5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by NorCalRealtor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I had the chance to spend some time meeting the owners/operators and local crowd at the FGW and I am really impressed with the enthusiasm that thrives there. League nights are hugely popular (50+ regulars it seems), people there are super welcoming (including a few pinsiders), and there are more than just a few really good players there who taught me a thing or two. Plenty of lady pinball players (I love to see that) and plenty of machines in good shape.

Yet another reason to live in, or simply visit San Fran.

#2 5 years ago

Wholeheartedly agree. Super nice arcade/T-shirt shop. Operators are very responsive. SFPD is great, with casual but also competitive atmosphere.

#3 5 years ago

I keep meaning to make it every time I'm back in SF (my hometown) but haven't managed to pull it off, I'm always on a tight schedule when I'm there.

1 year later
    #4 3 years ago

Wife and I had the place to ourselves today. A block from Haight Street shopping and very near the amazing Golden Gate Park with its museums and gardens that we walked through afterward. Most of the 90's B/W games,including CC, and all in good shape. Also allowed me to continue to sort out the Sterns. Metallica then Star Trek and Spider-Man. Didn't get the the Tron love. Also played the five Sterns at the Metreon (loved LOTR>BMF>SM and left a few initials which is new for me.) Next visit I get a car and go East to the museum. Also rediscovered LW3 at a bar. We love this city.

#5 3 years ago

I stopped in last November. Amazing place with some great pins. Go if you get the chance.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from stooped:

Didn't get the the Tron love.

Play an LE with the sound cranked. You'll get it.

#7 3 years ago

I went there a month ago and left real impressed
    Great selection of SS games!
    Even grabbed some badass pinball T-shirts

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from stooped:

Wife and I had the place to ourselves today. A block from Haight Street shopping and very near the amazing Golden Gate Park with its museums and gardens that we walked through afterward. Most of the 90's B/W games,including CC, and all in good shape. Also allowed me to continue to sort out the Sterns. Metallica then Star Trek and Spider-Man. Didn't get the the Tron love. Also played the five Sterns at the Metreon (loved LOTR>BMF>SM and left a few initials which is new for me.) Next visit I get a car and go East to the museum. Also rediscovered LW3 at a bar. We love this city.

Knowing the Tron rules is a must. Helps when you can hear the music and call outs too (best in pinball). Gets addictive real fast. Worthy of all the hype. Sounds like you had a great visit!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 50.00
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 64.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 123.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 9,500.00
    $ 430.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside