today. First...If you do purchase please help me out by stating your Pinside name in the Paypal notes. If can get very confusing for me and I want to make sure I cover everyone.

As you know I will also be making a replacement for the Cycle Jump ramp. Some of you have commented that you will wait to ship both together to save shipping costs.

If you only want the Cork Screw ramp now you can send payment via Paypal to [email protected]

Please don't forget your Pinside name! And be sure I get your address.

Transparent Orange Cork Screw Ramp $80
Shipping $10

If you want to wait for the Cycle Jump ramp, would appreciate you letting me know so I can keep everyone straight...Don't worry...If you let me know you want to wait I will be sure to save you a Cork Screw.

At this point any new requests will be put on a STANDBY list as I expect I will sell out this first run pretty quickly. More will be made depending on demand, but it will certainly be several weeks before I set up for the orange again.

#2166 5 years ago

I will wait for the Cycle Jump ramp to be done. The cork screw ramp looks awesome though! Cant wait

#2167 5 years ago

Hey Mark, please put me on the wait list for a cycle jump ramp and a corkscrew ramp. Very exciting time to be a Comet owner!

#2168 5 years ago

Just placed an order for the cork screw ramp. Thank you!

#2169 5 years ago

how long until the skeeball ramp is ready? I dont mind waiting to save on combined shipping. I also dont mind paying for everything in advance.

#2170 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

how long until the skeeball ramp is ready?

Skeeball ramp???????

#2171 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Skeeball ramp???????

He's asking about the million point ramp, the one with the three circles.

#2172 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

He's asking about the million point ramp, the one with the three circles.

Ahhh...Cycle Jump ramp. Probably a couple weeks. Mold is curing now. Hope to be forming in about a week.

#2173 5 years ago

I'll be happy to pay for the corkscrew now, but I don't mind waiting to ship it until the cycle jump is also ready. I suspect you'll have it done before I'm ready to use it.

If the smoke cycle jump looks as good as the corkscrew it will be a tough decision.

Thanks!!!

#2174 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

I'll be happy to pay for the corkscrew now, but I don't mind waiting to ship it until the cycle jump is also ready. I suspect you'll have it done before I'm ready to use it.
If the smoke cycle jump looks as good as the corkscrew it will be a tough decision.
Thanks!!!

Better to just wait. There may be a price difference between black ABS and dyed PETG.

#2175 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Better to just wait. There may be a price difference between black ABS and dyed PETG.

Will do, thanks.

#2176 5 years ago

Yeah, cycle jump/skeeball. I've heard it called both and I'm just in the habit of calling it the skeeball shot.

If I want both, can I still pay $90 for the corkscrew now and the balance for the other when its ready?

#2177 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

If I want both, can I still pay $90 for the corkscrew now and the balance for the other when its ready?

No need to pay anything now. You are solidly on my "wait for the Cycle Jump ramp" list.

#2178 5 years ago

Does making a bondo mold damage the original ramp? I'm in need of an Atlantis ramp and only have the one in my machine to use a to cast a mold from. With only 1500 machines produced I know this one would be way down on your priority list.

Thx

#2179 5 years ago

It's happening guys!

Looks great! I'm thinking about getting some nice stretchy black auto pinstriping tape for the black line.

-c

#2180 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Does making a bondo mold damage the original ramp? I'm in need of an Atlantis ramp and only have the one in my machine to use a to cast a mold from. With only 1500 machines produced I know this one would be way down on your priority list.
Thx

If you mix the Bondo too "hot", yes it can damage plastic.

#2181 5 years ago

I need a price total for two corkscrew ramps with shipping. How and who do I pay? Thanks.

#2182 5 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

I need a price total for two corkscrew ramps with shipping. How and who do I pay? Thanks.

Maybe PM for combined shipping, but these were the payment details:

Quoted from Freeplay40:

If you only want the Cork Screw ramp now you can send payment via Paypal to [email protected]
Please don't forget your Pinside name! And be sure I get your address.
Transparent Orange Cork Screw Ramp $80
Shipping $10

#2183 5 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

Sending PM

#2184 5 years ago

Just curious, has anybody expressed interest in the clear ones? Or is everybody going orange? Thanks.

#2185 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Just curious, has anybody expressed interest in the clear ones? Or is everybody going orange? Thanks.

So far it's orange all the way. There is one guy who initially expressed interest in 2 clear and one orange, but he has not responded yet.

#2186 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

So far it's orange all the way. There is one guy who initially expressed interest in 2 clear and one orange, but he has not responded yet.

If the center ramp can get made I would try a complete set in clear but my center ramp is to yellowed to have nice clear ramps next it.

#2187 5 years ago

If there's a wait list, please put me on it for the cycle jump shroud.

#2188 5 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

If the center ramp can get made I would try a complete set in clear but my center ramp is to yellowed to have nice clear ramps next it.

Comet center ramp is down the road, but will eventually be the first one I do on the new machine.

#2189 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

If there's a wait list, please put me on it for the cycle jump shroud.

Already on my list!

#2190 5 years ago

Freeplay40 I just got back from vacation, is it too late to get a pinbot ramp?

#2191 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

freeplay40 I just got back from vacation, is it too late to get a pinbot ramp?

I've only produced the Lift ramp assembly so far. Is that what you want? The main ramp, visor and probably helmet are coming soon.

#2192 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I've only produced the Lift ramp assembly so far. Is that what you want? The main ramp, visor and probably helmet are coming soon.

Yes I’m in for all of them as they become available.

#2193 5 years ago

I would like to join the list of people to the get the transparent orange corkscrew ramp and the cycle jump shroud when you get them done. Let me know what you need to do so. I could pay for the screw ramp first if needed. My game is playable, but would love these two pieces. Thanks!

#2194 5 years ago

Completing the mold for the Cycle Jump ramp this morning. Hope for first forming later today.

#2195 5 years ago

Freeplay 40- I would like to get on the list for the Comet, cork screw ramp. Please let me know what I need to do to order one. Saw the prototype and it looks awesome. Thanks so much for making the molds to do this. I have been a machinist at one point in my life and would be interested how your trim the parts after vacuum molding them? what material do you use?
Pinside name is brent1955

#2196 5 years ago

Any further news on Demo Man ramps?

#2198 5 years ago

Comet Cycle Jump ramp was successfully formed. Was hoping I could do it in some very thick ABS that I have and although it formed very nicely, I could not get it to disengage from the mold. So I will be picking up some 1/8" black ABS on Friday. Hope to have photos this weekend.

#2199 5 years ago

have you done bally the game show ramps before mark/ too lazy to look thru the posts!

#2200 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

have you done bally the game show ramps before mark/ too lazy to look thru the posts!

Sorry, no....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton Twp, MI
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 81.95
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/44?hl=toofiddyman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.