(Topic ID: 254543)

Free Play Florida "2019" thread

By TecumsehPlissken

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191126_102259-1 (resized).jpg
    20191122_171622 (resized).jpg
    20191118_144210 (resized).jpg
    3448F237-EEC1-42CA-ADE0-BA498A30FCAF (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neal_w.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago

Just wish it was at a Marriott property that takes my Marriott points. I'm staying up the street.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from V_piscopo:

Where is this event held?

Great show and big tournament, so don't miss it.

Here is the hotel info from the FPF site:
    http://wp.freeplayflorida.com/?page_id=4404

2 weeks later
    #36 4 years ago
    Quoted from edict_of_worms:

Whats the deal with paying more money for more entries? How does that work?

For info on this and other tournaments, start at the IFPA calendar. www.ifpapinball.com

Briefly -
    This is a large Herb style tournament AKA pump and dump. You have unlimited opportunity to buy chances to put up a good score on each pin in the tournament and you get qualifying points based on your best scores compared to the other players. When qualifying is over, the players with most points play against each other in 4 player games in the finals to determine the winner. This tournament is on the Stern Pro Tour, so there will be a lot of good players there.

Give it a try. Playing in large tournaments and local tournaments is lot of fun, and you can track your standings on the IFPA page.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from edict_of_worms:

I see. So if I buy 10 entries, I get to play 10 times, and only my best score of those 10 will be my submission?

Yup, your best score on each pin is saved, and the best of those go toward your total. Example - 6pins in classics and the scores from your 4 best pins go toward your total. You can see the data on the tournament web page as you go. (queue, scores, standings)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neal_w.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-play-florida-2019-thread?tu=neal_w and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.