Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by cfroadhog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Williams Super Flite 2 player machine, it will make the noise to get a free game but it will not advance the wheel to show the game. I can set it to a free game and will reset to 0 when you have played it. Any suggestions? Thanks

#2 10 years ago

Are you talking about the 'match' - or lottery after the game is played when the last 2 digits of a players score matches the number on the backglass?
A knocker sounds and a credit is added to the credit wheel ?

#3 10 years ago

When we reach a max score to win a free game, it pops but the credit wheel will not show the free game or when you light up all of the bonus buttons, it will pop but will not show the free game, or if you match the numbers . It acts like it wants to move, you can see part of the number come down but will not show it. any help would be appreciated.

#4 10 years ago

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index1.htm#steps

Sounds like you will have to take apart, clean , reassemble that credit unit.
the way you described it the pulse is getting to the unit but it wont 'step up'
have you manually added credits 4-5 from inside the back box?

also is your super flight set up on free play? or do you still use the coin switch (coin door) to add a credit or start a game?

#5 10 years ago

Yes, we can advance it to several games and it will decrease when you push the start button. It will work either way, using coins or manual. The little light will come on when you have games on the wheel. It will not advance the wheel when you high score or hit bonus button. When you have no games on the game wheel and you win a game, it will not light the light up unless you manually advance it to 1 etc. Goes down but not up. Everything seems to be free, I can rotate it up to say 10 games on the wheel, trip the levers and it will spin back to 0. Hope this makes sense. Thanks

#6 10 years ago

If you bring it up to say 10 games will it re set one # at a time 9-8-7 etc or does it go right to '0'?
Also before you take it apart break out the game manual for Super Flight and check all the adjustments, I have manuals for Space Mission & Big Ben both games came latter then yours but might have a few areas that are the same-
-Play Adjustment (back box) credit or extra ball
-25 cent adjustment
-1 coin-1 play 2 coin - 3 plays adjustment
check those first and see what happens

#7 10 years ago

It will reset a game at a time, 9, 8, 7 and etc when pushing the game button. Or two games of you are paying the two player. When you win a game, you can see the number try to appear but will not come around. We do not have a manual for super flite. Thanks

#8 10 years ago

I have it set on credit, have it set to 25cent adjustment, we have it set for the 1 coin 1 play 2 2 play. Thanks

#9 10 years ago

It is just not advancing when a free play is made

#10 10 years ago

Well I would take apart and clean the credit unit ,
It seems like the Wms EMs I've worked on 80% of the time it's one of the stepper units,
I think SM has 6 ? not sure how many in SF?
Also look at the 'Change' relay and 'Game Over' relay for dirty or out of adj sw contacts .

If Wms made a game manual for super flight get it they are really worth it.
it will tell you the color code of the wire and what type of SW - M+B, NO, NC
on SM the wording goes like this-
Game over relay - E-7 OPENS IN HI-SCORE CIRCUITS AND CLOSES IN NUMBER MATCH CIRCUITS TO "CREDIT EXTRA BALL" ADJUSTMENT.

#11 10 years ago

On the 1 coin- 1 play 2 coin -3 plays adjustment
some of the wording that may help?-
IN 'ON' POSITION, 10 CENT ADJUSTMENT MUST BE IN #2 POSITION & 25 CENT ADJUSTMENT MUST BE IN #6 POSITION
this may help but I'm not sure how the relay board looks like in SF the IPD doesn't have a good photo yet.

#12 10 years ago

www.pleasureandpinball.se/sm/smbackboxeng.htm
Also check this guys page -he has some nice photos on Wms. EMs

#13 10 years ago

WE appreciate your help. We will let you know the outcome. Have a good one.

#14 10 years ago

Ok, did as you suggested. Took it apart and it is cleaned. When the knocker sounds, it tries to move but will not show the free game. I did look at the site you suggested. We checked the coil and it seems to be fine. Any further hints? We are getting to the panic stage. Thanks

#15 10 years ago

whatever you do dont panic
after you put it all back together did you actuate both coils/linkage by hand?
you should be able to step up 1,2,3 with the one side and step down with the other coil on the other side 3,2,1 this is with your finger with power off (game off)

you want the unit to operate freely make sure the contacts are clean and that the stationary one is moved back slightly by the other one like they talk about in the link above.
if it feels hard to step up the unit they may be too much spring pressure
How long have you had this pin and has it been running a long time?

#16 10 years ago

A few more things to check out - you probably did it already but...

1 the match unit,- in the backbox next to the credit unit.
2 game over re
3 change re (not sure if you have one)
4 Coin unit- (clean all contacts on face )area called C-8 -are the numbers match circuit, every player has it's own section like '1st player match, 2nd players match on this unit check the condition of the wires going to the coin unit.

#17 10 years ago

finally, got it. What was the problem was the lever that advanced the wheel. I tried to take pliars to move it and was afraid of bending. After talking everything all apart, cleaning, I discovered the lever was frozen solid. With a little muscle behind it, I broke it loose, cleaned it up, lubericated it, works fine. So for now, my machine is working great. I do appreciate all your help and happy playing.

#18 10 years ago

I'm glad you got it cfroadhog,
thats one of the keys to a Wms. EM from that era -the stepper units
but make sure you get the game manual/ sch. for SF it gives you a lot of info

#19 10 years ago

Your help was invaluable. Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Plastics
Maple Street Sign Shop
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside