IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 103.
#701 7 years ago

Yep. Ram is awesome. Looks great, fits great. That one spot (at least on mine) got hit by the pendulum and prevented it from making a full swing. Quick little zip with a grinder (dremmel or bench) and it's perfect.

Great work on this Mark! Thanks again!!

...now finish up the GnR!!! :0P

#702 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is there any reason the High Speed clear ramp doesn't have the protector over it like the original?
I know it's not the best looking thing but it serves a purpose. I had a High Speed for a year and I could NEVER dial in the diverter switches exactly right, and it's because on a perfect, fast ramp shot the ball would often sail over the first switch. This causes all types of problems.
I'd consider redesigning this ramp to include the original shield at the top of the curve.

We have his High Speed ramp on ours at The Sanctum. Never a switch issue or balls flying off. Tons of plays.

#703 7 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

We have his High Speed ramp on ours at The Sanctum. Never a switch issue or balls flying off. Tons of plays.

love your avatar...

#704 7 years ago

I'm excited for GNR!

#705 7 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

love your avatar...

Thanks. He's the best dog ever. Had him for 9 years so far. This was him last weekend with my nieces/nephews.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#706 7 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

He's the best dog ever.

"Everyone thinks they have the best dog.

And none of them are wrong."

(GNR ramp excitement bump.)

#707 7 years ago

Here's my daughter and our crazy dog

Screenshot_2016-08-08-11-29-18.pngScreenshot_2016-08-08-11-29-18.png

Screenshot_2016-08-08-11-29-06.pngScreenshot_2016-08-08-11-29-06.png

#708 7 years ago

Stellar work as usual Mark!!! Keep it coming!!

#709 7 years ago

Well, this has not been my best week...Nothing to do with ramps other than I have been under the weather. Started with a bout of food poisoning last Thursday that has been tough to get over...capped off with a trip to the emergency room this morning...Ugh!

So I am trying to keep things moving and am forming the Guns 'n Roses ramps. Hope to be back to full speed in a couple days.

#710 7 years ago

Its hard to accomplish anything when you are spending your days back and forth to the littlest room in the house...Hope you start feeling better soon.

#711 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Well, this has not been my best week...Nothing to do with ramps other than I have been under the weather. Started with a bout of food poisoning last Thursday that has been tough to get over...capped off with a trip to the emergency room this morning...Ugh!
So I am trying to keep things moving and am forming the Guns 'n Roses ramps. Hope to be back to full speed in a couple days.

Hope you feel better soon!

#712 7 years ago

Sorry to hear that Mark. Did you eat out when you got it? The ER??? Sounds like it got serious.

#713 7 years ago

Don't worry about us. Your health should come first. You've already done a lot for the community, a little bit of time off won't hurt anybody. Least I hope not.

#714 7 years ago

Hope you feel better.

#715 7 years ago

Take a break and get healthy. Can't run 120% each and everyday and not need some down time. The ramps can wait it's been 20 yrs or more already so I don't think we mind a few days or weeks.

#716 7 years ago

Must be just getting old, eh? Only really had this once before in my adult life and I got over that one pretty quick. I'll be back soon! I've formed about a dozen of the GnR ramps and will likely color this batch first. Anxious to get a finished set off to Scott for donating.

#717 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sorry to hear that Mark. Did you eat out when you got it? The ER??? Sounds like it got serious.

Think I did this one to myself. I had sautéed some raw shrimp and recall biting into one that was a little too soft inside.

#718 7 years ago

Forget about ramps for awhile and get well. Health and Family come first. Not necessarily in that order..........

#719 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Think I did this one to myself. I had sautéed some raw shrimp and recall biting into one that was a little too soft inside.

Were they fresh or frozen?

#720 7 years ago

Did this ever become a website?

#721 7 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

Did this ever become a website?

Not yet, he's been busy.

#722 7 years ago

Busy, Yes...but this week has turned out to be a very bad week for me. Generally you would probably see someone else posting on my behalf but I am happy to say that it appears I am going to be fine. What I originally thought was food poisoning turned out to actually be a stroke. I have spent the last two days in the hospital going through a variety of tests, which thankfully I can say that I passed all of them and was released this afternoon. Will certainly be doing some lifestyle changes and have been given some new medications.

So going to rest easy for the rest of today and I will be back on task tomorrow.

Whew!

Thanks for all your support and patience......Mark

#723 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

What I originally thought was food poisoning turned out to actually be a stroke

ouch! definitely take it easy now. Keep that heart rate low, avoid meat.

#724 7 years ago

Wow.
Glad to hear you are doing better.
That is scary.

#725 7 years ago

Dang man. Take it easy.

#726 7 years ago

Like was said before, these machines have been in need of ramps for some time. A little while longer isn't going to kill anyone...Do what the Doc's say..

#727 7 years ago

Jeebus, glad you're better!

#728 7 years ago

take it easy buddy!

#729 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Busy, Yes...but this week has turned out to be a very bad week for me. Generally you would probably see someone else posting on my behalf but I am happy to say that it appears I am going to be fine. What I originally thought was food poisoning turned out to actually be a stroke. I have spent the last two days in the hospital going through a variety of tests, which thankfully I can say that I passed all of them and was released this afternoon. Will certainly be doing some lifestyle changes and have been given some new medications.
So going to rest easy for the rest of today and I will be back on task tomorrow.
Whew!
Thanks for all your support and patience......Mark

I wish you all the best.

No stroke, but had some of my own health issues.

Changing your diet can have amazing benefits. I lowered my cholestrol by over 30 points in a short time frame. The mayo clinic has a great website on nutrition.

#730 7 years ago

I hate to preach, but this documentary helped change my eating habits. I still cheat, but for the most part I eat veggies and might have some fish with it.

#731 7 years ago

Oh man I'm so sorry to hear that but happy to hear you came through it. I imagine they have you on blood thinners. We're getting up there in years so we have to be extra careful. Take some time off and go up to your cabin, bring some good books and relax.

#732 7 years ago

Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery, Mark. Cura te ipsum!

#733 7 years ago

Woah please take it easy! Take another week off and just relax!

#734 7 years ago

What! No lying down on the job Mr. Lazypants!

Feel better soon Mark! You rock!

#735 7 years ago

Diet and exercise, my friend. No magic formula.

I hope you feel better! The ramps look great so far.

#736 7 years ago

Feel better Mark. Get well.

#737 7 years ago

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Feeling much better now. I do have some lingering effects but nothing that inhibits me in any way. Neurologist told me he expects all will clear up and I will fully recover. I have a friend that actually called to congratulate me. He said the first stroke is usually the one that can really get you and having dodged that bullet, made some changes, that the future looks very good.

#738 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I hate to preach, but this documentary helped change my eating habits. I still cheat, but for the most part I eat veggies and might have some fish with it.
» YouTube video

Great to hear the outlook is all good Mark!

Nutritionfacts.org

Dive in....but many have a hard time making the choice. I didn't as the science behind it is extensive.

#739 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Feeling much better now. I do have some lingering effects but nothing that inhibits me in any way. Neurologist told me he expects all will clear up and I will fully recover. I have a friend that actually called to congratulate me. He said the first stroke is usually the one that can really get you and having dodged that bullet, made some changes, that the future looks very good.

Do you think the fumes from the hot plastic had something to do with it?

#740 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Do you think the fumes from the hot plastic had something to do with it?

The plastic I use and the temperatures I form at do not really release much in the way of fumes. The more obvious causes are my High Cholesterol and smoking for 40+ years. Doctors immediately put me back on a much higher dose cholesterol med that I used to be on and I also tossed the smokes. Will be making better food choices as well. I consider myself very lucky.

#741 7 years ago

Been resting and taking it a little easy the past couple days, but honestly I feel even better when I am busy making stuff. So for today I am shipping a few ramps and this afternoon will get back to forming the GnR ramps. Once I have a sufficient amount of each rough cut I will begin dying them...Probably this weekend. Ordering more plastic specific for these today hoping I can pick up tomorrow.

#742 7 years ago

Nice quit them smokes. I was pack a day for twenty years and quit using the patch at first. Got off the patch and started cigars, 1 per day. Then moved to cigar once every couple days, then cigar once a week and now can't even remember the last time I had one.

#743 7 years ago

Mark-
You might want to investigate the merits of Ascorbic acid as a natural healing method for your cardiovascular system. If you have any interest, you can PM me and we can discuss further outside of this forum.

You might be pleasantly surprised what Vitamin C can do. I've been taking it for over a year, and would be happy to share my results with you privately.

Greg

#744 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The plastic I use and the temperatures I form at do not really release much in the way of fumes. The more obvious causes are my High Cholesterol and smoking for 40+ years. Doctors immediately put me back on a much higher dose cholesterol med that I used to be on and I also tossed the smokes. Will be making better food choices as well. I consider myself very lucky.

My father-in-law passed away last week from his second stroke. Who knows if taking the first one more seriously would have made a difference, but why take the chance? Hope you fully recover, and as hard as the lifestyle changes might be, they are worth it!

#745 7 years ago

Wish you all the best and it will be not too bad for you to take a break ,,

#746 7 years ago

A speedy recovery is wished to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#747 7 years ago

Thought I'd better post something so you guys know I am still functioning. As you all know by now, I am incorporating a new process to color clear PETG. Guns 'n Roses as well as Strange Science will be the first applications of this new process. I spent today fine tuning the process and wanted to post my first very successful test of the red color that I will be using for GnR. The photo below shows the ramp I was loaned as well as the first test colored piece.... The test piece is a scrap of an R ramps that I used. Note that the ramps will be rough cut from the mold, colored and then finally machined for the game.

IMG_1213 (resized).JPGIMG_1213 (resized).JPG

#748 7 years ago

Very very nice! Can't wait to get mine!

#749 7 years ago

Is yours a bit lighter red or is that just the lighting?

#750 7 years ago

Mostly the lighting and the original is pretty dirty.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.00
Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
£ 110.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Valley, NEBRASKA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 29.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton Twp, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.