IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
IMG_1873 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
DSCN8848 (resized).JPG
IMG_7422.gif
IMG_1870 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 List of remade ramps Posted by Freeplay40 (8 years ago)

Post #200 F-14 ramp mold Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #210 F-14 ramp preview with various colors Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #232 Examples of the F-14 ramp installed in a game Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #241 F-14 ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #258 Hurricane ramp form test Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #264 Original Hurricane ramp differences Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #289 Hurricane ramp finished Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #305 Finished hurricane ramp photi Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Post #310 Finished hurricane ramp Posted by Freeplay40 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 5,092 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 102.
#1 8 years ago

UPDATED 6/30/2023

Currently offering the following ramps in clear and in dyed PETG. Most ramps at this point are made on demand.

High Speed – Redesigned to eliminate the cover. Available in clear ($90) or transparent red ($100). Assembly services offered $25 Spring Steel ball guide $5 Molex extension for Stop Light $8

Space Station – Transparent blue “plug and play” ($145). Ramp is complete including new micro switch and Molex harness to plug into the game harness

Genesis- Two ramp clear set ($165 for both)

WWFRR- Banzai ramp. Designed for greater strength at the exits ($120). New Lexan clear cover ($12)

Heavy Metal Meltdown – Ramp and cover $145. New flap $13 Material twice as thick as original.

Swords of Fury – Available in clear, transparent red and transparent blue. Upper ramp clear $135 lower ramp clear $45. Colors Add $10 upper/$10 lower. Assembly services offered for upper ramp $25

F-14 Tomcat – Clear $90 Red or blue $100 Assembly service offered $25

Hurricane – Center ramp including new cover $140 Includes all brackets

Data East Launch Button housing $25

Strange Science – Particle Separator ramp $120 (Upgraded to .150" plastic for strength) Anti-Gravity ramp $45 Anti-Gravity Exit ramp $42

Guns and Roses – G ramp $155 R Ramp $125 (includes new cover) SOLD OUT....Will start new interest list.

DE Star Trek 25 – Subway ramp $80 (no hardware) $98 with all hardware

DE Batman Joker Ramp $90 No decal

Rocky and Bullwinkle – WABAC ramp $115 Ramp has two unique brackets…if sent to me I install them for free

Hook - Rufio ramp $100 50% thicker plastic and includes the extended lower ramp protector like on MNF

Doctor Who – Time Expander cover $55– 50% thicker plastic

Comet – Transparent orange Cork Screw ramp $80 Cycle Jump ramp Black ABS $60 Transparent red $65.. Center ramp, reverse formed and thicker plastic $147 (Includes decal)

Pinbot/Jackbot – New complete lift ramp assembly $65, new main ramp in two color (Blue/Red) $130 and new visor $50

Black Belt – New transparent red ramp $155 Add support bracket installed for additional $15

Transporter – Upper left ramp $135, right ramp $80, Cross Over bowl cover $80.

Black Rose Whirlpool ramp $120 and left ramp $125. Includes new installed ramp protectors and all flaps.

Radical Vertical Ramp $140 (Includes new cover piece)
Radical Upper Left ramp $125 (Version with no VUK)
Radical Upper Left ramp $135 (Version with VUK Cut-out and cover)
Radical Upper Left ramp $125 (Version with functioning VUK)
Radical Upper Right ramp $75
Radical "X" ramp $285 (Includes the lower right extension, 2 associated plastics and ball stop pad)

Demolition Man - Right Diverter ramp with decals $170 (Add $7 for exit bracket)
Demolition Man - Center ramp with decal $120 (Add $7 for exit bracket)
Demolition Man - Left ramp with decal $115 (Add $7 for exit bracket)
Demolition Man - Auto Tunnel $75 (No Slots in top)
Demolition Man - Cryo-Claw plastic transparent blue $100
Demolition Man - Cryo-Claw plastic clear $90
Demolition Man - Subway ramp $55
Demolition Man Full Set Discount $-30

Next up..

Grand Lizard
Judge Dredd

#2 8 years ago

Hey good idea Mark. My Space Station clear blue ramp is still goin strong and lookin good.

#3 8 years ago

If you made replacement left / right ramps for Fire!, people would kiss your feet.. Even if they weren't painted or decaled.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If you made replacement left / right ramps for Fire!, people would kiss your feet.. Even if they weren't painted or decaled.

If there was enough interest I could do those....but not the artwork. Probably do them in clear then lobby PPS to reproduce the decals.

#5 8 years ago

I'll probably be interested in the F-14 ramp, once it's done.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'll probably be interested in the F-14 ramp, once it's done.

Bump for F-14 Tomcat ramps.

#7 8 years ago

I'm anxious to do F-14 since I have a really nice one.

#8 8 years ago

Guys... Please be careful when screwing the ramps in to the playfield, I cracked my new space station blue ramp today by tightening the screw in just a tad too much - I'm certain this is the case with all pinball ramps.

