(Topic ID: 271359)

FREE Playfield Scan Restoration

By SilverballSleuth

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverballSleuth.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

So, I’m presently working on Alien Star, to make a NOS quality scan, available to all, for free, for educational purposes.

I’d like to tackle another one straight away when I’m done with this one.

Here’s what you need to qualify;

1. The game must be considered to be “rare.” I’m gonna say 1,500~ units or less.

2. A complete Playfield Scan.

3. A reply in this game thread with the title and statement saying you have a scan or can get one done quickly.

I’ll choose the winner in a week or so. The more upvotes on a given response will act as a vote, and that will influence my decision.

Cheers!

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

Out of curiosity, what exactly are you offering? Are you going to touch up the digital image and get it ready for print? Are you actually applying the print to the game?

I’m offering digital touch ups to any playfield scan you might have, and I’ll send it back nice and shiny. Up to you to get it printed.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

What is the best way to get a playfield scan these days? To me the scaling has to be perfect across the whole playfield in order to line up the new art.
    Second question is can I buy or build a scanner that will work for a reasonably cost?

The technical aspect of the scanning itself is not in my wheelhouse.

Yes, the scaling does indeed have to be perfect.

2 weeks later
    #10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

City Slicker. We finished scanning mine. Playfield is trash, the paint on these games is trash and all of them are usually pretty badly worn. They only made 300 and I think there’s maybe 15-30 floating around the US and that’s being generous, I’ve seen less then 10 for sale and very little documentation. It’s also a terrible game, RFAR strongly applies.
    However, I don’t believe in trashing games that suck if they’re rare enough, as they are good examples of pinball history and they can be fun for casual play.

How trashed? Attach a photo of the scan.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverballSleuth.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-playfield-scan-restoration?tu=SilverballSleuth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.