By Freeplay40

1 year ago

Stats

• Started 1 year ago
  • 1,262 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by e_lectro

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

Uploaded by freddy
Uploaded by freddy
Uploaded by freddy
Uploaded by freddy
Uploaded by lordloss
Uploaded by Mitch
Uploaded by master_of_chaos
Uploaded by master_of_chaos
Uploaded by shicketmaster
Uploaded by shicketmaster

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1262 posts in topic. You are on page 25 of 26.
#1201 21 days ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Any chance you can do the time expander cover for doctor who? These are impossible to find, yet aren't that big and look easy to make. I could even ship you a slightly broken used one if we couldn't find one closer to you.
They were reproduced once by twistedpins which is no longer in business and they weren't made well and broke quickly.

I have an HUO Doctor Who and would be willing to loan out my undamaged expander cover for molding if needed.

#1202 21 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

As I write this I can see the two ramps that were loaned to me. It has everything going against it. Low production, terrible design and ultimately a high cost should it be reproduced. To be honest, I don't think I will ever do this one as I believe my time is much better spent elsewhere.

Charge a higher price. Some of us are willing to pay anything for the possibility of new.

#1203 20 days ago

Put me on the list for a Rufio ramp if I'm not already.

Thanks.

#1204 20 days ago

Hook Rufio loaner ramp is in the house.....thanks Shawn (shicketmaster). I'm going to go ahead and do this one next. Will get started on it in the next couple days.

#1205 19 days ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Any plans for Black Rose Whirlpool ramp?

I'd like a new whirlpool ramp for my Black Rose as well!

#1206 19 days ago

I'd still be in for a new whirlpool ramp for my Black Rose! Not sure if you were still counting my comment from a year ago...

#1207 19 days ago

whirlpool ramping up for Black Rose. Pun intended Mark.
Thank you for your consideration.

#1208 19 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Hook Rufio loaner ramp is in the house.....thanks Shawn (shicketmaster). I'm going to go ahead and do this one next. Will get started on it in the next couple days.

I'm interested in Rufio too

#1209 18 days ago

Yep - Need a Rufio badly too!

#1210 18 days ago

I would still love to see a set of ramps for JD, and WCS94.

#1211 18 days ago

Interested in a Rufio

#1212 17 days ago

Also interested in a space shuttle ramp as i know dozens of people wanting those and repos dried up years ago.

#1213 17 days ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Also interested in a space shuttle ramp as i know dozens of people wanting those and repos dried up years ago.

Space Shuttle is a definite candidate for the new machine...Likely one of the first ones. The most recent reproductions were made with a plastic that was honestly toooooo thick which resulted in a poor fit onto the playfield. My intentions are to offer the ramp in either clear of dyed PETG. (I can do black but just don't like to.. ) Dyed if I can get the blue right!, which I think I can.

#1214 17 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Space Shuttle is a definite candidate for the new machine...Likely one of the first ones. The most recent reproductions were made with a plastic that was honestly toooooo thick which resulted in a poor fit onto the playfield. My intentions are to offer the ramp in either clear of dyed PETG. (I can do black but just don't like to.. ) Dyed if I can get the blue right!, which I think I can.

Would the exit side of the ramp have the same V shape? I always wondered why they chose that shape.....so the ball doesn't rattle back and forth as it goes down it?

#1215 17 days ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Would the exit side of the ramp have the same V shape? I always wondered why they chose that shape.....so the ball doesn't rattle back and forth as it goes down it?

Probably as that is the original design.

#1216 16 days ago

Interested in a Rufio.

#1217 16 days ago

I'd also be in for a DW time expander cover.

#1218 16 days ago

I'm wondering if you could do EatPM ramps? Been looking for a party slide front ramp...anyone else in need of these?

#1219 16 days ago
Quoted from Brazy:

I'm wondering if you could do EatPM ramps? Been looking for a party slide front ramp...anyone else in need of these?

The 3 ramp set is currently in stock at Starship Fantasy...

http://starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Elvira-the-Party-Monsters-Set-of-3

#1220 16 days ago
Quoted from Insane:

Looks like if i measure diagonally it is almost 24". Maybe this will be better. the squares are 1". sorry i couldn't get a little better, i can't remove because the led strip is hardwired to the playfield.

Looks like each piece is about the size of the wabac ramp is that helps in deciding weather to wait for the bigger machine or not.

