IMG_7483.gif
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 103.
#501 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Looks like you are right...so I probably won't do them. Like to do ones that are not available anywhere else.

Wow!! That was fast. When I was restoring my machine back in Feb-Mar they didn't even have WW ramps listed on their site and the only place that had stock was Marco. Guess I need to check more often with them.

#502 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Wow!! That was fast. When I was restoring my machine back in Feb-Mar they didn't even have WW ramps listed on their site and the only place that had stock was Marco. Guess I need to check more often with them.

I bought my whirlwind ramp from starship in october

#503 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Transporter is another one that we could probably vacuum form a reasonable replacement.

Oh Yeah!!

#504 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Transporter is another one that we could probably vacuum form a reasonable replacement.

+1 for this. Just picked one up and the ramp is trashed. Do you need someone to send in a donor to make a mold?

#505 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

We've talked about several of the injection molded ramps that likely will never get made again as injection molded pieces as the molds are likely gone and the cost to make new ones is just way too much.

That makes me sad cuz there will come a day when the game will be scraped and sold for parts because of that. A piece of pinball history will be gone then. 3d printing can work magic soooooo. I know it won't look the same but it would be better then nothing.

#506 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

+1 for this. Just picked one up and the ramp is trashed. Do you need someone to send in a donor to make a mold?

I'm in!!

#507 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

congrats Mark!!!!

Excited to play it sometime!!!

#508 7 years ago

+1 for the WhoDunnit center ramp. I could use one.

#509 7 years ago

Transporter the Rescue owners that are in need of a crossover ramp should check out post # 30 on this thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-nos-crossover-ramp-for-transporter-the-rescue#post-3204092

#510 7 years ago

Who of the who dunnit owners has no need for a new center ramp?
I'd be in, if it is affordable.

#511 7 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Transporter the Rescue owners that are in need of a crossover ramp should check out post # 30 on this thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-nos-crossover-ramp-for-transporter-the-rescue#post-3204092

Looks like Rick has made it official that he will reproduce the Transporter ramp...Very good news!

#512 7 years ago

An we strive for the Data East Time Machine ramp? $200 is no problem for me.

#513 7 years ago

Who Dunnit all the way

#514 7 years ago

Mark, when will your new larger machine be ready? Needing right long ramp for Mousin Around, long wiggly one over shooter lane.

#515 7 years ago

Machine is still a while out and already have a long list of ramps I need to do, so can't really say if or when I will get to that one.

#516 7 years ago

Package from Pinsider scottmaggie arrived today. Will start on molds today for GNR and Data East Star Trek subway.

IMG_1180_(resized).JPGIMG_1180_(resized).JPG

#518 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh your gonna be busy.

Been very busy... Thought I'd give an update as well as solicit some feedback.

Strange Science... I have molded the blue Anti-Gravity ramp and the associated clear ramp as well as the Particle Separator ramp. I should have these molds finished by Sunday.

Data East Star Trek subway ramp.....This has also been successfully molded and just needs to be finished...probably by Monday or Tuesday. Of this gaggle of ramps I am working on right now, this one will likely be the first available.

Guns and Roses... I will mold the R ramp this evening. I still have to build the mold for the G ramp which I will begin tomorrow. I was asked if I would mold this flat (would be bent to fit into the game) or with the ramp properly shaped. Answer looks to be...not flat, but nearly how it should be shaped to fit into the game. I say nearly as there is a very close clearance at one point on the ramp which has to be taken into consideration in the mold design.

I've attached a photo of the R ramp with a couple areas circled. The ramp I am using to model from has suffered damage in the light blue circled area. The damage (crack) started at the rivet holes for the mounting bracket, traveled down to the cut-out for the switch actuator then continued out to the end of the ramp. The cracking started at the rivet holes....I'll come back to this in a second..

In the photo I have also circled in white a cut-out on the right side of the ramp. I see no need for this cut-out other than to enable riveting of the switch mounting bracket.

Is this damage to the R ramp typically what others have experienced? If so I might be able to offer a solution to this problem it any are interested. Instead of a metal mounting bracket for the switch on the R ramp, I could fashion a plastic switch mount (even color it red) and cement it to the side of the ramp. This would not only eliminate the rivet holes as a source of damage, but the cut-out on the opposite side of the ramp would not be needed since there would be no rivets....cleaner look .

I'm probably a couple weeks from forming the GNR ramps but thought this would be a good time to solicit feedback...and anything else you want me to know about these ramps.

I've also created new punch ramps for Champion Pub as well as a Data East Shooter button housing.

image-12[1]_(resized).jpgimage-12[1]_(resized).jpg

IMG_1171_(resized).JPGIMG_1171_(resized).JPG

#519 7 years ago

It isn't damage, they are all like that. Both my R ramps have cutouts on the left and right side.

#520 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

It isn't damage, they are all like that. Both my R ramps have cutouts on the left and right side.

Obviously the cutout for the switch actuator is unavoidable. However, the rivets could be eliminated with a plastic cemented switch holder. As far as the cutout on the right side, it is only there to enable riveting of the switch mount.

