Topic Stats

• 3,714 posts
  • 588 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Toucanf16
  • Topic is favorited by 337 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 457 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
received_434946987313828 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191106_183142686 (resized).jpg
BCFDAD5F-9992-4B30-82F8-F249954DDA72 (resized).jpeg
A6D455C7-A027-4BFF-A53F-0923AC1DB65C (resized).jpeg
IMG_1578 (resized).JPG
5cbc34cfd8b096523e1c8b8fd0d7ef287e3eb5e6 (resized).png
IMG_1323 (resized).JPG
IMG_1101 (resized).JPG
IMG_1324 (resized).JPG
IMG_1255 (resized).JPG
IMG_1253 (resized).JPG
0E6F7F1F-B8A1-476C-A5AC-F9B6A8F359D9 (resized).jpeg
840A5C03-43F6-43CC-971A-7EEC3B9AAAFC (resized).jpeg
10BE131E-4362-49D1-8846-53AAC933D4DD (resized).jpeg
BE1EDD3F-8B88-4D4A-A27D-1516881F414C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3714 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 75.
#2001 1 year ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

When will Pinbot flap and ramp be available for purchase? I keep worrying that I’m gonna miss out...

Yes they will be available. I am going to do one more test today. I think my flap material is too thick for the ramp to move freely up and down. Once I am sure that is the issue I will purchase some thinner material...which i can get locally.

#2002 1 year ago

Roughly finished a clear and a dyed orange Comet Cork Screw today alongside an original. See photo and let me know what you think of the orange.

IMG_1342 (resized).JPG

#2003 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

See photo and let me know what you think of the orange.

Looks great!!!

#2004 1 year ago

I refit the Pinbot lift ramp with the original flap material and it works great. The flap material I generally use is just too thick (We're talking .008" vs .005") to let the ramp drop down on its own. Pretty sure I can get the .005" material locally so as soon as I get that I will start assembling those.

#2005 1 year ago

I think you mean.080 vs. .050 Mark. .050 PETG should hold up well for that.

#2006 1 year ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I think you mean.080 vs. .050 Mark. .050 PETG should hold up well for that.

The plastic I'm using for the lift ramp is .118 Lexan. Basically 1/8" thick. I'm talking about the blue tempered spring steel flap material and .005" is the correct thickness I need. The piece of flap material I had on the lift ramp was approximately .008" and was too stiff to allow the ramp to flex down.....I use a micrometer.

#2007 1 year ago

Oh OK....Got it. I misunderstood the post. Sorry about that.

#2008 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I also wanted to mention that I had another visitor the other day. Ryan with Comet Pinball was in the area last week and had time to visit. Spent a couple hours together just chatting pinball. Good times.

Played a couple games with Ryan at TPF (Alice Cooper and JJP Pirates) good guy and Love their LED's

#2009 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Roughly finished a clear and a dyed orange Comet Cork Screw today alongside an original. See photo and let me know what you think of the orange.

The orange looks great!

#2010 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

That looks like a tank compared to the original. Nice work. I like the orange.

#2011 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Looks amazing.

There has not been a new orange Comet ramp in probably 30 years...

#2012 1 year ago

Pinbot Lift ramp assembly. Problem solved.

The photo below demonstrates the issue I had with the Pinbot Lift ramp. There are two pieces of flap material on this ramp. The upper piece creates the "bridge" to the main ramp. This bridge is secured to a Stainless steel bracket that mounts to the playfield. In order for the ramp to function properly, the upper flap must be flexible enough to allow the lift ramp to fall to the playfield under its own weight. The .005" flap material worked perfectly. With the .008" material, the ramp basically remained, uh, "erect". This resulted in the machine trying repeatedly to lower the ramp.

I will start putting some of these together today. Price for the complete assembly will be $65. I haven't come up with a box size to ship just this yet so still need to figure out shipping cost if this is ordered alone. Expect once I make the other pieces for Pinbot that this piece could easily ship for free when purchased together....Or with any other ramp I make.

IMG_1343 (resized).JPG

#2013 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The orange is awesome on the corkscrew ramp, can't wait to get one.

#2014 1 year ago
Quoted from klinde1:

The orange is awesome on the corkscrew ramp, can't wait to get one.

I prefer the orange over the clear one as well. Looks great.

#2015 1 year ago

What do you use to dye them?

#2016 1 year ago

I prefer the orange one as well looks great!

#2017 1 year ago

Like the orange! When can I order?

#2018 1 year ago
Quoted from CraigC:

When can I order?

^^^
This. Ready to order/pre-order/whatever.

#2019 1 year ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

What do you use to dye them?

Ancient Chineese secret.

#2020 1 year ago

I will begin shipping the Pinbot lift ramp assemblies tomorrow morning. If interested, send payment via Paypal to Freeplay40@yahoo.com

Lift ramp assembly $65
Shipping $10 (USPS Priority)

Be sure I get your address.

Thanks...Mark

#2021 1 year ago

wow, comet ramp in orange rocks!

#2022 1 year ago

Payment sent for lift ramp!

#2023 1 year ago

Just wanted to give a ton of props to freeplay40 - Check out the before and after on this rufio hook ramp. Old sticker decals transferred very nicely from the old ramp to the new ramp and boy does it look pretty. I've attached both the before and after for reference. Again great job!

20180403_174051 (resized).jpg

20180403_174046 (resized).jpg

20180403_174111 (resized).jpg

20180403_174114 (resized).jpg

20180403_174117 (resized).jpg

#2024 1 year ago

Mark, any chance you would consider making new ramps for Demo Man please?

