Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    corody.jpeg
    payphone.jpeg
    pay toilet.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballprowess.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 9 years ago

Coin op.

And am really surprised at all the other folks here that are too. I just figured it was another one of my little 'deals' that I believed in... and would have to campaign or fight for.

I just think it is the best possible way to play these games and get the most out of them. That is really my ultimate ambition... to get the most fun out of playing. I've read and heard it said on the newsgroups: "Replays... why? Come over to my house and I'll show you why. And yeah... if all you have to do is push the credit button again when it's on 'Free Play' of course replays aren't going to matter, that's my whole point. Now granted, I don't think you could ever get the same feeling as one played on route, that is 'always' going to be the best way. This is just the best you can do in a home environment .

I remember one time my friend, Kenny Zdun was over here playing and said to me: "I get it, I understand now... and I think you're right". That made me feel real good.. because he knew what I was trying to do. It's not about trying to make money. The lousy little bit of coinage that is put in, doesn't even pay for the electricity these things use anymore... but that's not the point.

And I must admit, that more often than not... I am just putting the coins in myself for a lot of the people that come over here and play these games. I wouldn't 'dream' of asking them to put money in my games. You have to be 'good' to put money in my games!!!

But I have other collector friends that come over to play and put money in my games.. and I put money in their machines. And..... am happy to do so! Hey, I just got the specials lit...Whoo hooo!!

#67 9 years ago

One thing I forgot about... was this analogy I had thought of, quite some time ago when I was trying to explain the concept of putting coins in the games to my pinball buddies.

I don't know how many of you like poker... but we used to really be into it and would play all the time. Just friendly stakes... nickel, dime, quarter. We were so geared toward it, that we would even play for 'funsies' with no money involved when we didn't have enough players for a good game. And I noticed how quickly it would become 'boring' and how much more fun and exciting it was to play, even for small stakes.

This is how I see playing pinball on 'Free Play'. Still fun... but not 'as' fun when even for a small amount of money. All my EM's are set to 3 plays for a quarter... so not exactly like an IRA or income supplement.

But in all fairness and also FYI... I will offer up this disclaimer based on my own experience:

People will likely not see it this way and will typically think the worst of it.

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

Fathom gives the somewhat suggestive "Ahh Yes". Best one I've heard.
    On Jacks Open I'm sure I've tripped the coin switch several times but don't recall anything more pronounced than the addition of credits on the credit unit. And I don't have access to it at the moment to check.

DF ain't givin' it up easily!!

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

darnit... now i am going to have to heave my carcass out of my recliner and go try it... i've only fed a zillion quarters into it already, i'm gonna feel rather non-observant once i see what he means...

You gotta do it, ccotenj... the suspense is killing us!!

#91 9 years ago

Sad part is... I 'have' my Jacks Open on coin op and can't recall anything unusual!!

(it's back out of rotation now)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballprowess.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-player-or-coin-dropper?tu=pinballprowess and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.