6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lucky43 (resized).jpg
    lucky5 (resized).jpg
    lucky29.jpg
    lucky9.jpg
    lucky20.jpg
    2018.jpg
    wheel.png
    lucky7 (resized).jpg
    shirt-signed back.jpg
    depositphotos_9980521-stock-photo-surprised-winner-of-cash (resized).jpg
    xmas.jpg
    random.jpg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Just kidding, the Karma is still free

How about a different kind of giveaway everyone can participate in to give something away for FREE? I'm talking about giving some positive vibes, kudos and thanks to people in this community! Creating some good karma!

Post about someone or something within the pinball community that you're thankful for in 2017!
    Could be anything.. someone that helped you with a problem, rekindled your interest in pinball, got you through your first machine, or went above and beyond in some way. A new product that exceeded your expectations. A pinball business or service provider that consistently delivers a positive experience. Really anything that stood out to you in 2017 as positive & memorable.

This is really just about creating some GOOD positive thoughts, thanking people big & small that made this year great & ultimately helping to erase some of that cynicism that creeps in every year.

Rules:
    1. Keep it positive!!
    2. Don't spam with a bunch of posts to stack the deck in your favor. Keep it reasonable or bad karma will find you!
    3. If it's a Pinside member you're giving thanks to, tag them (using @ + pinside name) if you want them to know about it!
    4. If you can say something nice about anyone that posts a comment, that hasn't already received some thanks of their own – spread the good vibes around!

Giveaway Prizes? How about good vibes and good holiday wishes for all! That's a pretty awesome prize I think!

FREE NVRAM TO RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNERS (through the end of 2017)
    Just to make it a bit more fun, I'll be giving away a free NVRAM each day to a randomly selected winner. If you win and can't use the nvram prize, or don't want it for some reason.. let me know & I'll pick someone else! This way the good karma spreads around some more by people giving something up they can't use to someone else that can use it! Good karma will make its way back to you

If anyone wants to add any prizes of their own, feel free! Just trying to create some positive vibes!

GOOD LUCK & HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

2018.jpg2018.jpg

#2 6 years ago

To get things started..

I'm of course thankful to all my customers that have helped support what I love doing. Too many to thank there As a whole though, you guys are awesome. Your support has helped me continue creating & helping others. Hearing excitement or positive feedback has always been the biggest reward for me.

I'm also thankful for MarAlb and people like him that are doing things for the community without expecting (or desiring) anything in return at all. There's a lot of unsung heroes out there offering free help or providing things for free that really make a difference. If you don't already know, Marco has created a ton of test roms that people have used to fix MPU boards -- Gottlieb, Williams, Bally, etc. Marco has generously offered all of these roms for free for many years & it's people like him that represent true generosity in this hobby. His roms have saved many boards and machines, and made it easier for everyone working on these machines to diagnose their issues.

Other people that offer quite a bit of help consistently on the forums:
    ChrisHibler Quench CactusJack ForceFlow vid1900 terryb Gott_Lieb (RGP) LTG Inkochnito barakandl

I'm definitely missing a ton of people here that offer near constant help on the forums. Maybe someone can create a larger list. Any of the people that offer free help or guidance are really the backbone of the hobby. They give without expecting anything & help motivate others to be generous with their time or knowledge when they can.

#3 6 years ago

I'm saying kudos to almost everyone I know in pinball. The friends I've made in pinball are the best. Over the years my sense of people has been refined, so bad apples get picked out of the bushel pretty quickly. I'm not saying I completely agree with all my friends, but that I love them all. If you're a friend of mine, you get an easygoing trust, because you probably get invited into my home to play and have some fun. I don't need to call out each individual. They should just know that if you've been in my house more than once, you're probably a good egg.

#4 6 years ago

To you. Yes, you who are reading this.
    YOU are the heart and soul of Pinside.
    YOU make this site what it is.
    Man or woman, young or old, Bally or Gottlieb, Top 100 or turd, EM or SS.
    your passion makes us all come back here day after day.
    Just log in tomorrow and see what I mean.

#5 6 years ago

I am thankful for all of the great podcasts over the years including my faves:

topcast
    silverball podcast
    pinball soul
    gameroom junkies
    brokentoken
    spooky
    coast2coast
    pinheadz
    this flippin
    for amusement only em & bingo
    pinball profile
    slamtilt
    arcade outsiders
    coin rejects
    rcade radio

#6 6 years ago

He is not a Pinsider, but I am Thankful for my Dad that travels with me hours upon end to pick up the latest pinball find that sparks my interest. At a drop of a hat, he will change his plans to accommodate my insatiable pinball thirst adventures. We have shared some quality time, including great conversations during our travels. I am very thankful for him and feel very blessed to have such a great Dad who aids in my interest in the hobby.

#7 6 years ago

I'm thankful for lots of great guys I've met in the local pinball leagues over the last year. I'm kind of hermitish, so the welcome I've received has been very positive.

Also want to wish a merry Christmas to my pinball buddy Mneubey for all the pinball road trips and discussions. And everyone else I've met this year.

Happy Holidays!

#8 6 years ago

Thank you for the nice words Wayne. My output in 2017 has been rather low. I have some new testroms on my sleeve but freetime is becoming scarcer and scarcer. I am sorry for that.

I would like to say a few nice words to acebathound whose implementation of the replacement Bally displays was brilliant. As an engineer myself it is nice to see some nice engineering from fellow pinsiders.

Also, a big thumbs up for pinsider Freeplay40 who keeps outputing replacement ramps despite having serious health problems. Respect for that!

Pinsider ChadH .....as an oldfashioned assembly coder myself -the testroms!- my hat off for your unofficial gameroms which are giving some Data East games new vibes. Great jobs piece for piece.

And last but not least my French friends François et Thierry from flipprojets; flip78 and @noflip95. Jealous about their reverse engineering skills. Alway a nice read at the flipprojets website. One of their achievements are the freeplay gameroms for Gottlieb system 80B games which are available for free. Well done and very nice!

Happy holidays for everyone!

Marco

#9 6 years ago

I agree that there are so many people out here who are willing to help - Rolf, Acebathound, Gottlieb Tim, Quench, Big Al, and many, many others. I am continually learning from your posts. Merry Christmas, and to everyone, good health and happy pinballing!

#10 6 years ago

Thanks goes out to Kaneda for his pinball podcast which saves me a lot of time by not having to read through every thread on pinside

#11 6 years ago

I am thankful that my daughter is hanging out with me today while I worked on my TZ refurb. We are doing the Twilight Saga film festival as I type!!!

#12 6 years ago

I am thankful to Robin for this site and for the good friends I have made here over the years.

#13 6 years ago

xmas.jpgxmas.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! Great posts so far, lots of positive vibes. Keep 'em coming!

1st Random Winning Number..

random.jpgrandom.jpg

So guyincognito if you want to PM me with your address & the type of NVRAM you would like, I'll get one of those sent out to you 1st week in January! If you can't use an nvram or want to remain incognito just let me know & I'll pick again!

#14 6 years ago

A Christmas shoutout to zaza who always seems to come along with awesome graphics to simplify explanations. Well done my friend!

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact/
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

So guyincognito if you want to PM me with your address & the type of NVRAM you would like, I'll get one of those sent out to you 1st week in January! If you can't use an nvram or want to remain incognito just let me know & I'll pick again!

Thanks and Merry Christmas! I'm not sure what I'd do with NVRAM, so please spin the magic lottery wheel another time and pick Winner #2!

depositphotos_9980521-stock-photo-surprised-winner-of-cash (resized).jpgdepositphotos_9980521-stock-photo-surprised-winner-of-cash (resized).jpg

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

Thanks and Merry Christmas! I'm not sure what I'd do with NVRAM, so please spin the magic lottery wheel another time and pick Winner #2!

Thank you sir! Love the picture haha. May good karma come to you in 2018!

I'll give the magic wheel another spin.......

lucky7 (resized).jpglucky7 (resized).jpg

Winner winner, chicken dinner! Looks like LUCKY #7 is damadczar

Congrats & Merry Christmas!! PM with with your address & choice on a free nvram if you can use it in any of your machines!

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisHibler:

A Christmas shoutout to zaza

Thank you ChrisHibler but also a big 'Thank You' to all technicians (present and past) that help others to keep their pin running.
    The past 4 years I learned a lot from all of you because of the shared information here on Pinside.

Big kudos to this years DPO organisation to celebrate the 25th annv of the NFV (DPA)in Eindhoven !

Also thanks for signing my pinside shirt and have a talk to you at the DPO'17 :
    robin en Martijn - Pinside (will visit you early 2018)
    pinballrockstar - Pinball Amigos
    Pdxmonkey - John
    burningman - Don
    steigerpijp - Geert K
    Peer - Gerard / the Matrix / DPM
    vandepass - pinnovating
    KoenHeltzel - DP
    Thor-NL - Jelle
    unigroove - Jonathan / PinMag
    Inkochnito - techchart Peter
    PinSound + flippp - Pascal & Frank
    pinballwil - m.castle /sw-ds1
    Invader - PBS
    mgpasman
    Kevin O'Connor - designer

Best wishes to everyone !

shirt-signed back.jpgshirt-signed back.jpg

#18 6 years ago

I’m thankful to all the local and the not so local friends I have met that share my common interest in pinball through Pinside. I am also thankful for all the great shows I have been too and those that make it happen.

#19 6 years ago

I'm Thankful to my Pinball Buddy Greg, NJGecko. I don't know how to do anything on a pinball machine and Greg and his daughter are always there to help.
    Dilly! Dilly!

#20 6 years ago

I'm thankful to the many pinball nerds on this board and that I have met in person at shows and local pinball thingys.

I'm also thankful to each of my children (16, 18 and 23) who now that I have been fully immersed in the hobby going on 2 years, have dealt with my insanity of literally filling the house with so many machines. (yes, machines, NOT tables...) LOL

Merry Christmas to all, and wishing nothing but the best to everyone in 2018!!

-Troy

#21 6 years ago

Thankful for the teams that make the pinball shows happen! Start circling all the show dates on your new 2018 calendars.

Thankful for all the tournament directors that make pinball more fun. No matter where you finish, make sure to high-five the TD for all the work they do.

Thankful for the TZ,FT,LOTR,MET,TAF,JP clubs here that make owning my pins more fun.

Thankful for all the vendors that supply us with the parts to keep our pins going.

Finally, thankful for all the pinball manufactures for giving us new pins to look forward to and enjoy.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Thankful for the teams that make the pinball shows happen!

Haha I was just posting a thank you to them myself! All the promoters, volunteers, vendors & guys/gals bringing machines for free play deserve a round of applause for keeping pinball alive & creating new interest in the hobby!

On that note, for 2017 it was awesome seeing the community pitch in to create a brand new pinball show! A minor miracle really Shoutout to ForceFlow for creating the Saratoga Pinball Show in a short amount of time & the huge community effort there as the show date approached. Wishing the best of luck to this show & all the others in 2018!

#23 6 years ago

Next drawing for some free nvram within the next 1-2hrs! Random of course. Everything is random, just like life lol.

#24 6 years ago

Mentioned already but Quench went out of his way to help me over the course of 4 days to resolve an issue. I had banged my head against the wall for 6 months and was about to opt into a custom built wiring harness. He was patient and courteous....can't say enough about Quench.

#25 6 years ago

Today's nvram winner is #12 Concretehardt

Congrats!! PM with with your shipping address & choice of a free nvram if you can use it in any of your machines!

Otherwise LMK and I'll spin the wheel again till someone can use it =]

#26 6 years ago

I'm thankful for the location Zanzabar in Louisville KY and the Louisville Arcade Expo for being some of the first things to get me into Pinball heavily. I have went many places to hunt down machines to play but those 2 were the first.

Personally, I'd like to thank TonyH a collector local to me. I've hardly spoken to him, but I've went to his Christmas time arcade parties for a few years now and he and his wife are always very inviting and his collection is quite good. Next of his parties that comes up, I'll be sure to talk to him more. I see a basement full of great games and I just want to play, haha.

#27 6 years ago

Price of KARMA just went up to $0.99......

I know, how does something that can't be seen go up in price?

Answer: Speculation.
    Karma is in demand. Some say it'll hit $10k by New Years

Next free nvram drawing in a few hours!

Keep on spreadin' the positive vibes & GOOD LUCK!!

#28 6 years ago

I'm thankful for my great fiancee, who while not technically part of the pinball community, has helped me bring home every one of my machines, cheerfully (well, sort of) attends Allentown with me every year, and convinced me to buy a house with her so I now have a basement arcade instead of a dining room arcade.

#29 6 years ago

Thanks to gdonovan for selling me the last piece of the puzzle (populated light board) on my Royal Guard project pin.

Also thanks to all who posted repair info (any!) I'm always lurking & absorbing whatever tidbits I come across.

#30 6 years ago

I'm sort of thankful they haven't completely booted me off this website yet.

#31 6 years ago

I'm thankful for those that continue to volunteer their games and energy putting games out on location and at shows so we can all enjoy them.

and a special call out to PinballSTAR Joe for always going the extra mile to put those latest and greatest games out on the floor for us. Bringing in TheNoTrashCougar this year was just icing on the cake. Thank you Joe for going above and beyond over and over.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm sort of thankful they haven't completely booted me off this website yet.

I thought they did for a while...

#33 6 years ago

Dec 27th nvram winner!

lucky20.jpglucky20.jpg

fxdwg you win a free nvram if you can use it! PM me with your shipping address & nvram type

#34 6 years ago

Im thankful for all the great people I've meet this year travelling through the states to pick up machines for my collection. A lot of really nice people out there.

#35 6 years ago

Well.…..I certainly believe in Karma. Just a shout out to one of my closest friends.....he knows who he is....while he has not joined pinside yet it’s just a matter of time. Anyway I introduced him to our local pinball league and he is hooked. He has been playing for almost 2 years now and finally picked up 2 pins in the last month. An Old Chicago which did not work and he was able to figure it out and get it running 2 days ago. Very proud of him for that. The other game he got is a Flash. Board repair is beyond him at the moment but a great friend of mine is stepping in to do the repair. Just another example that the pin community is full of so many good people the list is too long to mention everyone. Despite some of the negative things in our community there are more good than bad. I do look to pinside for a daily pick me up be it a happy ending such as the Playboy Bulldog incident or tech/repair tip. I am thankful of the people here to share life experiences and advice on anything be it pinball or off topic. I guess most of all I would like to say thanks to Robin for providing Pinside to the community. It’s a thankless job and I am sure he gets more grief than thanks for doing it. Happy flipping to all in 2018!

#36 6 years ago

I'm thankful for meeting a great local community that I just discovered within the last year. We've gone from a few machine s here and there to a collective with 25 and some other locations with 13 and 5. I've made some great new friends getting back into this hobby and have learned immensely from this forum.

#37 6 years ago

Great thread. It’s great to look back at the year and reflect on things that made life better, especially as it relates to the hobby. 2017 holds a couple of special moments for me that come to mind.

The first is from a Pinsider, @T-800, who went out of his way to help me gain a mod (that had become unobtanium) for a mutual grail pin that we share a love for. I’m hoping that 2018 brings more chances for us to share a few games of pinball together... and maybe a fine scotch!!

The second is from another Pinsider, gweempose who went above and beyond the call of duty to help me find a pin I had been looking for (and had just missed out on a previous purchase). Brian not only connected me with a seller with a great collection, but also followed up after the transaction to see how I was liking the pin. Brian epitomizes the spirit of so many great Pinsider’s I’ve met since joining this site.

I do believe that good things come to good people... and these two pinsiders deserve all the good karma they receive.

#38 6 years ago

Thankful to have helpful Pinsiders: ChrisHibler Quench DirtFlipper barakandl acebathound -- just a few of the folks who I have reached out to, or have reached out, over the past year to help solve issues. Also thankful for the local group of collectors who keep me grounded and entertain me constantly.

Thanks acebathound for offering up more free stuff!

#39 6 years ago

I'm thankful to all of Pinside for giving me a small break from life. Something that is sorely needed lately.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

Thank you sir! Love the picture haha. May good karma come to you in 2018!
    I'll give the magic wheel another spin.......

Winner winner, chicken dinner! Looks like LUCKY #7 is damadczar
    Congrats & Merry Christmas!! PM with with your address & choice on a free nvram if you can use it in any of your machines!

Thanks! Merry Christmas everyone. I'll PM shortly.

#41 6 years ago

I’m thankful for the friends that helped me move all my machines into my new place this year.

#42 6 years ago

I am thankful for lots and honestly too many to mention.

Rob Anthony > one of the best dudes in pinball. He is always available to chat when needed, troubleshoot/teach me something, always available to others and a huge resource at shows to keep games running.

Slim and Mike and others > Huge hookup on many much sought after games. 2017 was the year of finding some big ISOs for me personally and it would not have happened without these guys.

The local crew that runs tournaments and in particular Tom G and Paul O and Sean and Garrett and Eric S (and others I am sure I am missing). You guys do a ton for competitive pinball and it is often a thankless job filled with complaints and BS. You endlessly give back and even open up your homes to let in strangers to play and share your collections.

My awesome wife and partner in pinball obsession. She jokes that we both often have our foot on the gas, but never a day goes by that I am not reminded how fortunate I am!

Yeah for 2017 and looking forward to 2018.

#43 6 years ago

I’m thankful for my family and that more and more Pinball companies are coming around.

#44 6 years ago

Early drawing today!

Got company coming over soon and I don't want to forget to pull a name since we'll probably be hitting the spirits some =)

lucky9.jpglucky9.jpg

Billc479 you win a free nvram! PM me with your address & choice of nvram type

#45 6 years ago

I'm thankful for a lot of stuff this year! I'm thankful my DMD didn't explode when I plugged it in backwards, and on that note I'm thankful my Stargate is holding up so well. I'm thankful that all the issues on my local arcade's LotR were finally resolved and that I was able to get on the high score list for the first time in years of trying, and that business at the arcade has picked up since a theater opened up right across from it! I'm thankful for the news that The Pinball Arcade is coming to the Switch soon (I've been playing on my iPod touch for years now, and I'm dying to upgrade to a bigger screen and real buttons)! Best of all, I'm thankful for the news that a new pinball place about thirty minutes away should be opening early next year, with tons of machines. That's going to be amazing!

#46 6 years ago

I'm thankful to get into the world of pin ownership this year. Had never before even considered the possibility until I saw three pinball machines in a local basement...err gameroom and thought maybe I should have a few of my own. After countless hours digging through Pinside and making rounds to area dealers / enthusiasts I now have 6 machines as of last night. Thankful that Justin at Midwest Gamroom Connection introduced me to NVRAM and demanded I install NVRAM in the BTTF I picked up from him. Also thankful that the Gorgar I brought home last night in terrible snowy conditions already had NVRAM installed!

#47 6 years ago

Just wanted to say Thanks Very Much to all the folks on pinside and pinwiki who contribute their time and expertise to help folks keep their machines running.

Also am thankful for the TNT videos for reigniting my interest in pinball and my wife for supporting my pinball obsession and am glad that 2017 was the year I was finally able to get my own pin!

Happy New Year all!

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from pincity:

Also am thankful for the TNT videos for reigniting my interest in pinball and my wife for supporting my pinball obsession and am glad that 2017 was the year I was finally able to get my own pin!

Todd and crew from TNT are great! Love the videos! And thanks to Arcade Jason and Johns Arcade youtube channels as well for keeping an interest in all arcade machines alive.

#49 6 years ago

Glad most people seem to enjoy our videos...trying to both interest new people and show other pinball enthusiasts things they may not be aware of or haven;t seen yet!! Posted Video #1350 this past week...and video #1351 goes up before the New Year!

#50 6 years ago

Dec 29th nvram winner..

lucky29.jpglucky29.jpg

#29 is dasvis

Free NVRAM of your choice!
    Just PM me with the type you'd like, along with shipping address and I'll get that sent out for you.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-karma-giveaway-%e2%80%93-kudos-thanks-for-2017-yuletide-edition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.