IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 103.
#1151 7 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Still hoping for an improved Hook "Rufio" Ramp .

Anyone have a photo of this ramp out of the game?

#1152 7 years ago

I meant the othe ramp which you can see on the pic

indy500sb1 (resized).jpgindy500sb1 (resized).jpg

#1153 7 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

I meant the othe ramp which you can see on the pic

OK...However, still too large for the current machine.

#1154 7 years ago

Sending you a photo tonight. I need to remove some stuff off it so it's just the ramp in the photo.

#1155 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

OK...However, still too large for the current machine.

we need to get that new machine up and running before May

#1156 7 years ago

New machine sounds awesome. How much space do these machines take up? Is it a stand alone machine or just sit on a table top? I can't picture it in my head. Anyways my vote is for the big ramp for TMNT!

#1158 7 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

New machine sounds awesome. How much space do these machines take up? Is it a stand alone machine or just sit on a table top? I can't picture it in my head. Anyways my vote is for the big ramp for TMNT!

The machine's footprint will be about 4' by 4'. Machine will be totally pneumatic. Mine will also have overhead actuation for plugs and ultimately overhead pressure assist for greater detail. Heating will be via a zoned ceramic array.

#1159 7 years ago

+1 on WD? ramp.

#1160 7 years ago

Hook Rufio ramp. The mod that would improve it like the Monday Night Football version would be a second metal support on the lower turn like the support on the upper turn. The small visible crack in the lower turn is the starting point for most damage to this ramp.

IMG_1913 (resized).JPGIMG_1913 (resized).JPG

IMG_1911 (resized).JPGIMG_1911 (resized).JPG

#1161 7 years ago

These ramps also break at the entry sides since the metal doesn't fully protect the entry, they break under the metal flap where it screws into the play field because the ball hits that quick turn with such force, and the exit point of the ramp into a wire ramp is so thin that it also breaks there. Just an overall crappy ramp.

#1162 7 years ago

Payed big bucks for this POS on eBay so I'd love for it to turn into a mold for better ramps than install it and watch it break like my other one.

#1163 7 years ago

Here is the other Hook ramp we've talked about. The Skill Shot. Don't know if this fits your current setup or not. Appears to be 23" long. This ramp is always busted out where the ball falls through the numbered holes. This one is in great shape for a mold. Another EBay find that I hate to see get busted up without serving a better purpose.

IMG_1914 (resized).JPGIMG_1914 (resized).JPG

IMG_1915 (resized).JPGIMG_1915 (resized).JPG

#1164 7 years ago

+1 for a Hook skillshot ramp.

#1165 7 years ago

From another thread

Quoted from lrosent345:

We really don't compete with each other and can work together when necessary. For the most part he makes ramps small production that I wouldn't consider for large production for decades if ever. I do have the radical tools but no plans to produce them any time soon. Since Freeplay 40 makes his own tools, thermoforming and CNC, he can probably make them for less than it would cost him to ship mine up and back. My tools are solid Aluminum (think heavy). We're lucky to have him because the ramps he makes would probably never get done by me or anyone.

Mark, If I pay to ship the Radical molds to you and then back to Starship fantasy, would you take them on?

Maybe we should talk about a commissioned run where I pay to ship you the molds and you pull off 20 sets of ramps for me. I deal with all the reselling and risk associated with it.

#1166 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

From another thread

Mark, If I pay to ship the Radical molds to you and then back to Starship fantasy, would you take them on?
Maybe we should talk about a commissioned run where I pay to ship you the molds and you pull off 20 sets of ramps for me. I deal with all the reselling and risk associated with it.

I admire your dedication to get this done

#1167 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I admire your dedication to get this done

certain titles will NEVER get done if people done step up to make it happen. Sometimes rather than complain I try to take action
Hoping Mark is up for it.

#1168 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

certain titles will NEVER get done if people done step up to make it happen. Sometimes rather than complain I try to take action
Hoping Mark is up for it.

What needs to happen is the starship guys and mark need to make a list of the molds in existence, molds lost, plastics that will be made, won't be made etc.

So the community has a realistic idea of what is possible and what's not

#1169 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

What needs to happen is the starship guys and mark need to make a list of the molds in existence, molds lost, plastics that will be made, won't be made etc.
So the community has a realistic idea of what is possible and what's not

I wonder if any of the data east molds still exist. Seems like every DE game has been mentioned here.

#1170 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

From another thread

Are you talking about the original molds or making molds? I ask because I have been working on a mold for the upper left corner ramp for radical. Talked to Mark about shipping it to him.

Nevermind, saw your post. I would be interest in these as well with one exception. If you pull this off I would be willing to send my (melted) prototype ramp to freeplay. It has different cutouts from the production that he can still get dimensions on.

#1171 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Are you talking about the original molds or making molds? I ask because I have been working on a mold for the upper left corner ramp for radical. Talked to Mark about shipping it to him.

original factory correct Radical molds which Starship has. They are available but he figured shipping was cost prohibitive. I am offering to work to cover shipping and commision a pull of X sets of ramps. Basically I would remove all the risk and hassle for Mark in order to get them made for those of us that need them. Mark would just need to use the original molds to pull and make the ramps. I wuold even deal with any sales/etc.

#1172 7 years ago

I have actually never seen any original production molds for pinball ramps. I do know, per Larry at Starship, for example, that the Hurricane ramps are all on one gigantic mold. I suspect this may also be the case with Radical. Further, the Radical ramps for the most part are larger than I can do at this time. I could probably do them on the new machine but I doubt that I could handle the original mold and would need to make multiple molds to do them.

#1173 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have actually never seen any original production molds for pinball ramps. I do know, per Larry at Starship, for example, that the Hurricane ramps are all on one gigantic mold. I suspect this may also be the case with Radical. Further, the Radical ramps for the most part are larger than I can do at this time. I could probably do them on the new machine but I doubt that I could handle the original mold and would need to make multiple molds to do them.

Well if that is the case could we use my mold as a test case? If I can cut down on the amount you have to do would you be more inclined to make them? Radical is an odd duck because the ramps are not one piece. The center X-Piece is too big for your current setup, and possibly the vertical ramp which is down near the flippers.

The upper right ramp is fairly small. There is also the ramp section to the right inlane which is skinny and straight. I have duplicates of these two.

#1174 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Well if that is the case could we use my mold as a test case? If I can cut down on the amount you have to do would you be more inclined to make them? Radical is an odd duck because the ramps are not one piece. The center X-Piece is too big for your current setup, and possibly the vertical ramp which is down near the flippers.
The upper right ramp is fairly small. There is also the ramp section to the right inlane which is skinny and straight. I have duplicates of these two.

We'll need to stay in touch on Radical. Certainly a candidate for the new machine.

#1175 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

Hook Rufio ramp. The mod that would improve it like the Monday Night Football version would be a second metal support on the lower turn like the support on the upper turn. The small visible crack in the lower turn is the starting point for most damage to this ramp.

Count me in for a Rufio ramp if/when it is reproduced.

#1176 7 years ago

Would definitely get a Black Rose whirlpool if it were available.

#1177 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Anyone have a photo of this ramp out of the game?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/86d2ygio41nunct/AADOLiBu01rgiLLAGzI5yXcBa?dl=0

Here is a link to some pictures of the hook ramp . The best one i have has a light damage from flame polishing ..
I have another one with a big hole in it .

#1178 7 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/86d2ygio41nunct/AADOLiBu01rgiLLAGzI5yXcBa?dl=0
Here is a link to some pictures of the hook ramp . The best one i have has a light damage from flame polishing ..
I have another one with a big hole in it .

Thanks for the photos! Pinsider shicketmaster is sending me his Rufio ramp tomorrow. Good chance I will do this one.

#1179 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks for the photos! Pinsider shicketmaster is sending me his Rufio ramp tomorrow. Good chance I will do this one.

that would be - awesome
sign me in for at last 3 !

#1180 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Would there happen to be any chance of reproducing the skill shot ramp also? Thank you for all you've done for the hobby!

#1181 7 years ago
Quoted from CJD312:

Would there happen to be any chance of reproducing the skill shot ramp also? Thank you for all you've done for the hobby!

Skill shot ramp is too long for my current set up. Once I get the new machine built I can do it.

#1182 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Awesome! I will definitely be in for one.

#1183 7 years ago

here are 2 pics from the hook and the monday night football ramp .
as you can see, the mnf ramp is better protected.

HOOK Front (resized).jpgHOOK Front (resized).jpg

MNF Front (resized).jpgMNF Front (resized).jpg

#1184 7 years ago

Nice photos....thanks. Can see that they left quite a bit more plastic at the end. Can the Rufio ramp accommodate that extra plastic? In other words, would the MNF ramp fit in the Hooks game?

A little trivia on ramp forming... if you look at the exit end of the Rufio ramp you can see at the bottom of the ramp the plastic is very thin while up at the top it is much thicker, indicating a female mold was used. There are generally reasons why a ramp is molded in either a female or male mold which is usuall determined by which direction the plastic can be cleanly formed. I would be inclined to mold this with a male mold which would make the bottom...where the big steel ball rolls....thicker. New ramp...new challenge.

#1185 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Nice photos....thanks. Can see that they left quite a bit more plastic at the end. Can the Rufio ramp accommodate that extra plastic? In other words, would the MNF ramp fit in the Hooks game?
A little trivia on ramp forming... if you look at the exit end of the Rufio ramp you can see at the bottom of the ramp the plastic is very thin while up at the top it is much thicker, indicating a female mold was used. There are generally reasons why a ramp is molded in either a female or male mold which is usuall determined by which direction the plastic can be cleanly formed. I would be inclined to mold this with a male mold which would make the bottom...where the big steel ball rolls....thicker. New ramp...new challenge.

It is a fine line. I bought a new cyclone ramp and it's made with thicker material. So I had to dremel down the plastic next to it so it would fit correctly.......

That said new ramps are so sexy.

#1186 7 years ago

While I haven't tried it personally, it's my understanding that the MNF ramp has to be cut down to the size of the hook ramp if it's used in a hook machine. I believe I read this here on pinside, but I don't recall exactly where or when. Todd Tuckey told me that he used the MNF ramps in Hook, so I'll ask him.

#1187 7 years ago

Actually, the thread may have been from master of chaos from above

#1188 7 years ago

No worries. I can make it just like the original, although I will seriously look at a thicker plastic!

#1189 7 years ago

It's huge, but I imagine there would be a large interest in the BSD main ramp

#1190 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

Actually, the thread may have been from master of chaos from above

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back/page/3#post-2635605

Here i have compared the MNF Ramp with the HOOK Ramp.
So lets wait for another masterpiece of freeplay40

#1191 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

original factory correct Radical molds which Starship has. They are available but he figured shipping was cost prohibitive. I am offering to work to cover shipping and commision a pull of X sets of ramps. Basically I would remove all the risk and hassle for Mark in order to get them made for those of us that need them. Mark would just need to use the original molds to pull and make the ramps. I wuold even deal with any sales/etc.

Quoted from Freeplay40:

Hilton, do you know the size of the Radical mold? Depending on its size I may be able to form the ramps here at my work, but you would need to find someone to trim and drill them. Maybe Mark would be up for doing that?

#1192 7 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Hilton, do you know the size of the Radical mold? Depending on its size I may be able to form the ramps here at my work, but you would need to find someone to trim and drill them. Maybe Mark would be up for doing that?

checking on that and hope to hear back from starship

#1193 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

checking on that and hope to hear back from starship

See if you can grab an pic of the mold, would be fun to see that. It'd also help people realize how hard it is to make a ramp even with a mold.

#1194 7 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Maybe Mark would be up for doing that?

Ummm...No thank you.

#1195 7 years ago

im keen on the hook ramps

#1196 7 years ago

+1 for Hook ramps

#1197 7 years ago

hi any news on time machine ramp thanks

#1198 7 years ago
Quoted from DAVE865:

hi any news on time machine ramp thanks

As I write this I can see the two ramps that were loaned to me. It has everything going against it. Low production, terrible design and ultimately a high cost should it be reproduced. To be honest, I don't think I will ever do this one as I believe my time is much better spent elsewhere.

#1199 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

As I write this I can see the two ramps that were loaned to me. It has everything going against it. Low production, terrible design and ultimately a high cost should it be reproduced. To be honest, I don't think I will ever do this one as I believe my time is much better spent elsewhere.

Seeing this is not the answer us fellow time machine owners like but the man has a point. Im still hoping for flash of light/brillance on a multiple peice replacment of some sort if even possable. This seemed like a more viable solution to me but i'm just one person others may not want this.

#1200 7 years ago

Any chance you can do the time expander cover for doctor who? These are impossible to find, yet aren't that big and look easy to make. I could even ship you a slightly broken used one if we couldn't find one closer to you.

They were reproduced once by twistedpins which is no longer in business and they weren't made well and broke quickly.

cover (resized).jpgcover (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/24?hl=j67ab and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.