IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 102.
#2051 5 years ago

I'm in for a comet ramp, just bill me already .

Now how about a translucent yellow cycle jump ramp?

-c

#2052 5 years ago

Im all in for Black Rose whirlpool ramp and cover.

#2053 5 years ago

Damn I want to buy a Comet just so I can get one of these ramps!

#2054 5 years ago

Comet is a great game. It's a game I thought was just going to pass through, but still standing strong. There's something about those fat analog sounding williams sounds.
F-14 is the same for me... Sometimes I just like some punishment instead of 20 minute ball times.

#2055 5 years ago

Comet made me SO much money back in the day, literally buckets and buckets of cash.

And even a few years ago when James "King of Cranes" and I put it and a bunch of pins in a bar for 20 year olds, it out earned everything, including AFM

#2056 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Comet made me SO much money back in the day, literally buckets and buckets of cash.
And even a few years ago when James "King of Cranes" and I put it and a bunch of pins in a bar for 20 year olds, it out earned everything, including AFM

I had mine on Freeplay at my shop and employees broke it so many times... flippers, targets, drop target... but oddly enough the ramps held strong. Coolest corkscrew ramp ever. I don’t have the game anymore, I moved it along to another pinhead. The backglass was perfect, miss that cool game

#2057 5 years ago

A little Cork Screw Candy....

IMG_1344 (resized).JPGIMG_1344 (resized).JPG

#2058 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I just came

#2059 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

How do we order one? PM you?

#2060 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I thought you made all your money making the Phantasm movies?

#2061 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Middle stack, 2nd from the bottom looks extra nice. Can I get that one please? Seriously though, they're going to look awesome. Can't wait to see one installed.

#2062 5 years ago

Cannot wait to throw away my duct tape and gorilla glue held together one in the trash finally and replace it with that sweet new orange one.

#2063 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Any thoughts on why they did so well? Theme? Simplicity, just enough features to be attractive? Shorter game time, with an obvious but not often attainable million point shot, keeps players dropping in more coins? Sorry to go off topic, just interested in why it would beat out AFM and others in earnings. Thanks.

#2064 5 years ago

I should be done coloring the first batch by tomorrow. In the mean time I am setting up for the finishing of them. Should be available in just the next few days.

#2065 5 years ago

Mark. Your an artist my friend.
Those ramps look great.
Vid, you made me cough coffee into my nose.

#2066 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Ermagerd!!!

#2067 5 years ago

Now that the corkscrew ramp for Comet is nearing completion is there any hope you will take on the cycle jump ramp for Comet?

#2068 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Now that the corkscrew ramp for Comet is nearing completion is there any hope you will take on the cycle jump ramp for Comet?

I'm thinking maybe yes. Need to scroll back through this post. Someone close to me has one I can take a look at. Generally I make my ramps out of either .118" or .150"...But I happen to have a couple sheets of .187"...basically 3/16" thick...hmmmmm

#2069 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I thought you made all your money making the Phantasm movies?

If you saw my acting in that last Phantasm Ravager, I probably owe them money.

#2070 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Any thoughts on why they did so well? Theme? Simplicity, just enough features to be attractive? Shorter game time, with an obvious but not often attainable million point shot, keeps players dropping in more coins? Sorry to go off topic, just interested in why it would beat out AFM and others in earnings. Thanks.

Probably because it has a non sexist theme - you don't have to save a transgendered woman from the martians, nor save a woman from a tower.

It has easy goals for a beginner, with big obvious payouts, yet it has more difficult goals (lighting 1986 only on the 3rd ball) for pinheads.

The risk/reward of dunking the dummy plays big too.

#2071 5 years ago

How is all this on-topic? Did I miss something?

#2072 5 years ago

This might be a bit crazy town, but incorporating the metal jump ramp into the plastic cycle jump ramp would be pretty cool in a one piece design. Probably would divide the clients, which would be bad.

-c

#2073 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I'm thinking maybe yes. Need to scroll back through this post. Someone close to me has one I can take a look at. Generally I make my ramps out of either .118" or .150"...But I happen to have a couple sheets of .187"...basically 3/16" thick...hmmmmm

You can count me in and probably countless others in desperate need of the cycle jump ramp. Mine currently is held together with black electrical tape so it's really gonna look extra crappy when my bright and shiny orange corkscrew ramp shows up.

#2074 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

I don't know if there is a definitive answer but I pumped quarters into it because it was within a short bicycle ride from my house when I was twelve. I thought it was a KISS Psycho Circus themed pin for some weird reason until I was much older.

#2075 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have a spare cycle jump ramp that I offered, if you need it.

#2076 5 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

I have a spare cycle jump ramp that I offered, if you need it.

It would look GREAT in transparent Yellow

#2077 5 years ago

Look what a local Pinsider just gave me....

IMG_1346 (resized).JPGIMG_1346 (resized).JPG

#2079 5 years ago

I have to say the Cycle Jump ramp is an extremely flimsy piece of plastic....we'll make it better...

