IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 103.
#1201 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Any chance you can do the time expander cover for doctor who? These are impossible to find, yet aren't that big and look easy to make. I could even ship you a slightly broken used one if we couldn't find one closer to you.
They were reproduced once by twistedpins which is no longer in business and they weren't made well and broke quickly.

I have an HUO Doctor Who and would be willing to loan out my undamaged expander cover for molding if needed.

#1202 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

As I write this I can see the two ramps that were loaned to me. It has everything going against it. Low production, terrible design and ultimately a high cost should it be reproduced. To be honest, I don't think I will ever do this one as I believe my time is much better spent elsewhere.

Charge a higher price. Some of us are willing to pay anything for the possibility of new.

#1203 7 years ago

Put me on the list for a Rufio ramp if I'm not already.

Thanks.

#1204 7 years ago

Hook Rufio loaner ramp is in the house.....thanks Shawn (shicketmaster). I'm going to go ahead and do this one next. Will get started on it in the next couple days.

#1205 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Any plans for Black Rose Whirlpool ramp?

I'd like a new whirlpool ramp for my Black Rose as well!

#1206 7 years ago

I'd still be in for a new whirlpool ramp for my Black Rose! Not sure if you were still counting my comment from a year ago...

#1207 7 years ago

whirlpool ramping up for Black Rose. Pun intended Mark.
Thank you for your consideration.

#1208 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Hook Rufio loaner ramp is in the house.....thanks Shawn (shicketmaster). I'm going to go ahead and do this one next. Will get started on it in the next couple days.

I'm interested in Rufio too

#1209 7 years ago

Yep - Need a Rufio badly too!

#1210 7 years ago

I would still love to see a set of ramps for JD, and WCS94.

#1211 7 years ago

Interested in a Rufio

#1212 7 years ago

Also interested in a space shuttle ramp as i know dozens of people wanting those and repos dried up years ago.

#1213 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Also interested in a space shuttle ramp as i know dozens of people wanting those and repos dried up years ago.

Space Shuttle is a definite candidate for the new machine...Likely one of the first ones. The most recent reproductions were made with a plastic that was honestly toooooo thick which resulted in a poor fit onto the playfield. My intentions are to offer the ramp in either clear of dyed PETG. (I can do black but just don't like to.. ) Dyed if I can get the blue right!, which I think I can.

#1214 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Space Shuttle is a definite candidate for the new machine...Likely one of the first ones. The most recent reproductions were made with a plastic that was honestly toooooo thick which resulted in a poor fit onto the playfield. My intentions are to offer the ramp in either clear of dyed PETG. (I can do black but just don't like to.. ) Dyed if I can get the blue right!, which I think I can.

Would the exit side of the ramp have the same V shape? I always wondered why they chose that shape.....so the ball doesn't rattle back and forth as it goes down it?

#1215 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Would the exit side of the ramp have the same V shape? I always wondered why they chose that shape.....so the ball doesn't rattle back and forth as it goes down it?

Probably as that is the original design.

#1216 7 years ago

Interested in a Rufio.

#1217 7 years ago

I'd also be in for a DW time expander cover.

#1218 7 years ago

I'm wondering if you could do EatPM ramps? Been looking for a party slide front ramp...anyone else in need of these?

#1219 7 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

I'm wondering if you could do EatPM ramps? Been looking for a party slide front ramp...anyone else in need of these?

The 3 ramp set is currently in stock at Starship Fantasy...

http://starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Elvira-the-Party-Monsters-Set-of-3

#1220 7 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Looks like if i measure diagonally it is almost 24". Maybe this will be better. the squares are 1". sorry i couldn't get a little better, i can't remove because the led strip is hardwired to the playfield.

Looks like each piece is about the size of the wabac ramp is that helps in deciding weather to wait for the bigger machine or not.

20170211_132221 (resized).jpg20170211_132221 (resized).jpg

#1221 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Looks like each piece is about the size of the wabac ramp is that helps in deciding weather to wait for the bigger machine or not.

Thanks for taking the time to photo and post. Looks like I could do the entrance ramp on the current machine, but not sure about the second part of that ramp....The molds are obviously larger than the ramp, not to mention that they must be extended by about 1/4" on the entrances and ends so nice cuts can be made. This just a guess, but think that if you drew a rectangle say 11" by 19" then see if that second ramp would fit in that rectangle, we might have a shot.... otherwise it would have to wait for the new machine.

#1222 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks for taking the time to photo and post. Looks like I could do the entrance ramp on the current machine, but not sure about the second part of that ramp....The molds are obviously larger than the ramp, not to mention that they must be extended by about 1/4" on the entrances and ends so nice cuts can be made. This just a guess, but think that if you drew a rectangle say 11" by 19" then see if that second ramp would fit in that rectangle, we might have a shot.... otherwise it would have to wait for the new machine.

unfortunately from what i see, it wouldn't fit in that space. if you look at the pic i posted with it on the grid its bigger that that. Even going diagonally, it looks lit it would need at least 22". Lordloss the piece you are missing from the end of the 2nd part is a decent size. Looks to be about 6" x 2".

#1223 7 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

unfortunately from what i see, it wouldn't fit in that space. if you look at the pic i posted with it on the grid its bigger that that. Even going diagonally, it looks lit it would need at least 22". Lordloss the piece you are missing from the end of the 2nd part is a decent size. Looks to be about 6" x 2".

Yes, but its also a separate piece. So it would need its own mold.

#1224 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Any chance you can do the time expander cover for doctor who? These are impossible to find, yet aren't that big and look easy to make. I could even ship you a slightly broken used one if we couldn't find one closer to you.
They were reproduced once by twistedpins which is no longer in business and they weren't made well and broke quickly.

Would also be interested in this also! I think most of these out there are broken at least in one of the screw mounting holes.

#1225 7 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

Would also be interested in this also! I think most of these out there are broken at least in one of the screw mounting holes.

Alot of people want this and it seems like a easy one, but it's the only suggestion that the OP won't comment on. It's strange.

#1226 7 years ago

One more person chiming in that they would pick up a time expander plastic. (Or two, given the beating they take.)

#1227 7 years ago

Thx.!
Brady

#1228 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Yes, but its also a separate piece. So it would need its own mold.

My large ramp part is 1 piece. The 6" piece missing from yours is part of the big section on mine, not a separate piece.

#1229 7 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

My large ramp part is 1 piece. The 6" piece missing from yours is part of the big section on mine, not a separate piece.

Odd, mine has brackets to connect the two together. This makes a lot more sense.

#1230 7 years ago

I have another thread specific to the Wabac ramp and in that thread someone asked where to get decals. I emailed Marc at Marcos and he replied back this morning that he would get right to work on the decals...Sweet!

Thanks, Marco's!

#1231 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have another thread specific to the Wabac ramp and in that thread someone asked where to get decals. I emailed Marc at Marcos and he replied back this morning that he would get right to work on the decals...Sweet!
Thanks, Marco's!

Marc is just great, an all around pleasure to work with. You as well, goodsir. Thanks for providing these services to the pinball community.

#1232 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks, Marco's!

huh... didn't even know that was possible. Its good to know you can reach out for requests.

#1233 7 years ago

James made the Wabac ramp years ago, so there's likely a mold that Starship should have access to. I think it may have been the first ramp he made, IIRC. Said it took him a long time to sell them too. There's obviously some demand now though.

#1234 7 years ago

Bump for Black Rose whirlpool ramp.
Thanks Marc

#1235 7 years ago

I believe the return from the Cyclone ferris wheel was prototyped by James before he stepped away from the ramp business but never produced. Any thoughts on making that? I think everything else has been produced, although I could use the blue skill shot piece as well -- has anyone every made that?

Also, I see there is a pinballinc.com site that appears to be actively selling some parts (not ramps). I thought James pretty much stepped away from the pinball business. Is he still involved and actively making or distributing some parts? I really enjoyed meeting James and being part of his 'fireside' chat a few years ago in Chicago. Boy, did he have some stories.