#2025 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Mark, any chance you would consider making new ramps for Demo Man please?

Maybe. Actually have a set of the Demo man ramps a friend loaned me. Will have to wait for the larger heater though.

#2026 1 year ago

Has a Hollywood Heat replacement ramp ever got on your radar? Just picked one of these up and it’s a cool game with an ugly, mismatched color ramp that’s always borked. Very Gottlieb of the era...

heat (resized).png

#2027 1 year ago
Quoted from jay:

Has a Hollywood Heat replacement ramp ever got on your radar? Just picked one of these up and it’s a cool game with an ugly, mismatched color ramp that’s always borked. Very Gottlieb of the era...

Don't recall any other requests for this one. We'll see if any others chime in.

#2028 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Orange all the way!!

#2029 1 year ago

flinstones ramps someday please.

#2030 1 year ago

After Jurassic Park! C'mon...we're all desperate owners over here!

#2031 1 year ago

Also cost on the Comet ramps. Thanks !!

#2032 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Maybe. Actually have a set of the Demo man ramps a friend loaned me. Will have to wait for the larger heater though.

That would great. These ramps aren't available anywhere else and I'm sure there would be interest from others as well in buying a set.

#2033 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Orange dyed looks great , im deffinatly in for one when they go for sale

#2034 1 year ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

Just wanted to give a ton of props to freeplay40 - Check out the before and after on this rufio hook ramp. Old sticker decals transferred very nicely from the old ramp to the new ramp and boy does it look pretty. I've attached both the before and after for reference. Again great job!

I need one of these ramps mine is busted just the same . Are they available.

#2035 1 year ago

Your ramps are the best can't wait to get a Who Dunnit ramp when you get to it.

#2036 1 year ago
Quoted from Drickey86:

I need one of these ramps mine is busted just the same . Are they available.

Yes t the Rufio's are available. Ihave a couple formed that just need to be finished. Info can be found here...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/27

Pricing is on post #1320

#2037 1 year ago

When you make the back pinbot ramp, would you also still have the lift ramp availible? I will be purchasing both but I figure I would just wait and grab both at the same time.

#2038 1 year ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

When you make the back pinbot ramp, would you also still have the lift ramp availible? I will be purchasing both but I figure I would just wait and grab both at the same time.

Yes, of course! Saves postage!

#2039 1 year ago

Got my lift ramp today, came fast and professionally packed! Thank Mark!
Just setting the new ramp on the glass you can tell how cloudy the old ramp looks in comparison.

image (resized).jpg

#2040 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Got my lift ramp today, came fast and professionally packed! Thank Mark!
Just setting the new ramp on the glass you can tell how cloudy the old ramp looks in comparison.

Would it be worth it to wax it then put mylar on it? Then just change the mylar when it gets bad.

#2041 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

came fast and professionally packed!

This part of Mark’s operation can’t be overstated - packaging and boxing for shipment is a pain in the ass and a time sink, and he nails this part as well as he does the ramps themselves.

#2042 1 year ago

Did we cover this before? Black Rose whirlpool ramps.

#2043 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Would it be worth it to wax it then put mylar on it? Then just change the mylar when it gets bad.

Lexan, like acrylic can be polished. Acrylic pretty easy to polish. However, Lexan is a pretty tough plastic and takes quite a bit more effort.

#2044 1 year ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Did we cover this before? Black Rose whirlpool ramps.

Probably...

#2045 1 year ago

Did you make these or are they on the probable. I searched but didn't find anything

#2046 1 year ago

Sorry. I meant that I would probably do them at some point. Ramps like that one work well on my current set-up, so this one and some others might be some fill work while I work on the new heater.

#2047 1 year ago

The Comet Corkscrew Ramp looks killer in Orange. Are they ready to purchase yet? If so, how much are they and how do I go about ordering them. I need two please!!!☺

#2048 1 year ago
Quoted from BigB:

The Comet Corkscrew Ramp looks killer in Orange. Are they ready to purchase yet? If so, how much are they and how do I go about ordering them. I need two please!!!☺

I have quite a few requests for this one. At the moment I have formed 22 and will be forming more today. Looks like I can dye about 12 a day. Once dyed they will then be finished. So I still have a few more days work before I can start selling them. New ramps will include both new flaps as well. Price? Have not set it yet (I prefer to see what the failure rate is) but thinking the clear for $65 for those wanting to paint their own and the orange for $80 at most.

#2049 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have quite a few requests for this one. At the moment I have formed 22 and will be forming more today. Looks like I can dye about 12 a day. Once dyed they will then be finished. So I still have a few more days work before I can start selling them. New ramps will include both new flaps as well. Price? Have not set it yet (I prefer to see what the failure rate is) but thinking the clear for $65 for those wanting to paint their own and the orange for $80 at most.

Great timing, the crack in my current one is getting bigger every day. Thanks again for making them!!!

Done with taxes, time for some pinball.

#2050 1 year ago

I'm in for the Orange Comet ramp it looks great.

If or when the Black Rose whirlpool ramp can be made I'd be in on that one also. But the one I think a lot of people might need is the Black Rose left ramp but that one is pretty long. Mine was broken a couple pieces busted out be the entrance luckily when I shopped it out I found all the pieces and was able to at least glue it all together so it plays OK just doesn't look great.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Machine - For Sale
-, MI
There are 3714 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 75.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside