Topic Stats

• 3,852 posts
  • 607 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by transprtr4u
  • Topic is favorited by 347 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 475 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC04753 (resized).JPG
DSC04752 (resized).JPG
DSC04751 (resized).JPG
20190927_154743 (resized).jpg
DSC07190 (2) (resized).JPG
DSC07188 (2) (resized).JPG
DSC07193 (2) (resized).JPG
20200114_200941 (resized).jpg
IMG_1604 (resized).JPG
IMG_1603 (resized).JPG
IMG_1594 (resized).JPG
1577148730640417083062901670635 (resized).jpg
IMG_1592 (resized).JPG
20191215_121336 (resized).jpg
20191215_121401 (resized).jpg
20191215_121333 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3852 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 78.
#101 3 years ago

Hurricane Center ramp and right ramp request please. How will decals be working for your ramps, is that a licensed issue with pps on most titles?

#102 3 years ago

Picked up a Hurricane from a friend this week so I can model all the ramps. Framework for new machine started....all parts for the new machine on the way!

#103 3 years ago

Dredd's ramps are always needed it seems. Especially the big one which may be too big for your setup.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Picked up a Hurricane from a friend this week so I can model all the ramps. Framework for new machine started....all parts for the new machine on the way!

WOO HOO!!

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Wish I've heard these news a couple of years ago so I would keep my Hurricane!

#106 3 years ago

Mark does the new machine mean there may be some Party Zone ramps in the future?

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Mark does the new machine mean there may be some Party Zone ramps in the future?

Well, not sure if or how soon but it will certainly be big enough to do them!

#108 3 years ago

Nice....Count me in for anything Hurricane when it's ready! Thanks for all your work!

2 weeks later
#109 3 years ago

Freeplay: You are the man. how about a Ferris Wheel ramp for Cyclone?

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

Freeplay: You are the man. how about a Ferris Wheel ramp for Cyclone?

Sure... I'll put it on the list for the new machine!

I could do Roller Games, but there is a lot of artwork on that ramp...I can't provide the artwork and not sure if it is available anywhere.

#112 3 years ago

Hmmm, maybe PPS would be so kind as to re-run the stickers if the ramps were made.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Hmmm, maybe PPS would be so kind as to re-run the stickers if the ramps were made.

If only PPS could re-run EatPM stickers....

#114 3 years ago

Seems like decals are a no brainer if you have the art/license. Little effort, good markup, low overhead in terms of storage and huge demand.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Seems like decals are a no brainer if you have the art/license. Little effort, good markup, low overhead in terms of storage and huge demand.

Well, seems likr PPS does not share your (our), point of view!

#116 3 years ago

I've often enjoyed recreating artwork for modeling projects, but the licensing aspect on pinballs discourages me. But otherwise yes, decals are a relatively easy thing to do, especially for artists more skilled and proficient than me.

OTOH it's interesting that unique parts like ramps, etc, if not purely "artistic", still aren't considered copyrighted aspects of a given game's overall IP. (I do NOT mean to induce grief for FreePlay40 with that statement, but merely reflect on the apparent loopholes in IP/copyright enforcement).

#117 3 years ago

At least Rick with PPS is open to working with individuals who want to recreate and market licensed items which generally involve artwork. There are so many things needed for these machines and he can't get to it all, at least not timely. So if you have something to offer the community that requires license permission, I'd encourage anyone to approach Rick.

#118 3 years ago

That's good to know.

1 week later
#119 3 years ago

So... I've been pretty quiet lately so I thought I'd post an update to what's been going on. Up to now, the size of the ramps I can do has been limited to the size of my heater. My current machine can handle larger pieces of plastic but until I can uniformly heat larger pieces I am limited. To resolve this I first attempted to figure out a way to simply build a larger oven.... Proved to be a pain so I decided I would take the full tilt plunge and build a complete new machine from the ground up. Just today I finished the new machine framework....Photos below.

This new machine can handle plastic up to 24" by 48". This will enable me to do pretty much any ramp. The heat source will be an on board ceramic heating panel. The ceramic heaters will be zoned depending on the size plastic I am using. This design will allow me to heat any size plastic up to 24" by 48".

The machine will be fully pneumatically controlled both for the forming and the downward plugging as necessary. Lastly, I will add downward pressure assist (Lowered dome with added air pressure) to increase detail when needed.

At the moment I am pretty much out of ramps so in the next few days I will be forming more as well as finishing the F-14 mold and yes, the Hurricane center ramp mold. I will not take down my current machine until I get the F-14 and Hurricane center ramps formed. Once I have sufficient stock I will dismantle the current machine and move the vacuum pump to the new machine. The first ramps I want to do on the new machine will be the other two Hurricane ramps.

New_Frame_(resized).JPG
New_Frame_2_(resized).JPG

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

This new machine can handle plastic up to 24" by 48".

sheesh! you could vacuum form a playfield!

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

This new machine can handle plastic up to 24" by 48".

We're not worthy!
-mof

#122 3 years ago

Thanks for the update! You da man!

#123 3 years ago

AWESOME!!!!

Looks like we can make those ramps for that game that we talked about last year!

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

sheesh! you could vacuum form a playfield!

Repro Orbitor playfields anyone?

#125 3 years ago

Looks great. My WWFRR ramp is still looking amazing.

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I could do Roller Games, but there is a lot of artwork on that ramp...I can't provide the artwork and not sure if it is available anywhere.

If you don't have an available donor ramp and need a donor ramp (or assembly) for this let me know. I am located very near by.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

If you don't have an available donor ramp and need a donor ramp (or assembly) for this let me know. I am located very near by.

Cool. I made note of your interest, DumbAss.

Sorry... Couldn't resist!

#128 3 years ago

So what you are saying is that you can do WCS and JD ramps now?

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

So what you are saying is that you can do WCS and JD ramps now?

LOL...Not so much a matter of if, but when!

#130 3 years ago

Wcs ramps are supposedly coming elsewhere. I vote JD first, and then DM.

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wcs ramps are supposedly coming elsewhere.

Ya just like the F14 playfields. I will believe it when I see it. Been hearing that for years.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Ya just like the F14 playfields. I will believe it when I see it. Been hearing that for years.

Why the sarcasm? They are being made.... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demand-check-f14-tom-cat

Peter has a history of getting playfields done and the wood has come in he just needs some other stuff done and they are in production... i dunno...

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from boris_37:

Why the sarcasm? They are being made.... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demand-check-f14-tom-cat
Peter has a history of getting playfields done and the wood has come in he just needs some other stuff done and they are in production... i dunno...

Because we were told they were almost done 2+ years ago. Good to see there is finally some traction with them. When I owned a WCS 3 years ago I was told the WCS ramps were next in line.

#134 3 years ago

I am looking forward to Checkpoint.
Already a customer from HS if that adds any pull....
If I know its a matter of when I can start getting the other playfield items together.

#135 3 years ago

Can't believe nobody has said it yet but GNR G ramps seem to be broken a lot and impossible to find.

Thank you for all that you do for us and the community btw!

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Can't believe nobody has said it yet but GNR G ramps seem to be broken a lot and impossible to find.
Thank you for all that you do for us and the community btw!

Been a lot of request for both of them actually. The biggest hurdle with these two ramps is the type of plastic to use. Since they have been prone to damage I would be hesitant to use acrylic for them. Further, I could source the red in acrylic but most likely not the yellow (Note that only extruded Acrylic can be vacuum formed and while most any color is available in "Cast" Acrylic, the choices in extruded are very few.) Ideally these ramps will be formed with PETG which unfortunately these days in only readily available in clear. Custom colors can be sourced overseas but are subject to minimum orders, like 2000 pounds.

That leaves only two other alternatives.... Clear that is painted or what I will be testing soon.....dyeing.

1 week later
#137 3 years ago

I'm liking the clear ramps. I enjoy being able to see the artwork through them.20160413_222027_(resized).jpg

The "Capture When Flashing" decal is a waterslide placed under the ramp. I figure it's fine since the ball doesn't actually touch it there.20160413_222045_(resized).jpg20160413_222022_(resized).jpg

#138 3 years ago

Would love a checkpoint ramp as well!! Awesome work

#139 3 years ago

Howzaboot the center ramp on Police Force?

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Howzaboot the center ramp on Police Force?

Police Force ramp set is available at Starship Fantasy so I doubt I would do that one.

#141 3 years ago

Another vote for WCS

#142 3 years ago

BSD is another one in desperate need of repro ramps. Even if they were just clear they would be better than what most people have now.

#143 3 years ago

Mousin Around center ramp....Great candidate for a ramp to be put on list!

#144 3 years ago

WCS is needed. Please!

#145 3 years ago

So glad to hear someone is making ramps again. Nearly every Data East "Hook" needs a right ramp and most need the skill shot ramp. I'd buy 2 of each if you can make them.

#146 3 years ago

The right hand DemoMan ramp is pretty small and almost always shot. That would be a great candidate for reproduction Mark!

#147 3 years ago

I second the Demolition Man skill shot ramp. This plus the bigger right side Claw Ramp are impossible to find.

Prices for used Demolition Man ramps in any condition are insane.

I'd buy are set of two just to make sure I got spare ones around.

Cheers

#148 3 years ago

I'm needing a Transporter the Rescue crossover ramp and a Cyclone comet ramp.

1 week later
#149 3 years ago

A little quick addition to my offerings. I did a lift ramp for Whirlwind for the Seattle Pinball Museum and decided to make a few more.

Info can be found her....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lift-ramp-needed#post-3124527

#150 3 years ago

Please put me down for an F-14 ramp.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 3852 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 78.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside