(Topic ID: 112628)

Free coin reject inserts for modern games (Updated: Kiss & Transformers)

By Aurich

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by sheahan2
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20210722_235241537.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20210722_235310145 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210722_235304742.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20210722_235259966 (resized).jpg
Coin-Rejects 3.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_20190409_164054 (resized).jpg
JD-CI.jpg
IJ-CR.jpg
JD.jpg
IJ1.jpg
IJ2.jpg
Coin-Rejects v2.pdf (PDF preview)
imdn_as (resized).png
Elvis7.jpg
Elvis6.jpg
Elvis5.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

So wow, been a lot of drama around here lately. Thought people could maybe use something harmless and fun, after all pinball is supposed to be enjoyable, not depressing or stressful!

I made some custom coin rejects for my Stern games. I got a lot of requests for my Metallica ones after I posted a pic, and I figured as long as I was sharing I'd go ahead and make more for games I don't own too.

I didn't try and do every Stern ever, just the ones that came to mind as I went. These are easy to install. Just download the PDF and print it at 100%, or don't scale, or whatever your printer settings say to print it at the actual size.

Cut out the labels you want. I mixed it up and made two designs for each game. Some obviously go together, like AC/DC and TWD, some are just fun to have variation. That's how I meant it to be, but if you like one more than the other just print two copies and double up.

I like to use photo paper, you can print a richer black on it, but any paper will do really.

Open your coin door and look at the back of the coin rejects. There's an e-clip holding them in. Take that off, and you can slide out the whole button. Remove the stock Happ label, you can poke it out with something thin, or even just blow into the top slot and shoot it out the other side. Slide in new label, replace button and e-clip, and you're set.

Enjoy, and remember to keep pinball fun!

(Edit: Looks like you can no longer upload PDFs to Pinside. )

Here's a link to the PDF: http://www.aurichlawson.com/pinball/Coin-Rejects.pdf

(Edit: Yay PDF embedding is back! I'll leave my site's link up too, either should work fine.)

Coin_Rejects.pdfCoin_Rejects.pdf

#2 9 years ago

Here's how they look on Metallica.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#9 9 years ago

Would love to see install pics if anyone uses these, I don't actually own most of the games I did.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Any chance you want to do some WOZ ones

I forget, does WOZ use the standard Happ coin door buttons?

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Now if you find yourself bored (HA!)...X-Men and Avengers would sure look spiffy with some...

I meant to do those, you can see I have slots on either side of Iron Man, but I just got to the point where I wanted to put something up for people. I can do more. This is just for fun, something to tinker with when taking a break from both my day job work and my Metallica project I'm messing with.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Printed for my Tron. Also printed some with the B&W inverted. Will see which I prefer on my Tron (w/ blue coin reject buttons & blue LEDs).

I have blue rejects on my Tron too, and I wish they weren't quite so dark. They just light up really dim, the plastic isn't transparent enough like the yellow.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Yes WOZ uses standard Happ rejects.

Okay cool, I thought so. I made a note to try and do WOZ, Avengers, and X-Men.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Is there a better alternative then printing on paper for these to pop out?

Well in theory some kind of backlight film would be ideal. But honestly what's most important is deep blacks. That's why I use photo paper, the ink jet ink can really saturate it safely, and create a proper black. The light shining through the paper works fine really.

I was talking with ovfd fireman about maybe him printing them for people on proper film for a nominal cost, but we kinda lost the communication thread last time I checked in with him. Maybe he's still down, he totally has my permission to do that and charge people whatever he needs for the material and time if anyone wants to ask him about it.

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Free?
I was hoping to pre-order...

I'm waiting for a bunch of people to take the time to install them and put their machines back together before I announce the LE version.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

The only thing I'm concerned about: how do I get money into your hands asap so that I'm first in line?

I'm testing a new pre-order system, calling it Non Sequential $20 Bills In A Tan Briefcase In The Trashcan On The Corner Of Crenshaw and Artesia. I promise it's totally safe.

Quoted from labnip:

coolio.
is this a limited release, or will there be a Premium release later after i download them ?

I could remove the PDF at any time!

So I can post an updated one with some more games.

#31 9 years ago

Okay, since people asked I added Avengers and X-Men, along with CSI. Did Mustang as long as I was in there to cover the modern games, though I admit I got lazy with that one and just mirrored the Cobra logo. It's Mustang, I'm a Euro car guy, deal with it.

Since it was pointed out that WOZ uses the same inserts I broke the all Stern trend and added that too.

Here's where the LE/Premium madness comes in: I wasn't happy with the Iron Man ones, so I tweaked them. If you have the old one then it's like a Topps error card, and worth hella money. When you sell it just put my cut in the trashcan on Crenshaw and Artesia.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

E-HUG!!! If we ever meet I'm purchasing you many beers Thanks!!!

I'm gluten intolerant, very few beers I can safely drink sadly, so you'll have to spring for some hard liquor instead.

Quoted from labnip:

wow !!! ...code update already.

lol, code update, love it.

Thanks for the pic flashinstinct. With the latest code too!

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

my wife drinks gluten free beer. i think it is called red bridge ?

Oh man, if she's still drinking Red Bridge then find her some Omission. It will blow her mind.

It's "real" beer, made with barley (Red Bridge is sorghum) that's had the gluten removed. They have a lager, a pale ale, and an IPA. I was a beer drinker before I was diagnosed, so having a handful of real beers is effing awesome.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Stuck with as-Auriched.

lol.

Quoted from Nexyss:

If you are doing any older pre-sterns, a firearm and a flower would be great!

The problem with older games in the coin doors can vary. The Sterns are easy because they all use the same Happ door, and it's one size for the template and one set of instructions.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Oh wow...you made CSI too? SWEET! I didn't want to ask for that one as it felt greedy...LOL.

Someone brought it up, so as long as I was in there I threw something together for it.

Thanks to everyone who posted pics, love seeing them installed.

#50 9 years ago

Did you ever figure out if you had the right film to print them on? My offer is still open for you to print them for people and charge whatever you need for your time and materials, no compensation on my end needed or anything.

I think photo paper works pretty well though.

2 months later
#54 9 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

Aurich,
Thanks you are quite the artist! Thanks for helping the hobbie! It is so nice to be able to share talent with others. Hope to meet you at PAGG this year! Sorry you took a hard hit from posting those photos of MMr .
Rob

Sorry just saw this. I'll do my best to be at PAGG. And don't sweat the Rick thing, I'm not.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

Aurich, do you have TOM coin insert images ?
I found this file through a search but it wont open
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-reject-inserts?tq=theatre&tu

No I was just doing the modern Happ games. I could look at older games some time, but there are more styles of coin door there. Might be harder to standardize.

8 months later
#56 8 years ago

Bumping this up since someone just PM'd me asking about finding it.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Hmmm for an IM maybe?

Middle column, second up from the bottom.

There's even a photo of them installed in an Iron Man in this thread I believe.

#60 8 years ago

Oh man, the dual colors with those icons are slick man, nicely done.

I *really* wish someone would make a coin reject button that was clear. Or a frosted/milky/translucent color would be even better. Custom color LED behind it, boom. I would so use those in my games.

I have blue in Tron, but it's just a little too dark for my tastes. An Ice Blue light from Comet behind a translucent button though? Would be so good.

#63 8 years ago

A Decepticon and Autobot seems easy and obvious.

#64 8 years ago

Added Transformers and Kiss. I'll do up something for Game of Thrones too at some point, just need to get back to work, so didn't have a chance to mess with it.

1 month later
#66 8 years ago

It looks like you can no longer upload PDFs to Pinside, so the link in the first post broke. I posted a URL here, and here it is again for those who don't read back to the beginning of threads:

http://www.aurichlawson.com/pinball/Coin-Rejects.pdf

3 years later
#86 5 years ago

Haha I forgot all about this thread! Good times. Sorry if I missed any requests, haven't looked at this in years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 218.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-coin-reject-inserts-for-modern-sterns-10-games?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.