(Topic ID: 135824)

Free $500 from American Express

By IdahoRealtor

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

This is somewhat off topic, but American Express Business is offering a great sign up promotion right now. Spend $5000 in first 3 months and get a $500 credit. Not too difficult in this hobby. 1 NIB pin and you're covered. No catch. No annual fee. If you're a business owner with good credit, you may want to look into this. In my case 10 minutes to apply = $500 off my next NIB pin (hopefully GOT!). Not too shabby.

#2 8 years ago

What is the annual fee on this?

#3 8 years ago

I don't see that offer on their website. Amex usually charges pretty high annual fees.

#4 8 years ago

I've had Amex for about 5-6 years now. No annual fee and 1-2% (pending purchase type) back for any travel expenses

#5 8 years ago

Got a link? I can't find this on the website either.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Got a link? I can't find this on the website either.

It's a US offer. Canadian banking system is not that generous.

#8 8 years ago

I'm interested in this as well if you have a link.

#9 8 years ago

Do you have to own a business or can you fake it?

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

It's a US offer. Canadian banking system is not that generous.

Ok, that explains why the best I could find is a 5% rebate on gas purchases over 6 months, maximum $250.

#11 8 years ago

I got one, and bought a game with it. DONE. S500 coming back. First year is free,
    If not ask. Make a note and cancel if you need.
    Costco is giving up Amex, and if you have a card, they are swapping out
    in heavy phone solicitations. Spending 5 there, got me a S750 gift
    card to Home Depot. Chase Freedom has been S100 to S200 back,
    on S500 Spent!
    Some are found online, there were ads on Aol.
    Others You might search credit card deals, or rebatrs.
    One Amex came to me in the mail as an offer
    The other, they called me.

The point is they are all fighting for business, and giving alot away

Oh, Amex SPG, will give you enough points free for 7 night of hotel
    Almost anywhere, used it for 3 nights are Chicago Expo hotel...One of their
    Parthers... www.SPG.com. Specials are 250000 to 500000 points.

#12 8 years ago

This card has no annual fee ever and looks to be a pretty good card. In addition to the free $500, you get 1% back on all purchases (make that $550 off my next pin!), 3% off a category of your choice (gas, etc.), 5% off cell phone bill and office supply.

Here's the phone number: 800-965-6736

Here's the link: open.com/getsimplycash

It looks like the web link wants the RSVP code from the mailer. If you did not receive the mailer, try calling in anyway. If the mailer is required, I apologize for getting anyone's hopes up.

Like OLDPINGUY said, I think this promo has something to do with all Costco American Express cards getting cancelled soon, mine included. Perhaps that's why I got the mailer.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I got one, and bought a game with it. DONE. S500 coming back. First year is free,
    If not ask. Make a note and cancel if you need.
    Costco is giving up Amex, and if you have a card, they are swapping out
    in heavy phone solicitations. Spending 5 there, got me a S750 gift
    card to Home Depot. Chase Freedom has been S100 to S200 back,
    on S500 Spent!
    Some are found online, there were ads on Aol.
    Others You might search credit card deals, or rebatrs.
    One Amex came to me in the mail as an offer
    The other, they called me.
    The point is they are all fighting for business, and giving alot away
    Parthers... http://www.SPG.com. Specials are 250000 to 500000 points.

How exactly did you get a $750 Home Depot Gift Card?

#14 8 years ago

Show me a distributor that will take more than a down payment for a pin without a cc fee.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Parthers... http://www.SPG.com. Specials are 250000 to 500000 points.

Love this card. yes a fee but I booked 4 nights free in Japan with the points I have already this year and those room are almost $500 each.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85Txaggie:

Show me a distributor that will take more than a down payment for a pin without a cc fee.

Mine splits the fee with me. For me the peace of mind and rewards make that well worth it.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

How exactly did you get a $750 Home Depot Gift Card?

i was called with a gold card offer of 75,000 points, for spending 5K in 90 days.....
    I looked up what the points could be redeemed for, and unless I read wrong, I could get 3 $250 gift cards there.

Need a new washer and dryer.....

I know I use mine for business expenses, but between all these cards, I have managed almost 4K in freebies this year.

Ill admit I am a whore for these free promos.

Last year Discover gave me 18 months, no interest on 10K, with a maximum balance transfer fee of $150......

Ill take an 18 month loan for $150! Bought 2 pins, Put on Amex, $200 back, then transferred to Discover for $150.

So 2 pins for 1-1/2 years, no payments. Likely they may be sold before I pay the bill, but still a good deal to have for a 1-1/2 year
    period to play with nothing out of pocket.

#18 8 years ago

Capital One (Spark) business card gave me a similar offer a couple months ago: Spend $3K in the first month or two or so and get $500. Seems like it's 1.5% cashback . . . do both!

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

i was called with a gold card offer of 75,000 points, for spending 5K in 90 days.....
    I looked up what the points could be redeemed for, and unless I read wrong, I could get 3 $250 gift cards there.
    Need a new washer and dryer.....
    I know I use mine for business expenses, but between all these cards, I have managed almost 4K in freebies this year.
    Ill admit I am a whore for these free promos.
    Last year Discover gave me 18 months, no interest on 10K, with a maximum balance transfer fee of $150......
    Ill take an 18 month loan for $150! Bought 2 pins, Put on Amex, $200 back, then transferred to Discover for $150.
    So 2 pins for 1-1/2 years, no payments. Likely they may be sold before I pay the bill, but still a good deal to have for a 1-1/2 year
    period to play with nothing out of pocket.

other than you still owe the money and you have the debt against your credit score ratio.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

other than you still owe the money and you have the debt against your credit score ratio.

You do realize we are talking scenarios where all cards are paid off before any interest is ever charged. And that helps not hinders your credit.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You do realize we are talking scenarios where all cards are paid off before any interest is ever charged. And that helps not hinders your credit.

Agreed. Why not use the lenders money? That's the perk to having good credit. I have accrued nearly $1,100.00 just this year in cash back just for using my rewards visa. Visa is paying me to make my daily purchases. I love it!

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Havent seen my credit score waver more then 25 points in the last 20 years.

Its a matter of discipline.

.....and if I am lucky, I break even or gain a bit when I resell......so far so good.

Not for everyone, I agree.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

Capital One (Spark) business card gave me a similar offer a couple months ago: Spend $3K in the first month or two or so and get $500. Seems like it's 1.5% cashback . . . do both!

I think I will! If I put 1/2 on each card that's like $1100 off! Thanks for the tip.

Which distributors other than Automated are willing to take credit card with no fess, or will split the fees? Mine says he'd tack on 2.9%, which isn't terrible considering the size of the bonus, but I'd like to know what my other options are.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-500-toward-my-next-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.