With that being said, out of all the things I've bought pinball, this is the absolute best quality part I've gotten. And Mark is a dream to deal with

#9 8 years ago

Sorry to hear that. Yes acrylic is more brittle than PETG. When installing the new ramp, if the holes in the playfield under the flap do not align with the holes I made in the ramp it is best to fill the old holes in the playfield, position the ramp, mark the new holes...remove the ramp and predrill new mounting pilot holes into the playfield...then install the ramp and be cautious.

Don't worry Chosen_S...we'll work something out for you.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Guys... Please be careful when screwing the ramps in to the playfield, I cracked my new space station blue ramp today by tightening the screw in just a tad too much - I'm certain this is the case with all pinball ramps.

I've done this one too many times, new and old. :/

#11 8 years ago

Outstanding work Freeplay. I'll be purchasing anything concerning PinBot.

#12 8 years ago

Quality of my ramp for the WWFRR was great. Do not hesitate to do business with Mark (Freeplay40).

#13 8 years ago

I second that!^^^^^^
Mark, many thanks! My ramp arrived promptly, and fit great. Looks and performs way better. Great guy to deal with! Don't hesitate. And thank you for doing this great work!

#14 8 years ago

Any idea how you'll handle all the hardware on the F-14 ramp? Rivets-a-plenty on there

#15 8 years ago

Any chance Batman Forever ramps are on the horizon? I think even in clear, they would sell like hot cakes or some other sort of hot breakfast type food.

#16 8 years ago

Transporter the Rescue crossover ramp and/or whirlpool bowl. The ones that are nearly always yellowed and melted from the inset flasher. It's a different material than traditional ramps but any attempt at a repro would be welcome!

#17 8 years ago

Mark,
I know there are lots of folks out there that would like to have a replacement main jump ramp for Rollergames, yours truly included. Now that the Plastic sets are available from CPR this would be a great addtion to most games that have blown out ramp entrances..
Thanks,

#18 8 years ago

WCS 94 ramps please!

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

Any idea how you'll handle all the hardware on the F-14 ramp? Rivets-a-plenty on there

Well, for High Speed and Swords of Fury I have offered assembly services....basically send me your parts and I will clean and attach them to the new ramp. Might be a little more difficult and time consuming for international customers. Again I would offer that service for F-14.

Trying to help others learn how to do their own riveting, when I did Swords of Fury, I did purchase and offer hand held rivet punches and then supplied the necessary rivets and washers to do the job yourself. On the flip side, things can go bad when doing riveting, so just one more reason to let me do it for you.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Transporter the Rescue crossover ramp and/or whirlpool bowl. The ones that are nearly always yellowed and melted from the inset flasher. It's a different material than traditional ramps but any attempt at a repro would be welcome!

Definitely some injection molded parts there. I would have to see it. I think in some cases we might be able to come up with vacuum formed solutions for some pieces. This just reminded me that I want to see if I can do the Elevator ramp for Who Dunnit. Need to give Bill a call and get my hands on that one.

#21 8 years ago

Looking forward to the pinbot parts...

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Again I would offer that service for F-14

In that case, I'm looking for a nice red ramp for my Second Sortie. Time to blow some cobwebs off that project finally!

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

In that case, I'm looking for a nice red ramp for my Second Sortie. Time to blow some cobwebs off that project finally!

I figured you would need a red one. I might be able to save you some down time if when you and I are both ready. I have a spare fully populated ramp. I could assemble you one and mail it off and then you could mail me the parts off yours!

#24 8 years ago

Actually I've got a spare populated ramp too, so could send you the parts with no downtime. Drop me a line when you're getting closer to being ready and we can sort something out!

cheers

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Always interested in what folks want.

Hey Mark.
I've purchased a few of these and can't say enough about the work you're doing! My HS and Space Station look awesome!
I know I've said it before and I may be only one of 3 people who would buy it... but Bally Black Belt/Karate Fight would be awesome. They are always trashed and the production run and number of surviving machines is so limited that I doubt anyone else will ever repro these.
I know your HMM ramps were a bit of a favor since it's in the same category as Black Belt... but if you're ever feeling generous again, I'm more than happy to send you my ramp for a pattern.

I'm really looking forward to the HMM!

For something a little more popular, I seem to recall that the left (Ferris Wheel) ramp on Cyclone was impossible to find.
I heard Pinball Inc was in the process of making them before they closed up... but no word as of yet. I have the other two but would love the last one.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Hey Mark.
I've purchased a few of these and can't say enough about the work you're doing! My HS and Space Station look awesome!
I know I've said it before and I may be only one of 3 people who would buy it... but Bally Black Belt/Karate Fight would be awesome. They are always trashed and the production run and number of surviving machines is so limited that I doubt anyone else will ever repro these.
I know your HMM ramps were a bit of a favor since it's in the same category as Black Belt... but if you're ever feeling generous again, I'm more than happy to send you my ramp for a pattern.
I'm really looking forward to the HMM!
For something a little more popular, I seem to recall that the left (Ferris Wheel) ramp on Cyclone was impossible to find.
I heard Pinball Inc was in the process of making them before they closed up... but no word as of yet. I have the other two but would love the last one.

Never say never. There is a chance I will do this one as I have a local friend that has one as well and has hit me up for reproduction.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

Actually I've got a spare populated ramp too, so could send you the parts with no downtime. Drop me a line when you're getting closer to being ready and we can sort something out!
cheers

Will do!

#28 8 years ago

Sign me up for any ramp(s) you do for Who Dunnit.

#29 8 years ago

Mark's ramp work is amazing, thank you so much for bringing life back to my WWFRR!

#30 8 years ago

I am another one who would be up for a Bally transporter ramp even if it was vacuum formed. also looking
at Gottlieb Party animal ramp and still looking for a Gottlieb Spring break ramp

#31 8 years ago

Mark, for starters... the SoF ramps are beautiful, thanks again!

Have you ever considered the subway ramps for STTNG? While not as glamorous, there would be no need to stock different colors, and with the number of units out there it seems like it might be a decent seller.

I would pick up one on Day 1!

#32 8 years ago

The subway ramps are already out there from various vendors... for example....

https://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-STTNG7

#33 8 years ago

I was hoping for another option... and Mark's stuff is top notch.

#34 8 years ago

I would love to get replacement left and right ramps for Jokerz. They make the upper playfield but I can't find the other two. I would even take the center elevator ramp.

#35 8 years ago

G ramp for guns n roses would be awesome

#36 8 years ago

Checkpoint......get to the checkpoint

I sold my HS before I bought the ramp for it, but man did they look good!

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

The subway ramps are already out there from various vendors... for example....
https://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-STTNG7

I think it would be best if I focus on ramps that simply are not available otherwise.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

G ramp for guns n roses would be awesome

While I could do the red ramp in acrylic, I don't think I will be able to find that yellow in a formable plastic. Not sure how well acrylic would stand up on this game. Probably best solution would be to form the ramps in clear and paint the undersides with candy type transparent paint....I'm just not ready for that process yet.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I would love to get replacement left and right ramps for Jokerz. They make the upper playfield but I can't find the other two. I would even take the center elevator ramp.

Jokerz are very doable...However the artwork is an issue. I would produce in clear only. Are those decals available? I didn't see them on Bay Area or Planetary.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Jokerz are very doable...However the artwork is an issue. I would produce in clear only. Are those decals available? I didn't see them on Bay Area or Planetary.

Most decals are salvagable if you're careful. They will need to be cleaned of adhesive, and then a new strip of clear 3m double sided tape attached:

#41 8 years ago

Data East Teenage Mutant Turtles ramp please! I haven't been able to find any nice ones at all

#42 8 years ago

I'd be in on F14, and Pinbot. Any chance of Grand Lizard in green or red maybe?

#43 8 years ago

I would be in for Who Dunnit center ramp,Indy 500 left ramp ,jokerz ramps

#44 8 years ago

Jokerz decals can be removed and reattached using the 3m 467mp tape. I've reused the center ramp and elevator decals so far in this resurrection project. I made my own elevator out of lexan since those aren't available.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

Any chance Batman Forever ramps are on the horizon? I think even in clear, they would sell like hot cakes or some other sort of hot breakfast type food.

I'm in for BF ramps. Played it tonight & I'm a parts hoarder for keeper games!

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Bally Black Belt/Karate Fight would be awesome. They are always trashed and the production run and number of surviving machines is so limited that I doubt anyone else will ever repro these.

I'd be in for the black belt as well.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

I'd go for them but the left one is a MONSTER. I wonder if Mark could do that one. I'd want green.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'd go for them but the left one is a MONSTER. I wonder if Mark could do that one. I'd want green.

OK...I'm curious. Can anyone tell if the green ramps in Batman Forever are actually green plastic or are they painted. The reason I ask is that colored PETG is basically no longer available domestically.....unless you order about 2,000# of it from overseas. As far as colors in acrylic, very few are readily available in extruded acrylic. Tons of colors available in Cast acrylic, but cast cannot be vacuum formed. I did ultimately find a source for the transparent dark green but it is a little spendy.

On another note, ramps are either formed over a male or female mold depending on the design of the ramp. When you form over a female mold (imagine the mold and ramp being right side up), the plastic will be the thickest on the top of the ramp and will then get thinner as it pulls and stretches down into the mold. When formed over a male mold (imagine the ramp upside down) the plastic is the thickest on the bottom of the ramp which is better for strength where the ball is. I was just looking at the BF ramps on the IPDB and it appears to me that those would have been formed over a female mold and given the depth of the draws, especially on the left one that the plastic must have thinned significantly. Acrylic would not be a good material choice for these...in my opinion. I would think the only way to reproduce these ramps would be in clear PETG and then see if they could be painted transparent green....certainly something I will need to look into. I'm thinking automotive candy clear with a flexibility additive....if that's even available.

Got to be some professional painters out there... what do 'ya think?

#49 8 years ago

I would be in for a Black Belt also. Funny you already have three requests for a ~600 production run machine.

#50 8 years ago

The Batman ramps look like green plastic from all the pictures I can see. I found (but never tried) that you can dye PETG.

http://www.tk560.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=3459

Looks kinda fiddly, but might be worth experimenting on some scrap pieces if you have any.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
There are 5,092 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.