6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lucky43 (resized).jpg
    lucky5 (resized).jpg
    lucky29.jpg
    lucky9.jpg
    lucky20.jpg
    2018.jpg
    wheel.png
    lucky7 (resized).jpg
    shirt-signed back.jpg
    depositphotos_9980521-stock-photo-surprised-winner-of-cash (resized).jpg
    xmas.jpg
    random.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acebathound.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Just kidding, the Karma is still free

How about a different kind of giveaway everyone can participate in to give something away for FREE? I'm talking about giving some positive vibes, kudos and thanks to people in this community! Creating some good karma!

Post about someone or something within the pinball community that you're thankful for in 2017!
    Could be anything.. someone that helped you with a problem, rekindled your interest in pinball, got you through your first machine, or went above and beyond in some way. A new product that exceeded your expectations. A pinball business or service provider that consistently delivers a positive experience. Really anything that stood out to you in 2017 as positive & memorable.

This is really just about creating some GOOD positive thoughts, thanking people big & small that made this year great & ultimately helping to erase some of that cynicism that creeps in every year.

Rules:
    1. Keep it positive!!
    2. Don't spam with a bunch of posts to stack the deck in your favor. Keep it reasonable or bad karma will find you!
    3. If it's a Pinside member you're giving thanks to, tag them (using @ + pinside name) if you want them to know about it!
    4. If you can say something nice about anyone that posts a comment, that hasn't already received some thanks of their own – spread the good vibes around!

Giveaway Prizes? How about good vibes and good holiday wishes for all! That's a pretty awesome prize I think!

FREE NVRAM TO RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNERS (through the end of 2017)
    Just to make it a bit more fun, I'll be giving away a free NVRAM each day to a randomly selected winner. If you win and can't use the nvram prize, or don't want it for some reason.. let me know & I'll pick someone else! This way the good karma spreads around some more by people giving something up they can't use to someone else that can use it! Good karma will make its way back to you

If anyone wants to add any prizes of their own, feel free! Just trying to create some positive vibes!

GOOD LUCK & HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

2018.jpg2018.jpg

#2 6 years ago

To get things started..

I'm of course thankful to all my customers that have helped support what I love doing. Too many to thank there As a whole though, you guys are awesome. Your support has helped me continue creating & helping others. Hearing excitement or positive feedback has always been the biggest reward for me.

I'm also thankful for MarAlb and people like him that are doing things for the community without expecting (or desiring) anything in return at all. There's a lot of unsung heroes out there offering free help or providing things for free that really make a difference. If you don't already know, Marco has created a ton of test roms that people have used to fix MPU boards -- Gottlieb, Williams, Bally, etc. Marco has generously offered all of these roms for free for many years & it's people like him that represent true generosity in this hobby. His roms have saved many boards and machines, and made it easier for everyone working on these machines to diagnose their issues.

Other people that offer quite a bit of help consistently on the forums:
    ChrisHibler Quench CactusJack ForceFlow vid1900 terryb Gott_Lieb (RGP) LTG Inkochnito barakandl

I'm definitely missing a ton of people here that offer near constant help on the forums. Maybe someone can create a larger list. Any of the people that offer free help or guidance are really the backbone of the hobby. They give without expecting anything & help motivate others to be generous with their time or knowledge when they can.

#13 6 years ago

xmas.jpgxmas.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! Great posts so far, lots of positive vibes. Keep 'em coming!

1st Random Winning Number..

random.jpgrandom.jpg

So guyincognito if you want to PM me with your address & the type of NVRAM you would like, I'll get one of those sent out to you 1st week in January! If you can't use an nvram or want to remain incognito just let me know & I'll pick again!

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

Thanks and Merry Christmas! I'm not sure what I'd do with NVRAM, so please spin the magic lottery wheel another time and pick Winner #2!

Thank you sir! Love the picture haha. May good karma come to you in 2018!

I'll give the magic wheel another spin.......

lucky7 (resized).jpglucky7 (resized).jpg

Winner winner, chicken dinner! Looks like LUCKY #7 is damadczar

Congrats & Merry Christmas!! PM with with your address & choice on a free nvram if you can use it in any of your machines!

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Thankful for the teams that make the pinball shows happen!

Haha I was just posting a thank you to them myself! All the promoters, volunteers, vendors & guys/gals bringing machines for free play deserve a round of applause for keeping pinball alive & creating new interest in the hobby!

On that note, for 2017 it was awesome seeing the community pitch in to create a brand new pinball show! A minor miracle really Shoutout to ForceFlow for creating the Saratoga Pinball Show in a short amount of time & the huge community effort there as the show date approached. Wishing the best of luck to this show & all the others in 2018!

#23 6 years ago

Next drawing for some free nvram within the next 1-2hrs! Random of course. Everything is random, just like life lol.

#25 6 years ago

Today's nvram winner is #12 Concretehardt

Congrats!! PM with with your shipping address & choice of a free nvram if you can use it in any of your machines!

Otherwise LMK and I'll spin the wheel again till someone can use it =]

#27 6 years ago

Price of KARMA just went up to $0.99......

I know, how does something that can't be seen go up in price?

Answer: Speculation.
    Karma is in demand. Some say it'll hit $10k by New Years

Next free nvram drawing in a few hours!

Keep on spreadin' the positive vibes & GOOD LUCK!!

#33 6 years ago

Dec 27th nvram winner!

lucky20.jpglucky20.jpg

fxdwg you win a free nvram if you can use it! PM me with your shipping address & nvram type

#44 6 years ago

Early drawing today!

Got company coming over soon and I don't want to forget to pull a name since we'll probably be hitting the spirits some =)

lucky9.jpglucky9.jpg

Billc479 you win a free nvram! PM me with your address & choice of nvram type

#50 6 years ago

Dec 29th nvram winner..

lucky29.jpglucky29.jpg

#29 is dasvis

Free NVRAM of your choice!
    Just PM me with the type you'd like, along with shipping address and I'll get that sent out for you.

#53 6 years ago

Dec 30th nvram winner..

lucky5 (resized).jpglucky5 (resized).jpg

Congrats jeffc who is #5!

Free NVRAM of your choice!
    Just PM me with the type you'd like, along with shipping address and I'll get that sent out for you!

#54 6 years ago

One last drawing tonight, sometime after midnight EST -- or tomorrow if I forget with festivities going on =]

HAPPY 2018 EVERYONE!!

#57 6 years ago

And the Dec 31st Winner....

lucky43 (resized).jpglucky43 (resized).jpg

Congrats mrossman5

Free NVRAM of your choice if you can use it!
    Just PM me with the type you'd like, along with shipping address and I'll get that sent out for you!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acebathound.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-karma-giveaway-%e2%80%93-kudos-thanks-for-2017-yuletide-edition?tu=acebathound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.