Topic Stats

• 3,806 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by CraigC
  • Topic is favorited by 347 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 471 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC07190 (2) (resized).JPG
DSC07188 (2) (resized).JPG
DSC07193 (2) (resized).JPG
20200114_200941 (resized).jpg
IMG_1604 (resized).JPG
IMG_1603 (resized).JPG
IMG_1594 (resized).JPG
1577148730640417083062901670635 (resized).jpg
IMG_1592 (resized).JPG
20191215_121336 (resized).jpg
20191215_121401 (resized).jpg
20191215_121333 (resized).jpg
IMG_1504 (resized).JPG
73452DDF-9DEB-434A-B010-008E44F5E6B3 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
received_434946987313828 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3806 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 77.
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

i measured it on the angle from tab to mixmaster drop farthest point and it is 12-3/4"

Well, I guess this one will have to wait for the new machine.

#1252 2 years ago

Hook Rufio ramp update-

Mold was cast a couple days ago. Will need to cure for about a week and then be finished. Hope to start forming ramps by the 27th or 28th. Will work on the new metal protectors in the mean time.

#1253 2 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

that would be - awesome
sign me in for at last 3 !

I have a nos 360" ramp to loan as well if need be.

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I have a nos 360" ramp to loan as well if need be.

I don't think that'll fit, even in his new machine.

#1255 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Hook Rufio ramp update-
Mold was cast a couple days ago. Will need to cure for about a week and then be finished. Hope to start forming ramps by the 27th or 28th. Will work on the new metal protectors in the mean time.

Good news, can't wait to see how it turns out. Not sure I officially stated this yet, but please add me to the list.

#1256 2 years ago
Quoted from Adydar:

Good news, can't wait to see how it turns out. Not sure I officially stated this yet, but please add me to the list.

On the list now!

#1257 2 years ago

Just throwing this out there, what about doing a Pinbot Topper, it looks to be a simple mold, and I know there should be a good demand for them, Just wondering if its possible

#1258 2 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

Just throwing this out there, what about doing a Pinbot Topper, it looks to be a simple mold, and I know there should be a good demand for them, Just wondering if its possible

Possible but not on my current machine

#1259 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Possible but not on my current machine

I have an idea for your current machine. Rocky and Bullwinkle has a 3 bank plastic target set. The plastic square targets are no longer made. They make a wider version (or still have NOS) for the data east star wars targets. But as far as I know these plastic yellow targets are nowhere to be found.

If you were to make these, I'd buy a dozen for my current machine and future spares.

#1260 2 years ago

Are they these? Or are they different somehow?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8304-6

Quoted from lordloss:

I have an idea for your current machine. Rocky and Bullwinkle has a 3 bank plastic target set. The plastic square targets are no longer made. They make a wider version (or still have NOS) for the data east star wars targets. But as far as I know these plastic yellow targets are nowhere to be found.
If you were to make these, I'd buy a dozen for my current machine and future spares.

#1261 2 years ago

Put me down for a Dr who time expander cover as well if its made

#1262 2 years ago

good find, these might do the trick. Marco has been making more and more parts lately, these were nowhere to be found a year ago. I'll look into it more

#1263 2 years ago

I only came across them trying to find the 1" clear targets for laser war. Those are impossible to find as target faces only.

Quoted from lordloss:

good find, these might do the trick. Marco has been making more and more parts lately, these were nowhere to be found a year ago. I'll look into it more

#1264 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Hook Rufio ramp update-

Super excited about this. Any updates?

#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Super excited about this. Any updates?

With cold winter, my mold took longer to cure than I expected. I'm putting the finishing touches on it tonight and will begin forming tomorrow. I'll post a photo of the first form as soon as finished.

#1266 2 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Put me down for a Dr who time expander cover as well if its made

He won't comment on these. Not sure why alot of people want them and would be really easy to do. Hope it because someone else is making them but as of now nobody I know is.

#1267 2 years ago

OK... First if they were easy anyone would do them. It's just not what I've been wanting to do. If someone wants to send me one I will take look at it. If I decide not to do it I will reimburse shipping to me as well as pay the return shipping. Sample must be fully intact for me to model from. If I make them, donor will get a new one along with their original. What do you think is a fair price for it?

#1268 2 years ago
Quoted from jay:

I have an HUO Doctor Who and would be willing to loan out my undamaged expander cover for molding if needed.

I've sent him a pm to see if he will send it to you. As for price I have no idea, see what it have to be priced at to make it worth doing, maybe a little thicker plastic then the original.

#1269 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

OK... First if they were easy anyone would do them.

I meant they look like they might be easy for someone of your skillset. I'm still amazed you made G&R ramps those looked difficult.

#1270 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

OK... First if they were easy anyone would do them. It's just not what I've been wanting to do. If someone wants to send me one I will take look at it. If I decide not to do it I will reimburse shipping to me as well as pay the return shipping. Sample must be fully intact for me to model from. If I make them, donor will get a new one along with their original. What do you think is a fair price for it?

I'll send you mine next week, I have a league meeting next weekend I need to have the game online for. PM with info on where to ship it.

#1271 2 years ago

PM Sent. In the meantime I would appreciate photos of the common damage and also welcome any ideas about how we can improve the design.

#1272 2 years ago

First formed Hook Rufio ramp.

IMG_1270 (resized).JPG

#1273 2 years ago

Wow! If this is done, any way to do the Time Machine Starwarp Ramp?

#1274 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

PM Sent. In the meantime I would appreciate photos of the common damage and also welcome any ideas about how we can improve the design.

Ill post some photos of a damaged one i have this week.

#1275 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Ill post some photos of a damaged one i have this week.

Thanks, really appreciate it. Ultimately I would like to use the thickest plastic I can so would also be interested in opinions as to whether greater thickness might create a problem. I expect I would probably use some .150 plastic which is pretty thick...but I also have some .187 (3/16' !!!!). I can form plastic as thick as 1/4".

#1277 2 years ago

I don't think a little thicker then original will matter. There islots of clearance just need longer rivets for red dome and light.

I have pics of the one in my machine and a spare parts one in the garage.
These three are clearance around the part.

20170309_231954 (resized).jpg
20170309_231918 (resized).jpg
20170309_231913 (resized).jpg

#1278 2 years ago

Pics of damage, in game one and spare. Took some pics where you can see the plastic is way thinner on one side compared to the other.

20170309_231943 (resized).jpg

20170309_231937 (resized).jpg

20170309_231931 (resized).jpg

20170309_230704 (resized).jpg

20170309_230637 (resized).jpg

20170309_230544 (resized).jpg

20170309_230507 (resized).jpg

20170309_230504 (resized).jpg

20170309_230311 (resized).jpg

20170309_230306 (resized).jpg

#1279 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No kidding 1/4 inch.

Even the 3/16" stuff I formed is pretty cool.

#1280 2 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to post the photos. Do you think those attachment points on the leading posts are actually taking ball hits?

#1281 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks for taking the time to post the photos. Do you think those attachment points on the leading posts are actually taking ball hits?

They might be but I think if I had a new one that was a little thicker and put steel washers under each point it should be fine, hard to tell as mine were broken when I got them and were heavily routed.

#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Perhaps, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the posts the cover is screwed into taking the hits and transferring energy into the plastic sandwiched under pressure between the posts and a screw. I wonder if something like rubber grommets in the mounting holes for the cover would do more for the cover than simply thicker plastic, though that may help as well.

#1283 2 years ago
Quoted from jay:

Perhaps, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the posts the cover is screwed into taking the hits and transferring energy into the plastic sandwiched under pressure between the posts and a screw. I wonder if something like rubber grommets in the mounting holes for the cover would do more for the cover than simply thicker plastic, though that may help as well.

That transfer of energy does make a lot of sense. I think for sure, regardless of the thickness I use, that I will leave a little more plastic around the holes. Also, good point for everyone to be certain those posts are secure. Maybe elongated holes with just snug nylon washers.

#1284 2 years ago
Quoted from MDK:

Hey Freeplay40 I'm in Kirkland so pretty close. PM me and let me know exactly what you need and for how long. I believe at least one person in this thread has a pristine Star Warp ramp they can loan for the for the cause. I have 2 cracked up ramps that can be dissected if needed. The reason being that the ramp is two different colors of plastic fused together. It's going to be a bit more challenging than average unfortunately but certainly doable.
Just fyi, I've been reaching out to all of the owners of Time Machine to see what the level of interest is. I'm about 20-25% through the list and the response is pretty strong as you can see.

Would be interested in all ramps for Time Machine, see you later alligator

#1285 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

That transfer of energy does make a lot of sense. I think for sure, regardless of the thickness I use, that I will leave a little more plastic around the holes. Also, good point for everyone to be certain those posts are secure. Maybe elongated holes with just snug nylon washers.

I'll take one of these if made!!

#1286 2 years ago

On another note, Pinsider sending me the Transporter Crossover ramp. Will take a look at it as soon as I get it to determine if I can make an acceptable vacuum formed replacement.

#1287 2 years ago

My cover is in the mail and here are some pics of the undamaged mounting holes. It looks like they're coming close to cracking soon so good thing this project is getting going. I doubt there are many of these around that aren't eaten to shit.

2017-03-14 13.34.44 (resized).jpg

2017-03-14 13.34.30 (resized).jpg

2017-03-14 13.34.37 (resized).jpg

#1288 2 years ago
Quoted from jay:

My cover is in the mail and here are some pics of the undamaged mounting holes. It looks like they're coming close to cracking soon so good thing this project is getting going. I doubt there are many of these around that aren't eaten to shit.

Can you put some clear lexan washers over them?

#1289 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Can you put some clear lexan washers over them?

I honestly don't think that would help. I think the damage comes from balls smashing into the posts the cover is attached to, especially if the posts become slightly loose over time and are flexing the plastic. When I took my cover off this afternoon I noticed my posts had wiggled loose a bit already. The best solution would probably be to attach the cover to something other than the front posts, but there really isn't anyplace else suitable that I can see.

#1290 2 years ago
Quoted from jay:

I honestly don't think that would help. I think the damage comes from balls smashing into the posts the cover is attached to, especially if the posts become slightly loose over time and are flexing the plastic. When I took my cover off this afternoon I noticed my posts had wiggled loose a bit already. The best solution would probably be to attach the cover to something other than the front posts, but there really isn't anyplace else suitable that I can see.

Sounds like it's time to put some oversize metal washers on the underside with lock nuts.

#1291 2 years ago

Or like was suggested, put a rubber grommet in the hole so the post can move slightly and not stress the plastic. Might have to oversize the hole slightly to do it.

#1292 2 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Or like was suggested, put a rubber grommet in the hole so the post can move slightly and not stress the plastic. Might have to oversize the hole slightly to do it.

This would be the best way. Washers aren't going to stop the post from flexing in its mount.

#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

First formed Hook Rufio ramp.

Any updates on the Rufio ramp?

#1294 2 years ago

Jokerz Ramps???

#1295 2 years ago

Anyone have more pics of the ramps installed in an f-14? Need to decide on a color. Thanks.

#1296 2 years ago
Quoted from bflagg:

Anyone have more pics of the ramps installed in an f-14? Need to decide on a color. Thanks.

As info...Only offering red and clear...both PETG...at the moment. The area under the ramp has little to no lighting under it, so highly recommended that you at the least tap into the GI for lighting. Mt preference is the clear with colored LED's underneath. The clear picks up the colors very well.

#1297 2 years ago
Quoted from Grinch:

Jokerz Ramps???

Probably, but not real soon....No decals

#1298 2 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Any updates on the Rufio ramp?

I think I have about around dozen formed and will begin working on cutting them out today. Thanks to the photos provided by master_of_chaos, I expect I will probably offer two versions with respect to the protectors attached to the ramp. I will offer protectors almost the same as the stock ones, however I will extend the lower ones to the leading edge of the ramp on both sides. The second offer will be to include the longer (right side lower ramp) protector like the one on MNF....this is a custom cut piece and will be a few bucks extra.

Ramps can be formed in either female molds (mold is upright and the plastic pulled down into it) or male molds (mold is upside down and the plastic is draped over it). The original ramp was molded on a female mold. The disadvantage to this with the Rufio design is that as the plastic is pulled down into it, it thins the deeper it is pulled. This results in a greater weakness at mid turn of the lower ramp where the ramp is prone to cracking. The model I am using, although in fairly good condition, has this crack in it.

I have reverse formed the new ramp with a male mold which results in the plastic at this weak point being thicker. This ramp design is better all the way around on a male mold.

#1299 2 years ago

Sounds good. I'll probably want the MNF protector one.

Thanks again for doing these.

#1300 2 years ago

If any of you are attending the TPF, check out the Buffy the Vampire Slayer pins that Pinsider Nelly is bringing. Beautiful machines! Buffy is a remake of Swords of Fury and I provided him the ramps. So if you are curious what my dyed ramps look like check out his machines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 3806 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 77.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside