7 (resized).jpg
Final4 (resized).jpg
nightmare (resized).jpg
FirstDraft (resized).jpg
nightmare (resized).jpg
nightmare (resized).jpg
nightmare (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Been searching for a while, but I haven't been able to find a scan of the playfield for Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street. Does anyone have a file or link to one? Thanks.

2 months later
#2 6 years ago

Bump, as I'am interested too

#3 6 years ago

Here is a prime time bitch bump

4 months later
#4 6 years ago

Bump - As I am need of a Freddy scan as well. Thanks in advance!

3 weeks later
#5 6 years ago

I need one also, bump!

2 months later
#6 5 years ago

Working on it right now. This playfield was heavily damaged and I've had to do a ton of Photoshop on it. Still working on the top left which was completely flaked off.

nightmare (resized).jpgnightmare (resized).jpg
#7 5 years ago

Great work!

#8 5 years ago

More progress.

What should I do with all the inserts? A lot are hidden. But for the ones that show, should I color them white or black or leave as is?

#9 5 years ago

Got the top almost done.

#10 5 years ago

And just as a reference , this is the scan of the playfield when I started.

FirstDraft (resized).jpgFirstDraft (resized).jpg
#11 5 years ago

If I had photoshop skills and I were doing it, I would make the inserts clear. That way, if I needed to print a section, I could just lay it over the existing one with no problems. I would just keep any pictures or words that are on top of them.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

If I had photoshop skills and I were doing it, I would make the inserts clear. That way, if I needed to print a section, I could just lay it over the existing one with no problems. I would just keep any pictures or words that are on top of them.

Most printers don't print on clear paper. They print on white paper. So on white paper there's no way to make a section clear.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from hailrazer:

Most printers don't print on clear paper. They print on white paper. So on white paper there's no way to make a section clear.

Whoever is going to use a playfield scan is probably not going to be printing on white paper. They'll be printing on a waterslide decal, which is clear. That way, you can just apply that to the damaged area and spot clear over it.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Whoever is going to use a playfield scan is probably not going to be printing on white paper. They'll be printing on a waterslide decal, which is clear. That way, you can just apply that to the damaged area and spot clear over it.

Really? I'm doing this as a full playfield decal. This one is roached even under the mylar. No saving it.

If they want to do clear waterslides they'll have to change it to what they need.

#15 5 years ago

Done with everything except inserts. No idea yet what I'll do with them. I'm going to ask the printer and then decide. I'll provide a link to the high res image when done. It is 185mb so I can't drop it here.

#16 5 years ago

Cool! Great work! I'm excited to get the link!

#17 5 years ago

me to.

1 week later
#18 5 years ago

Me to the link please wow good job!

3 weeks later
#19 5 years ago

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vOTDMNVRJ389xPdaZZwVan-cqjylvuOA/view?usp=sharing

It's not 100% but it should help someone.

Jeff at Classic Arcades should be making this available as an overlay pretty soon.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from hailrazer:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vOTDMNVRJ389xPdaZZwVan-cqjylvuOA/view?usp=sharing
It's not 100% but it should help someone.
Jeff at Classic Arcades should be making this available as an overlay pretty soon.

Great work, you're doing the Lord's work here. lol

1 month later
#21 5 years ago

Anyone know anyone that could print spots from the image just to cover the wear spots ?

4 months later
#22 5 years ago

Having a hard time getting anyone to help me out printing this. Anyway I worked on it some more and got all the inserts done. They are all properly clear now where they are supposed to be.

Full resolution file here.
Png for transparencies:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KSEp7AqxkczoNb9TvEk-kFk1TOKeBEiC/view?usp=sharing

Final4 (resized).jpgFinal4 (resized).jpg
1 month later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-playfield-scan?hl=hailrazer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.