Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I have no computer skills. None. Well, barely any but certainly not programming.

Anyway, I'm willing to buy someone a P-ROC board if they can write or add new code for Tales of The Arabian Nights and share it. I love the game as it is but a code update would enhance this already wonderful game.

What Eric Priepke has done with Cactus Canyon is a marvel and I thank him again for his hard work and extreme generosity. My Cactus Canyon is like a new machine.

I have already informed Gerry Stellenberg of P-ROC and he know of my intentions.
    Any works in progress on TOTAN welcomed. Other game titles in my collection considered.

Board will be provided including free shipping after the work is completed.

Thanks,

Kim
    http://www.wrongcrowdproductions.com/

#2 10 years ago

That is an interesting offer Kim.

I hope you get some great code for TOTAN.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

Love if someone did some tweaking to SC. Please integrate ATV into the main game please!!

#4 10 years ago

Somebody buy me a TOTAN and I'll do it.

#5 10 years ago

Ill do it if I had a totan. Hell maybe I can try to get JP to do 3d animation and we can switch it to an LCD

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Somebody buy me a TOTAN and I'll do it.

Erik I missed you at pinfest. I wanted to chat open source pinball with you

#7 10 years ago

Bump for the Tuesday back to work after Memorial Day crowd.
    Many other titles considered.

Thanks,

Kim

#8 10 years ago

To be honest, this is months of work. It takes months to rewrite all the original code from scratch to just get to the point where TOTAN is playing *as is* on the P-ROC. I would be extremely surprised if $200-$300 (price of P-ROC) was enough to motivate any engineer with the skill set to do this task. Your only hope is to find someone that already has the skill set, has a TOTAN, wishes it had better software, and really wants to do this regardless of the P-ROC donation.

For example, I believe I have the skills to do this task. I dont believe TOTAN needs a software rewrite so I would not be motivated at all. I doubt I'd be motivated to do this much work for something I don't really believe in for under $50,000. But that's just me.

#9 10 years ago

For what it's worth, I want to either sell my CC or get this P-Roc CC mod installed. If anyone is interested in either buying a beautiful CC or me paying them to install the upgrade, drop me a line. I may have Rob Anthony do it next time he's in town (most likely next year though).

Bally Bill
    Cleveland, Oh

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Your only hope is to find someone that already has the skill set, has a TOTAN, wishes it had better software, and really wants to do this regardless of the P-ROC donation.

That's exactly what I'm seeking and why I posted. Nobody is going to pay $50,000.00 for new software on an older game. But if someone is going to do it anyway, why not collect a bonus that I'm willing to offer?

Its a labor of love no doubt and a long shot. Hopefully I might inspire someone with my small offering. And if not, no harm no foul and I'll continue to love my game.

Kim

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from BillP:

For what it's worth, I want to either sell my CC or get this P-Roc CC mod installed. If anyone is interested in either buying a beautiful CC or me paying them to install the upgrade, drop me a line. I may have Rob Anthony do it next time he's in town (most likely next year though).
    Bally Bill
    Cleveland, Oh

Bill, installing the software and PROC is really easy with the latest installer packages and FAQs. I'd guess my wife could do it in a few hours if I pushed...

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bigdaddy1000:

Bill, installing the software and PROC is really easy with the latest installer packages and FAQs. I'd guess my wife could do it in a few hours if I pushed...

Good to know, Do they sell the complete package PC and all?

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from BillP:

Good to know, Do they sell the complete package PC and all?

I do. If you want to go the "more money, but easy" way. Get the P-ROC from multimorphic, get the computer from me, plug in and enjoy*

* Barring hooking up the audio, there's options there.

Alternatively you can get your own computer and set it up, too.

And to stay on topic with the thead: My special kind of crazy is a little rare. There's no way I could make enough money on CCC to justify the time spent. You have to be driven to do a project like this -- by something other than money.

E

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

You have to be driven to do a project like this -- by something other than money.

Kim could do his private exotic dance routine for you. Well worth it, I'm told.

LTG : )

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-p-roc-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.