#521 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Been very busy... Thought I'd give an update as well as solicit some feedback.
Strange Science... I have molded the blue Anti-Gravity ramp and the associated clear ramp as well as the Particle Separator ramp. I should have these molds finished by Sunday.

*thumb up* that's great news.

beside the 3 anti-gravity ramps I would be in for 1 or two blue Particle Seperator ramps as well.

#522 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

awesome and thanks!

#523 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Machine is still a while out and already have a long list of ramps I need to do, so can't really say if or when I will get to that one.

Add me to list if you are planning on doing demolition man. My skill shot ramp is the worst of my three, but I'd replace them all if I could!

#524 7 years ago

I'm starting lists for Strange Science and DE Star Trek subway. Already started a list for GNR.

For Strange Science I will be offering the original blue Anti-Gravity ramp, the small ramp it exits to as well as the Particle Separator ramp. At the moment, considering the small Anti-Gravity exit ramp and the Particle Separator ramp in the blue as the Anti-Gravity if there is interest.

PM me if interested in any of these.

Mark

#525 7 years ago

Mark-
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to you personally, for going to all the effort and trouble to make these ramps available. Still don't know how or when we'll get to Excalibur, but there will come a time...................

All the best, and THANKS!

Greg

#526 7 years ago
Quoted from swanng:

Mark-
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to you personally, for going to all the effort and trouble to make these ramps available. Still don't know how or when we'll get to Excalibur, but there will come a time...................
All the best, and THANKS!
Greg

His craftsmanship just amazes me.

#527 7 years ago

I totally agree. Any more consideration to the Data East Star Warp ramp please?

#528 7 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

I totally agree. Any more consideration to the Data East Star Warp ramp please?

Still scratching my head on that one. I'm busy working on GnR, DE Star Trek subway and the Strange Science ramps. I keep looking at it expecting some epiphany which I think would make the reproduction simpler. I just don't know if the price would be sufficiently acceptable to make this worth the effort. No matter how I would do it, it will take much longer to engineer than probably anything I have already done....this thought makes me think my time is better spent elsewhere.

Not giving up on it, just hovering on the back burner.

#529 7 years ago

Rocky and Bullwinkle Wabac ramp..... Many thanks to Pinsider mrbillishere. Later this week he will be sending me an unused NOS Wabac ramp. Once I receive, production will be in about 3 to 4 weeks.

Cheers!!!

R&B_mrbillishere_(resized).jpgR&B_mrbillishere_(resized).jpg

#530 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Rocky and Bullwinkle Wabac ramp..... Many thanks to Pinsider mrbillishere. Later this week he will be sending me an unused NOS Wabac ramp. Once I receive, production will be in about 3 to 4 weeks.
Cheers!!!

Awesome news!

#531 7 years ago

FANTASTIC!

#532 7 years ago

Mentioned earlier in thread, Who Dunnit? Center ramp, I'm on board for when ever you do it Mark.

#533 7 years ago

+1 for the data east time machine ramp. I need both back ramps if anyone has a broken worn out of either one.

#534 7 years ago

Count me in for a STDE ramp. Under all that dirt I found a fixed crack!

#535 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Nice! I can't wait to fix mine

#536 7 years ago

Nice, I need a g ramp and maybe a backup r

#537 7 years ago

Progress report.... The Strange Science and DE Star Trek subway molds are finished so I thought I'd do a little forming today. Still need to form the other Anti-Gravity short ramp tonight but thought I'd post a photo of some freshly formed stuff while there was still daylight..

Top left is the DE Star Trek subway
Bottom Left is the Strange Science Particle Separator ramp
On the right are 4 of the Anti-Gravity ramps

IMG_1201_(resized).JPGIMG_1201_(resized).JPG

#539 7 years ago

Nice!!

#540 7 years ago

So cool to see new ramps being made.

#541 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Yeah and he keeps getting faster and faster with his design and production. He's a real Pro.

#542 7 years ago

I hope he makes some for machines that I own.

#543 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I hope he makes some for machines that I own.

I went to check your collection, but it was private.

#544 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I went to check your collection, but it was private.

Only people who follow me can view it. It's a neat new function on pinside but I'll tell you so don't have to do it.

BSD, Hook, City Slicker are the only games I have that have ramps. Mainly I was hoping that if I buy a game in the future and it needs a ramp, you'll be making them. Although I may end up sending you my City Slicker ramps someday. It's a rare game so it would probably just be a one off for me.

#545 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Indeed.

Given the "sad trombone" level of output from Starship Fantasy after they took over the Pinball Inc. ramp business, it's fantastic to see someone not only turning them out like gangbusters, but also seemingly enjoying doing it and being super-receptive to community input and suggestions.

#546 7 years ago

I could use a City Slicker ramp. Only 300 of that title made. Those anti gravity Ramps look great.
Mark, how will you make them blue? Dye them?

#547 7 years ago

What did you end up deciding on the time machine ramps?

#549 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I could use a City Slicker ramp.

Really? There must be more owners around here than I thought. I actually have a pretty good set of ramps and an extra set that's broken in a few places.

#550 7 years ago

In for a anti-gravity!

Anyone need a Hollywood heat ramp? Mine does and they are usually pretty busted up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Palm Beach, FL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton Twp, MI
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

There are 5,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.