Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0FreedomWork-01 (resized).jpg
867F36EA-B5B2-40B9-A5D6-C6DE00B27AA1 (resized).jpeg
45DFD863-8FA6-48A9-BEE8-15CBA31D5671 (resized).jpeg
IMAG0527_1.jpg
IMAG0528_1.jpg
IMAG0529_1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jetmechinnc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I’m been working on my friends freedom pin. Was not working originally and super dirty to include an old wasp nest. Now lights are on, and the game playsish. Problem is the bonus stepper beneath the Playfield doesn’t step down to trip the switch to end ball play, nor does the ball kicker in the trow work. If i start a game, usually the cam motor starts spinning, all scores reset to zero yet the number 1 and 2 score reset coils in the back box keep firing. If I trip the bonus stepper manually to break the contacts by manipulating the upper coil, the coils stop firing and game is ready to play. The bonus coil works adding points, but not the count down coil on the steeper unit. If the ball goes goes out of play and trips the trough switch, the bonus points just keep going and going. Without a manual I’m suffering with what does what. IPDB only has the wiring diagram. Was easier with my Grand Prix EM to troubleshoot since I had the manual that told you what powers what in sequence. Any help would be greatfully appreciated. What needs to be energized for this to work? I’ll study the wiring diagram some more. Seems like I’m close to bringing this old great game back from the dead, just need some help please to finish the job.

Thank you
Jason

#3 5 years ago

Thank you very much for this Yeoldpinplayer! This should help me a lot! I look forward to checking out ipdb and seeing the rest of your manual!

Jason

#4 5 years ago

Can someone tell me what these wires go to? They are on the coin door and currently disconnected. Should they be hooked up to something or just leave them disconnected. I believe the colors are black and red stripe and gray and red stripe. Trying to see if these are part of this games problems or not. Not seeing a specific part on the wiring diagram for the coin door.

Thank you,
Jason

45DFD863-8FA6-48A9-BEE8-15CBA31D5671 (resized).jpeg45DFD863-8FA6-48A9-BEE8-15CBA31D5671 (resized).jpeg

867F36EA-B5B2-40B9-A5D6-C6DE00B27AA1 (resized).jpeg867F36EA-B5B2-40B9-A5D6-C6DE00B27AA1 (resized).jpeg

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

the Coin-Lockout-Coi

So if there is no coin relay on the door, I assume the mechanism was removed long before for home use, the wires can stay disconnected and I’ll put on terminal end caps on them instead of the persons tape. Thank you Rolf!

Now need to figure out my main problem still.

In game startup, the motor runs, scores go to zero, but 1st and 2nd reset relays keep firing in the back box. The bonus score relay coil is energized in the cabinet yet the bonus score stepper unit on the underside of the play field never counts down. If I manually trip the bonus score relay in the cabinet, or manually reset the bonus score stepper, the motor and 1&2 reset coils stop chattering and the game can be played. Once the ball drains however, the motor turns and bonus points start adding on the score reels but the bonus unit stepper under the play field again doesn’t count down. The one coil on this stepper does pull and add bonus positions , however the other coil never pulls to “count down” the bonus points.

Driving me crazy! Will be worth it though if all of us collectively can bring this game back to life!

Thank you,
Jason

#7 5 years ago

This isn’t on the wiring diagram on IPDB, I assume it’s in the manual? Think I’ll need to order this if my troubleshooting can continue successfully since it seems I’m working partially in the dark.

Jason

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jetmechinnc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freedom-pinball-bonus-stepper-inop-game-won%e2%80%99t-play?tu=jetmechinnc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.