By MusicUnderground

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0906 (resized).JPG
    FreePlayFriday1 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Hey Pinside!

For those of you residing in the central Pennsylvania region, you may be interested to know that The Music Underground is hosting a special 4-hour event this Friday (Nov. 4th) from 5pm-9pm as part of the Downtown State College, PA "First Friday" festivities. During this time, all of our pinball machines will be set on "free play" for the flat rate of $10 per player. We'll be capping player slots to ensure everyone participating gets plenty of time on the games.

Come meet the Godfather of Penn State Pinball - Joe Schall, and the tallest pin tech in the business - Matt "Tapes" Steck, at the coolest spot in Happy Valley since Playland Arcade...

Featured games:
    • WIZARD OF OZ (LE)
    • METALLICA (Pro)
    • WALKING DEAD (Pro)
    • SCARED STIFF
    • LORD OF THE RINGS
    • PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN
    • Plus (2) more pins to be announced!

Located at Chronic Town // 224 West College Ave // State College PA (underneath Five Guys Burgers)
    http://www.chronictownusa.com/

Please note: We're also a music venue, record store, coffee shop, hookah lounge, and audio repair shop, so please be aware that smoking is permitted. However, we have six industrial-strength smoke-eaters running at all times to make sure both smokers and non-smokers alike are comfortable.

Questions? email info@musicundergroundusa.com or message us here. Thanks!

FreePlayFriday1 (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from MusicUnderground:

For those of you residing in the central Pennsylvania region, you may be interested to know that The Music Underground is hosting a special 4-hour event this Friday (Nov. 4th) from 5pm-9pm as part of the Downtown State College, PA "First Friday" festivities. During this time, all of our pinball machines will be set on "free play" for the flat rate of $10 per player. We'll be capping player slots to ensure everyone participating gets plenty of time on the games.
    Come meet the Godfather of Penn State Pinball - Joe Schall, and the tallest pin tech in the business - Matt "Tapes" Steck, at the coolest spot in Happy Valley since Playland Arcade...
    Featured games:
    • WIZARD OF OZ (LE)
    • METALLICA (Pro)
    • WALKING DEAD (Pro)
    • SCARED STIFF
    • LORD OF THE RINGS
    • PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN
    • Plus (2) more pins to be announced!
    Located at Chronic Town // 224 West College Ave // State College PA (underneath Five Guys Burgers)
    http://www.chronictownusa.com/
    Please note: We're also a music venue, record store, coffee shop, hookah lounge, and audio repair shop, so please be aware that smoking is permitted. However, we have six industrial-strength smoke-eaters running at all times to make sure both smokers and non-smokers alike are comfortable.
    Questions? email info@musicundergroundusa.com or message us here. Thanks!

Wow - I'm considering driving up for the game this weekend but can't leave home until Saturday. In any case it's great to know there is still good pinball at PSU. And just the mention of Playland... what a great town it was for pinball. There were games in the HUB in the late 80's and Playland wasn't the only large arcade on College ave. South halls was a great place to reside!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner

#3 2 years ago

Wish I could get out to this, last time I was there for that tournament I was very impressed with the condition of all the machines. Much better than what you ever find out on location. Your LOTR ruined me on other LOTRs out in the wild, it just played sooo smooth and fast. It should be $10 just to meet Joe Schall, nicest guy.

#4 2 years ago

Playland was so awesome back in the day!

#5 2 years ago

Thanks for the PM, Joe! I did drive up but went straight up to Beaver Stadium for the game.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner

#6 2 years ago

Loved playing some Suzuka 8 Hours at Playland from 1990-1993! We are....

#7 2 years ago

... PENN STATE!

I made it in to Music Underground before heading home today. Really a neat place for pinball. Games are not in a single line; they are spread throughout... that really works perfect for the space's atmosphere. I only played WOZ because it was the first I found with a bill acceptor and we didn't have much time to spare. We played two 2-player games and then hit the road. Machine played flawlessly... Thanks Music Underground and Joe - great end to a weekend designed for someone quite a bit younger than I!

IMG_0906 (resized).JPG

-Rob

1 month later
    #8 2 years ago

Glad you made it, Rob--plus you got to see an awesome Penn State game. If you're ever in town again and have time to play, please let me know. And your WPC daughterboard is awesome!

2 years later
    #9 6 days ago

Chronic Town/Music Underground is hosting its second "Free Play Friday" event this week from 5:00 to 9:00 on Friday, September 13. See details here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1362731257234803/

For those pinheads coming in for the Pitt/Penn State game, this s a perfect way to spend a Friday evening. Better than tailgating . . .

Hope to see you there!

#10 6 days ago

Thanks for spreading the good word, joeschall! I think this might technically be our third “Free Play Friday” but who’s counting?

Looking forward to seeing some PA pinheads soon!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,499.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 299.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    $ 15.00
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 27.50
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 24.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 269.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside