IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 102.
#1801 6 years ago
Quoted from dawgs:

Thank you Mark for taking the time to show me your workshop, equipment and all of the ramps that you have made. It was a great learning experience.
The clear ramps are cool and the colored ramps are incredible.
I am looking forward to installing my new Rufio Ramp.
Thanks again.

My pleasure!

#1802 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Couldn't resist posting a photo of the first special order colored High Speed...

Looks good!

#1803 6 years ago

Mark did you get the Pinbot ramp you had mentioned? Hoping your new Pinbot ramps are coming up soon!

#1804 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Mark did you get the Pinbot ramp you had mentioned? Hoping your new Pinbot ramps are coming up soon!

It was supposed to be here yesterday. I went back to seller for a tracking number and have not heard back.

#1805 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

It was supposed to be here yesterday. I went back to seller for a tracking number and have not heard back.

Did you find the small lift ramp or or the big one at the rear of the game for Pinbot?

#1806 6 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

Did you find the small lift ramp or or the big one at the rear of the game for Pinbot?

I'm waiting for the delivery of the big one. Have a friend locally that I will borrow the lift ramp from.

#1807 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I'm waiting for the delivery of the big one. Have a friend locally that I will borrow the lift ramp from.

Newbie here...how would I order one?

15165778866361410889227 (resized).jpg15165778866361410889227 (resized).jpg

#1808 6 years ago

Sorry, but I'm not planning on making the Vortex piece.

#1809 6 years ago

I would love to get a Space Shuttle ramp! Clear blue would be great, but even a gloss black or smoked grey would be awesome.

#1810 6 years ago
Quoted from JLebowski:

I would love to get a Space Shuttle ramp! Clear blue would be great, but even a gloss black or smoked grey would be awesome.

That will probably be the first one I do when I get at lest the new heater built.

#1811 6 years ago

Great news on the Comet ramp just saw that, I'm going to be starting a Hartop install soon.
I'll be in for a corkscrew ramp for sure and if the center ramp could be at some point that one also.
Would the corkscrew ramp be made of clear or could it be done in color red might work they did them in Orange mine is in black.

#1812 6 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Great news on the Comet ramp just saw that, I'm going to be starting a Hartop install soon.
I'll be in for a corkscrew ramp for sure and if the center ramp could be at some point that one also.
Would the corkscrew ramp be made of clear or could it be done in color red might work they did them in Orange mine is in black.

The "stock" corkscrew is orange plastic. The one I was loaned has a black rim painted on it. I certainly won't be doing it in orange opaque plastic. I will do it in clear for those who want to paint it orange to match the original. I anticipated dying the plastic orange (transparent), but red, yellow, blue or turquois are also possible.

I guess I should be starting a list!

#1813 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The "stock" corkscrew is orange plastic. The one I was loaned has a black rim painted on it. I certainly won't be doing it in orange opaque plastic. I will do it in clear for those who want to paint it orange to match the original. I anticipated dying the plastic orange (transparent), but red, yellow, blue or turquois are also possible.
I guess I should be starting a list!

I'll take it in clear just to keep it simple. It would look good with a color changing led under it.

With the Hardtop playfield decals being made for it and if you get to the corkscrew ramp that is going to save a lot of Comets, the original ramps where poorly made and I think they where painted with crayons . If you could do the center ramp wow that would be awesome. There is a new old stock center ramp a Pinsider put on eBay and it's at $200 bucks already I was watching it but I'm sure it's going to go well over $300 out of my price range for it.
Thanks for doing these ramps and saving pins.

#1814 6 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

If you could do the center ramp wow that would be awesome.

Definitely on the short list for the new heater.

#1815 6 years ago

239.50 was the final eBay price, crazy!

#1816 6 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

239.50 was the final eBay price, crazy!

I could really retire at that price!

BTW....Pinbot main ramp is in the house and is doable on my current machine.... So it and the Comet Corkscrew are up next.

#1817 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

BTW....Pinbot main ramp is in the house and is doable on my current machine.... So it and the Comet Corkscrew are up next.

1000 thumbs up!

#1818 6 years ago

I need the subway ramp for Jurassic park. I just looked at mine and it's toast...

#1819 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Another pinbot lift ramp was on eBay and sold for 125.00 buy it now price same day it listed.

Jeesh....

#1820 6 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

Another pinbot lift ramp was on eBay and sold for 125.00 buy it now price same day it listed.
Jeesh....

When you say lift ramp do you mean the ramp that is basically a plain piece of acrylic with a blue metal flap riveted to each end and lifts up and down to open/close the collect solar value alley?

#1821 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I need the subway ramp for Jurassic park. I just looked at mine and it's toast...

I have a nos ramp for the subway if freeplay is interested.

#1822 6 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

When you say lift ramp do you mean the ramp that is basically a plain piece of acrylic with a blue metal flap riveted to each end and lifts up and down to open/close the collect solar value alley?

Yep - that ramp. Two ramps listed by same seller and they both sold for over one hundred.

Capture1 (resized).PNGCapture1 (resized).PNG

Capture2 (resized).PNGCapture2 (resized).PNG

#1823 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

That would be very nice of you to offer to help make a new subway ramp

#1824 6 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

Yep - that ramp. Two ramps listed by same seller and they both sold for over one hundred.

Good grief. If you've got one it's a REALLY easy part to reproduce so long as you have a rivet press.

#1825 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Once the heating system upgrade is done, the first I will do is to complete the Hurricane set.
Next up will be Pinbot. Ramp in clear and transparent blue, upper playfield cover in clear and new helmet cover in black or blue or clear.

Mark do you still plan on making the helmet cover and upper playfield cover as well?
Put me down for a transparent blue ramp, BTW. Thanks!

#1826 6 years ago

So much good stuff coming up... I need to start a fund for it all!

#1827 6 years ago

Mark do you still plan on making the helmet cover and upper playfield cover as well?
Put me down for a transparent blue ramp, BTW. Thanks!

Just so I'm clear, is that the cover over the visor?

#1828 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Just so I'm clear, is that the cover over the visor?

I believe so, I was referencing your post at the beginning of the thread.

#1829 6 years ago

I believe so, I was referencing your post at the beginning of the thread.

Is there also interest in the visor....under the cover?

#1830 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Is there also interest in the visor....under the cover?

Someone makes the visor under the lifting visor, as I just ordered a new one on eBay recently...I’d have to look it up to see. But I did just get a new one. Same with the Vortex. Just picked that up.

But the Pinbot ramp with flap, and the visor that lifts, are impossible to find. Those would be best to start with.

#1831 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

But the Pinbot ramp with flap, and the visor that lifts, are impossible to find. Those would be best to start with.

I think you are right. Thanks for the input!

#1832 6 years ago

Any plans doing ramps for Indianapolis 500?

#1833 6 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

Any plans doing ramps for Indianapolis 500?

Has been mentioned before, but I have so many I've committed to now, it certainly would not be soon!

#1834 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I still plan on making at least the upper left and the right side ramps. Not sure if I will make the cover for the crossover ramp. Don't expect much in sales of these, so they are not on the top of my priority list, but I will get to them.

Glad to hear this! as I busted a small piece off of the entrance to my upper left while playing the other night please let me know as soon as you run these I am down for at least one

#1835 6 years ago

After talking to my buddy...the Vortex ramp in red PETG to match the blue PETG might make for a really nice matching pair. Looking forward to seeing the options pics for main ramp.

Anywho....you are a blessing to the hobby and I wish I lived close to be your apprentice!

#1836 6 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Glad to hear this! as I busted a small piece off of the entrance to my upper left while playing the other night please let me know as soon as you run these I am down for at least one

Mmm! Upper left Transporter ramp...

#1837 6 years ago

Freeplay would you consider in making the demolition man right hand diverter ramp ?

#1838 6 years ago
Quoted from boiydiego:

freeplay would you consider in making the demolition man right hand diverter ramp ?

I actually have one of those on lend from a local friend....But it's too big for the current set-up. Will likely do it once i get the new heater built.

#1839 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Can you make this ramp with your current set up?

Thanks

#1840 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Can you post a photo of the Jurassic subway ramp?

#1841 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Awesome!!!

#1842 6 years ago

Mark, I've actually looked into colored PETG. 5000lb minimum order.

#1843 6 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Mark, I've actually looked into colored PETG. 5000lb minimum order.

Yikes!.....That's a whole lotta ramps!

#1844 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Yikes!.....That's a whole lotta ramps!

Then it arrives and they tinted it wrong and you're SOL

#1845 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Can you post a photo of the Jurassic subway ramp?

20180129_154853 (resized).jpg20180129_154853 (resized).jpg

20180129_154801 (resized).jpg20180129_154801 (resized).jpg

20180129_154757 (resized).jpg20180129_154757 (resized).jpg

20180129_154752 (resized).jpg20180129_154752 (resized).jpg

#1846 6 years ago

This should have been a metal subway like Tommy or Rocky. It attached to the VUK and often gets damaged at the end right there.

#1847 6 years ago

Thanks for posting the photos and most importantly the measurement. Just a hair longer than I am will to try with the current set up, so can't do it now...sorry guys.

#1848 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks for posting the photos and most importantly the measurement. Just a hair longer than I am will to try with the current set up, so can't do it now...sorry guys.

Thanks for responding. I guess I will have a metal one made.

#1849 6 years ago

Freeplay40, could you put me down for a Pinbot Main ramp, and the lift ramp(are you doing the assembly w metal bridge riveted?)?

#1850 6 years ago
Quoted from Backside_Slide:

Freeplay40, could you put me down for a Pinbot Main ramp, and the lift ramp(are you doing the assembly w metal bridge riveted?)?

Kinda' of make this stuff up as I go, but as far as the lift ramp is concerned, I hope to make the complete unit. For the ramp, I will probably price it with and without the two roll over switch brackets. Those who can rivet could move their existing brackets to the new ramp and those that choose not to rivet could purchase with the two switch brackets riveted in place.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
There are 5,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/37?hl=abendix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.