By Freeplay40

1 year ago

Stats

• 1,669 posts
  • 306 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 week ago by Fifty
  • Topic is favorited by 162 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171021_231819 (resized).jpg
20171021_231804 (resized).jpg
20171021_231812 (resized).jpg
20171021_231755 (resized).jpg
P1100207 (resized).JPG
20170811_220046.jpg
20170811_220115.jpg
IMG_0120 (resized).JPG
IMGP6088 (resized).JPG
IMG_1314 (resized).JPG
IMG_1313 (resized).JPG
IMG_1312 (resized).JPG
Option 2 (resized).JPG
IMG_1278 (resized).JPG
Option 2 (resized).JPG
IMG_1280 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 1669 posts in topic. You are on page 33 of 34.
#1601 58 days ago

Hello, if you have one or two Dr. Who Time expander covers left, I will take them.

Best regards

Uwe

#1602 58 days ago

Good luck with the surgery Freeplay.

#1603 58 days ago
Quoted from Indy1969:

Hello, if you have one or two Dr. Who Time expander covers left, I will take them.
Best regards
Uwe

PM sent

#1604 58 days ago

Best of luck with the surgery!

#1605 58 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Hi Mark, would the left ramp for the Monopoly machine be one that is possible to do on current equipment? These aren't available anymore and the best i could track down so far was a damaged one at $145 US

Count me in for a left and right!!! Like you, I need the left the most. I would be willing to surrender both of my ramps to get this done. Just say the word!!!

#1606 58 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Hey All... Just want to let everyone know that there will be another lull in my production coming in the next few weeks. I do not have a set date yet, but I am opting to have another surgery. Specifically this will be for the reconstruction of my sternum which did not heal properly following the open heart surgery. My entire sternum is separated and although I have been told that one can choose to simply live with this, after meeting with the reconstructive surgeon his advice was to go ahead with the repair. At approximately 10 weeks since my initial surgery I should be completely recovered, however I still suffer some severe pain, thankfully only when I cough deeply or...sneezing is a real bitch....not to mention the unnerving feeling of bones grating over one another. Failure to stabilize my rib cage would result in future limitations such as lifting. So this is a quality of life choice. Nobody wants more surgery, but this is certainly less than what I just went through, and I anticipate a quicker recovery. Hospital stay is only 1 or 2 days.
There are several of you with ramps requests involving me doing assembly, and should you be anxious to get those done, I just recommend you get your parts to me ASAP. As I said, I do not have a date for the surgery set yet, but I am anxious to get this done and behind me and have requested first available date. Guessing probably within 2 weeks.
As I continue to respond to new orders and finish existing orders I want to focus on several new molds before my surgery. My process for molds require they "cure" for at least a week to 10 days before they can be finish prepped for forming the pieces so if I can get them cast they can cure while I recover. On my plate right now for molds are the Corkscrew for Comet, the three pieces for Transporter and if I can get to it, I want to get the Pinbot pieces cast.
Better days ahead my friends!

Wow, I don't blame you for wanting to get that fixed, you'll feel sooooo much better I'm sure. I'll keep you in my prayers.

#1607 58 days ago

Good luck with the surgery.

Also, I love my Space Station ramp.

#1608 58 days ago

I always read through this thread. Very impressed with your work. I hope you heal up well. Good Luck.

#1609 58 days ago

Wishing you all the best for the surgery and recovery Mark.

#1610 58 days ago

good luck. I am sure this one will be a breeze in comparison.

#1611 58 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

good luck. I am sure this one will be a breeze in comparison.

Amen, brother! Glad I'm doing this...As I sit here and just type, I can feel the bones colliding in my chest.

