New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 150775)

Freeplay40 Ramps

By Freeplay40

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,202 posts
  • 658 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by PinDeLaPin
  • Topic is favorited by 379 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 550 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1454[1] (resized).JPG
PXL_20201014_035222609 (resized).jpg
20201016_073304 (resized).jpg
IMG_1451 (resized).JPG
IMG_6476 (resized).jpg
DSCN7277 (resized).JPG
C63BD060-53DA-4BAB-B23E-B4AB6846980B (resized).jpeg
B9986BE6-D7BB-4111-B986-92D9FDDD5573 (resized).jpeg
7ADD8B22-B002-49E5-B053-BED57831A558 (resized).jpeg
0BEC1DEC-4804-43CF-9A9F-DB63124C606D (resized).jpeg
02E0ACCC-6BE7-4118-8100-FC32ABA4D9EF (resized).jpeg
2526D699-A6C0-4ED7-9D3F-DAA89D6DB916 (resized).jpeg
20200704_111740 (resized).jpg
20200827_010139 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4202 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 85.
#1052 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

It's a little too long form my current machine. Would be a candidate for the new machine when I get it built.

What about reproing the 'Ride the Cyclone' piece that fits on top of the Comet ramp on the Cyclone machine? Thanks!

#1053 3 years ago

What about the subway ramp for cyclone?

#1054 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

What about the subway ramp for cyclone?

Marco has the subway ramp

#1055 3 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Marco has the subway ramp

I thought when I checked yesterday they were out

#1056 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I thought when I checked yesterday they were out

Your right was thinking the "cyclone" ramp which is in stock

#1057 3 years ago

Please add me to the list for a Bally Black Belt also. Please give it some consideration.

Thank you.

#1058 3 years ago

please add me to the black belt ramp list
also: someone make a heavy metal meltdown one please

#1060 3 years ago

Cliff made one for himself but declined to make any more so I made the ramp and cover. It is still available...Info here...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heavy-metal-meltdown-new-ramp

#1061 3 years ago

Mark-Strange Science ramps are amazing! Glad I picked the blue anti gravity and clear exit. Can't wait to get these in. Thank you for being our guardian angel of pinball ramps!
I look forward to bombarding you with requests all year.
You know my next requests.
Black Rose whirlpool and cover, maybe even in dyed blue like anti gravity, maybe little darker.
Who Dunnit elevator center ramp. I think this doesn't need injection molding, your thicker vacu form would be just fine.
Thanks Again
Eric

#1062 3 years ago

I'm working on the Wabac ramp now and once I get that done I am going to take a look at the elevator ramp with a friend.

#1063 3 years ago

You the man. Any help on that just let me know. Wouldn't mind sending you mine as well. One of the most trusted kind hearted gentleman on pinside!

#1064 3 years ago

It's not a ramp but the process should be the same. I need a pinbot/ jackbot visor something terrible! Any chance on one?

#1065 3 years ago

Received a set of Strange Science ramps and a decal set on the same day. Thanks Mark and Jon! Excellent work guys!

#1066 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

It's not a ramp but the process should be the same. I need a pinbot/ jackbot visor something terrible! Any chance on one?

Possibly. I have a Pinbot here at the house. I plan on doing the ramp on the new machine in a transparent turquois.

#1067 3 years ago

Has anyone requested, or needed the other ramp for Rocky and Bullwinkle. Since it is more than 1 piece, it should be doable, even if only the first section. Or is it available somewhere already..

#1068 3 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Has anyone requested, or needed the other ramp for Rocky and Bullwinkle. Since it is more than 1 piece, it should be doable, even if only the first section. Or is it available somewhere already..

I think the secondary piece is still too long for me at this time.

#1069 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Received a set of Strange Science ramps and a decal set on the same day. Thanks Mark and Jon! Excellent work guys!

Where are the ramp decals available?

#1070 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Where are the ramp decals available?

snakesnsparklers has some. See post #1039.

#1071 3 years ago

hi Mark,

thanks for the StrangeScience ramps (and coordinated shipping, during my trip to the states)

perfect quality, as for the SpaceStation ramp, looking forward to assemble them

looking forward, what's next

#1072 3 years ago

I would,sell,my g ramp I bought and never opened up and could use the funds.

#1073 3 years ago

WABAC ramp decal, does any one know where to get it?

#1074 3 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

WABAC ramp decal, does any one know where to get it?

Remove and reinstall your old one

#1075 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Remove and reinstall your old one

can you tell or point to a thread that tells the best way to do this. I have the same question.

#1076 3 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

can you tell or point to a thread that tells the best way to do this. I have the same question.

Soak ramp in water

#1077 3 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

can you tell or point to a thread that tells the best way to do this. I have the same question

#1078 3 years ago

I should have the mold for the Wabac ramp completed today and will start forming right away. I expect that I will offer the plastic ramp with or without a flap. Beyond the entrance metal, there are two unique brackets....One at the end of the ramp and a switch bracket that is out of the norm as well. Both of these are riveted to the ramp. For those of you set up to rivet...great. For the rest of you interested in having this done for you, I will provide this service at no cost. You would just need to send me those two pieces so that I can mount them.

#1079 3 years ago

Hi Mark
Which material have you found to be the best for producing molds? Also, can it be used to directly cast a mold from an original ramp? Do you use a release agent when making a mold from the original?
Thanks
Wally

#1080 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Beyond the entrance metal, there are two unique brackets....One at the end of the ramp and a switch bracket that is out of the norm as well. Both of these are riveted to the ramp. For those of you set up to rivet...great. For the rest of you interested in having this done for you, I will provide this service at no cost. You would just need to send me those two pieces so that I can mount them.

Just to confirm, are these the two pieces you're talking about (pulled from pg. 70 of the manual):
- 535-6518-00 "Slotted Bracket" [at the discharge end of the WABAC ramp]
(and would you also need us to send 535-6018-00 "Assy. Shim")
- 500-5633-00-22 "Switch Sub Assy." [switch just past the flasher domes]

I couldn't find these on Marco and no luck with Google search. Anyone know if they're available elsewhere? I am hoping to avoid pulling the old ramp to send these in as I wasn't planning to do the swap right away!

#1081 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

535-6078-00 "Assy. Shim

I have it listed as 535-6018-00 Assy. Shim.

#1082 3 years ago

WABA Ramp
Note: I had to make an "L" Shaped bracket structure in order to
------ mount the microswitch bracket onto the ramp.

#1083 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

WABA Ramp
Note: I had to make an "L" Shaped bracket structure in order to
------ mount the microswitch bracket onto the ramp.

If necessary, I know I could make a suitable switch bracket, however that exit, slotted bracket and associated shim would probably not be cost effective to have reproduced in a relatively small amount. If we go the route where I would do your riveting, I can turn the ramp back to you in just one day. Ship Priority to me and I ship Priority back, total turn time is around 5-6 days.

#1084 3 years ago

Another option for the riveting is to see if anyone local has the ability. I think most enthusiasts would be more than willing to help.

#1085 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Another option for the riveting is to see if anyone local has the ability. I think most enthusiasts would be more than willing to help.

Any pointers or resources on technique for riveting these? I have access to the equipment, but want to practice a little before I touch any ramps. Once I'm comfortable with riveting that type of material, I may take a stab.

#1086 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Any pointers or resources on technique for riveting these? I have access to the equipment, but want to practice a little before I touch any ramps. Once I'm comfortable with riveting that type of material, I may take a stab.

PETG is very safe to rivet. Rivets used are called semi-tubular, oval or truss head and 1/8" in diameter. The overall thickness of the materials being riveted determines the length of the rivet. General lengths of rivets I use are 3/16", 7/32", 1/4" and 5/16". Those lengths cover most stuff riveted on plastic and ramps. Total rivet length amounts to about 1/8" longer than the thickness of the material, including any washers, being riveted.

The rolled over portion of the rivet (bottom) must always be against metal. If the process does not have metal where the rolled over portion will be, a washer must be used...Just look under any flap to see this.

I use both a rivet press and a hand held (hammered) roll over die. The hand held if for those places where the rivet press cannot get. I some times use a vice to support the rivet head when using the hand held die.... I posted a video of that here...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-custom-ramps/page/8

I'll be glad to assist anyone on how to do the riveting if they have the necessary tools.

#1087 3 years ago

Hey Mark,

Received my SS ramps today. They look great and arrived quickly.

Dennis

#1088 3 years ago
Quoted from kactussjack:

Hey Mark,
Received my SS ramps today. They look great and arrived quickly.
Dennis

How about that USPS... A day earlier than projected!

#1089 3 years ago

Strange science ramps landed in Australia
Thanks

#1090 3 years ago

Got mine yesterday! I might try putting them on this weekend.

#1091 3 years ago

Hey, Mark-
Hope you're feeling great these days! Still have my eye on that Gottlieb Excalibur ramp..........................hint, hint.

#1092 3 years ago

Just a preview. Photo of the first dozen WABAC ramps formed today.

IMG_1256 (resized).JPG

#1093 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Looking great!

#1094 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

getting excited...mine is currently apart, and am waiting for these to reassemble..

#1095 3 years ago

Wow. You really are knocking ramps out at an amazing pace. Thanks for all your hard work in bringing back machines that need some help.

#1096 3 years ago

Can you please put me on the list for a WABAC ramp. Thanks

#1097 3 years ago
Quoted from rcarlson:

Can you please put me on the list for a WABAC ramp. Thanks

Already there at #10!

#1098 3 years ago

What is the cost on the wabac ramp?

#1099 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

What is the cost on the wabac ramp?

Haven't set the price yet. There are two unique brackets on the factory ramp which I would have preferred to offer, but given these small production runs, I doubt I could get a reasonable price to have those brackets produced. I expect I could make the switch bracket but then the issue is only half resolved.

That said, I expect I will offer just the ramp itself, predrilled for installation, or the ramp with a new flap installed. This will leave you with two options for the two brackets.... Either remove and install them yourself (or maybe you have a friend with a rivet press) or you could send the two brackets to me and I would install them on a new ramp for free.

So price?...OK

Just the ramp $105
Ramp with new flap $115
Shipping $15 (Domestic US)

#1100 3 years ago

Awesome, thanks. Ill have to check mine out, and see if i know anyone with a rivet press

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
There are 4202 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside