IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 103.
#601 7 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Sure would like green Grand lizard ramps....come on, Mark!

I need to work on getting the right green as it will require some color mixing, but those are definitely doable.

#602 7 years ago

Thanks for the photos Insane. I think I understand how this ramp fits in now. I did get a couple responses back from the WPC and have a couple machines I can go look at. With regard to the "cut" towards the end of the ramp... Has anyone experienced breakage at the cut?

#603 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I need to work on getting the right green as it will require some color mixing, but those are definitely doable.

AWESOME! I have the donor for molding. Just let me know when you need it sent your way, sir!

#604 7 years ago

Is there any chance that you will do some improved hook "clock /rufio" ramps ?

#605 7 years ago

Any chance of DM ramps?

#606 7 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Is there any chance that you will do some improved hook "clock /rufio" ramps ?

Not on my near term radar, but I will keep a lookout for the game to see how hard they are to make.

Quoted from Pinballer22:

Any chance of DM ramps?

I have a friend with a DM and we have talked about doing these.

#607 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Any chance of DM ramps?

I could really use the right hand one for sure!

#608 7 years ago

I would buy the full set for sure yesterday! Just started populating my cleared DM pf and ramps are the only non-new part

#609 7 years ago

The hook crock/Rufio ramp is a small one that would fit your current setup. The trick is going to be finding a donor that isn't broken. Mine is bondo and Mylar everywhere. When you get to hook, please consider the skill shot ramp as well please.

#610 7 years ago

I don't see the cut being an issue. The ball doesn't really bang into it with it being toward the end of the ramp.

#611 7 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I don't see the cut being an issue. The ball doesn't really bang into it with it being toward the end of the ramp.

Thanks for the feedback! I will reproduce just like the model I have.

#612 7 years ago

When the ramps are connected the top of the cut pretty much pinches together.

#613 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks for the photos Insane. I think I understand how this ramp fits in now. I did get a couple responses back from the WPC and have a couple machines I can go look at. With regard to the "cut" towards the end of the ramp... Has anyone experienced breakage at the cut?

I looked at mine the best I could, and it almost looks like the ramp is "bent" upwards slightly at the cut. Could have just been the way it looked as well, but it seemed that the cut gap got smaller at the top.

#614 7 years ago

So, I took Saturday off and participated with FAST Pinball at an event at the Seattle Museum of History and Industry. They regularly invite local small businesses to showcase what they do. The museum likes to help promote the gathering and purchased a couple hundred snap out puzzle pinball machines...huge hit with the kids! Anyway is was fun day and there was a lot of interest. Couple photos below.

So here is where I am with ramps.....

I have successfully formed the following ramps.

Strange Science Particle Separator ramp
Strange Science Particle Anti-Gravity ramp
Strange Science Anti-Gravity exit ramp

Date East Star Trek subway ramp

Guns and Roses R ramp

I have yet to successfully form the G ramp, mostly because the way I chose to do it is a little more difficult. Rather than form the ramp flat and then have to twist it into fitting, I chose to form it very near the actual shape that fits in the game....I love a challenge. By forming it to the shape it fits in the game, there will be less torque on the entrance and exit.

Once I get the G ramp mastered, I will then form a bunch of all of all of these. One formed they will be rough cut out and then I will color the ramps accordingly and then final finish the ramps. For Strange Science I will obviously do the Anti-Gravity in a transparent light blue, but in addition to clear, I will also color a Partical Separator and the Anti-Gravity exit in light blue in case anyone wants them in color.

For Guns 'n Roses I will do the red and the yellow and will also attempt a gunmetal color for the G ramp.

I will probably make the DE Star Trek ramp available first....just a few more days. The rest will be available once I have a decent inventory of each.

Both Guns 'n Roses are Rocky and Bullwinkle are Data East games and on both the R ramp for GnR and the Wabac, they have made cut-outs in the sidewalls of these ramps to enable the riveting of a switch mount. In both cases what I will offer will have those switch mounts already riveted and I can rivet them without a cutout in the side of the ramp which will look much nicer. In the case of the GnR R ramp that I have as a model, the factory rivets were mounted with the rolled over portion of the rivets on the inside of the ramp without washers....not the right way to do it. Mine will have the rivet heads on the inside of the ramp against the plastic as it should be.

Now to the Wabac. It's coming for sure, but I need to get some of the work above progressed first. I will make a mold very soon as they need to cure, but seriously need y'all to take a close look at the end of your ramps where those cuts in the side of the ramp are. I don't know if this is true or not, but I suspect those cuts are yet another after thought so the ramp would fit the game. As Insane and Bax1 said above and I have heard this from at least two others, that when installed in the game, the upper edges of the cuts are nearly touching. I can make the ramp with those same cuts in them but if possible I would prefer to simply form the ramp in the proper shape and eliminate the cuts.

SO YOU GUYS WITH A WABAC....IF YOU CAN TAKE A LOOK AT YOURS AND IF THE CONCENSUS IS THAT THE UPPER EDGE OF THE CUT NEARLY TOUCHES WHEN INSTALLED IN THE GAME, I WOULD LIKE TO ELIMINATE THOSE CUTS AND JUST FORM THE RAMP IN THE CORRECT SHAPE.. So, I would like to seek your opinions on doing this or just reproducing with the same cuts.

I appreciate all your patience with me....I'm really pedaling about as fast as I can.

IMG_0323 (resized).JPGIMG_0323 (resized).JPG
IMG_0322 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0322 (1) (resized).JPG
IMG_0325 (resized).JPGIMG_0325 (resized).JPG

#616 7 years ago

Do many different places have a maker day? I remember watching a Youtube video of a guy at a maker day that worked with nixie tubes. It was pretty neat.

#617 7 years ago

Not sure if other do this or not. It was pretty fun and the Museum staff was wonderful. The little pinball machines were very cool. They were laser cut and also have a laser etched playfield and back glass. As soon as I put mine together I'll post a close-up photo.

#618 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Not sure if other do this or not. It was pretty fun and the Museum staff was wonderful. The little pinball machines were very cool. They were laser cut and also have a laser etched playfield and back glass. As soon as I put mine together I'll post a close-up photo.

you need to make teny tiny ramps

#619 7 years ago

Good on you, certainly for the ramps but more importantly for presenting at the museum. That's fantastic!

#620 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

SO YOU GUYS WITH A WABAC....IF YOU CAN TAKE A LOOK AT YOURS AND IF THE CONCENSUS IS THAT THE UPPER EDGE OF THE CUT NEARLY TOUCHES WHEN INSTALLED IN THE GAME, I WOULD LIKE TO ELIMINATE THOSE CUTS AND JUST FORM THE RAMP IN THE CORRECT SHAPE.. So, I would like to seek your opinions on doing this or just reproducing with the same cuts.

The one installed on my game doesn't have any flex, the edges of the cuts are parallel. If you do decide to forego the cuts, I'd like to hear a report or two from someone who successfully installs the replacement in case the extra flex is need during the installation process or something.

#621 7 years ago

You should put one of those snap out puzzles in the box with each ramp you ship out.

#622 7 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

The one installed on my game doesn't have any flex, the edges of the cuts are parallel. If you do decide to forego the cuts, I'd like to hear a report or two from someone who successfully installs the replacement in case the extra flex is need during the installation process or something.

Good point on the installation flex possibility. One thing for sure I've seen on some of these games is that no two are precisely alike. Just may be necessary to have that wiggle room.

#623 7 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

You should put one of those snap out puzzles in the box with each ramp you ship out.

For FAST orders, I will be stuffing them in boxes while supplies last. I like to try and send something fun with orders whenever I can.
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Added over 8 years ago: Store Link: https://squareup.com/store/fast-pinball-llc/item/mini-pinball-machine

#624 7 years ago

Destined to be a classic collector piece!

#625 7 years ago

Those are awesome and would make great prizes in my arcades redemption counter.

#626 7 years ago

Don't they need some teeny tiny ramps? Lol

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#627 7 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Don't they need some teeny tiny ramps? Lol
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I think I'd have to build a smaller machine!

#628 7 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

For FAST orders, I will be stuffing them in boxes while supplies last. I like to try and send something fun with orders whenever I can.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

Can they be ordered on their own? I think they're great!

#629 7 years ago
Quoted from mdolshan:

Can they be ordered on their own? I think they're great!

agreed,

I would like some mini pinball tables. If reasonable priced I could see using them as prizes in tournaments.

#630 7 years ago

I have had a flood of emails about the mini pinballs! We do have some left from the event and I will post them tonight or most likely tomorrow.

I gotta figure out the cost of them. They were subsidized by MOHAI.

Quoted from Whysnow:

agreed,
I would like some mini pinball tables. If reasonable priced I could see using them as prizes in tournaments.

That is a great idea! An interchangeable backglass showing 1st, 2nd or 3rd would be fun too.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#631 7 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I have had a flood of emails about the mini pinballs! We do have some left from the event and I will post them tonight or most likely tomorrow.
I gotta figure out the cost of them. They were subsidized by MOHAI.

That is a great idea! An interchangeable backglass showing 1st, 2nd or 3rd would be fun too.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

put me down for 3 please!

#632 7 years ago

I threw a thread up real quick so we can give Freeplay40 his thread back!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fast-mini-pinball

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#633 7 years ago

Ever considered reproducing the Surf 'n Safari Whirlpool ramp? I just got an SnS, and could really use one.

#634 7 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Ever considered reproducing the Surf 'n Safari Whirlpool ramp? I just got an SnS, and could really use one.

That's the only request I've gotten for that one so probably not in the near term.

#635 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

That's the only request I've gotten for that one so probably not in the near term.

I can make another request if that's what it takes.

#636 7 years ago

Freeplay

I could see how if you didn't do the cut that it could still be fine. The rocky ramp may get a little lift (which is ok in my opinion) but hope it doesn't create too much stress on that area of the wabac ramp.

#637 7 years ago

Did you ever decide if the comet main ramp was Gona make the cut?

#638 7 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Did you ever decide if the comet main ramp was Gona make the cut?

There was another guy here on Pinside that was attempting to make that ramp. I offered to help him but then he just disappeared and hasn't been on Pinside since April. I sent him a pm saying that if he would let me know that he was not going to do it that I would plan on making it....no response. It will have to wait for the new machine. Right now I have several ramps I am working on. Once I get those done I will get back to the new machine!

#640 7 years ago

World Cup Soccer 94 left ramp please!

#641 7 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I can make another request if that's what it takes.

Mark--I second Surf n Safari Whirlpool ramp!!!
Mine has a nice melt burn from a flasher and cracked bottom of bowl.
So let's make this official Second. TY
Not an easy beast of a ramp.Reminds me of Riverboat Gambler beast of a red ramp.
So when you make both of these ramps in the far future. What do you think of a clear red, so you can see thru them? Like the blue on Anti gravity scoop.

#642 7 years ago

Ramp Progress report....

Took me three days to get the G ramp properly formed... Used up most of the plastic I had for the GnR ramps so have ordered more and should have it in just a couple days.

Photo below of the first 2 G ramps and 6 of the DE Star Trek subway ramps. I will finish these first 6 subway ramps while I wait for more plastic.

IMG_1202 (resized).JPGIMG_1202 (resized).JPG

#643 7 years ago

Here is a better photo of the G ramps. What makes these difficult is forming them in the proper shape vs forming the ramp flat and having to twist it to fit in the game.

IMG_1203 (resized).JPGIMG_1203 (resized).JPG

#644 7 years ago

You are awesome!

#645 7 years ago

You do amazing work. Thank you again.

#646 7 years ago

Fantastic to see the G ramps for GnR. Such amazing progress. Glad i'm on the list for these GnR ramps

#647 7 years ago

Wow. That G ramp is nuts. Great job mark but please don't burn out.

#648 7 years ago

Here is a pic of my wabac. You can see the cut.

IMG-20160831-01664 (resized).jpgIMG-20160831-01664 (resized).jpg

IMG-20160831-01665 (resized).jpgIMG-20160831-01665 (resized).jpg

#649 7 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Here is a pic of my wabac. You can see the cut.

Is that fracturing in the bottom at the cut? Would help the case to eliminate that cut.

#650 7 years ago

I would say let's get rid of the cut. is there a way to give it a little up kick at the end?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, OH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.