Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Neal_W
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hey all! Starting to plan my Trip to FreePlay Florida!

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to host the meet and greet party. Being my first time at this show I need some help! I normaly like to pick a Bar/Restaurant near by within walking distance.

I thought about doing a suite party but I don't have any access to games to put in the room, so that makes it a bit harder.

JJ

1 week later
    2 weeks later
    #3 5 years ago

Going to bump this back to top. Anyone got any ideas. The resort has a few bars including one pool side we can do, or a few within a mile of the hotel.

1 week later
    #4 5 years ago

Anyone know if freeplay will have monster bash remakes? It is this weekend.

#5 5 years ago

Best to do at the closest Bar in the Hotel....Pool is always nice.
    The distance to other places isnt bad, but the local Village Group will
    tend to hang at the Hotel..

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from monte_:

Yes it will.

This is a new hotel, for the show. The Caribe Royal website touts multiple bars. Can't go wrong with poolside in FL with bites and booze.

"Feeling thirsty? Order a cool drink and a bite to eat from Calypso's Pool Restaurant, located poolside."

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from monte_:

Yes they will

#8 5 years ago

We are in the back right corner area! When you are facing bar look for my big badge

#9 5 years ago

Look for your what?

#10 5 years ago

Ugh, missed you guys. Going back on Sunday? Still looking forward to getting an official pinside badge for shows.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Ugh, missed you guys. Going back on Sunday? Still looking forward to getting an official pinside badge for shows.

Heading back to show now still here?

#12 5 years ago

Sorry, already home. Thanks for trying. Will catch up with you at the next show!

#13 5 years ago

...Gexchange, I was asking on your whereabouts Saturday. The registration guy said you didn't make it to the show. Misunderstanding on his part. Oh well - thanks for the efforts though.

I must say - disappointed in the quality, age and playability of pinballs available to the general public, especially after I discovered all the quality machines where placed within a separate room and only for tournament use. What's this all about? If it wasn't for Curly bringing his usual lineup of new, modern and fully-functional machines, there wouldn't have been shit available. One Iron Maiden, one Houdini (Project Pinball's), a broken WhiteWater.
    Really - how many obsolete, beat-up games like the Genesis, HD, Lights-Camera-Action, or Eight Ball Deluxe's can we stomach?

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nickrc3:

I discovered all the quality machines where placed within a separate room and only for tournament use.

I said the exact same thing at my first show 3yrs ago. I just finished shopping my first pin (Fish Tales) and was looking forward to trying someone elses FT at the show, but the only one there was in the tourney room with a bunch of other titles, and I was bummed.

Fast forward today ---> I'm the new guy in the tourney room. (finished 17th of 75 players in the classics tourney which feels great)

Regarding the free play room - I found all the pins working well myself, short or no lines and a lot of them. As you entered the room, my eyes were drawn to a beautiful looking EATPM that played like new, in a great row of solid state and EM pins to the right. I discovered that Big Brave is a great EM.
    To the left there was a Future Spa which I can never walk past without trying to finesse a good score on and next to that an IJ.
    Behind that was a great playing IM. There were two Wh20's, and the one that was just restored / for sale that I tried, played perfect, and was super fun. Next to that was a perfectly working Quberts Quest, which I have never seen before. I recall seeing, but did not try TNA, LotR, FG, Devils Dare, JP, Guardians, Freddy, Centaur, Meteor, RFM, Stargate. (and the show has arcades, consoles, panels, vendors, Billy and Walter, Keith A, Ice bath video game contest, and 2 of the stars from the film Tron, the Space Ghost guy and a ton of things I didn't get to)

EBD obsolete? I will start accepting all EBD's at my home for retired pins.

Many are 20-30+ year old pins, and may look a little worn and not all are my favorites, but the show gives me a chance to try a variety that I'm not going to see on route or own and I get to judge them for myself, and get a better feeling for what I like, and stir up some good memories. (some lucky dog snagged that $1200 Future Spa!)

I would recommend that if you find a game that is not working, turn it off. A tech will come by, check it, and repair any issue, add credits, etc.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay-florida-meet-and-greet-suggestions-?hl=nickrc3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.