(Topic ID: 254543)

Free Play Florida "2019" thread

By TecumsehPlissken

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191126_102259-1 (resized).jpg
    20191122_171622 (resized).jpg
    20191118_144210 (resized).jpg
    3448F237-EEC1-42CA-ADE0-BA498A30FCAF (resized).png
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

new thread for posting all things FPF "2019" here /// for sale , trade , meet ups , party's etc.......

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from modfather:

Lets party, Im in !!

Indeed ! It will be good to see you again my friend!!

#5 4 years ago

Got our room, weekend passes and media passes. Can't wait!

#6 4 years ago

I can bring a very good but not perfect Surf Champ backglass for $150. Colors are excellent. A few minor scuffs, and some cracks in the paint just starting in a few of the letters. Not triple-thicked or coated yet. Pics at this link - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=17M8g56hNQ3pz6R2irjtuHmjpbFYDKX4Q ... color variation due to some taken with flash, some without. I set it on a blue pad in the pics to help show the flaws so there are no surprises.

#7 4 years ago

This looks awesome. I just moved down this way. Where is this event held? Is there a hotel with rooms blocked?

#8 4 years ago

Just wish it was at a Marriott property that takes my Marriott points. I'm staying up the street.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from V_piscopo:

Where is this event held?

Great show and big tournament, so don't miss it.

Here is the hotel info from the FPF site:
    http://wp.freeplayflorida.com/?page_id=4404

#10 4 years ago

Damn. That's right down the street!

#11 4 years ago

I will be there!

#12 4 years ago

Someone should add an event for ffp here on Pinside as that’s free advertising

https://pinside.com/pinball/events

#13 4 years ago

I’m coming for the tournament

#14 4 years ago

Next year I plan on attending. Mark it down.

#15 4 years ago

Going once again this year. Right down the street for me!

#16 4 years ago

I’ll be there. Made hotel reservations for Saturday night. Should be fun!

#17 4 years ago

I'll be there with my daughter

#19 4 years ago

I'll be there. Last year I missed the Pinside gathering because a new thread was started at the last minute with time and place. Please post information in this thread to make it easy to find. The people who run the show basically are not on pinside, so they were no help when I asked them.

I look forward to the Pre-war playground. I love those old games and Jeff is the man! Word was there is going to be some sort of tournament in that area too.

The show hotel is really nice. I suggest staying there if at all possible. Hotels around the area will not save you much money and it is so much easier to just head to the room and not have to park and walk...

http://wp.freeplayflorida.com/?page_id=1474

#20 4 years ago

Butch Patrick is listed as a guest.....Nice Guy....perhaps a few games on Munsters?

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Butch Patrick is listed as a guest.....Nice Guy....perhaps a few games on Munsters?

Does he do autographs? Would be nice to get him on my Munsters translite

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Someone should add an event for ffp here on Pinside as that’s free advertising
    https://pinside.com/pinball/events

I went ahead & took the liberty to post FPF to the events section here on Pinside
    (hope those guys don't mind) if anyone wants to click there & post that you are attending

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nickson:

Does he do autographs? Would be nice to get him on my Munsters translite

Hope so....Ive met him several times at shows....so genuinely nice, and giving of his time.
    I hope he hangs and plays a bunch!

Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I went ahead & took the liberty to post FPF to the events section here on Pinside
    (hope those guys don't mind) if anyone wants to click there & post that you are attending

Thanks!!!

#24 4 years ago

Tournament games list

3448F237-EEC1-42CA-ADE0-BA498A30FCAF (resized).png3448F237-EEC1-42CA-ADE0-BA498A30FCAF (resized).png
    #25 4 years ago

What floor are the rooms located? Last time I went, saw many that were located in single story construction.

#26 4 years ago

Most of the rooms are above the first floor.

Last year I had a villa room. A lot of those are on the first floor in the outer buildings. They are awesome. Two full bedrooms and bathrooms with a living room and full kitchen. The problem is this year they jacked up the show price on the villas, so I switched to a regular suite. Fortunately I have less people with me this year!

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Most of the rooms are above the first floor.
    Last year I had a villa room. A lot of those are on the first floor in the outer buildings. They are awesome. Two full bedrooms and bathrooms with a living room and full kitchen. The problem is this year they jacked up the show price on the villas, so I switched to a regular suite. Fortunately I have less people with me this year!

Thanks, that what I want. May have to change my reservation.

1 week later
    #28 4 years ago

I have an extremely nice Frankenstein (color DMD, undercab lighting synced to flashers, Cliffys, warm LEDS etc) and a Judge Dredd (LEDS, cliffy, sniper tower mod, dead world mod, topper) that I could bring for sale or trade if any interest. Mostly looking for horror or sci-fi themed pins (Tales from the Crypt, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Bride of Pinbot, Elvira and the Party Animals, Ghostbusters Premium (2 for 1), Sorcerer, Bad Cats, Dungeons and Dragons) are my current wish list.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Last year I missed the Pinside gathering because a new thread was started at the last minute with time and place. Please post information in this thread to make it easy to find.

Pinsider Gexchange created the following topic for the Pinside Meet and Greet: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-play-florida-pinside-meet-and-greet-1

And a separate for having your own lanyard created: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-play-florida-pinside-name-badge-and-lanyard-

@Gexchange, we (me and my wife) don't need the badge printed, we brought the ones we used in TPF 2019 See you at the pool!

