(Topic ID: 149534)

Free 27" med rez monitors (for your help)

By CaptainNeo

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sanctumwear.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago

I got completely fed up with these 20+yr old med res crts so i convert all of my older drivers to flat screen now and every one ends up earning more on location with the lcd in it and that's all that matters to me. I've used cheaper lcd tv's in the past but they're getting harder to find with vga connector and the auto-on feature.

I used AOC 28" LED computer monitors for the last 3 that i've converted, but looks like tigerdirect is out of stock i paid $168 shipped for the last ones. PC monitors always have auto-on and vga unlike the newer tv's. I found a Viewsonic on there for $175 right now, but you can shop around for better deals. I saw on KLOV that you can mount a 32" with some modifications to the tv case and it will be an exact match to the original 25" display, but my games are for my route and they look good with 28s and it's cheaper.

Here's a list of what i use to convert them. You will also need some nuts and bolts to attach the flat bar together. i use spare carriage bolts from coin doors. My brother bought a plastic LCD bezel from HAPP for the cruisn in his gameroom and it looks perfect. i just make one from black poster board when needed. I also build custom connectors for the power and rgb/sync cables on the cga/vga converter so it's plug and play with the original system, but you can easily hack them in.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9635896&CatId=5469

ebay.com link: UL 16AWG PDU Power Monitor Adapter Cord 1 ft C14 to 5 15R

ebay.com link: M4x12mm TV to Wall Mount Bracket Phillips Bolts Screws Stainless VESA 75 100

you will need four 2' sections of slotted flat bar. i buy two 4 footers and cut them in half. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-3-8-in-x-48-in-Zinc-Plated-Punched-Steel-Flat-Bar-with-1-16-in-Thick-802067/204225777

ebay.com link: Genuine Gonbes GBS8200 CGA EGA YUV RGB To VGA Arcade Game Video Converter Latest

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=201214

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Any suggestions for the converters to use?

i use this exact one and never had any issues with them.
    ebay.com link: Genuine Gonbes GBS8200 CGA EGA YUV RGB To VGA Arcade Game Video Converter Latest

Quoted from joe2012:

Hi Sanctum, How long does this set up last before the lcd or conv. bd. needs to be repaired or replaced? Thanks Joe

Hi Joe my oldest arcade equipment with lcd displays have been running pretty much everyday for 6-7yrs without any issues but i'm sure a component could fail at anytime. I have some megatouch lcd panels that have died after 8-10yrs of use so i'd be happy with that timeframe.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from joe2012:

Hi Sanctum, Do your think your setup would work in a Fast And Furious sitdown? Thanks for your help. Joe

Yes, it is the same exact cabinet as Cruisn Exotica, also F&F already has a VGA output on the Raw Thrills I/O board so you won't need the VGA conversion board for it.

#15 8 years ago

I would try to squeeze in the biggest panel possible. Here's a link to a 32" in a Midway cab running 4:3.
    http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=307698

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from joe2012:

Thanks for the info. Joe

You're welcome. It's nice that the I/O board connected to the Dell PC has dip switches for EGA/VGA/CGA so adding a LCD is plug and play with the Fast & Furious setup. You can purchase a drop-in LCD kit from HAPP or build one for less than half the cost if you're into that kinda stuff.

#19 8 years ago

I was using the same Insignia 32" panels as the one shown in the Offroad conversion, but last time i went to get them at Best Buy they removed the VGA input and it only had HDMI. I've never messed with HDMI signal conversions maybe somebody knows something about it.
    ebay.com link: Insignia 32 Class 31 1 2 Diag LED 720p HDTV Black

#20 8 years ago

AV tech friend of mine just said this is what i'd need to convert HDMI to VGA
    ebay.com link: 1080P HDMI Male to VGA Female Video Converter Adapter Cable PC DVD HDTV TV New

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sanctumwear.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-27-med-rez-monitors-for-your-help?tu=sanctumwear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.