#2080 5 years ago

Hip hop hooray!!!! Cannot wait for a new one. Hell that one in the pic is 10 times better than the one i currently have i would even take that one at this point

#2081 5 years ago

For the amount of abuse it takes. The cycle jump shroud Is way too flimsy. I'll definitely be ordering one of yours

#2082 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have to say the Cycle Jump ramp is an extremely flimsy piece of plastic....we'll make it better...

But what color?

#2083 5 years ago

You are making me want to buy another comet!

#2084 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But what color?

Good question....

BertoDRINK1 mentioned yellow. I have a nice deep red. The new orange is pretty rich as well but that might be too much orange. I think blue is out of the question. Maybe smoked? I suppose I could do black if that's what some want. I'm ordering plastic tomorrow and I will find out what thicknesses they have...pretty sure it will be textured on one side which could probably work or down.

If I was going to do just one for myself, I'd probably go multi-color.

Appreciate any of your thoughts on color.

#2085 5 years ago

Probably red would be best, keeping in the color pallet

#2086 5 years ago

Transparent green, if you can match it well enough.

If you look at the playfield nothing else makes more sense. Orange trail leads to the orange corkscrew ramp. Green trail leads to the jump ramp.

For originality it makes sense to keep it black, but we're already getting away from that with the transparent corkscrew ramp.

#2087 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I have yet to experiment with green. Will be special mix.

#2088 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

If you look at the playfield nothing else makes more sense. Orange trail leads to the orange corkscrew ramp. Green trail leads to the jump ramp.
For originality it makes sense to keep it black, but we're already getting away from that with the transparent corkscrew ramp.

I agree, yellow trail goes to the funhouse, so I wouldn't want that. Green does make sense but nit sure how good it will look. Red might be okay, it would go with the playfield below it. If given the option I think I would stick with black. How about red, white and blue to match Dillons outfit?

#2089 5 years ago

The more I think about it, a dark smoked might look cool. Sort of remove the harshness of solid black.

#2090 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Probably red would be best, keeping in the color pallet

I really like the red I have.

IMG_1230 (resized).JPGIMG_1230 (resized).JPG

#2091 5 years ago

Any plans for the BIG Hurricane ramp?

#2092 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Good question....
BertoDRINK1 mentioned yellow. I have a nice deep red. The new orange is pretty rich as well but that might be too much orange. I think blue is out of the question. Maybe smoked? I suppose I could do black if that's what some want. I'm ordering plastic tomorrow and I will find out what thicknesses they have...pretty sure it will be textured on one side which could probably work or down.
If I was going to do just one for myself, I'd probably go multi-color.
Appreciate any of your thoughts on color.

Prefer black as it is original, but the corkscrew looks great dyed in red. Can you dye a ramp black??

#2093 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have yet to experiment with green. Will be special mix.

Green is hard. When I dyed my Genesis ramp the dye had a little too much yellow (I think) and the ramp is a little muted. It doesn't look bad, it just doesn't look as saturated and bright as the blue ramp.

I keep waiting for your experiments in green to be posted here. Then I will re-dye my ramp... or buy a new one if I make a mess.

#2094 5 years ago

whohaaaa

i am just restoring a comet for a friend of mine. If the machine would be mine, there would be no question that the ramps would be replaced..

i have to ask him if he is willing to spend more money in this project ..

#2095 5 years ago

Just recently played a Comet on vacation and really enjoyed it. Crazy, I'm considering buying these ramps and I don't even own one.

#2096 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I really like the red I have.

Red will probably look good as well. I'm flexible. I just need a new ramp. Anything not hideous will suffice.

#2097 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The more I think about it, a dark smoked might look cool. Sort of remove the harshness of solid black.

This. Or black. The area under the cycle jump is kind of ugly. Can't say I'd want to show it off with a transparent ramp

#2098 5 years ago

OK. When I get to this one I will plan on showing it in a few color variations.....That said, it look like black might be desired as well. I just checked with my supplier and he had black ABS in 1/8" and the next thickness he had was 3/16". I would have liked something in the middle, but thought what the hell...I ordered a sheet of the 3/16". That will reeeeealy increase the strength. Hard to say what the original thickness was on the factory ramp as the thickness changes when formed, but I would guess it was .060....what I just ordered is .187...so basically three time as thick!

#2099 5 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Green is hard. When I dyed my Genesis ramp the dye had a little too much yellow (I think) and the ramp is a little muted. It doesn't look bad, it just doesn't look as saturated and bright as the blue ramp.
I keep waiting for your experiments in green to be posted here. Then I will re-dye my ramp... or buy a new one if I make a mess.

Having mixed a few other color variations, I'm guessing the desired color will be a mix of yellow and turquois. I have some yellow and turquois already in separate batches, so I'll try to experiment soon.

#2100 5 years ago

Yellow or some fire looking color gradient. I'm fine with smoke, but green would.... Not look good in my opinion.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
There are 5,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/42?hl=jason43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.