(Topic ID: 237368)

Free speech in pinball?

By UNCgump

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aholes (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

http://tiltforums.com/t/toxic-behavior-continues-in-2019/4898/35

Read the closing post. Curious for thoughts all around, since we allow them here.

#2 5 years ago

Funny how often Pinside gets mentioned on other forums.

Pinside might not be perfect. Pinside might have some doozies of threads getting off track.

Moderators work hard to keep things rolling. People can skip reading things they don't like or drain a thread.

I like Pinside. The good far outweighs any bad. That is why it keeps growing. Along with pinball. If Pinside was really as bad as we often hear about, it would shrivel up and die. At the end of the day, the good wins. And that is Pinside.

That is my thoughts.
    LTG : )

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from UNCgump:

http://tiltforums.com/t/toxic-behavior-continues-in-2019/4898/35
    Read the closing post. Curious for thoughts all around, since we allow them here.

Mods can do whatever they want on their sites. Doesn’t bother me in the slightest. If It did bother me I would just stop visiting the site. No big deal.

#4 5 years ago

Just wasted 20 minutes reading that whining falderal with general petty blather. Uptight argue with a gnat discussion going nowhere and finally closed by "The Founder" whose "My way or the highway" attitude insured instant dislike.
    Basically he said if he could run,control and own pinside he could post here.

#5 5 years ago

Compared to the other forums that I am on, mostly cars, this place is wonderful. Don't change a thing here.

#6 5 years ago

Wow that was horrible. Thanks for reminding me why I never use the Tilt forums. Talk about a shitty echo-chamber.
    If I wanted to deal with everyone patting each other on the back then I’d go back to Facebook.

Pinside rules, it can be rough like the Wild West and that’s the entire point of freedom. You can choose to participate or not, but the people in charge aren’t going to strongarm you into some cult of personality.

Bless Robin!

#7 5 years ago
    aholes (resized).jpgaholes (resized).jpg
    #8 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]

Funny you post this. There's a simple rule that I follow: Don't be a dick.

It's pretty easy, if someone disagrees with you, that's fine, just don't be a dick about it and move on.

#9 5 years ago

To add, the initial post was about people behaving poorly at tournaments and TDs (the OP at least) were getting sick of dealing with that behavior. Having a set of rules at an event is completely reasonable. Cursing at the top of your lungs, rage tilting, coffin-dropping, etc at an event is not cool, especially since 99% of the time, it's another person's machine. So yeah, see my previous post on how this can all be mitigated

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Funny how often Pinside gets mentioned on other forums.
    Pinside might not be perfect. Pinside might have some doozies of threads getting off track.
    Moderators work hard to keep things rolling. People can skip reading things they don't like or drain a thread.
    I like Pinside. The good far outweighs any bad. That is why it keeps growing. Along with pinball. If Pinside was really as bad as we often hear about, it would shrivel up and die. At the end of the day, the good wins. And that is Pinside.
    That is my thoughts.
    LTG : )

Its funny, before I got a few pinball machines, I always heard stories about pinside around the arcade community. Since getting my pins, this place is by far the best resource I have found for pinball related topics/help/etc. There is some drama of course, however thats just added entertainment .

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-speech-in-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.