IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 103.
#1351 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Well, tomorrow is "Open House" at Encore Pinball. Pinsider visiting from WI to see how ramps are made.

I have a guess on who that is.

Mark - any progress on the Transporter ramp? I have a NOS pf and great looking cab that is waiting for a new ramp.

#1352 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Well, tomorrow is "Open House" at Encore Pinball. Pinsider visiting from WI to see how ramps are made.

What a treat it was to visit! We learned so much and really enjoyed hanging with you and chatting. Looking forward to continuing to support your efforts and immensly appreciative for all the hard work you put in to make these ramps for us!

Just let me know when you are ready to run Radical.

I would commison the whole run if need be...

#1353 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What a treat it was to visit! We learned so much and really enjoyed hanging with you and chatting. Looking forward to continuing to support your efforts and immensly appreciative for all the hard work you put in to make these ramps for us!
Just let me know when you are ready to run Radical.
I would commison the whole run if need be...

Haha. I really enjoyed your visit as well. Great hobby and always enjoy meeting other enthusiasts.

#1354 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

any progress on the Transporter ramp? I have a NOS pf and great looking cab that is waiting for a new ramp.

I have three very challenging projects. The first was the Time Warp ramp and I think this is one is the lowest on the pole.

The second is the Elevator ramp for Who? Dunnit. This is also an injection molded ramp but I am fairly confident I can come with an acceptable vacuum formed solution. and will start building a form in the next few days.

Transporter....Odds are better for this one than the Time Warp ramp but I have some serious concerns about being able to manufacture this one at a reasonable price. The most difficult parts to this one are the posts on the right and left side which certainly get hammered by that upper flipper and the pieces in the bowl at the end that slow the ball down. The injection molded ramp has well designed support for those posts on the ramp, although understand that they can still fail. Not really possible to get that much support there with a vacuum formed ramp.... All of this leads me to believe that this ramp, if I can do it would be some sort of a hybrid. Possibly vacuum formed at the bowl end and constructed from cut and glued pieces on the flat part of the ramp...I'm envisioning nice thick Lexan walls to support those posts. Hmmm I have one of those nitro powered 4 by 4's with huge shock absorbers...Maybe we need to rethink those posts with some sort of shock absorption... OK...I'm just rambling now.

#1355 6 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Not from the email I got from him. Nowhere in sight!

Correct. I also emailed. Not even close.

The ramps are 3 sections. I can get dimensions later today.

#1356 6 years ago

I don't know if this was asked in the 28 pages of posts but any chance you will be reproducing the two ramps for Dirty Harry? Thanks

#1357 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Transporter....Odds are better for this one than the Time Warp ramp but I have some serious concerns about being able to manufacture this one at a reasonable price. The most difficult parts to this one are the posts on the right and left side which certainly get hammered by that upper flipper and the pieces in the bowl at the end that slow the ball down. The injection molded ramp has well designed support for those posts on the ramp, although understand that they can still fail. Not really possible to get that much support there with a vacuum formed ramp.... All of this leads me to believe that this ramp, if I can do it would be some sort of a hybrid. Possibly vacuum formed at the bowl end and constructed from cut and glued pieces on the flat part of the ramp...I'm envisioning nice thick Lexan walls to support those posts. Hmmm I have one of those nitro powered 4 by 4's with huge shock absorbers...Maybe we need to rethink those posts with some sort of shock absorption... OK...I'm just rambling now.

A hybrid of some sort makes sense as it as was injection mold. Due to the nature of the ramp and the rarity of the game, I'm sure a large portion of the 30+ people interested in that other thread would understand a price point higher than your usual offering. Hope you continue with this one!

#1358 6 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I don't know if this was asked in the 28 pages of posts but any chance you will be reproducing the two ramps for Dirty Harry? Thanks

Think those will have to wait for the larger machine.

#1359 6 years ago

Who Dunnit for the win. Please please please. I love my beautiful WWFRR ramp you do amazing work and that STNG apron is off the charts. Keep up the great work you totally rock.

#1361 6 years ago

$146 shipped and that may be not even be in USD.

#1362 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Works out at $108 US, you guys get the best part of the conversion deal

#1363 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Space Shuttle is a definite candidate for the new machine...Likely one of the first ones.

Any update here?
A new clear blue ramp on my Space Shuttle would look great next to the clear blue ramp on my Space Station.

#1364 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Seems like a fair price. When my wife says something costs too much I ask her how much it's supposed to cost.

146 seems in the ballpark freeeplay would charge for a bigger ramp

#1365 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Works out at $108 US, you guys get the best part of the conversion deal

Uh, I think I'd jump on this. That's a good deal!

#1366 6 years ago

On another note, I hope to show the first completed Doctor Who Time Expander piece today!...Finally! As soon as I am happy with it I will get one off to the donor right away.

#1367 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Any update here?
A new clear blue ramp on my Space Shuttle would look great next to the clear blue ramp on my Space Station.

Would love one of these as well.

I don't think you can get a SS replacement ramp anywhere at the moment. Correct me if I'm wrong.

#1368 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

On another note, I hope to show the first completed Doctor Who Time Expander piece today!...Finally! As soon as I am happy with it I will get one off to the donor right away.

Nice!

Make sure i am down for one of these pls

#1369 6 years ago

Hopefully the new expander covers work with the new cliffy protectors.

When I get both in hand I'll post results.

#1370 6 years ago

Comet cork screw ramp? Nice and small and most are trashed....

-c

#1371 6 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

-c

Put me down for 2.

#1372 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nice!
Make sure i am down for one of these pls

I am in as well. Can't wait.

#1373 6 years ago

I'd take a comet corkscrew

#1374 6 years ago

I'll seriously consider the Corkscrew ramp. I would not produce it in the solid orange, rather in clear and transparent colors.

#1375 6 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

-c

Quoted from chad:

Put me down for 2.

Quoted from chad:

I am in as well. Can't wait.

Quoted from shicketmaster:

I'd take a comet corkscrew

Comet corkscrew! PLEASE!!!!! Clear or transparent would be awesome.

#1376 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I would not produce it in the solid orange, rather in clear and transparent colors.

Such a great way to clean up or add a new color to a game. The colored ramps in my Genesis look great. Getting rid of the pink makes the game look so much better.

I was thinking about dying the ramps in my Rocky and Bullwinkle blue, but I'm not sure the new ramp and the old ramps would get the same saturation levels.

#1377 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

I was thinking about dying the ramps in my Rocky and Bullwinkle blue, but I'm not sure the new ramp and the old ramps would get the same saturation levels.

Hmmm. That's an interesting dilemma. The donor ramp that was given to me for Strange Science, specifically the big Particle Separator ramps was in such bad shape that I did not return it. That might be a good one to test a side by side dying process to see if the old accepts the dye as well as the new..

#1378 6 years ago

+1 on a clear blue ramp for Space Shuttle

#1379 6 years ago

I had the opportunity to play a space station with one of your blue ramps. Looks awesome...

#1380 6 years ago
Quoted from dr_spidey:

+1 on a clear blue ramp for Space Shuttle

I seriously need to get off my ass and get that new machine finished so I can do the larger ramps. Space Shuttle still expected to be the first I do on it. Struggling with another dilemma. House prices here in Seattle have skyrocketed and I am currently living in way more house than I need so contemplating, since I'm retired, selling and moving well outside the urban area where reasonable prices can still be found.... Looking for less house and big shop! Will build the shop if I need to.

#1381 6 years ago

go for it Mark!

I think you will be much happier cashing out from your currnet abode and finding the perfect place where you can make the perfect shop!

#1382 6 years ago

OK... I hope to have the final finishing process nailed today for the Doctor Who Time Expander. Was a bit of a challenge doing it with a thicker plastic, most specifically to make sure the decal would fit properly. Seriously hoping to post a finished photo by end of day today. Will then immediately produce enough for all who expressed interest.

Next up will be a short run on Guns n' Roses to cover those that missed the last run.

The next two ramps I will tackle will be Pinbot (I'm hoping I can do this one on my current setup) and the Who Dunnit Elevator ramp (Injection molded piece that I will attempt to make a vacuum formed alternative).

In conjunction with those I am still looking at the Transporter ramp. While I'm sure I could fabricate something, I am doubtful I can do it for a palatable price. At the very least I plan on reproducing one to keep as a model so I can return the original.

#1383 6 years ago

Mark... still have fingers crossed for Grand Lizard...in Green! I can provide a donor set!

#1384 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I am doubtful I can do it for a palatable price.

I know you are always afraid of the price, but with some ramps there is not much that woudl scare people off.

I do really think you could just say " It will cost X amount and I need a commitment of Y people to make these ramps"

I think with Transporter, you would be fine. I can say that your prices are super reasonable, esp after seeing the love and dedication you put into each ramp.

I know I would seriously commision the entire run of Radical ramps if you game me a # to be required and cost for your effort.

#1385 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I seriously need to get off my ass and get that new machine finished so I can do the larger ramps

What size do you think you would go up to with the new machine? I think you may have mentioned it at one point but I don't remember. If I remember right, it could vacuum form an entire playfield?

#1386 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I seriously need to get off my ass and get that new machine finished so I can do the larger ramps. Space Shuttle still expected to be the first I do on it.

I have a SS ramp that I can send you to evaluate.

I also have an orange Comet corkscrew ramp for your molding pleasure.

#1387 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I have a SS ramp that I can send you to evaluate.
I also have an orange Comet corkscrew ramp for your molding pleasure.

pm sent...

#1388 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

What size do you think you would go up to with the new machine? I think you may have mentioned it at one point but I don't remember. If I remember right, it could vacuum form an entire playfield?

Ultimately, if I feel the need to go that large, I could form a piece of plastic 24" by 48". Initially I am going to set it up for 24" by 36". With the set up I have designed, in addition to doing 24" by 36", I will be able to do 24"by 24", 16' by 24" (what I do today), 16" by 32" and 16" by 36".

Machine will be pneumatically controlled. Heating will be zoned ceramics by the sizes listed above. Plugs must often be used on many of these ramps and they will also be pneumatically controlled from above the plastic. Ultimately I want to add pressure assist to the process for greater detail....pressure assist would be done with a dome over the plastic and form with additional air pressure applied for much greater detail.

#1389 6 years ago

I completed the first Doctor Who Time Expander piece today. Took me a while to get it just right taking into consideration the thicker plastic as well making sure the existing decal (if transferred) or new if available would fit properly.

Couple photos of the first one below as well as a closeup shot of the bottom edges of both the new and the old to show the change in thickness. I left a little more meat around the two center mounts as well as the two forward mounts.

Only providing in clear at the moment, but will consider colors later.

Price $45
Shipping $10

I can start accepting orders now and will begin shipping on Wednesday.

As usual, payments via Paypal to [email protected]

Be sure I get your address.

Note to the guys that had requested 2 of the new pieces. No additional postage for two.

IMG_1312 (resized).JPGIMG_1312 (resized).JPG

IMG_1313 (resized).JPGIMG_1313 (resized).JPG

IMG_1314 (resized).JPGIMG_1314 (resized).JPG

#1390 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I completed the first Doctor Who Time Expander piece today. Took me a while to get it just right taking into consideration the thicker plastic as well making sure the existing decal (if transferred) or new if available would fit properly.
Couple photos of the first one below as well as a closeup shot of the bottom edges of both the new and the old to show the change in thickness. I left a little more meat around the two center mounts as well as the two forward mounts.
Price $45
Shipping $10
Note to the guys that had requested 2 of the new pieces. No additional postage for two.

Payment sent! Thanks for doing these!

#1391 6 years ago

Mark made a Swords of Fury ramp set for me, did the required riveting, and even hooked me up with decals and Cliffys. Turnaround time was only a few days. Mark rocks!

#1392 6 years ago

A little off topic but does anyone make the metal wire form ramps? Need a set of the newest style for the Guns & Roses.
The original's are too steep if more than one ball gets in the shooter lane during multiball.

Rob

#1393 6 years ago

Awesome news to hear W?D is in the que.
Real estate news..YES, sell high. Buy in country side, build big shop and large machine.
Do we need a poll?

#1394 6 years ago
Quoted from Vet-N-Vet:

A little off topic but does anyone make the metal wire form ramps? Need a set of the newest style for the Guns & Roses.
The original's are too steep if more than one ball gets in the shooter lane during multiball.
Rob

Those have never been remade, and are extremely difficult to find. Hope you can find someone!

#1395 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Those have never been remade, and are extremely difficult to find. Hope you can find someone!

Sorry to be thick but which are the early type and which the late?

#1396 6 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Sorry to be thick but which are the early type and which the late?

Here is the late, it went under the r instead of over, and required a different vuk as well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-guns-n-roses-alternate-shooter-lane-wireformcombo-ramp

The other style are the early versions, that go over the R ramp, and vuk feeds to it. First version is black, second is chrome.

Expect to pay at least 400 for any version.

#1397 6 years ago

Thanks for the reply, so Mine is the later version? I have a friend who has one where the ball feeds all the way round to the roll overs which I'm guessing are the early.

Sorry to derail the thread, I'm in for a W?D ramp as well. I got some new G & R ramps from @Freeplay40, fantastic stuff, just waiting for CPR to make the playfield

IMGP6088 (resized).JPGIMGP6088 (resized).JPG

#1398 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Price $45
Shipping $10

Payment sent, thanks!!

#1399 6 years ago
Quoted from Vet-N-Vet:

Rob

If you have an example, you could probably find a welder that could make one. Then get it powder coated. hopefully you have a friend that is a welder, that would help. Good luck.

#1400 6 years ago

+1 for the new machine. I would wait to finish putting R&B back together if I could get the other ramp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton Twp, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

3,900 (OBO)
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/28?hl=dr_spidey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.