IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 103.
#2101 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

OK. When I get to this one I will plan on showing it in a few color variations.....That said, it look like black might be desired as well. I just checked with my supplier and he had black ABS in 1/8" and the next thickness he had was 3/16". I would have liked something in the middle, but thought what the hell...I ordered a sheet of the 3/16". That will reeeeealy increase the strength. Hard to say what the original thickness was on the factory ramp as the thickness changes when formed, but I would guess it was .060....what I just ordered is .187...so basically three time as thick!

Awesome, thanks for doing that. Will be interesting to see the other colors, but my gut says I'll stick with black.

#2102 6 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Awesome, thanks for doing that. Will be interesting to see the other colors, but my gut says I'll stick with black.

You could always get a clear and paint the back side black. That would be a nice shiny black then.

#2103 6 years ago

Have you ever done Grand Lizard ramps? Or even an unpainted head? Or any plans for these?

#2104 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That would be a nice shiny black then.

Yes it would. I've done that before for a couple folks, but I thought in this case the paint might not hold up as well.

#2105 6 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Have you ever done Grand Lizard ramps? Or even an unpainted head? Or any plans for these?

Yes, I have given thought to Grand Lizard ramps. The head, even without paint might be pushing the license button.

#2106 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Having mixed a few other color variations, I'm guessing the desired color will be a mix of yellow and turquois. I have some yellow and turquois already in separate batches, so I'll try to experiment soon.

That would be awesome. I have to factor in my starting point, but I'm not too worried about it. Of course, I may need to buy just a right Genesis ramp if things go horribly wrong

#2107 6 years ago

I like that Smoke also for the jump ramp better than just black, at least it will make it easier to see the saucer under it. But in the end any thing new would be better than the flimsy thing I got now even a new stronger black one would be fine.

Ordered my Hardtop for Comet going to start that install next week can't wait for the new cork screw ramp, and new jump ramp would be great also

#2108 6 years ago

nikpinball I have already offered Mark a set of Grand Lizard ramps for casting... if someone could provide the head, I really doubt it would cause a license stir...

#2109 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

. if someone could provide the head, I really doubt it would cause a license stir...

That's great material!

#2110 6 years ago

I'm in for black or the smoked one. Either will be better than whats on there now cannot wait. I wonder what a yellow cycle jump ramp would look like?

#2111 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

nikpinball I have already offered Mark a set of Grand Lizard ramps for casting... if someone could provide the head, I really doubt it would cause a license stir...

Awesome to hear. Ramp is the important part. I have 2 GL and neither has a good ramp. The heads suck too but since the ball doesn't roll on it i at least think I can sculpt a cool head mod of sorts

#2112 6 years ago

It's clear that the original Cork Screw ramp in thinner material than what I am using. It can be hard to tell what the thickness was of a piece of plastic before it is vacuum formed since it changes when stretched. On the Rufio ramp I did a comparison by weight of the finished product, so I thought I'd do the same here.

Original Cork Screw ramp 1.85 oz.
My Cork Screw ramp 3.45 oz.

86% increase in weight...

IMG_1351 (resized).JPGIMG_1351 (resized).JPG

IMG_1347 (resized).JPGIMG_1347 (resized).JPG

#2113 6 years ago

Oh but Mark you didn't drill those 8 holes in the new one yet.

#2114 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh but Mark you didn't drill those 8 holes in the new one yet.

OK..85%

#2115 6 years ago

Aww hell come on already stop teasing us!

#2116 6 years ago

When I used ipoly to dye the MM subway ramp, green came out teal. Needed to use use green yellow, 1 to get green.

#2117 6 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

When I used ipoly to dye the MM subway ramp, green came out teal. Needed to use use green yellow, 1 to get green.

Which green did you use? They have a Kelly Green and a regular Green. I used a regular green and found it muddy like it was too Yellow.

I wouldn't have minded a little teal in the green. Genesis would look good with Teal ramps (way better than purplish pink). I almost went that way instead of the Green and Blue ramps.

#2118 6 years ago

Hi Mark,
did you ever consider to do the Serpentine Ramp from Indy500?
Regards, Herb

#2119 6 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

Hi Mark,
did you ever consider to do the Serpentine Ramp from Indy500?
Regards, Herb

Not yet

#2120 6 years ago

I used regular green and it came out a perfect teal. Wonder if there was a brand or temperature difference.

#2121 6 years ago

I'm sorry maybe I missed this in an earlier post but how much is the Comet corkscrew ramp? And is the other ramps available for Comet as well?

#2122 6 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

I'm sorry maybe I missed this in an earlier post but how much is the Comet corkscrew ramp? And is the other ramps available for Comet as well?

Looks like $80 for the transparent orange Cork Screw ramp and $65 for a clear. I won't be able to do the center ramp until I upgrade my heater. Had some requests for the Cycle Jump ramp so going to fast track that one.

#2123 6 years ago

would you consider it since it seems to be unobtainable or is it too large for your current setup (or not enough demand??)

#2124 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Looks like $80 for the transparent orange Cork Screw ramp and $65 for a clear. I won't be able to do the center ramp until I upgrade my heater. Had some requests for the Cycle Jump ramp so going to fast track that one.

Has the decision been made on what color the cycle jump ramp will be?

#2125 6 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

would you consider it since it seems to be unobtainable or is it too large for your current setup (or not enough demand??)

I think there is enough interest for me to do them but I think they are also too big for my current heater. It just takes time. I basically lost about a year with my health issues and am now trying to get back to full speed.

#2126 6 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Has the decision been made on what color the cycle jump ramp will be?

I intend to offer it in black ABS as well as in PETG which can be dyed a variety of colors. So far I have not seen a high interest in a particular color. I could do them in blue, yellow or red, but personally I think what would be a good alternative to the black ABS would be a clear dark smoke....sort of black and sort of clear.

#2127 6 years ago

So... I want to let everyone know where I'm at. Generally when I offer a new ramp, of course depending on demand, I produce enough for the initial interest and then roll them out. The Comet Cork Screw ramp, although small is just another challenge. In the case of the Cork Screw, I need to dye them (Have quite a few already dyed...and actually going to do one more run of 6 today before I retire this batch of orange dye. The anticipation for this one has been out there for quite a while, so my initial interest level on this one is pretty significant. While I have been working hard on this one, interest for the Cycle Jump ramp came into discussion and I already have quite a few that would like both. As you all know I am not set up to do the large center ramp yet, but given the interest for it, it will be one of the first two I will offer once I get the new heater set up.

The Cork Screws are coming...but today I am going to try and get the mold done for the Cycle Jump as once cast, takes at least a week to cure.

I have also committed to doing several pieces for Pinbot that I also need to get cast and curing. I have a Pinbot on loan that I would like to return as soon as possible.

Please bear with me...all just takes time. Although I am retired I have some work I need to do to one of my mother's homes which are rentals that pay for her adult care. The icing on the cake is that my brother is coming from Costa Rica on the 26th for one of his visits, which always seem to come at the worst times. While it is always good to see him, I just wish it would happen during a lull in production!

#2128 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Please bear with me...all just takes time. Although I am retired I have some work I need to do to one of my mother's homes which are rentals that pay for her adult care. The icing on the cake is that my brother is coming from Costa Rica on the 26th for one of his visits, which always seem to come at the worst times. While it is always good to see him, I just wish it would happen during a lull in production!

Family is way more important than our corkscrew ramps. I think most of us are just thrilled that you're making them at all. And now the cycle jump, and eventually the Comet!!! You're already my hero!!! Take as much time as you need. And thank you!!!

On a personal note, tomorrow is my birthday and self imposed deadline for start of the Comet project. So I'll play my last game for a while tomorrow before bed. Hope I can end it with a million point cycle jump!!! Super excited for the hardtop install, hopefully it all works when I'm finished. Got just about everything working perfectly now, bit reluctant to stop playing and tear it apart.

#2129 6 years ago

I agree @jayterm. Family is important and comes first. It's very nice of you help produce replacement ramps for the pinball community. The pins can wait for their ramps!

Thank you

#2130 6 years ago

Can you put me on the list for the comet ramps? Just picked one up and both of them are pretty beat up. Thanks!

#2131 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Can you put me on the list for the comet ramps? Just picked one up and both of them are pretty beat up. Thanks!

On the list for the Cork Screw and the Cycle Jump. Center ramp will come at a later date.

#2132 6 years ago

You know, that clear orange would really make some killer looking ramps for a Fire pin. Nearly every one I’ve looked at has broken or cracked ramps....

#2133 6 years ago

Most common words to Freeplay in this thread....

“Have you ever thought about making ___?”

9A77295C-93FB-4755-81AD-158EBC4017BE (resized).jpeg9A77295C-93FB-4755-81AD-158EBC4017BE (resized).jpeg

#2134 6 years ago

I was visiting my son this last Saturday in Gig Harbor to see his new house. I originally was going to spend the night as the following day he was hosting the committee that handles the NW Pinball Show in June. One of the attendees brought a Black Belt ramp with hopes of hooking up with me. He left the ramp with my son who I will see soon.

#2135 6 years ago
Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

You know, that clear orange would really make some killer looking ramps for a Fire pin. Nearly every one I’ve looked at has broken or cracked ramps....

Good idea. This orange is just "delicious".

#2136 6 years ago

I've got two Comets. I'm in for at least one full set of every ramp you make for it, possibly two sets.

I need to go check out my beater Comet in storage and see if it's worth saving.

#2137 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Put me on the list too. Both the corkscrew in orange and a "color yet to be determined" cycle jump!
Thx

#2138 6 years ago

Hello Mark, curious if you have any GNR ramps avail?,if you could please let me know, I am interested in a set if avail

#2139 6 years ago

Hey Mark its been stated enough but family cannot be replaced. Thankfully with your dedication to all of our addiction to pinball the ramps can. I know we are all stoked that the comet will ride again on fresh new ramps. Super excited to be able to drop in a fresh orange corkscrew and a black cycle jump ramp. Hell when you eventually get to the comet center ramp my machine will be almost new again. Cannot thank you enough for helping all of us revitalize our machines.

#2140 6 years ago

Yah, no rush! Whenever you get to it is fine with me. Thanks for dealing with a bunch of demanding pinball nerds .

#2141 6 years ago

Anybody else notice the cycle jump on ebay? Starting bid of $150, no bids yet. Not sure if it's a repro or NOS. Either way Mark may have killed the bidding on that one.

#2142 6 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Anybody else notice the cycle jump on ebay? Starting bid of $150, no bids yet. Not sure if it's a repro or NOS. Either way Mark may have killed the bidding on that one.

Yeah had that come up a month or so ago I might have bought it myself but now I'll wait for a better one.

#2143 6 years ago

I would love to be added to the list of a Comet Corkscrew ramp when available.

Thanks

#2144 6 years ago

Cycle Jump mold successfully cast last night. Will now need to cure for about a week.

#2145 6 years ago

That is good news we are inching closer to some sweet ass new ramps.

#2146 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Most common words to Freeplay in this thread....
“Have you ever thought about making __?”

If we were answering in true Match Game fashion, the most common answers would be "buzooms" or "whoopee".

#2147 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I was visiting my son this last Saturday in Gig Harbor to see his new house. I originally was going to spend the night as the following day he was hosting the committee that handles the NW Pinball Show in June. One of the attendees brought a Black Belt ramp with hopes of hooking up with me. He left the ramp with my son who I will see soon.

Dude! Such great news. Put me down for the corkscrew, cycle jump and the Black Belt ramp when you get around to it!

#2148 6 years ago

I've been following pinheadpierre's restoration and he mentioned that he was trying to get the game done in time for the Golden State Pinball show. He said he did not want to ask but was hoping he would have the new Cork Screw ramp in time so that he would not have to put his broken taped together ramp back in. This is going out to him tomorrow morning.

IMG_1353 (resized).JPGIMG_1353 (resized).JPG

#2149 6 years ago

Got most of the work done on my mother's house and am now working on finishing the Cork Screw ramps. I will start working down the list soon.

#2150 6 years ago

I will buy corkscrew ramp and a cycle jump ramp please

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 81.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/43?hl=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.