You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

OldNewPacmazePCB (resized).jpg
NewPacmazeInAction (resized).jpg
NewPacmazeTubes (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I am looking for someone with a working Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man Pinball who would like to evaluate my new LED Pacmaze printed circuit board. First one to PM me (in the US) with their address, will receive a free board and installation kit. All I'm asking in return, is a fair evaluation of the unit.

This is a direct replacement 100 LED version of the 50 incandescent bulb stock printed circuit board. My LED Pacmaze board has three advantages. (1) It runs way cooler. My playfield was very hot to the touch with the stock unit. (2) It's a little brighter, especially the red. (3) The colors and brightness is consistent across the maze. There are two LEDs replacing each bulb and they are further away from the insert than the incandescent bulbs. The LEDs have a uniform glow across the insert.

Because the LEDs are further away from the inserts than the incandescent bulbs, there is a little bit of bleed over between inserts - especially with the red LEDs. To fix this, I have included isolation tubes which can be glued to the bottom of the playfield. I just used rubber cement to stick mine in place. I ran mine for two weeks without the tubes and didn't notice the bleed over much. I now have the tubes installed, and it makes a big difference in the attract mode when it spells out BALLY.

I plan to offer my remaining three boards for purchase in a few weeks. Price will probably be about $100. Let me know if you are interested, so I can get an idea of how many parts I need to get for the second run. There is one fly wire on the first board which will be fixed on the second run.

OldNewPacmazePCB (resized).jpgOldNewPacmazePCB (resized).jpg

NewPacmazeTubes (resized).jpgNewPacmazeTubes (resized).jpg
NewPacmazeInAction (resized).jpgNewPacmazeInAction (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Great Job!

#4 7 years ago

Very elegant solution, nicely done.

#5 7 years ago

Thanks. I now have a person to evaluate the LED Pacmaze board. Actually two people responded about the same time, so both will be getting them.

But you can still let me know if you'd be interested in purchasing one in the near future - so that I can start my second batch.

#6 7 years ago

This is amazing! If my Mr & Ms comes back home, I'll be totally getting one!

#7 7 years ago

I'm interested in 1.

thx.

2 weeks later
#8 7 years ago

The new LED Pacmaze board is ready for orders. Thanks to pinsiders Pecos and Coyote for testing out the design.

Installation video:

Website for more information: http://geeteoh.com/pacmaze.shtml

Coyote evaluated version 0 of the board. He had the Alltek Main Lamp Driver board. His comments included: "Installation was perfectly simple, direct plug and play. The colors are nice and rich but not overly so, and the brightness wasn't blinding either." Coyote did not notice a lot of light bleed over from insert to insert without installation of the included isolation tubes.

Pecos evaluated version 1 of the board. He is running the stock Bally Lamp Driver board and no LED load mods. He found the new LED Pacmaze board properly loads the SCRs on the stock lamp driver board causing the LEDs on the new Pacmaze board to not flash.

Version 0 boards are $80 and require the Alltek or Seigecraft adapter boards. I only have a few of these boards available and will not restock.

Version 1+ boards are $90 and work with stock Bally main driver board as well as the Alltek and Seigecraft adapter boards.

Visit my above website for my contact information. I will send you a Pay-Pal invoice upon receiving your order request. I'm limited on quantities I can send right now (4 or 5 of each). I will have more in a few weeks.

#9 7 years ago

As an aside -
Even if you're not running LEDs throughout the whole game, I really recommend this.. The bulbs on the board I took out were extremely fried, and inserts on the playfield were slightly browned. The heat saved here will be significant.

#10 7 years ago

The Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man maze is the central feature of the game, physically, strategically and design-wise so an upgrade to the maze pays big dividends. The first thing I noticed about the LED Pacmaze board is that it replaces one red and one yellow 7381 incandescent bulb with two red and two yellow LEDs. The reds, especially, are much brighter than the incandescent lamps. These bright colors bring new life to this old game.

It was fun to get my hands on some new technology for an old game. If you are worried about installing the LED Pacmaze board, don't be. The old board is sitting right in the open and easy to get to. The hardest part of the installation was keeping those nylock nuts from falling into the machine! Be sure to watch geeteoh's video for installation instructions.

I have the original lamp driver board in my Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man and the LED Pacmaze Rev 1.0 works like a charm! The LEDs are bright and steady without any flickering or flashing.

If for some reason you want to sell your Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man pinball in the future, be sure to let the potential buyers know that it has a LED Pacmaze board in it. This board should increase the value of your machine.

To be honest, I have never been that interested in this game. I've never been a video gamer and I never took the time to learn how to work the maze. The LED Pacmaze board has put new life back into my Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man. I finally want to learn how to maneuver my Pac-Man away from the evil Red Ghost. With three new Williams flippers installed, I find the Bally flippers to be 'clunky', this will get a lot more play. And, yes, I will hang on to the original flippers so they can be reinstalled to original condition if needed.

Thanks geeteoh for letting me test out this board. It has been fun! I think you have a winner here!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-led-pacmaze-board-for-mr-mrs-pacman-pinball-evaluation-request and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.