20170211_132221 (resized).jpg

#1221 15 days ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Looks like each piece is about the size of the wabac ramp is that helps in deciding weather to wait for the bigger machine or not.

Thanks for taking the time to photo and post. Looks like I could do the entrance ramp on the current machine, but not sure about the second part of that ramp....The molds are obviously larger than the ramp, not to mention that they must be extended by about 1/4" on the entrances and ends so nice cuts can be made. This just a guess, but think that if you drew a rectangle say 11" by 19" then see if that second ramp would fit in that rectangle, we might have a shot.... otherwise it would have to wait for the new machine.

#1222 15 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks for taking the time to photo and post. Looks like I could do the entrance ramp on the current machine, but not sure about the second part of that ramp....The molds are obviously larger than the ramp, not to mention that they must be extended by about 1/4" on the entrances and ends so nice cuts can be made. This just a guess, but think that if you drew a rectangle say 11" by 19" then see if that second ramp would fit in that rectangle, we might have a shot.... otherwise it would have to wait for the new machine.

unfortunately from what i see, it wouldn't fit in that space. if you look at the pic i posted with it on the grid its bigger that that. Even going diagonally, it looks lit it would need at least 22". Lordloss the piece you are missing from the end of the 2nd part is a decent size. Looks to be about 6" x 2".

#1223 15 days ago
Quoted from Insane:

unfortunately from what i see, it wouldn't fit in that space. if you look at the pic i posted with it on the grid its bigger that that. Even going diagonally, it looks lit it would need at least 22". Lordloss the piece you are missing from the end of the 2nd part is a decent size. Looks to be about 6" x 2".

Yes, but its also a separate piece. So it would need its own mold.

#1224 15 days ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Any chance you can do the time expander cover for doctor who? These are impossible to find, yet aren't that big and look easy to make. I could even ship you a slightly broken used one if we couldn't find one closer to you.
They were reproduced once by twistedpins which is no longer in business and they weren't made well and broke quickly.

Would also be interested in this also! I think most of these out there are broken at least in one of the screw mounting holes.

#1225 15 days ago
Quoted from rgb635:

Would also be interested in this also! I think most of these out there are broken at least in one of the screw mounting holes.

Alot of people want this and it seems like a easy one, but it's the only suggestion that the OP won't comment on. It's strange.

#1226 14 days ago

One more person chiming in that they would pick up a time expander plastic. (Or two, given the beating they take.)

#1227 14 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The 3 ramp set is currently in stock at Starship Fantasy...
http://starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Elvira-the-Party-Monsters-Set-of-3

Thx.!
Brady

#1228 14 days ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Yes, but its also a separate piece. So it would need its own mold.

My large ramp part is 1 piece. The 6" piece missing from yours is part of the big section on mine, not a separate piece.

#1229 14 days ago
Quoted from Insane:

My large ramp part is 1 piece. The 6" piece missing from yours is part of the big section on mine, not a separate piece.

Odd, mine has brackets to connect the two together. This makes a lot more sense.

#1230 13 days ago

I have another thread specific to the Wabac ramp and in that thread someone asked where to get decals. I emailed Marc at Marcos and he replied back this morning that he would get right to work on the decals...Sweet!

Thanks, Marco's!

#1231 13 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have another thread specific to the Wabac ramp and in that thread someone asked where to get decals. I emailed Marc at Marcos and he replied back this morning that he would get right to work on the decals...Sweet!
Thanks, Marco's!

Marc is just great, an all around pleasure to work with. You as well, goodsir. Thanks for providing these services to the pinball community.

#1232 13 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks, Marco's!

huh... didn't even know that was possible. Its good to know you can reach out for requests.

#1233 13 days ago

James made the Wabac ramp years ago, so there's likely a mold that Starship should have access to. I think it may have been the first ramp he made, IIRC. Said it took him a long time to sell them too. There's obviously some demand now though.

#1234 13 days ago

Bump for Black Rose whirlpool ramp.
Thanks Marc

#1235 12 days ago

I believe the return from the Cyclone ferris wheel was prototyped by James before he stepped away from the ramp business but never produced. Any thoughts on making that? I think everything else has been produced, although I could use the blue skill shot piece as well -- has anyone every made that?