#1612 58 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Hey All... Just want to let everyone know that there will be another lull in my production coming in the next few weeks. I do not have a set date yet, but I am opting to have another surgery. Specifically this will be for the reconstruction of my sternum which did not heal properly following the open heart surgery. My entire sternum is separated and although I have been told that one can choose to simply live with this, after meeting with the reconstructive surgeon his advice was to go ahead with the repair. At approximately 10 weeks since my initial surgery I should be completely recovered, however I still suffer some severe pain, thankfully only when I cough deeply or...sneezing is a real bitch....not to mention the unnerving feeling of bones grating over one another. Failure to stabilize my rib cage would result in future limitations such as lifting. So this is a quality of life choice. Nobody wants more surgery, but this is certainly less than what I just went through, and I anticipate a quicker recovery. Hospital stay is only 1 or 2 days.
There are several of you with ramps requests involving me doing assembly, and should you be anxious to get those done, I just recommend you get your parts to me ASAP. As I said, I do not have a date for the surgery set yet, but I am anxious to get this done and behind me and have requested first available date. Guessing probably within 2 weeks.
As I continue to respond to new orders and finish existing orders I want to focus on several new molds before my surgery. My process for molds require they "cure" for at least a week to 10 days before they can be finish prepped for forming the pieces so if I can get them cast they can cure while I recover. On my plate right now for molds are the Corkscrew for Comet, the three pieces for Transporter and if I can get to it, I want to get the Pinbot pieces cast.
Better days ahead my friends!

Good luck with your surgery. Your health is the most important thing right now. Our games will wait for you to recover. Follow your doctor's orders and you'll be back at it in no time. Praying for your comfort and speedy recovery. God bless.

#1613 56 days ago

Stay strong Mark and thanks for all you do. I would like one of the Dr. Who time expander covers also.

#1614 56 days ago

Get well soon. Hang tough. Thoughts and prayers go out to you.

1 week later
#1615 45 days ago

Good luck with the surgery!

#1616 44 days ago

Good luck from over here, too. Hope you´ll be back soon and healthy to create more of that wonderful stuff you´re doing:

my beautiful red Tomcat ramp

#1617 44 days ago

I hope all is well and that you can get back to doing the things that you enjoy most very soon! I really appreciate what you do and I am enjoying the heck out of my new GNR ramps!

#1618 44 days ago

So, finally I have a surgery date set....October 17th. Should be out in just a day or two with this one. I'm anxious to get this done as the condition with my sternum has worsened with now 3 out of the six wires broken. Sheesh...I think I'd use a little thicker material! Basically completely separated. A little unnerving to feel these bones grating over one another.

To those of you that have purchased ramps and are having me do the assembly if you haven't already sent your parts, could you now hold off until say the 17th? Just want to be sure I'm here when they arrive.

Better days ahead!....Mark

#1619 44 days ago

Wish you the best Mark!

#1620 43 days ago

Jeeesus. Hope you come out in one piece!

#1621 43 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I'm anxious to get this done as the condition with my sternum has worsened with now 3 out of the six wires broken. Sheesh...I think I'd use a little thicker material!

Ask them if you can mold a reinforcement piece for them to install while they are in there.
Broke my sternum years ago in an accident (tree > pickup truck). It really sucked while healing. Hope you're feeling better soon.

#1622 43 days ago

Wishing the best for you Mark. Fingers crossed.....good luck!

#1623 43 days ago

Hey Mark, I'm praying for you every day and will double up on the 17th. Only the best my friend.

#1624 43 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

my sternum has worsened with now 3 out of the six wires broken.

Ugh! That sounds awful. Good luck and hope you're feeling better soon.

#1625 43 days ago

Good luck Mark. Relax and heal right this time.....

#1626 43 days ago

I'm glad you have a date set and will finally get some relief.
Thoughts and prayers to you.

#1627 37 days ago

Firstly all the best Mark, I hope all goes well with your surgery, it sounds like you are going through hell and being a lot more forgiving about it than I would be!

I have finally fitted my G&R ramps (which look fantastic by the way) but I am getting a lot of air balls particularly off the "G" ramp. Has anyone else had this and what did you do to cure it? I have 2 G&R's here at the moment and the pitch of the original and new ramps looks identical so I have probably done something stupid but for the life of me I can't see what!

#1628 37 days ago

Marks surgery was today, damn I hope everything went well.

#1629 37 days ago

Wow, he was answering all my questions just yesterday. His doctor was probably pulling his phone out of his hands on the prep table.

Hope all went well and thanks for all the help

#1630 37 days ago

Wishing Mark the best and that he has a safe recovery.

#1631 36 days ago

Hows it going Mark?

#1632 36 days ago
Quoted from crlush:

Hows it going Mark?

Well... They called me in early yesterday for the surgery and it took longer than initially expected. Ended up with 6 plates installed across my sternum and evidently some "clean up". I am actually already home, but hurtin' for sure and strictly limited as to what I can do for a while. Although I thought I took it easy on myself after the initial surgery back in July, I intend to reeeeeally take it easy after this one.

Better days ahead...I hope!

#1633 36 days ago

Rest up mate, hope you are feeling better soon.

#1634 36 days ago

How in the hell are you even typing so soon?

#1635 36 days ago

REST REST and more rest.

drink your fluids and take care of yourself.

my thoughts are with you fro a speedy and healthy recovery.

#1636 36 days ago

Get well soon Mark!

#1637 36 days ago

Wow back home so soon after something like that, aint modern medicine great. I'll bet it feels like you've got an elephant sitting on your chest right now so just take it easy. To bad you don't have someone to wait on you hand and foot, I'm in the same boat. Be a good boy for the doctor and take your medication on time. Give your body the time it takes to heal properly.

#1638 36 days ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Give your body the time it takes to heal properly.

Exactly, ramps can wait, we all can wait and for the ones who are impatient the Fonz's best line would suffice...."Sit On It"
Take it easy mate

#1639 36 days ago

Wishing you a complete and speedy recovery, Mark!

#1640 36 days ago

Very glad to hear that you are out and OK!

#1641 35 days ago

Rest, try to get off the big pain meds as soon as you can, so the body flows through like it should. That was my biggest issue with the minor surgery I had 2 years ago.

#1642 35 days ago
Quoted from Insane:

Rest, try to get off the big pain meds as soon as you can, so the body flows through like it should. That was my biggest issue with the minor surgery I had 2 years ago.

I hear you on the pain meds. I don't like taking pills in general but these days a take a bunch of them! This surgery, at least as far as the chest in concerned, is much more painful that then when the cracked me open for the by-pass surgery. The plates are put under the chest muscles which are sutured back in place and thus more painful. Trying to stay off the pain meds during the day but looks like the right dosage is about 12 pills to get through the night. That's just max recommended dosage...up to 4 pills every 2-3 hours and honestly is just enough to take the edge off the pain.

#1643 35 days ago

Holy cats - that's intense. Please take it REALLY easy for a LONG time. Months upon months if that is what the body needs. Screw pinball. Health is all the real wealth any of us have. I don't care how long I have to wait for ramps. Seriously. May you be comfortable in your body once again sooner rather than later.

#1644 33 days ago

Its hard to see because its so clear, but the Strange Science ramps look amazing.

20171021_231755 (resized).jpg

20171021_231812 (resized).jpg

20171021_231804 (resized).jpg

20171021_231819 (resized).jpg

#1645 30 days ago

Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery!

#1646 30 days ago
Quoted from Collin:

Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery!

Got the last drain pulled out of my chest yesterday. Honestly, since the initial surgery in mid July and the ongoing "issues", I actually now feel like I am on the road to recovery!

#1647 30 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Got the last drain pulled out of my chest yesterday. Honestly, since the initial surgery in mid July and the ongoing "issues", I actually now feel like I am on the road to recovery!

Good to hear Mark. How's the pain?

#1648 30 days ago

Picking up my last RX of pain killer tonight. This and Advil should get me over the hump I think. Different pain this time. They sure are making it hard to get this regulated stuff. I certainly understand the need to regulate it but I kind of feel sorry for people on chronic long term pain and the associated difficulty getting prescriptions filled.

2 weeks later
#1649 15 days ago

So, any chance of getting some Party Zone ramps? I know those are among the most often-damaged ramps out there. I'd buy a set or two

#1650 15 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Picking up my last RX of pain killer tonight. This and Advil should get me over the hump I think. Different pain this time. They sure are making it hard to get this regulated stuff. I certainly understand the need to regulate it but I kind of feel sorry for people on chronic long term pain and the associated difficulty getting prescriptions filled.

Just be glad you did not get addicted to opiates like everyone else in the country.

My buddy just told me that his 27 year old daughter (who is a RN) and her boyfriend (who is an Anesthesiologist) both were found dead in a CVS parking lot Monday. Apparently, her boyfriend wrote the script, and they ODed together in his Jaguar .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,800 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Liberty Township, OH
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 15.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 239.99
€ 8.40
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New City, NY
$ 99.95
Cabinet Parts
Merf's Pins
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.95
$ 24.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1669 posts in topic. You are on page 33 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside