IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 103.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

The Batman ramps look like green plastic from all the pictures I can see. I found (but never tried) that you can dye PETG.
» YouTube video
http://www.tk560.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=3459
Looks kinda fiddly, but might be worth experimenting on some scrap pieces if you have any.

God knows I have plenty of scraps! I think I'll try it sooner than later to see how it looks as well as how it will hold up. Maybe place one outside in the sun...wait...I live in Seattle so I won't see the sun for a while. Sounds like a good secondary use for my turkey fryer!

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Next up will be Pinbot. Ramp in clear and transparent blue, upper playfield cover in clear and new helmet cover in black or blue or clear.

Could you provide some detail on Pinbot? The original ramp had large decals in the corners, and I don't know that the original decals would survive being transferred, or maybe the idea is that you just wouldn't have decals?

What exactly are you referring to when you say "upper playfield cover"?

Finally, by "new helmet cover", are you referring to the visor that lifts up when the target bank lowers?

Thanks! I bought one of your High Speed ramps and it was fantastic.

#53 8 years ago

Also very interested in Pinbot replacements!

#54 8 years ago

+1 for Jokerz, Mark!

#55 8 years ago

I'd be in for a couple WhoDunnit center ramps. Great work Mark!

Jody

#56 8 years ago

Why are we distracting him from F-14? Guys stop it. We have F-14 repro playfields on the horizon, I want my F-14 ramp first! lol

#57 8 years ago

but what about Dr. Dude ramps?

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Could you provide some detail on Pinbot? The original ramp had large decals in the corners, and I don't know that the original decals would survive being transferred, or maybe the idea is that you just wouldn't have decals?
Finally, by "new helmet cover", are you referring to the visor that lifts up when the target bank lowers?

I'll clarify what I am planning to provide with Pinbot when I dismantle it.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from boris_37:

Why are we distracting him from F-14? Guys stop it. We have F-14 repro playfields on the horizon, I want my F-14 ramp first! lol

I'm already working on the mold for F-14!

Quoted from floyd1977:Could you provide some detail on Pinbot? The original ramp had large decals in the corners, and I don't know that the original decals would survive being transferred, or maybe the idea is that you just wouldn't have decals?

As far as the decals are concerned, PPS has provided them in the past but currently shows out of stock. I sent him a message asking if he would reproduce and he has not responded yet. The decals are certainly "licensed" material/artwork and we will need Rick to provide those.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Any chance of Grand Lizard in green or red maybe?

Grand Lizard is definitely on my near term radar...Love to replace those black ramps! We could certainly do them in clear, but I think this one might be a good candidate for transparent green. Would be acrylic, but with ramp protectors I think it would work fine.

#61 8 years ago

Mark, let's talk something a little more challenging...what about a Grand Lizard head sculpt?

There it is...The gauntlet has been thrown down!

#62 8 years ago

Pinbot topper would be nice

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Mark, let's talk something a little more challenging...what about a Grand Lizard head sculpt?
There it is...The gauntlet has been thrown down!

Haha. An artist I am not. If someone was to sculpt something that I could convert to a mold, who knows... Expect most on here will say...STICK TO RAMPS!

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Pinbot topper would be nice

I thought the Pinbot topper was already available out there. If not, when I upgrade my heating source I could do it.

#65 8 years ago

Freeplay does great work! I know a guy who knows a guy that has a Robocop that desperately needs new ramps.

#66 8 years ago

So, Freeplay - all jokes aside... most of the GL lizard heads are cracked and/or missing the mounting tabs.

Would it be feasible to take a mold of a good original and produce it (obviously sold unpainted)? We have plenty of artists here, who could be commissioned by those who don't feel comfortable painting their own...

No one has ever reproduced THAT part and they'd sell like hotcakes! (OK, that might be a SLIGHT exaggeration, but I know a guy who knows a guy who would definitely be in for one!)

#67 8 years ago

I'm afraid there would be licensing issues with that. When I decide to set up for the GL ramps, I will contact PPS to see what we can work out.

#68 8 years ago

Plus one for a rollergames ramp

#69 8 years ago

Special Force - in Green

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I thought the Pinbot topper was already available out there.

Someone did make a run of these, but they sold out....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-topper-group-buy

#71 8 years ago

Checkpoint
I have been waiting a long time for a good ramp. I realize the size of this one will be challenging but the lack of ramps for so long could really net a decent mark up after you give me a cheap one

#72 8 years ago

add this to your long list;
Strange Science
the clear main ram had a small run by pinball inc

but the Atom smasher cover and the blue scoop were not done
I am sure these would sell by the 10's

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2396&picno=19554

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

For something a little more popular, I seem to recall that the left (Ferris Wheel) ramp on Cyclone was impossible to find.

Can you measure the length of that ramp for me?

#74 8 years ago

Seems to me that pretty much any of the Hook ramps are impossible to find.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Can you measure the length of that ramp for me?

I could, but the game is currently stored offsite awaiting a total redo
I'll see what I can do.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

add this to your long list;
Strange Science
the clear main ram had a small run by pinball inc
but the Atom smasher cover and the blue scoop were not done
I am sure these would sell by the 10's
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2396&picno=19554

I'd be in for the pair.

#77 8 years ago

My new favorite thread! As we have already discussed... I'm definitely in for a full set of Hurricane ramps, and the Pinbot clear blue ramp.

#78 8 years ago

Haven't forgotten you. I think that the Hurricane set will likely be the first longs ones I do....as soon as I get to the upgrade on the heat source....But had a lot of orders this week... Planets must be aligned.

#79 8 years ago

I'd love to see a whirlpool ramp for my Black Rose. Can't find those things anywhere...

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Haven't forgotten you. I think that the Hurricane set will likely be the first longs ones I do....as soon as I get to the upgrade on the heat source....But had a lot of orders this week... Planets must be aligned.

No worries my friend, I am waiting patiently.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from Adydar:

Windcoaster!!!

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Transporter the Rescue crossover ramp and/or whirlpool bowl. The ones that are nearly always yellowed and melted from the inset flasher. It's a different material than traditional ramps but any attempt at a repro would be welcome!

Put me down for a couple sets of these!!

#83 8 years ago

OK.. The first run of the Heavy Metal Meltdown ramp set shipped yesterday. I'm going to do one more run on these and then likely retire them for a while so that I can focus on new ramps as well as updating my machines for longer stuff. That said, I am going to accept orders for these through Sunday February 14th. I will send an email to the remaining folks that indicated interest.

Thanks!...Mark

#84 8 years ago

I'm definitely in for Batman Forever ramps. I just checked the colour of a broken cross section on my ramp and its green. So they're not painted.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

OK...I'm curious. Can anyone tell if the green ramps in Batman Forever are actually green plastic or are they painted. The reason I ask is that colored PETG is basically no longer available domestically.....unless you order about 2,000# of it from overseas. As far as colors in acrylic, very few are readily available in extruded acrylic. Tons of colors available in Cast acrylic, but cast cannot be vacuum formed. I did ultimately find a source for the transparent dark green but it is a little spendy.
On another note, ramps are either formed over a male or female mold depending on the design of the ramp. When you form over a female mold (imagine the mold and ramp being right side up), the plastic will be the thickest on the top of the ramp and will then get thinner as it pulls and stretches down into the mold. When formed over a male mold (imagine the ramp upside down) the plastic is the thickest on the bottom of the ramp which is better for strength where the ball is. I was just looking at the BF ramps on the IPDB and it appears to me that those would have been formed over a female mold and given the depth of the draws, especially on the left one that the plastic must have thinned significantly. Acrylic would not be a good material choice for these...in my opinion. I would think the only way to reproduce these ramps would be in clear PETG and then see if they could be painted transparent green....certainly something I will need to look into. I'm thinking automotive candy clear with a flexibility additive....if that's even available.
Got to be some professional painters out there... what do 'ya think?

Thanks for checking that out and yes the ramps are green plastic. Did you find out a reason why colored PETG isn't available in small quanity?

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks for checking that out and yes the ramps are green plastic. Did you find out a reason why colored PETG isn't available in small quanity?

Colored PETG is just simply not stocked by anyone in the US. It can be ordered from overseas, but the minimum order is about 2,000#. What a shame. I could do the Batman ramps in acrylic, but would not want to commit to that until I could see the game. If the original ramps were actually Green PETG and took that much beating, acrylic would not stand up. Snux posted a video of using dye with PETG. I'm actually going to experiment with that...who knows!?!

#87 8 years ago

Yeah acrylic would not hold up. My ramps have cracks on the sides by the ball entrance. I'll just epoxy the crap out of them.

#88 8 years ago

Even on clear, there is a lot of things we could do with them...colored led spots, etc. Clear is better than none......lol I would be in.....

#89 8 years ago

I'll consider doing them in clear if there is interest. I'm also planning a trip to the auto paint store to discuss transparent colors since this seems to be the only way to do high stress colored ramps.

#90 8 years ago

I'd be in with clear ramps for BF too, I think a lot of people would just like an alternative, even clear.

#91 8 years ago

Going to cast a vote for Roadshow. The left one is unattainable, and I doubt we'll ever seen them from Pinball Fantasy.

#92 8 years ago

does some one know if and where to get the Strange Science "Anti Gravity" "ramp" (look more like a case imo).

I would give a vote for this

(ps: SpaceShuttle Ramp blue, look great in my game)

1 week later
#93 8 years ago

So... Been doing a lot of mental designing for my new setup. I have concluded that an industrial heating setup is what I need so will be placing an order for it tomorrow. This setup, once mounted will allow me to form plastic sheets up to 24" x 36" which should easily handle most ramps. Also purchased today the pneumatic hardware to actuate the various processes on my machine. I will be able to incorporate both the new heater and the pneumatic actuators on my current machine setup so I can keep making new ramps. I am also designing a complete new machine that both the heater and the pneumatic actuators will be transferred to when ready.

The heater is 5 to 6 weeks out before I get it and then it will take me a few days to mount it. In the mean time I will be producing the Hurricane center ramp and I will also be picking up a Hurricane game from an associate so that I can model the other ones.

I am working on the mold for F-14 now and hope to show the first ones in about a week...red, white (clear) and blue! Got a Pinbot house sitting here so going to make molds for it too.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

So... Been doing a lot of mental designing for my new setup. I have concluded that an industrial heating setup is what I need so will be placing an order for it tomorrow. This setup, once mounted will allow me to form plastic sheets up to 24" x 36" which should easily handle most ramps. Also purchased today the pneumatic hardware to actuate the various processes on my machine. I will be able to incorporate both the new heater and the pneumatic actuators on my current machine setup so I can keep making new ramps. I am also designing a complete new machine that both the heater and the pneumatic actuators will be transferred to when ready.
The heater is 5 to 6 weeks out before I get it and then it will take me a few days to mount it. In the mean time I will be producing the Hurricane center ramp and I will also be picking up a Hurricane game from an associate so that I can model the other ones.
I am working on the mold for F-14 now and hope to show the first ones in about a week...red, white (clear) and blue! Got a Pinbot house sitting here so going to make molds for it too.

Great news! Love my blue Space Station ramp.

Quoted from 80spit:

I am another one who would be up for a Bally transporter ramp

Me too! Sure could use either/both ramps.

#95 8 years ago

Dirty Harry
demolition man

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from Adydar:

I guess that there would be a huge demand for that ramp.

#97 8 years ago

Party Zone Ramps are very hard to find and always broken!!!

#98 8 years ago

another vote for Jokerz!!!

#99 8 years ago

Definitely in for the Anti-Gravity ramp on Strange Science.

pf6_(resized).jpgpf6_(resized).jpg

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Definitely in for the Anti-Gravity ramp on Strange Science.
pf6_(resized).jpg

+1000 t.u. for that one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
£ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.