Topic Stats

• 3,556 posts
  • 571 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by transprtr4u
  • Topic is favorited by 328 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 437 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1575 (resized).JPG
IMG_1573 (resized).JPG
IMG_1572 (resized).JPG
IMG_1571 (resized).JPG
IMG_1570 (resized).JPG
IMG_1569 (resized).JPG
IMG_1568 (resized).JPG
IMG_1513 (resized).JPG
IMG_1512 (resized).JPG
IMG_1510 (resized).JPG
51FB8000-F574-4834-A561-FC6744DA61E1 (resized).png
3AEC5F7E-4F5A-43DD-B12F-87CF159EC31E (resized).jpeg
D0691D0C-EC9E-4AC3-B25E-43F629436B64 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPG
IMG_1508 (resized).JPG
IMG_1509 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3556 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 72.
#1951 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That ramp for Pinbot is just about the same as the one on Jackbot and would be simpler to make so a clear colored one would be easy to make wouldn't it? My ramp is perfect but I'd take a colored one because it would look custom then. I'm thinking blue.

Just a couple minor differences between the Pinbot and Jackbot ramps...Other than no cutouts for the flashers on Jackbot, there is s subtle difference in the front edge to allow for the overhead switches to attach. I'm thinking I will design the mold to be able to change this area so I can make both.

#1952 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Just a couple minor differences between the Pinbot and Jackbot ramps...Other than no cutouts for the flashers on Jackbot, there is s subtle difference in the front edge to allow for the overhead switches to attach. I'm thinking I will design the mold to be able to change this area so I can make both.

Yeah that's about it. I'll take one Mark.

#1953 1 year ago

How much is the whirlwind lift ramp? Do you have any?

#1954 1 year ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

How much is the whirlwind lift ramp? Do you have any?

PM sent.

#1955 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That ramp for Pinbot is just about the same as the one on Jackbot and would be simpler to make so a clear colored one would be easy to make wouldn't it? My ramp is perfect but I'd take a colored one because it would look custom then. I'm thinking blue.

It’s the exact same ramp.

#1956 1 year ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

It’s the exact same ramp.

Well, not quite. The Pinbot ramp has cut-outs for two roll over switches, where the Jackbot does not...Jackbot went with overhead wire form switches. With those switches, the upper edge of the ramp is slightly different to accommodate those overhead switches. Also, Jackbot does not have the cut-outs for the flashers. I intend to make my mold made so that I can form either.

#1957 1 year ago

Could you do the Phantom of the Opera Magic Mirror subway?

Chris

#1958 1 year ago

Whodunnit center ramp is a desperately needed remake!

#1959 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Could you do the Phantom of the Opera Magic Mirror subway?
Chris

Yes I could do them but I have quite a few to get to first. This is the first I've heard of anyone needing it, so that doesn't help.

#1960 1 year ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Whodunnit center ramp is a desperately needed remake!

I have one on loan from a friend. That ramp is not a vacuum formed ramp...rather it is an injection molded ramp. We are toying with a vacuum formed alternative

#1961 1 year ago

I know I need a phantom magic mirror subway too

#1962 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Yes I could do them but I have quite a few to get to first. This is the first I've heard of anyone needing it, so that doesn't help.

I'd take one.

#1963 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Well, not quite. The Pinbot ramp has cut-outs for two roll over switches, where the Jackbot does not...Jackbot went with overhead wire form switches. With those switches, the upper edge of the ramp is slightly different to accommodate those overhead switches. Also, Jackbot does not have the cut-outs for the flashers. I intend to make my mold made so that I can form either.

I stand corrected. I was under the impression that Pinbot folks used those as direct replacements. Good to know they aren’t.....better to know FreePlay ramps (and visors, wink wink!) are coming soon!!!

#1964 1 year ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

better to know FreePlay ramps (and visors, wink wink!) are coming soon!!!

Loaner Pinbot is in the house!

Doing the finishing touches on the Comet Corkscrew ramp mold and hope to start forming tomorrow or Thursday.

#1965 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Loaner Pinbot is in the house!
Doing the finishing touches on the Comet Corkscrew ramp mold and hope to start forming tomorrow or Thursday.

Definitely interested in a corkscrew ramp (and the comet main ramp if that's also getting made).

#1966 1 year ago

I’m in need of a G ramp for G&R Pinball
Any help will be great
Thanks

#1967 1 year ago

I am in for any Comet ramps.

#1968 1 year ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

I am in for any Comet ramps.

^This, me too

#1969 1 year ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Howzaboot the center ramp on Police Force?

Quoted from Freeplay40:

Police Force ramp set is available at Starship Fantasy so I doubt I would do that one.

In two years of searching, I've haven't found the center ramp available separate from the set. The outer ramp is readily available by itself because it's far more rarely torn up.

#1970 1 year ago

Me three for all three!!!

#1971 1 year ago

Great work Mark, fits like a champ with absolutely no issues, thank you!!

HS2.pdf

HS3.pdf

HS1.pdf

#1972 1 year ago

Add me on the list for a Bally Atlantis ramp.

Thanks

#1973 1 year ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Me three for all three!!!

Take my money!

@nvu Your High Speed has me drooling over here. Hot damn!

#1974 1 year ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Take my money!
@nvu Your High Speed has me drooling over here. Hot damn!

If your ever in the South Bay, your more then welcome come over to take HS for a ride!

#1975 1 year ago

Could you do the spinout on taxi in trans yellow? Doing a restore/mod on a Marilyn where swapping the posts lane guides and pop bumper caps for trans yellow. Think a yellow spinout would be awesome . Hope it looks good if not back to blue

#1976 1 year ago
Quoted from Drickey86:

Could you do the spinout on taxi in trans yellow? Doing a restore/mod on a Marilyn where swapping the posts lane guides and pop bumper caps for trans yellow. Think a yellow spinout would be awesome . Hope it looks good if not back to blue

The Taxi Spinout ramp is an injection molded piece. Sorry, I don't do those.

#1977 1 year ago

Spin out rampis available in blue and red. No yellow. I have them and so does bay area amusements.

#1978 1 year ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Spin out rampis available in blue and red. No yellow. I have them and so does bay area amusements.

Ok thanks ill be ordering one soon then,

#1979 1 year ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Any chance you'll be doing a run of the Comet ramp? Seems to be a demand and I think Mark mentioned he doesn't like to do black. Thanks.

#1980 1 year ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Any chance you'll be doing a run of the Comet ramp? Seems to be a demand and I think Mark mentioned he doesn't like to do black. Thanks.

Pretty sure that isn't even on Larry's radar, but he can chime in. If someone could post some good photos of the piece out of the game, I will consider it since I do plan on doing the center ramp at some point. I can do it in black ABS, but would prefer to do it in clear, thicker PETG and paint the underside...or also offer it in transparent colors.

#1981 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Pretty sure that isn't even on Larry's radar, but he can chime in. If someone could post some good photos of the piece out of the game, I will consider it since I do plan on doing the center ramp at some point. I can do it in black ABS, but would prefer to do it in clear, thicker PETG and paint the underside...or also offer it in transparent colors.

Transparent red would look good. So would transparent green if you could match the hue on the playfield. That ramp takes so much abuse at the skinny cross sections I'd rather have a thicker, stronger one in a different color than another flimsy black one.

#1982 1 year ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Transparent red would look good.

Just took a look at mine, I agree, I think red would look good. Not so sure about green.

#1983 1 year ago

How about Dirty Harry ramps?

#1984 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have cracked corkscrew and main ramps, just down the road from you (LFP), if you want to see the Comet ramps in person.

My playfield's already torn apart. If you just need pictures I can grab some when I'm home.

#1985 1 year ago

Hey Freeplay40!

In the near future I will be in need of Transporter The Rescue ramps... the 2 ramps and the bowl cover for the X-over Ramp (I have a new snazzy x-over ramp from the latest production)

I heard you were interested in reproduction on these two ramps, so I thought I’d show my interest

#1986 1 year ago

Been making the various hardware pieces for the Pinbot Lift ramp. Put one together today that I will test in the machine tomorrow morning. My only concern is that my spring steel "bridge" material is thicker than the original, so less flexible. If this causes an issue with the motion I will order thinner spring steel.

IMG_1340 (resized).JPG

#1987 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Been making the various hardware pieces for the Pinbot Lift ramp. Put one together today that I will test in the machine tomorrow morning. My only concern is that my spring steel "bridge" material is thicker than the original, so less flexible. If this causes an issue with the motion I will order thinner spring steel.

That look sharp Mark.

#1988 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Been making the various hardware pieces for the Pinbot Lift ramp

Would the finished ramp have the Adv "X" sticker on it ?

#1989 1 year ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

Would the finished ramp have the Adv "X" sticker on it ?

Due to licensing I cannot apply decals without coming to an agreement with license holder.

See post #2316 in this thread...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/47#post-4293492

#1990 1 year ago

How's that Comet corkscrew coming along?

#1991 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

How's that Comet corkscrew coming along?

Took a couple days to work on the Pinbot Lift ramp. Just need to do the finishing touches on the mold then ready to form.

1 week later
#1992 1 year ago

Corkscrew ramp update. First forms today to identify "issues". Very tight form and I need to make a few adjustments to get it to come out of the mold...had to cut the first one out! Will be working on that tonight and tomorrow morning and try to get another pull tomorrow. Getting close now.

#1993 1 year ago

Count me in for a comet corkscrew in transparent orange. I'm thinking about painting the black pinstripe border.

-c

#1994 1 year ago

First comet ramp successfully formed tonight. I am going to tweak the mold slightly to aid in separation from the plastic. These ramps are basically finished by hand as you just can't get any tool in the center of it. I'll make some more tomorrow then try the orange dye. Will be interesting to see how the transparent orange looks with that red center. Transparent yellow might be interesting in conjunction with that center red.

#1995 1 year ago

I also wanted to mention that I had another visitor the other day. Ryan with Comet Pinball was in the area last week and had time to visit. Spent a couple hours together just chatting pinball. Good times.

#1996 1 year ago

Damn i'm getting excited been waiting for that Comet corkscrew ramp for sometime. Hopefully now the center ramp will also get taken up (wink wink)..

#1997 1 year ago

Comet corkscrew will be the largest seller ever

#1998 1 year ago

I have cut out one clear one and am dying one orange now. May paint one orange to see how that looks as well. Will post photos in the morning of the clear and the transparent orange.

#1999 1 year ago

god ,you're a busy man!!!!

#2000 1 year ago

When will Pinbot flap and ramp be available for purchase? I keep worrying that I’m gonna miss out...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Buffalo, NY
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 3556 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 72.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside