IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 103.
#951 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Not at present. Lot of artwork on the upper ramp....I do not provide the decals due to licensing. Center ramp would be doable at some point.

Buying side ramps without artwork would be fine with me.

#952 7 years ago

Guns and Roses.....

In just a couple days I will release the second round of GnR ramps.

What I have at this time is...

16 Yellow G ramps
3 Gun Metal G ramps
14 Red R Ramps
3 Gun Metal R ramps

The amount of ramps I will have now is not nearly enough to cover all that indicated interest, but I expect some will not follow through.

I was going to try and send emails to those on the upper portion of the list, but instead will just list the Pinside names here that somehow indicated interest and that I could cover now.

ulmpharmd dsuperbee Blackjacker Chosen_S adams_arcade Ball_Shine brmorr matt_adams jho159 28pmss julien42
mbob DorkVonWaterfall slvrballer Pinballer73 BOBCADE GKW

Would appreciate you letting me know if you are still interested and what exactly you would want or not interested so I can add others to the list for this round. Come Sunday I will just open it up to anyone that wants whatever is left. I expect I would do another run at some point if there is still enough interest but probably not before January/February at the earliest.

There are a couple International folks in this group so as far as Shipping, just let me know what you want and I will let you know the shipping costs. I can get both the G and R ramps in a box small enough to send regular mail.

G Ramps will have new entrance flap and exit to wire-form bracket. Trap door mechanism and decal will need to be transferred to the new ramp.

R Ramps will have new entrance flap, switch bracket, exit to wire-form bracket and new clear cover (Lexan)

Pricing:
G ramps $155
R Ramps $125
Shipping 1 ramp $15
Shipping 2 ramps $24

Thanks for your patience with me.....Mark

#953 7 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Hi Mark, thought I would revisit the question that has been brought up before regarding the reproduction of the DE Checkpoint Ramp. I know I and many other CP owners would be excited to see this ramp reproduced. Such a major component to the game! Big question is, if there is a CP owner out their that has a clean enough ramp to use as a donor.
Thanks in advance!

I have one, when freeplay is ready, I'm ready.

#954 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

I have one, when freeplay is ready, I'm ready.

Great to hear Slim64 has responded with a possible donor ramp for Checkpoint. I was hoping someone would chime in after posting a few weeks back.

Mark, we know your busy but this would be great if the CP ramp could get made at some point!!

#955 7 years ago

If you need a Checkpoint ramp for repo i'll just pull it out of my machine. It's got a few minor cracks but it is one piece. I can even send my turtles pinball ramp at the same time if you want double the fun.

#956 7 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

If you need a Checkpoint ramp for repo i'll just pull it out of my machine. It's got a few minor cracks but it is one piece. I can even send my turtles pinball ramp at the same time if you want double the fun.

A turtles repro would be awesome

#957 7 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Great to hear Slim64 has responded with a possible donor ramp for Checkpoint. I was hoping someone would chime in after posting a few weeks back.
Mark, we know your busy but this would be great if the CP ramp could get made at some point!!

Currently just sitting in a box.

https://goo.gl/photos/EYnC8Sreg9aPax7BA

#958 7 years ago

Nice no cracks. Well thats 2 ramps for checkpoint molding mine and yours.

#959 7 years ago

Glad to see we have a couple potential donors for the Checkpoint ramp! Thanks to cp1610 & Slim64 for offering, lets all hope this ramp gets slotted in Mark's pipeline!!

#960 7 years ago

Hey Freeplay, have you ever done anything with those liquid chrome applications? You know those kits that you spray a base coast of black on, then the next coat turns that fake silver reflective color adhere to plastic?

I'm trying to see if there would be any luck getting this thing colored again

20161203_094538 (resized).jpg20161203_094538 (resized).jpg

#961 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Hey Freeplay, have you ever done anything with those liquid chrome applications? You know those kits that you spray a base coast of black on, then the next coat turns that fake silver reflective color adhere to plastic?

No I have not done anything like this but I do recall seeing either a video or an actual episode on TV of it being done. It was pretty impressive and looked relatively simple. Has to be someone out on the internet providing this service.

#962 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

liquid chrome applications? You know those kits that you spray a base coast of black on, then the next coat turns that fake silver reflective color adhere to plastic?

This stuff?

If you want true chrome, the process is: Coat in a conductive carbon paint, then use electroplating to adhere copper to the surface. Once you have that, any chroming company should be able to chrome it.

#963 7 years ago

Do you or have you done the Who Dunnit main ramp?

#964 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

If you are referring to the center Elevator ramp, that is not a vacuum formed piece...actually an injection molded piece....Chances of that getting remade are pretty slim if the original molds cannot be found as injection mold forms are very expensive to create.... However, I have a friend here in the Seattle area that wants to see if we can make a suitable vacuum formed replacement. Just not sure how soon we will get to it. I've looked closely at the ramp and I do think we could make something very close to it.

#965 7 years ago

Right on Thank you. If anyone can do it its you. Please keep me posted I believe this would be a winner. Thank you again for your great work, and if I can ever help let me know.

#966 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I have a very nice undamaged one that i can pull out of my game if needed.

#967 7 years ago

LAST CALL FOR GnR Ramps for 2016...

So...Down to the wire on the GnR ramps for this round of production. I only have 2 or 3 sets (Yellow G Red R) left and am awaiting some final responses form a couple that have indicated they want a set. I will update this evening what I have left.

#968 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I have done this liquid chrome paint teqnique before. It looks nothing like chrome, more of a shiny silver. It has no depth, I was very disappointed with the results.

#969 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Ron (woody76) offers plastic chroming: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plating-chrome-brass-and-nickel/page/4#post-3361526

#970 7 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

I have done this liquid chrome paint teqnique before. It looks nothing like chrome, more of a shiny silver. It has no depth, I was very disappointed with the results.

I'd just like a non spray paint alternative for my chrome looking data east speaker panel. A lot of the color flaked off and it looks dingy.

#971 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'd just like a non spray paint alternative for my chrome looking data east speaker panel. A lot of the color flaked off and it looks dingy.

You have to paint it black first. And it has to be perfect or it will show every imperection. It also scratches super easy, like with a rag easy. You will also have to clear it right after to handle it at all.

#972 7 years ago

So....Ramp Production update

Pretty much finished with this round of Guns n' Roses....Just a few loose ends to complete probably by tomorrow.

I am going to spend today making up some Genesis sets as I have several requests I want to get covered.

Then I will be working almost strictly on the Strange Science ramps.

I know a lot of you have indicated interest for these ramps but would help if we could "refresh" those wants. I will be producing the Large upper ramp, the blue Anti-Gravity scoop as well as the Anti-Gravity exit ramp. If there is any interest I can also produce the large ramp and the Anti-Gravity exit ramp in blue as well...Expect an $8-$10 premium for coloring those two.

So if you could let me know what you want I will start on those tomorrow. I already have several Anti-Gravity scoops formed as well as three of the large ramp. I will color the scoops as soon as I see if there is any interest in the others in blue as well.

Target pricing for Strange Science ramps as follows:

Anti-Gravity blue $45
Anti-gravity exit clear $42
Anti-gravity exit blue $50
Particle Separator clear $110
Particle Separator blue $120

In the mean time I will also make the mold for the Wabac ramp as it will require about week to cure. Picking up plastic for all of these tomorrow.

Onward!

#973 7 years ago

Edited to get my order correct.

I will need two of the Anti Gravity Blue and one of the Anti Gravity exit clear please.

#974 7 years ago

I need anti-gravity AND exit.

I would prefer clear for both. I always take strength over color

Blue is fine for anti-grav if that is all you are doing (since original)

#975 7 years ago

I'd like all three in blue, please.

#976 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I need anti-gravity AND exit.
I would prefer clear for both. I always take strength over color
Blue is fine for anti-grav if that is all you are doing (since original)

I can do the scoop in clear...but just to be clear (pun intended) both of these ramps will be made with PETG....the Anti-Gravity will just be colored blue so just as strong either way.

#977 7 years ago

A while back there was a talk of a Rocky and Bullwinkle Wabac ramp? Did I miss the boat on this? or is there still a run planned?

#978 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I can do the scoop in clear...but just to be clear (pun intended) both of these ramps will be made with PETG....the Anti-Gravity will just be colored blue so just as strong either way.

ok, then Blue it is. I did not realize the blue was PETG also. Strong and colored!

#979 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

A while back there was a talk of a Rocky and Bullwinkle Wabac ramp? Did I miss the boat on this? or is there still a run planned?

Yes...WABAC is next up and added you to the list.

#980 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Yes...WABAC is next up and added you to the list.

Awesome! Thank you sir!

#981 7 years ago

Cool put me on the wabac list too!

#982 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ok, then Blue it is. I did not realize the blue was PETG also. Strong and colored!

You were getting me confused.

I think he just uses a dye process to color his plastics. Details further back in the thread.

#983 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You were getting me confused.
I think he just uses a dye process to color his plastics. Details further back in the thread.

yeah, Mark previously used a different material for colored ramps. I believe the dye is a newer thing. Glad to hear these are PETG for the strength.

sorry for confusion

#984 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, Mark previously used a different material for colored ramps. I believe the dye is a newer thing. Glad to hear these are PETG for the strength.
sorry for confusion

Back in the thread a ways is a photo of a dyed Anti-gravity. Gorgeous turquoise. I plan on using this same color for Pinbot when I get to it.

#985 7 years ago

I'm in for a blue Anti-grav and a clear exit. Thanks!

#986 7 years ago

I've tried to reach out to all those that showed genuine interest in the GnR ramps either via pm's or through this thread. I have one set of a Yellow G and Red R left. Up for grabs for whoever wants it.

I have a couple guys who were planning to purchase as backups and offered to wait for the next run....Thanks guys...

I will keep an ongoing list for any new interest and plan on making more around February-March.

Thanks to all who have purchased and again for your patience with me.

Now onto Strange Science and the Wabac!

#987 7 years ago

The GnR ramps arrived today and they look even better than I had hoped for. Thanks so much for keeping our games alive!

#988 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Anti-Gravity blue $45
Anti-gravity exit clear $42

Mark- Please put me down for 2 sets for 2 machines. Blue Anti-Gravity and Clear exits. Thanks your the best.

#989 7 years ago

Do you have any of the cool Swords of Fury ramps for sale?

#990 7 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

The GnR ramps arrived today and they look even better than I had hoped for. Thanks so much for keeping our games alive!

agreed!

#991 7 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

Do you have any of the cool Swords of Fury ramps for sale?

Of course!

#992 7 years ago

Nice work! I might jump on for a Rollergames.

1 week later
#993 7 years ago

If they're ever made I would be good for 2 full sets of Hook ramps.

#994 7 years ago

Looks like data east pins are popular requests. Hook above, checkpoint, the wabac ramp. BTTF need doing.
But just yesterday I realized I need a phantom of the opera main red ramp!
Hopefully in New Year with that larger machine many of these can get done.
Thanks in advance Mark.
Happy holidays to you and your family and thank you for bringing our machines back to life this year.

#995 7 years ago

Guns and Roses are now sold out. If there is further interest I wil start another list and probably do another run in Feb-Mar timeframe.

Thanks to all that purchased.

Strange Science ramps are very close and actually making the mold for the Wabac today. Wabac ramps probably available in about 10-14 days.

Merry Christmas to all!

#996 7 years ago
Quoted from mwrose3204:

If they're ever made I would be good for 2 full sets of Hook ramps.

I might be willing to let my ramps be used as patterns. They're both in pretty good shape.

#998 7 years ago

Happy Holidays Mark!

#999 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Guns and Roses are now sold out. If there is further interest I wil start another list and probably do another run in Feb-Mar timeframe.
Thanks to all that purchased.
Strange Science ramps are very close and actually making the mold for the Wabac today. Wabac ramps probably available in about 10-14 days.
Merry Christmas to all!

Just confirming I'm on the WABAC list, thanks!

#1000 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Just confirming I'm on the WABAC list, thanks!

Mark could you confirm I am on Wabac list also

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Stratford, CT
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.