Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by John_I
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151121_150546.jpg
    20151121_150557.jpg
    20151121_150524.jpg
    20151121_150258.jpg
    20151121_110132.jpg
    20151121_110143.jpg
    20151120_202903.jpg
    20151121_105837.jpg
    20151120_201435.jpg
    20151120_201358.jpg
    20151120_201451.jpg
    20151120_201528.jpg
    20151120_201550.jpg
    20151120_201605.jpg
    20151120_201625.jpg
    20151120_201710.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcorpse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

Great show. Lots of pins and arcade games. The pinball tourney is part of the PAPA circuit which draws in many top IFPA players.

It falls right after IAAPA, and of course is in the heart of Orlando amusement parks and other local attractions, shops and restaurants. So there is plenty to do aside from just attending the pinball show.

It is based at a hotel, so you can stay onsite and go back to your room as desired without commuting every day. Huge plus.

We look forward to it every year.

2 weeks later
    #58 8 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The Alabama gang will be there. First time! Myself, Jeff, Timmy, one or more will be in finals on Sunday. Yes, we're gunning for you, Josh, Zach, Bob, Trent, etc.! We're driving the 9+ hours, leaving on Thursday morning. Hope to meet some new pinball people!

I am sure they will be there, but you'll get to meet a few Florida tourney players to contend with as well

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Oh yeah, a Timmy vs. Atticus showdown! It will be good to finally meet you Jeff, and your son. We are so looking forward to this trip!

Yep, good stuff

See you guys soon-have a safe trip

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from Robotoes:

Who is running the tournament and will tournament games be announced before the show starts?
    Getting stoked!

Donny White runs it each year. In the past he has not typically announced games.

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Tournament games are generally from all eras from the 70s to today. Most likely you will see DMDs mixed in with a couple of SS and EM games. Last year there was a classics side-tournament. Not sure if there are any changes for this year as I have no insight into the current plans.

Same as last year. Modern and classics.

And of course, there is no such thing as a "side event" anymore

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I was wondering if there would be a classics tourney. I would love it if there was. But if there's at least one SS and one EM in the main tourney that would be the next best thing.
    Anyone who's been before or local can you recommend any eats within walking distance? What about food at the venue? Thanks!

In the first few years of the show, that was the tourney setup: a mix of eras. Very cool-I actually prefer that over a strict era of games.

Last year was the first split at FPF into modern and classics. (I ended up 9th in both events. )

1 week later
    #86 8 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

If any locals want to spill the beans on what games might be in the main or classics tourneys, we have about a 9 hour drive to do some studying!

Donny is a good pinball friend of mine and of many of the Florida players. He has always been extremely above board with his tourneys. He doesn't tell us any of the games ahead of time, and we don't try to ask. If I had any info, I'd share since I prefer to compete with my friends and fellow competitors on a level playing field.

I am looking forward to competing with you folks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcorpse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-play-florida-1?tu=pinballcorpse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.