(Topic ID: 93844)

Free pinball while you wait for an oil change!?!?!!

By Minneapolispin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG
Pinky-and-the-Brain.jpg
IMG_1001.jpg
IMG_0776-821.jpg
IMG_1249.jpg
Picture 006.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg
image-223.jpg
photo.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Minneapolispin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

My mouth about hit the floor when I took my truck in for an oil change this afternoon at a Ford dealership here in Apple Valley, Minnesota. There sat the new Mustang pinball machine! I walked up to it thinking my son and I are about to drop some money into it while we wait for the oil change. To my absolute delight, it was set to free play!!

photo.JPGphoto.JPG
#7 9 years ago

You can't believe how badly beat up the playfield already is. I was shocked. It surely is played hundreds of times a day, but if this was in someone's house, I wonder if their machine will look like this in a few years of playing time.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Depends. Here at my dealership you can buy a 4 pack of oil changes for 58.00. My truck takes 7 quarts of oil. Add the costs up for filter and oil alone and it's a no-brainer.

I paid $19 for the oil change and played $30+ worth of pinball! This dealership rocks! They also have free popcorn and a free soda fountain. I think I'm going to go over there again today after work.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Can you elaborate? All the ones I saw at TPF looked fine after the show and I'm guessing they all got close to 1000 plays. Are you talking about dimpling or were their wear spots already? Assuming the scoop is starting to show signs of play but outside of that I can't imagine any real damage since dimpling is normal.

The lower playfield area was badly dimpled, but there were also several wear spots and a lot of black residue that looked like scuff marks. It was strange, because the rest of the game, including the cabinet and back-box were in mint condition. I've never seen a new game like this, have such a terrible looking playfield. I'm going to sneak back over there this weekend for some more free games, and will take a few photos to post up.

#20 9 years ago

I kept looking at all the people sitting there reading magazines or flipping around on their iPhones and was yelling in my head, "People -there's a free pinball machine over here!!".

#33 9 years ago

By the way, the volume had been turned almost all the way down, so the only thing you can hear is the banging of the flippers and the pop bumpers. Apparently they were getting complaints from people in the waiting room lounge about the noise.

#37 9 years ago

Ha ha! No way, that is awesome. I can't wait to show him this. He's going to think that is so cool that Stern saw his photo. Thanks for the heads up! -Ben

#38 9 years ago

We had a chance to play the Premium (or is this the LE?) version of Mustang yesterday at Blainebrook Bowl, in Minneapolis. I was completely blown away by this version! What an amazing game. I’m not a Mustang car fan, but would buy this pin in a second.

By the way, you should have seen the smile on his face when I showed him the Stern Facebook post. Best Father’s Day ever. Thanks Stern!

photo 5.JPGphoto 5.JPG

photo 4.JPGphoto 4.JPG
#39 9 years ago

They just picked him as one of the winners of their Facebook contest!! Thanks Stern! I'm ordering a Metallica Pro this week, so the timing is awesome to get a signed translite.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Minneapolispin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-pinball-while-you-wait-for-an-oil-change?tu=Minneapolispin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.