#1236 7 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I believe the return from the Cyclone ferris wheel was prototyped by James before he stepped away from the ramp business but never produced. Any thoughts on making that? I think everything else has been produced, although I could use the blue skill shot piece as well -- has anyone every made that?
Also, I see there is a pinballinc.com site that appears to be actively selling some parts (not ramps). I thought James pretty much stepped away from the pinball business. Is he still involved and actively making or distributing some parts? I really enjoyed meeting James and being part of his 'fireside' chat a few years ago in Chicago. Boy, did he have some stories.

Pretty sure the return from the Ferris wheel is too long for me to do on the current machine. Will have to wait or the new machine.

#1237 7 years ago

Larry at Starship Fantasy has the Cyclone ferris wheel exit ramp available. I just ordered one, check it out!

http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Cyclone-Ferris-Wheel-Exit-Ramp

#1238 7 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Larry at Starship Fantasy has the Cyclone ferris wheel exit ramp available. I just ordered one, check it out!

That's good news. One off my list!

#1239 7 years ago

Freeplay40 thanks for your comments on repairing my Rufio ramp in the Hook club thread, I can't find that exact acrylic glue in the UK but probably something similar.

When you have designed your Rufio metal protectors will you sell these separately for ramps that are repairable?

#1240 7 years ago
Quoted from astyy:

When you have designed your Rufio metal protectors will you sell these separately for ramps that are repairable?

Hadn't thought of that, but will consider it.

#1241 7 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Thank you. I contacted him and I plan to pick it up in Allentown.

#1242 7 years ago

Freeplay40 I'm interested in doing some molding work at our company for some low volume parts that typically don't price out very cost effectively at suppliers. What's your setup or have you posted it before? I'd be interested to learn more if you're open to that.

#1243 7 years ago

I would be in for both Black Rose ramps, I really need the left ramp as mine is cracked but I'd be in for a new whirlpool ramp also.
I got access to a good left ramp if you need it also. My whirlpool ramp is fine just yellowed.

#1244 7 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I'm interested in doing some molding work at our company for some low volume parts that typically don't price out very cost effectively at suppliers

What kind of low volume molds do you do?

#1245 7 years ago

freeplay40 ever consider a DR.DUDE ramp?

#1246 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

freeplay40 ever consider a DR.DUDE ramp?

I have considered it, just not sure if the current machine can fit it. Would need to know some dimensions, like what size rectangle it would fit in.

#1247 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have considered it, just not sure if the current machine can fit it. Would need to know some dimensions, like what size rectangle it would fit in.

i will check to night when i get home from work.

#1248 7 years ago

It's 18-1/2" x 14"
The ramp extends 4" back behind the "I" EXAM. And 14-1/2" from "I"EXAM to ramp entrance . And 14" wide. Which I believe this dimension if turned could be less .Hope this helps

IMG_3024 (resized).JPGIMG_3024 (resized).JPG

IMG_3025 (resized).JPGIMG_3025 (resized).JPG

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1249 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

It's 18-1/2" x 14"
The ramp extends 4" back behind the "I" EXAM. And 14-1/2" from "I"EXAM to ramp entrance . And 14" wide. Which I believe this dimension if turned could be less .Hope this helps

It's really close to what I can do at the moment. The length is OK but the 14" is too much... So like you said it would have to be turned. Up this page I estimated a ramp would need to fit into a 19" by 11" rectangle to produce a mold that I could do. Note the mold is slightly bigger than the actual ramp.

#1250 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

It's really close to what I can do at the moment. The length is OK but the 14" is too much... So like you said it would have to be turned. Up this page I estimated a ramp would need to fit into a 19" by 11" rectangle to produce a mold that I could do. Note the mold is slightly bigger than the actual ramp.

i measured it on the angle from tab to mixmaster drop farthest point and it is 12-3/4"

IMG_3027 (resized).JPGIMG_3027 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/25?hl=zh2oson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.