Topic Stats

• 3,726 posts
  • 590 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Pinballer73
  • Topic is favorited by 337 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 457 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
received_434946987313828 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191106_183142686 (resized).jpg
BCFDAD5F-9992-4B30-82F8-F249954DDA72 (resized).jpeg
A6D455C7-A027-4BFF-A53F-0923AC1DB65C (resized).jpeg
IMG_1578 (resized).JPG
5cbc34cfd8b096523e1c8b8fd0d7ef287e3eb5e6 (resized).png
IMG_1323 (resized).JPG
IMG_1101 (resized).JPG
IMG_1324 (resized).JPG
IMG_1255 (resized).JPG
IMG_1253 (resized).JPG
0E6F7F1F-B8A1-476C-A5AC-F9B6A8F359D9 (resized).jpeg
840A5C03-43F6-43CC-971A-7EEC3B9AAAFC (resized).jpeg
10BE131E-4362-49D1-8846-53AAC933D4DD (resized).jpeg
BE1EDD3F-8B88-4D4A-A27D-1516881F414C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3726 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 75.
#651 3 years ago

Any update on the Batman Forever ramps? Perhaps GnR took over in priority, but it sounded like there were some developments a month ago and then it went pretty silent. Thanks!

#652 3 years ago

Maybe I missed it but how do I go about ordering a Strange Science ramp when they are ready.
And how do we find out how much they are?
Will you just post it here or is there a web site I should know about?

#653 3 years ago

Any chance we can get the Twilight Zone subway ramps in the queue for consideration? As far as I know they've been unobtanium for some time.

#654 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I would say let's get rid of the cut. is there a way to give it a little up kick at the end?

Absolutely. I would mold the ramp with that slight bend where the cut would be.

#655 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Maybe I missed it but how do I go about ordering a Strange Science ramp when they are ready.
And how do we find out how much they are?
Will you just post it here or is there a web site I should know about?

With the amount of ramps I have now, a website is in the works, but probably not until year end. Have not set the prices yet on any of the ramps I'm doing right now, but will very soon. Just add me to your Favorites and stay tuned!

Quoted from Yoko2una:

Any update on the Batman Forever ramps? Perhaps GnR took over in priority, but it sounded like there were some developments a month ago and then it went pretty silent. Thanks!

My hands are just full right now and I have to experiment with the color some more.

Quoted from txx3ddq442:

Any chance we can get the Twilight Zone subway ramps in the queue for consideration? As far as I know they've been unobtanium for some time.

I think the big one will have to wait for the new bigger machine.

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Is that fracturing in the bottom at the cut? Would help the case to eliminate that cut.

looks like it might be slight, that the flash amplified??

#657 3 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

looks like it might be slight, that the flash amplified??

Probably amplified by the flash, but there is additional torque right at that bend which would not be good over time.

#658 3 years ago

Can you look into the dr who time expander cover. It looks simple to mold can be left bare plastic as the decal is sold at planetary pinball.

I can send you my old one to make a mold of.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-wants-a-new-dw-time-expander-cover

#659 3 years ago

Switch and wireform connect brackets for the DE Star Trek subway and the GnR ramps ordered today and already shipped so should have them early next week.

#660 3 years ago

Wow you are putting on thr brackets too!

#661 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Expect I will offer it with and without brackets for those that can do their own riveting.

#662 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Mark is a one stop shop.

#663 3 years ago

Mark- Any updates on Strange science ramps?

#664 3 years ago

Priorities.... I am finishing the DE Star Trek subway ramps today. I will offer just the ramp pre-drilled or the ramp with new switch brackets (4) and stainless protector (1) riveted once the switch brackets arrive...likely Monday or Tuesday.

Price for the DE Subway
Just the pre-drilled ramp $80 (You would need to transfer and rivet your switch brackets and Stainless protector)
-or-
Complete new ramp $98

Shipping $15

Next up will be Guns and Roses. Pinsider scottmaggie was nice enough to loan me both his DE Star Trek subway ramps and the Guns 'n Roses ramps. I had told him I would need them for around 30 days and we are just over that now so I want to get his done ASAP.

Then Strange Science. All pieces have been successfully formed and are nearly ready for production.

Last but not least, the WABAC!

I will post photos of the 2 subway ramp options as soon as I get the switch brackets.

#665 3 years ago

Awesome!

#666 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Pinsider scottmaggie was nice enough to loan me both his DE Star Trek subway ramps and the Guns 'n Roses ramps. I had told him I would need them for around 30 days and we are just over that now so I want to get his done ASAP.

Happy to help!

#667 3 years ago

Last minute detail check on the DE Subway ramp. Below are two photos...One of the whole ramp I am using to model from and a photo of the end of the ramp. In the circled area there is an arrow pointing to what appears to be an arc in the bottom of the ramp right at the end. Initially I though this was just breakage, but on closer inspection appears that the arc should be there. Does this ramp end up at a VUK? Anyway could someone confirm that there should in fact be an arc in the bottom of the ramp at the end?

IMG_1204 (resized).JPG

IMG_1205 (resized).JPG

#668 3 years ago

Update...I found a photo of the ramp installed and it does end up at a VUK, so I will cut accordingly.

#669 3 years ago

Yes, vuk. Thanks. Really happy to get one of these when available. I'd prefer to include the hardware.

Thanks

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Complete new ramp $98

Shipping $15

Dang Mark, that's a great price.

#671 3 years ago

I need Rocky and Bullwinkle ramps. I purchased machines to make plastics and one for ramps. If you have the ramps then I can concentrate on the plastics. I saw one of the ramps on ebay for $425.00. That was the last straw that drove me to purchase the machinery. I restore lots of pinballs, do you have a list of ramps you have in stock?

thanks-Jerry

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

I need Rocky and Bullwinkle ramps. I purchased machines to make plastics and one for ramps. If you have the ramps then I can concentrate on the plastics. I saw one of the ramps on ebay for $425.00. That was the last straw that drove me to purchase the machinery. I restore lots of pinballs, do you have a list of ramps you have in stock?
thanks-Jerry

I still produce everything I have made. As far as Rocky and Bullwinkle I'll be making the Wabac ramp very soon.

It's getting to the point where I need to seriously consider a website for these.

Here a quick list of what I can make...

High Speed clear
Genesis clear
Space Station Transparent blue
Swords of Fury Clear or Red, both upper and lower ramps
WWFRR Banzai ramp
Heavy Metal Meltdown ramp and cover
Whirlwind lift ramp
Hurricane Center ramp
F-14 Tomcat Clear or Transparent red
DE Launch button housing
Champion Pub punch ramps
DE Star Trek 25 subway ramp

Working on now...

Guns 'n Roses G and R ramps

Near Production..

Strange Science Particle Separator ramp
Strange Science Anti-Gravity ramp
Strange Science Anti-Gravity exit ramp

Next up...Rocky and Bullwinkle Wabac ramp

I do offer assembly on some of these so feel free to ask questions.

#673 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

thanks-Jerry

You don't go by what the price is on ebay do you. Mark never sold a single ramp for over $150 I believe.

#674 3 years ago

sorry if I implied it was Mark. I know it wasn't. I meant to say that it was that guy who induced me to get into the plastic business.

-J

#675 3 years ago

Mark- Great updates. Your the bomb! Amazing work, I've had compliments on your Hurricane center ramp! I give you the credit!!!

#676 3 years ago

Hi Mark,
would the engine in Corvette be a feasible target for you? It´s been unobtainable for quite some time. There´s a Corvette logo on it, though, maybe causing copyright issues.....
Herbert

#677 3 years ago

Hello,
I would very much like to be added to the list for a set of most complete Guns& Roses ramps.
Thank You
Andy

#678 3 years ago

Is there support from I500 owners for a turbo ramp to be reproduced. I'm in for one, anyone else??

#679 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Here a quick list of what I can make...
High Speed clear
Genesis clear
Space Station Transparent blue
Swords of Fury Clear or Red, both upper and lower ramps
WWFRR Banzai ramp
Heavy Metal Meltdown ramp and cover
Whirlwind lift ramp
Hurricane Center ramp
F-14 Tomcat Clear or Transparent red
DE Launch button housing
Champion Pub punch ramps
DE Star Trek 25 subway ramp
Working on now...
Guns 'n Roses G and R ramps
Near Production..
Strange Science Particle Separator ramp
Strange Science Anti-Gravity ramp
Strange Science Anti-Gravity exit ramp
Next up...Rocky and Bullwinkle Wabac ramp
I do offer assembly on some of these so feel free to ask questions.