#30 4 years ago

In addition to the Surf Champ backglass ($150 obo), I also found a few other random things in my stash I could bring to FPF. See pics at https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=17M8g56hNQ3pz6R2irjtuHmjpbFYDKX4Q

- Big Guns faded translite (I'd acquired a fresher one when I had the game) - make offer
    - Big Guns yellowed King's Chamber plastic 31-1006A-557-1 (I'd replaced it with a comparable new piece of acrylic sheet) - make offer
    - Coin box with plastic bins but no top, for Bally EMs 1972-1976 (I believe this was from my Sky Kings I used to have) - $25

#31 4 years ago

I'm in! See you there!

#32 4 years ago

Arrived yesterday, nice place to stay for a week !

20191118_144210 (resized).jpg20191118_144210 (resized).jpg
    #33 4 years ago

Glad to have you Join us!

#34 4 years ago

Can only make it Saturday but love going! Looking forward to this year. Can bring my HUO DI SE for trade for TNA, or some combo of cash/Bad Cats/Space Shuttle. Or $6,500.00.

#35 4 years ago

thinking about playing my first tournament here. Whats the deal with paying more money for more entries? How does that work?

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from edict_of_worms:

Whats the deal with paying more money for more entries? How does that work?

For info on this and other tournaments, start at the IFPA calendar. www.ifpapinball.com

Briefly -
    This is a large Herb style tournament AKA pump and dump. You have unlimited opportunity to buy chances to put up a good score on each pin in the tournament and you get qualifying points based on your best scores compared to the other players. When qualifying is over, the players with most points play against each other in 4 player games in the finals to determine the winner. This tournament is on the Stern Pro Tour, so there will be a lot of good players there.

Give it a try. Playing in large tournaments and local tournaments is lot of fun, and you can track your standings on the IFPA page.

#37 4 years ago

Tickets are booked for all 3 days! Do you guys go to the after party? Is it actually cool / worth going?

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from V_piscopo:

Do you guys go to the after party? Is it actually cool / worth going?

I enjoy the afterparty because they put the lights lower (more pleasant glow from the machines!) and there is generally little wait for most machines.
    I don't enjoy the afterparty because the music is ridiculously loud and generally atrocious (IMO). I bring earplugs, which helps greatly.

#39 4 years ago

I see. So if I buy 10 entries, I get to play 10 times, and only my best score of those 10 will be my submission?

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from edict_of_worms:

I see. So if I buy 10 entries, I get to play 10 times, and only my best score of those 10 will be my submission?

Yup, your best score on each pin is saved, and the best of those go toward your total. Example - 6pins in classics and the scores from your 4 best pins go toward your total. You can see the data on the tournament web page as you go. (queue, scores, standings)

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaza:

Arrived yesterday, nice place to stay for a week ![quoted image]

Hope you’ve enjoyed the weather. It’s been a great week!

#42 4 years ago

Absolutely,
    The weather has been perfect besides a few colder days when we were in Beamont TX and a rainy day when driving to Houston. But since we're back in Florida the weather is perfect. This week we did 2 Disneyparks and stayed at the pool being lazy : )
    Now we are ready for the weekend 'freeplay' !

edit:
    the weather at the moment @home in the Netherlands is ~ 37°F min to 48°F max : )

#43 4 years ago

Great start for the weekend with the pinside meeting.
    Big thanks to Gexchange for the invitation !

20191122_171622 (resized).jpg20191122_171622 (resized).jpg
    #44 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaza:

Great start for the weekend with the pinside meeting.
    Big thanks to gexchange for the invitation ![quoted image]

was Great meeting & talking with You Zaza !! Your tech. knowledge , skills & Experience make you a true asset to the Pinball community

#45 4 years ago

The show has been great this year. The new owners of LSOG brought a ton of newer games this year. Friday evening after IAAPA they loaded in 27 more Stern, JJP and Chicago Gaming machines!

The pre-war playground and tournament area have been buzzing all weekend too.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

was Great meeting & talking with You

Glad you saw the pinside badge with my name, it was a pleasure to meet you and of course others. Great to see pinsiders in real life and have a chat and a drink.
    Thanks !,
    Sascha

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

The show has been great this year.

I know. I left Friday night at 8pm thinking there are barely any pins here. It was a pleasant surprise to arrive today and see many of the newer pins. The pre war playground was sweet. Glad to see so many people going in there, and having fun. I had a lot of fun in there.

#48 4 years ago

This show was the best ever HANDS DOWN. Thanks to all the volunteers that put it all together. There were a few lines to play the newer pinballs on Saturday and I thought to myself "how cool is that". People are standing in line to play pinball. Several other pinhead overheard my thoughts.

Can't wait till next year.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaza:

Arrived yesterday, nice place to stay for a week ![quoted image]

Hey ZAZA. You helped me some time ago with issues with my WPC CPU board on Popeye. I was at Free Play on Saturday. Would have been nice to have met you!
    CuJo

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

The show has been great this year. The new owners of LSOG brought a ton of newer games this year. Friday evening after IAAPA they loaded in 27 more Stern, JJP and Chicago Gaming machines!
    The pre-war playground and tournament area have been buzzing all weekend too.

Yes, LSOG nailed it, with a "TONS" of newer pinballs, inc. the new to be released MMRr2...which I had to wait a while to get a game on.
    Congrats to Marshall, David for a great showing!

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-play-florida-2019-thread/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.