Topic Stats

• 3,741 posts
  • 594 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Freeplay40
  • Topic is favorited by 340 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 458 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

73452DDF-9DEB-434A-B010-008E44F5E6B3 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
received_434946987313828 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191106_183142686 (resized).jpg
BCFDAD5F-9992-4B30-82F8-F249954DDA72 (resized).jpeg
A6D455C7-A027-4BFF-A53F-0923AC1DB65C (resized).jpeg
IMG_1578 (resized).JPG
5cbc34cfd8b096523e1c8b8fd0d7ef287e3eb5e6 (resized).png
IMG_1323 (resized).JPG
IMG_1101 (resized).JPG
IMG_1324 (resized).JPG
IMG_1255 (resized).JPG
IMG_1253 (resized).JPG
0E6F7F1F-B8A1-476C-A5AC-F9B6A8F359D9 (resized).jpeg
840A5C03-43F6-43CC-971A-7EEC3B9AAAFC (resized).jpeg
10BE131E-4362-49D1-8846-53AAC933D4DD (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3741 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 75.
#551 3 years ago

3 people looking for a Cyclone Comet ramp in the last week and I'm sure more are out there. Seems to be a demand to make these?

#552 3 years ago

I so need a Strange Science anti gravity ramp.
Please oh please let these get done.
What a long wait it has been for this one tiny little ramp.

#553 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I so need a Strange Science anti gravity ramp.
Please oh please let these get done.
What a long wait it has been for this one tiny little ramp.

I've already formed about a dozen of them...ran out of plastic and picked up a bunch a few days ago. Just juggling several ramps right now, but the Anti-Gravity is very close.

#554 3 years ago

Freeplay what time table are you looking at for the R& B Wabac ramp.?
Thanks for making these.

#555 3 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Freeplay what time table are you looking at for the R& B Wabac ramp.?
Thanks for making these.

Realistically? Probably 3-4 weeks. At present I am working on the Strange Science ramps (3), DE Star Trek subway and the GnR ramps. I want to get these into production before earnestly going onto the Wabac. I will create the mold in the next week or so as it has to cure for a week to 10 days. Once cured, it generally takes me just a few days to finish the mold for forming.

#556 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Realistically? Probably 3-4 weeks. At present I am working on the Strange Science ramps (3), DE Star Trek subway and the GnR ramps. I want to get these into production before earnestly going onto the Wabac. I will create the mold in the next week or so as it has to cure for a week to 10 days. Once cured, it generally takes me just a few days to finish the mold for forming.

Great thanks for update

#557 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

So good to hear you are working on the GnR ramps at the moment - can't wait to see these. Do you know how long it will be until you have these ready?

#558 3 years ago

Take a look at what Freeplay40 made this summer. These new Champion Pub ramps look real nice. The color is great.

CP Punch ramps (resized).JPG

WP_20160713_23_00_59_Pro (resized).jpg

#559 3 years ago

Where to sign up for those GnR ramps?

#560 3 years ago
Quoted from andypuk:

So good to hear you are working on the GnR ramps at the moment - can't wait to see these. Do you know how long it will be until you have these ready?

I am finishing the molds (actually made three of them...long story) up today and tomorrow and then will begin forming. I'll post photos of the formed ones as soon as they are made. Once I have enough formed I will color them.

Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

Where to sign up for those GnR ramps?

Put you on the list!

#561 3 years ago
Quoted from Voldg:

Take a look at what Freeplay40 made this summer. These new Champion Pub ramps look real nice. The color is great.

Really nice color on those!!

#562 3 years ago

Please add me to the list for GnR ramps. Are you making the complete set of ramps for this game?

#563 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Please add me to the list for GnR ramps. Are you making the complete set of ramps for this game?

Just the G and R ramps right now.

#564 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Put you on the list!

thx, i would like a set of G & R ramps please

#565 3 years ago

Put me on the list for de star trek if you havent already.

#566 3 years ago

Been a little different for this round of production. In the past I have just tackled one ramp at a time. This round I have taken on the Data East Subway (basically ready for production), the Date East launch Button housing (done and produced), the Strange Science Anti-Gravity ramps and the Particle Separator ramp (also basically ready for production), Guns and Roses G & R ramps (R mold finished and finishing the G ramp hopefully today) and on deck is the Rocky and Bullwinkle Wabac ramp. All I can say is WHEW! So very soon several new offerings will be pretty much available all at once. I have decided to focus on getting these projects ready to ship pretty much all at once. I'm retired and basically have been working 7 days a week to get to where I am now.

But...I am going to take a little breather this Saturday and join FAST Pinball where they will be hosting a pinball based "Maker Day" at the Museum of History and Industry in Seattle...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fast-pinball-hosts-pinball-maker-event-mohai#post-3306211

I will be detailing mold production as well as discussing vacuum forming and ramp finishing.

#567 3 years ago

I wondered how you were finding the time to do all this. Sounds like you may be working harder than ever in retirement.

#568 3 years ago

Take it easy, our games have survived years with broken ramps, a few more weeks won't hurt

We are all glad that you are producing them

#569 3 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

I wondered how you were finding the time to do all this. Sounds like you may be working harder than ever in retirement.

Working very hard but really enjoying it. I love learning new things and every ramp is a new challenge. I wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for the tremendous support I've gotten here on Pinside. Unobtainium?.....NOT!

#570 3 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

Sounds like you may be working harder than ever in retirement.

I'm willing to bet freeplay is making his time worth it. He's probably making pretty good money from all this, and he deserves it. Who was it that was making ramps before? Whoever it was, no way they were pumping out new ramps at this rate. Void filled.

#571 3 years ago

Mark- Thank you for all your hard work. I think we could keep you busy with ramps for the next 20 years.
I wish I could come see you at Fast pinball this weekend. I'd love to see your lectures. Will they be web cammed or placed on you tube at a later time?

#572 3 years ago

Keep up the great work.
We have waited years for the Strange Science ramp, a few more weeks or month is nothing.
Looking forward to the release.

#573 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Will they be web cammed or placed on you tube at a later time?

I just checked and it will not be streamed since it is not a formal presentation.

#574 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm willing to bet freeplay is making his time worth it. He's probably making pretty good money from all this, and he deserves it. Who was it that was making ramps before? Whoever it was, no way they were pumping out new ramps at this rate. Void filled.

Yes I'm making enough to keep me going. I'm retired and don't really need much so I just pump the money back into supplies, tools and oh yeah, the new machine I'm building plus I learn something new with every new ramp. Still only marketing my stuff here on Pinside and the level of sales I get here keeps it comfortable....gotta be able to enjoy retirement somewhat, although the past month has been hectic. I've been contacted or had discussions with several major suppliers that want my ramps, but at the "wholesale" level it just does not work for me right now....basically make more money...but really work my ass off and new ramps would certainly slow down. For now I just like retailing which allows it to be self sufficient and I can keep making more ramps. It's not like the old days of very high production runs and the associated economies. By controlling the entire process I do not have issues like large inventories....basically I still offer all that I have produced by simply making them on demand. If I run out of something and get an order I usually make a few extra.

#575 3 years ago

Do you have ramps made for hurricane?

#576 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Yes I'm making enough to keep me going. I'm retired and don't really need much so I just pump the money back into supplies, tools and oh yeah, the new machine I'm building plus I learn something new with every new ramp. Still only marketing my stuff here on Pinside and the level of sales I get here keeps it comfortable....gotta be able to enjoy retirement somewhat, although the past month has been hectic. I've been contacted or had discussions with several major suppliers that want my ramps, but at the "wholesale" level it just does not work for me right now....basically make more money...but really work my ass off and new ramps would certainly slow down. For now I just like retailing which allows it to be self sufficient and I can keep making more ramps. It's not like the old days of very high production runs and the associated economies. By controlling the entire process I do not have issues like large inventories....basically I still offer all that I have produced by simply making them on demand. If I run out of something and get an order I usually make a few extra.

I don't need any ramps (as of now) for any of my games and I'm glad I don't as you've already taken on a TON of work. That being said I closely follow this thread because it's a blast watching you take on these projects and blow anyone else away in making these ramps (the few others whom have promised and failed miserably)...even to the fact of perfecting them beyond there originals. This is a very niche market and your service is keeping games playing and looking beautifully......as the colored and translucent ramps are super slick! All I can do is watch and smile....and be a supported down the pipeline

#578 3 years ago

I'm glad that you offer the stuff even down the road. People are always finding your service, or a machine that has been neglected and it sucks top find out that the piece you need was once reproduced, but no longer. That is my only real "complaint" about CPR , etc.. I understand all the logistics of it all, but if I find a game and start restoring it and discover that I need new plastics and they ran them x number of years ago and don't really plan on doing a rerun, it bites. It would be great if you they showed everything they have made in the past and offered a reorder list that when they hit say 10 "orders" they would rerun, plastics, playfields etc. I mean as far as the PF, the program would just have to be loaded in the machine, and it would cut it. Then if they are keeping the screens, and if not, it's not that hard to reburn a screen to do the screen print. Seems to me, plastics would be even easier. Now if from a legal standpoint, they get permission to run a product for x amount of time, that is a different story. Sorry for the novel. Just thanks for what you do...

#579 3 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

It would be great if you they showed everything they have made in the past and offered a reorder list that when they hit say 10 "orders" they would rerun, plastics, playfields etc.

I think Stu said they have to have 120 orders to re-run an item.

#580 3 years ago

I have access to a NOS time machine ramp, would that help with getting that one off the ground?

#581 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think Stu said they have to have 120 orders to re-run an item.

For what it's worth, per CPR's website they want 40-50 "unofficial" customers to bump a playfield from the "Boutique Zone" to the "Standard Pre-Orders" list. Not sure if that means they expect to sell somewhat less than 50 (on the theory that some unofficial customers may not step up when it's time to commit), or if they expect to pick up additional customers once the game's actually in the pre-production pipeline. But I interpreted it to mean that at least for some playfields, CPR would be willing to do a run in the 40-50 range. Of course the economics are probably different for plastics.

#582 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I have access to a NOS time machine ramp, would that help with getting that one off the ground?

I don't foresee any reproduction I would make being an exact copy of the original. I have two suitable examples loaned to me by a local Pinsider. The original design is basically impossible to mold with the materials I use. Very thin areas that with respect to a mold for this ramp(s) would need to be machined aluminum to withstand the forming...and separating process. As I sit in my chair here typing, the two originals are within sight...just such a crazy design. At this point I can only imagine a redesign and molded in two separate pieces....so much time to do that and even at $200+ a copy...probably more than most would want to spend. To be honest, at least at the moment, I think my time is better spent elsewhere. I suspect lacking a design epiphany on my part, that this reproduction is doubtful.

Collaboration? If there is a machinist out there that wants to create that mold in machined, polished aluminum, feel free to pm me and we'll work out a revenue share!

Never say never...but not today!

#583 3 years ago

If this is the right place for it, please add me to the rocky and bullwinkle wabac interest list. Thank you.

#584 3 years ago

Well, I'd like to put my request in for Mousin' Around, and Riverboat Gambler need their Main Ramps Replaced, and it looks like- it's not likely to happen for a while! My Pemberton Collection is going to be rampless!

#585 3 years ago
Quoted from bdPinball:

Well, I'd like to put my request in for Mousin' Around, and Riverboat Gambler need their Main Ramps Replaced, and it looks like- it's not likely to happen for a while! My Pemberton Collection is going to be rampless!

Expect both of those would have to wait to be considered on the new machine.

#586 3 years ago

Since I'm here typing I would like to get some feedback on the Wabac Ramp before I begin reproduction. Attached is the photo that mrbillishere sent me of the ramp he has loaned me. I do not presently have access to a R&B but will seek one out locally if I can't get the help here. In the photo I have circled an area towards the end of the ramp. I want to understand what is going on in the circled area...specifically at the "cut" I've looked on line for photos and there appears to be a hinge at the cut....but I can't understand any articulation at that point....is there some kind of movement there?