Very impressive when they are all listed together! My hat is off to you sir.

#680 3 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

Hi Mark,
would the engine in Corvette be a feasible target for you? It´s been unobtainable for quite some time. There´s a Corvette logo on it, though, maybe causing copyright issues.....
Herbert

That appears to be an injection molded piece.

#681 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

It's getting to the point where I need to seriously consider a website for these.

You really do need a website now. Showing photos, and maybe a video of it installed. If you need help let me know.

#682 3 years ago

Data East Star Trek 25 subway ramp ready to ship. Hardware for those that want the switch brackets and metal plate installed will be here today. New ramp was reversed formed to make the bottom of the ramp thicker.

Price for just the ramp, pre-drilled for installation of hardware from old ramp $80
Complete ramp with 4 new switch brackets and metal plate $98

Shipping $15 Domestic US

Payment via Paypal to Freeplay40@yahoo.com

BE SURE I GET YOUR ADDRESS AND WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU INCLUDE YOUR PINSIDE NAME so I can keep track of who you are.

IMG_1208 (resized).JPG
IMG_1207 (resized).JPG

#683 3 years ago

Done!

#684 3 years ago

Done. Thank you!

#685 3 years ago

Done. Thanks for doing this!

#686 3 years ago

And, parts arrived for the Subway and the GnR ramps......Thank you Marco!

#687 3 years ago

Here is a photo of the first fully assembled DE ST25 subway ramp. 4 new switch brackets and new stainless metal protector.

IMG_1209 (resized).JPG

#688 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Here is a photo of the first fully assembled DE ST25 subway ramp. 4 new switch brackets and new stainless metal protector.

WOW!!!

#689 3 years ago

Mark, you are AWESOME. GREAT job, man. Thanks!

#690 3 years ago

I looking for the main ramp for the Jurassic Park (DE). Any hope at of of this being made someday?

#691 3 years ago
Quoted from BleacherBum:

I looking for the main ramp for the Jurassic Park (DE). Any hope at of of this being made someday?

Will be considered once the new machine is set up.

#692 3 years ago

I am definitely in for a set of the GNR ramps.

#693 3 years ago

Commending you on doing such a cool and much needed thing for the community!

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Commending you on doing such a cool and much needed thing for the community!

Thanks...Appreciate the support!

#695 3 years ago

Is there any reason the High Speed clear ramp doesn't have the protector over it like the original?

I know it's not the best looking thing but it serves a purpose. I had a High Speed for a year and I could NEVER dial in the diverter switches exactly right, and it's because on a perfect, fast ramp shot the ball would often sail over the first switch. This causes all types of problems.

I'd consider redesigning this ramp to include the original shield at the top of the curve.

#696 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is there any reason the High Speed clear ramp doesn't have the protector over it like the original?

Quoted from Freeplay40:

New ramp eliminated the need for the ramp cover

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-clear-ramp

#697 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I had two goals when making the new ramp for High Speed. First was to make it clear and second was to make it so the cover (clearly an after thought) was no longer needed. Mine is not simply a reproduction of the original. I redesigned the up hill curve to contain the ball. The outer wall is slanted inward to keep the ball from flying out. This process basically goes against the laws of vacuum forming where negative angles would prevent the mold from being removed. Since the ramp is made of PETG it can flex sufficiently to get it to release from the mold.

#698 3 years ago

For this first round the DE Star Trek 25 subway is almost gone... Only one left. I will make more later but probably not until after the Guns 'n Roses, Strange Science and Wabac ramps.

I think I got everyone who initially indicated they wanted one.

#699 3 years ago

Damn Mark! That is a gorgeous. Great job!

#700 3 years ago

For those of you that I have already shipped the DE Star Trek 25 subway ramps to, I have an update for fitting into the machine correctly. Donor Scottmaggie received his today and discovered a tight fit at one point so want to pass this along to y'all to fix before installing. Easy quick fix with a Dremel and sanding drum.

Below are some photos. One overall shot of the ramp with a red circle showing the are that needs to be addressed... One photo showing how the ramp was shipped (Before) and lastly a photo showing the correction (Corrected).

All subsequent ramps going out (Including Randy) will be machined correctly.

Many thanks to Scott for the quick feedback!

IMG_1212 (resized).JPG
IMG_1211 (resized).JPG
IMG_1210 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 3726 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 75.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside