You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PA200038.jpg
20151208_132247.jpg
20151208_132226.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Hello all, i posted this in another spot and just realized it was not the right one. Sorry. Does anyone out there have a freddy pinball that can check for me on your machine and see what my machine i picked up is missing. It is under freddy's flipper hand under the rail. The rubber ring kit i bought says there is a 3/4 inch rubber that goes there. I can tell where the 3/4 inch rubber should go from the post closest to the front of machine to the metal post. Then there would be a big open spot on mine where the ball could get stuck. This machine has a big long rubber there. I will post a couple of pics. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks

20151208_132226.jpg20151208_132226.jpg

20151208_132247.jpg20151208_132247.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Are you sure it wasn't referring to the double star post in the upper right?

Remember that these kits are seldom 100% correct parts-wise and instruction-wise. I have been through 19 games and have not had one kit be totally correct. I just buy a bunch of sizes in bulk now.

If the game was working correctly before, no hang-ups, no broken or worn parts from exposed parts, just replace in kind and roll with that.

#3 8 years ago

I want it to be right. This game was also missing the rubber shroud in front of the targets. So are you saying i should just leave that with the little white rubbers someone put on the 2 posts and the targets showing. I am not basing my conclusion solely on the rubber ring. I am pretty sure something is missing where i am talking about. See the little metal tab that is next to the metal going up to hold the ramp. There is a screw holding it down with no purpose. It is like something broke off of it. I can not find a pic on the internet that shows this area.

#4 8 years ago

I get off work in less than 2 hours. I will look at mine.

#5 8 years ago

Thanks

#6 8 years ago

Ok its a SMALL metal ball guide. It snapped off at the angle bracket. Those Sys3 brackets are THIN. I robbed some off some old Bally ball guides. Here is a not so clear picture from my old Freddy. I will take a better one in a few hours.

PA200038.jpgPA200038.jpg

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballman3:

I want it to be right. This game was also missing the rubber shroud in front of the targets. So are you saying i should just leave that with the little white rubbers someone put on the 2 posts and the targets showing. I am not basing my conclusion solely on the rubber ring. I am pretty sure something is missing where i am talking about. See the little metal tab that is next to the metal going up to hold the ramp. There is a screw holding it down with no purpose. It is like something broke off of it. I can not find a pic on the internet that shows this area.

It took me a while but I see what you're talking about. It looks like there may be a metal ball guide that broke off. There is a little tab screwed into the playfield between the glove bushing hole and the ramp bracket. I looks like it should be connected to something. If it was a ball guide, then it broke off and someone put the big long rubber across to replace it. It's going to be hard to find another guide if that's the case.

#8 8 years ago

You can make one out of an old unused guide. If the OP needs one I can make one from my junk box. I will post good pictures of it out of the game when I get home. Who knows. Steve @ PBR may have one... I will source the part number as well.

#9 8 years ago

Thanks alot all, robotronjohn it would be great if you could take good pictures of all that area. From looking at the pic you posted it looks like i am missing more than just the ball guide in this area. Thanks

#10 8 years ago

Let me ask this question also. Did these freddy's come out factory with black or white rubbers?

#11 8 years ago

I honestly don't know. I used white rubber. Although I am tempted to try some of the new colored and clear rings. My second Freddy came with white and the flipper rubbers were black. The first one had black rubbers throughout.

I bought them both used so what mine had on them may not be as originally shipped. The flyer has white rubbers.

#12 8 years ago

For what it's worth, the promotional flyers have white rubbers and black flipper rubbers. I liked mine better with all black rubbers on it.

#13 8 years ago

The promotional flyer is what i was going off of. That is the way mine is going to be. White with black flipper rubbers

#14 8 years ago

If i get proof of some kind that they where all black from the factory i would change them all to black.

#15 8 years ago

it's all preference, man. Put the ones you like most.

#16 8 years ago

Promotional flyers can't reliably be counted on for accuracy. As jwo825 said it is preference. Go with what YOU like. It is, after all, your game....

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballman3:

This game was also missing the rubber shroud in front of the targets.

The shroud target can be purchased from PBR or Marco. I think I paid 20 for mine... I ended up taking it off as it affects the way the ball hits the switches....

Edit, HOLY COW... the shroud is now $45 from Marco....

#18 8 years ago

AHA!!! You sir are not the only one to have this broken/missing bracket... Check out this thread....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-nightmare-beginsa-freddy-rehab , Post #10

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-pinball-missing-a-part and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.