Also, I see there is a pinballinc.com site that appears to be actively selling some parts (not ramps). I thought James pretty much stepped away from the pinball business. Is he still involved and actively making or distributing some parts? I really enjoyed meeting James and being part of his 'fireside' chat a few years ago in Chicago. Boy, did he have some stories.

#1236 12 days ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I believe the return from the Cyclone ferris wheel was prototyped by James before he stepped away from the ramp business but never produced. Any thoughts on making that? I think everything else has been produced, although I could use the blue skill shot piece as well -- has anyone every made that?
Also, I see there is a pinballinc.com site that appears to be actively selling some parts (not ramps). I thought James pretty much stepped away from the pinball business. Is he still involved and actively making or distributing some parts? I really enjoyed meeting James and being part of his 'fireside' chat a few years ago in Chicago. Boy, did he have some stories.

Pretty sure the return from the Ferris wheel is too long for me to do on the current machine. Will have to wait or the new machine.

#1237 12 days ago

Larry at Starship Fantasy has the Cyclone ferris wheel exit ramp available. I just ordered one, check it out!

http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Cyclone-Ferris-Wheel-Exit-Ramp

#1238 12 days ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Larry at Starship Fantasy has the Cyclone ferris wheel exit ramp available. I just ordered one, check it out!

That's good news. One off my list!

#1239 10 days ago

@freeplay40 thanks for your comments on repairing my Rufio ramp in the Hook club thread, I can't find that exact acrylic glue in the UK but probably something similar.

When you have designed your Rufio metal protectors will you sell these separately for ramps that are repairable?

#1240 10 days ago
Quoted from astyy:

When you have designed your Rufio metal protectors will you sell these separately for ramps that are repairable?

Hadn't thought of that, but will consider it.

#1241 10 days ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Thank you. I contacted him and I plan to pick it up in Allentown.

#1242 10 days ago

@freeplay40 I'm interested in doing some molding work at our company for some low volume parts that typically don't price out very cost effectively at suppliers. What's your setup or have you posted it before? I'd be interested to learn more if you're open to that.

#1243 6 days ago

I would be in for both Black Rose ramps, I really need the left ramp as mine is cracked but I'd be in for a new whirlpool ramp also.
I got access to a good left ramp if you need it also. My whirlpool ramp is fine just yellowed.

#1244 6 days ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I'm interested in doing some molding work at our company for some low volume parts that typically don't price out very cost effectively at suppliers

What kind of low volume molds do you do?

#1245 6 days ago

freeplay40 ever consider a DR.DUDE ramp?

#1246 6 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

freeplay40 ever consider a DR.DUDE ramp?

I have considered it, just not sure if the current machine can fit it. Would need to know some dimensions, like what size rectangle it would fit in.

#1247 6 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have considered it, just not sure if the current machine can fit it. Would need to know some dimensions, like what size rectangle it would fit in.

i will check to night when i get home from work.

#1248 6 days ago

It's 18-1/2" x 14"
The ramp extends 4" back behind the "I" EXAM. And 14-1/2" from "I"EXAM to ramp entrance . And 14" wide. Which I believe this dimension if turned could be less .Hope this helps

IMG_3024 (resized).JPG

IMG_3025 (resized).JPG

image (resized).jpg

#1249 5 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

It's 18-1/2" x 14"
The ramp extends 4" back behind the "I" EXAM. And 14-1/2" from "I"EXAM to ramp entrance . And 14" wide. Which I believe this dimension if turned could be less .Hope this helps

It's really close to what I can do at the moment. The length is OK but the 14" is too much... So like you said it would have to be turned. Up this page I estimated a ramp would need to fit into a 19" by 11" rectangle to produce a mold that I could do. Note the mold is slightly bigger than the actual ramp.

#1250 5 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

It's really close to what I can do at the moment. The length is OK but the 14" is too much... So like you said it would have to be turned. Up this page I estimated a ramp would need to fit into a 19" by 11" rectangle to produce a mold that I could do. Note the mold is slightly bigger than the actual ramp.

i measured it on the angle from tab to mixmaster drop farthest point and it is 12-3/4"

IMG_3027 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 229.99
$ 12.00
$ 24.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 9.95
$ 99.95
Cabinet Parts
Merf's Pins
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Phoenix, AZ
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 52.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.95
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Machine - For Sale
Anamoose, ND
There are 1262 posts in topic. You are on page 25 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.