IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 102.
#1451 6 years ago

Freeplay and the world cup 94 ramps are the made?

#1452 6 years ago
Quoted from boiydiego:

freeplay and the world cup 94 ramps are the made?

World Cup Soccer ramps are available in Australia....

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=world+cup+soccer

#1453 6 years ago

I've been checking their site monthly for a long time.. and finally they have the back ramp in stock. Thank you (and ordered)!

#1454 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Plan on starting on this one immediately.

My kids will be glad to hear this.

#1455 6 years ago

+1 for a Jurassic park ramp on the new machine

#1456 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Mark- Make sure you play Houdini!! Love it, great Game!...oh and there is an aliens...

The lines were very long for many of the new games. Towards the end of the show I did finally wait and get to play Houdini. Definitely liked the game. While in line, another player told me about a mode where the flipper buttons are not only reversed left and right, but so are the buttons....hold the button in and release to fire.....Well, I did make it to that mode and the result was pretty much all the balls drained!...that would take me some getting used to!

#1457 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

While in line, another player told me about a mode where the flipper buttons are not only reversed left and right, but so are the buttons....hold the button in and release to fire.....Well, I did make it to that mode and the result was pretty much all the balls drained!...that would take me some getting used to!

I'd never seen anything do anything like that until TSPP. I cross my arms which seems work quite well, but I don't know if that'd help if the action of the buttons was reversed too... Sounds very interesting.

#1458 6 years ago

Man, I sure could use a Space Shuttle ramp.....clear blue would be insane! Pretty please?

#1459 6 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Man, I sure could use a Space Shuttle ramp.....clear blue would be insane! Pretty please?

I definitely want to do that one, but like many I want to do I need to finish the new machine....I know I've been saying that for some time. My current machine is big enough to do the forming, but I don't have a heat source big enough to heat the plastic. What I'm considering as a stop gap is to complete the construction of the heater for the new machine which would enable me to heat the bigger pieces and then use my existing machine to form them.

#1460 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I definitely want to do that one, but like many I want to do I need to finish the new machine....I know I've been saying that for some time. My current machine is big enough to do the forming, but I don't have a heat source big enough to heat the plastic. What I'm considering as a stop gap is to complete the construction of the heater for the new machine which would enable me to heat the bigger pieces and then use my existing machine to form them.

If that would allow you to do some of the ones that have been discussed, that would be awesome.

#1461 6 years ago

Mark- Curious... what temperature do you need to heat to, Max temp, in order for larger machine to work?
I recently saw a a clay oven at auction, not a kiln, but large rectangle oven designed for glazing and painting of pottery. When i saw it, you came to mind. Beast of a machine, maybe 700 pounds.
Just a thought.
Also, do you have a Chef Toys chain up north?
Large discounted industrial kitchen supplier. They often have dented seconds or scratched large ovens.
I also am clueless on how you work your magic..just a couple ideas.

#1462 6 years ago

Generally most commercial ovens are designed for full size sheet pans. I suppose there are some Pizza ovens that might work but I never found one reasonably priced. I even considered custom cutting and joining two ovens to make one. Depending on the plastic, the heat necessary is between 270 degrees and 310 degrees. Some acrylic can need as much as 375 degrees, but I don't use that product (Cast acrylic).

Ovens are a pretty efficient way to heat plastic, however, size is the problem. Plastic must be heated at a rate to completely and evenly heat the sheet to around the forming temperature for that type of plastic. More precisely, when the entire sheet becomes equally pliable.

1 week later
#1463 6 years ago

I will continue to handle orders for ramps up until around July 5th. At that point I will be taking a pretty significant break ...probably 3-4 weeks. I wish I was taking this break to stop and seriously enjoy some summer, but alas, that is not the case. You have all been aware that I have suffered some serious health issues in the last year. Well, I'm not out of the woods yet. My problems have extended to my heart. I went in for a procedure this week to access the condition of my heart and possible repair some issues with stints to improve blood flow. The problems I have were too severe for any attempts to correct at that time. I am now scheduled for multiple by-pass surgery on July 12th. As my brother said..."Thank God we live in the 21st century". While no operation is without risk, by-pass surgery is pretty routine stuff....doctor quoted survival percentage at about 97%-98%. I am really glad to get to the bottom of this and actually look forward to the procedure. Asked the doctor bluntly, "Can you fix this"?. answer was simply, "yes".

In the mean time I am going to try and get a mold finished for the corkscrew ramp and maybe even get a prototype produced before I go in. I think distribution of it before I go in would be a stretch.

#1464 6 years ago

May your surgery go well!

#1465 6 years ago

Mark- Take care brother. Ramps and stuff can wait. Health more important than pinball. Get well soon, and dont come back to fast, take your time.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you for speedy recovery and better health moving forward.

#1466 6 years ago

My thoughts are with you!

#1467 6 years ago

Wow as routine as it may be it's still surgery so take as much time and rest as you need bud!! Come back to your passion when you are damn well ready to....we know you'll be back 100% and kicking out beautiful ramps in no time.

#1468 6 years ago

Wish you all the best.
Funny, but July 12th is the date when i am scheduled to have an cardio ct scan .

#1469 6 years ago

any heart surgery is scary, especially multiple by-pass. But the statistics doctors give out are usually accurate, and I'd say you have really good odds. Get well, forget about pinball, and rest up!

#1470 6 years ago

Prayers will be with you on the 12th and take care of yourself and relax. A major thank you for all you do for me and others. Sorry to hear this and best wishes.

#1471 6 years ago

Mark, good luck with your surgery. I just had heart ablation surgery back in February. I had the same concerns you did, but this is the 21st century and as difficult as it is to believe any operation on a heart can be routine, these ARE routine operations now.

Did I read somewhere in this thread that you were thinking of making the Bally Transporter ramps? The one that crosses over the playfield to the whirlpool?

#1472 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Did I read somewhere in this thread that you were thinking of making the Bally Transporter ramps? The one that crosses over the playfield to the whirlpool?

Yes, it has been discussed and I do have a donor ramp here, but I have not decided whether I will do it or not. The problem is that the original was an injection molded piece and the hope is whether I can come up with a suitable vacuum formed piece. My most recent thought was that the ramp would have to be some sort of a hybrid (Some formed and some cut and glued). The most significant area of concern are the leading edges of the two ramp sidewalls that get pounded by the flipper...

#1473 6 years ago

Take allllll the time you need my friend. When your up to it come back and tell us about it.....not the icky stuff though.

#1474 6 years ago

All the best wishes from Oz Mark. Health comes before anything else in this life!

#1475 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Generally most commercial ovens are designed for full size sheet pans. I suppose there are some Pizza ovens that might work but I never found one reasonably priced. I even considered custom cutting and joining two ovens to make one. Depending on the plastic, the heat necessary is between 270 degrees and 310 degrees. Some acrylic can need as much as 375 degrees, but I don't use that product (Cast acrylic).
Ovens are a pretty efficient way to heat plastic, however, size is the problem. Plastic must be heated at a rate to completely and evenly heat the sheet to around the forming temperature for that type of plastic. More precisely, when the entire sheet becomes equally pliable.

you need to find somebody who runs a bakery *nod, nod, wink wink*
with the size of my oven, you could do a run of Stern Orbitor 1 playfields

#1476 6 years ago

Best of luck Mark.

#1477 6 years ago

Hope all goes well Mark!

#1478 6 years ago

Best wishes for your surgery and recovery. Take it slow with the recovery. Health is the only wealth we really have.

#1479 6 years ago

Good luck! Heal up!

#1480 6 years ago

Best of luck and prayers sent. hope all goes well and a quick recovery for you.

#1481 6 years ago

Hi Mark,

wish you all the best for your surgery, of course some concerns are normal but like your brother said - thanks god we're living in 21st century

my father has 4 stints, 2 by-passes...and all is good

#1482 6 years ago

Best of luck with your procedure.

Also, thank you for your work keeping these awesome games running. It's heartbreaking to see a machine unplayable because of a chunk of plastic. And that brings me to my request...

I would put my name down for a Black Belt ramp, hoping you would consider a run of those. I just read through the thread and bet there were 8 others.

#1483 6 years ago

Wishing you all the best Mark. Rest up and get strong!

#1484 6 years ago

No stress mark....Go in positive and come out with new enlightment!

#1485 6 years ago

Freeplay, I have a NOS Jurassic park subway. This item is prone to breakage. If you're interested once you're back up and running let know.

Good luck with your operation!

#1486 6 years ago

Best wishes and good health to you Mark!

jody

1 week later
#1487 6 years ago

So my ramp production is basically shut down for now. Shipped out the last few ramps this morning. Will be out of touch until probably early next week when I return home. Not sure how much I'll be on here but will try to give some updates. Not sure how long I will be down, but expect I will start keeping lists again so that when I do "ramp" up my production I can get what folks want.

Cheers!...See you on the flip side.... Mark

#1488 6 years ago

see you on the flipside! good luck! my thoughts are with you.

#1489 6 years ago

Take care mark

#1490 6 years ago

We're all pulling for you!

#1491 6 years ago

Good luck!

#1492 6 years ago

Mark, I pray all goes well! See you on the Ramp side, hehe... God speed! And thank you for all you do for us... most of my restored games look amazing because of you bud

#1493 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Mark, I pray all goes well! See you on the Ramp side, hehe...

You mean see you on the down ramp.
Good luck Mark.

#1495 6 years ago

Mark, my ramps made it - thanks again! They look beautiful! Praying for a successful procedure and speedy recovery!

#1496 6 years ago

All the best Mark, wishing you good luck and a speedy recovery.

#1497 6 years ago
Quoted from boiydiego:

indeed wcs94 ramps we are in need for that..

Agreed!!! The left rear ramp especially

#1498 6 years ago

Back home today. Surgery went very well. Worst part was spending an extra day on the ventilator (YUCK!), but once that was out and then the chest tubes, I felt much better. Pretty much just using pain medication to assist in sleeping at night. Incisions all look great, although for some reason I keep seeing a zipper tattoo in my future.

I am going to take it very easy for as long as it takes. I may do some mold work in the near term, but that's probably all I will do.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and support. Surgery was only 4 days ago and my legs already feel better!!!!

#1499 6 years ago

Awesome news!

#1500 6 years ago

Great to hear!

And +1 on the zipper tat.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
There are 5,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.