Secondly, the ramp loaned by mrbill.. was formed flat, but clearly there is an elevation change (uphill to flat) going on. Have any of you had this ramp out of your game and once out does it flex back to flat or is there an uphill bend to it? The reason I ask is that if there is an uphill bend, I want to incorporate that into my mold rather than form it flat. Primarily because if the ramp needs to be forced into mounting (from flat) it creates torque on the mounting that would be better avoided at least to some degree.

R&B mrbillishere (resized).jpg

#587 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

That's the way to do it Mark.

#588 3 years ago

How much is the center Hurricane ramp? And will you also be producing the long wrap around one? I'd like to buy both.

image (resized).jpeg

#589 3 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

3 people looking for a Cyclone Comet ramp in the last week and I'm sure more are out there. Seems to be a demand to make these?

Any plans to create these ramps?

#590 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Since I'm here typing I would like to get some feedback on the Wabac Ramp before I begin reproduction. Attached is the photo that mrbillishere sent me of the ramp he has loaned me. I do not presently have access to a R&B but will seek one out locally if I can't get the help here. In the photo I have circled an area towards the end of the ramp. I want to understand what is going on in the circled area...specifically at the "cut" I've looked on line for photos and there appears to be a hinge at the cut....but I can't understand any articulation at that point....is there some kind of movement there?
Secondly, the ramp loaned by mrbill.. was formed flat, but clearly there is an elevation change (uphill to flat) going on. Have any of you had this ramp out of your game and once out does it flex back to flat or is there an uphill bend to it? The reason I ask is that if there is an uphill bend, I want to incorporate that into my mold rather than form it flat. Primarily because if the ramp needs to be forced into mounting (from flat) it creates torque on the mounting that would be better avoided at least to some degree.

My RB ramp has the same thing in circled area.
With respect to incline, do you mean from entry to first turn with incline?
Mine does have incline.

#592 3 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

How much is the center Hurricane ramp? And will you also be producing the long wrap around one? I'd like to buy both.

The center Hurricane ramp is $140 and includes a new Lexan cover. As far as the long wrap around wrap, yes I do plan to make that one, but it will have to wait until I finish building the new machine.

Quoted from Fred802:

Any plans to create these ramps?

I do love making ramps for System 11's, but this will also have to wait for the new machine. After I get the current set of ramps done I will return to working on the machine.

#593 3 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

My RB ramp has the same thing in circled area.

So what purpose do the cuts in the sides do?

Quoted from vidgameseller:

They are formed flat

Works for me. So, I will reproduce exactly as picture above but will add an entrance flap. I will not provide the decals due to licensing requirements.

The ramp I have does not have a flap on it. If someone could post a photo of it that should be sufficient.

Thanks to all for your assistance....Mark

#594 3 years ago

The r&b does have that cut. It does flex upward into the other ramp. There are riveted slots on them where they join together. Tried to get a pic but doesn't come out well enough

#595 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

The r&b does have that cut. It does flex upward into the other ramp. There are riveted slots on them where they join together. Tried to get a pic but doesn't come out well enough

I just posted to the local group (Washington Pinball Crazies) to see if any one has one I can go take a look at.

#596 3 years ago

I knew I should've taken pics when I had them out Sunday.

#597 3 years ago

I've got a new ramp that i'll be fitting on my R&B as part of the rebuild. I can check it out tonight but the problem is that i don't know if it's NOS or a Repro.

Either way I can get some pictures and post them later.

#598 3 years ago

These are from the HEP website... There are others there that might show what they want.

38_G (resized).jpg

37_G (resized).jpg

35_G (resized).jpg

23_G (resized).jpg

#599 3 years ago

Also if you download the manual, there are a couple of pages that give some specifics about the ramp, not sure if its anything you can use or not, but doesn't hurt to look.

#600 3 years ago

Sure would like green Grand lizard ramps....come on, Mark!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Tan Valley, AZ
$ 137.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
There are 3741 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 75.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside