• Latest reply 4 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

I love watching urban exploration videos where people go in abandoned buildings to record the state of decay of the building and how everything looks. I was much surprised to find an sit down racing arcade game and Freddy pinball left to rot in this abandoned insane asylum. Such a shame, that game could still be rescued at this point but vandals did a huge number on the game it appears. Skip to 19:43 for the Freddy pin.

#2 4 years ago

I wonder where this is located.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I wonder where this is located.

I read in the comments its in Tennessee somewhere.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I read in the comments its in Tennessee somewhere.

I love watching urban exploration videos as well. When I was a kid we use to explore Danvers State Mental institution until they tore it down for condos.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I love watching urban exploration videos where people go in abandoned buildings to record the state of decay of the building and how everything looks. I was much surprised to find an sit down racing arcade game and Freddy pinball left to rot in this abandoned insane asylum. Such a shame, that game could still be rescued at this point but vandals did a huge number on the game it appears. Skip to 19:43 for the Freddy pin.

All of these reality shows are total BS. That pin was placed there for the show. Funny how the game is ripped apart, yet the backglass and cabinet art survived. Looks pretty solid and crisp for sitting next to an open window for any length of time. Just take a look at any pin exposed to moisture for any length of time and you can literally watch the wood swell and the rust grow. Made for great effect, but just like the Pickers....it was placed there.

#6 4 years ago

A nightmare on elm street pin in an insane asylum. Must have done wonders for the patients therapy. Total BS.

#7 4 years ago

I don't know guys, i think it's legit.... Seems like a lot of work to bring in a pinball machine, pool table and a sit down racing arcade game just to get the last few minutes of a video. If you rewind the video a little before it shows the pinball machine you also see a sit down racing arcade game and there is a full size pool table there as well. I kinda remember hearing something about the guy that owned the building also collected games and for some reason he stored some stuff there to maybe free up space at his house. The games were not there during the operation of the asylum. Just my thoughts. I will link the full video so people can see, over 18 minutes of the actual video is just normal exploration of the place and about 3-4 minutes are of the pinball machine itself. Seems like a lot of work to go through to get a 3 minute clip of the game there.

#8 4 years ago

I'm taking the whole thing with a grain of salt.

That being said, in the event of it being real I wonder if someone is going to pull a Sundance and just haul the thing home.

EDIT: Why the hell would an insane asylum have something as loud and flashy as a pin? And one that is horror themed at that? The whole premise here smells.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolpa:

I'm taking the whole thing with a grain of salt.
That being said, in the event of it being real I wonder if someone is going to pull a Sundance and just haul the thing home.
EDIT: Why the hell would an insane asylum have something as loud and flashy as a pin? And one that is horror themed at that? The whole premise here smells.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. The last thing you'd expect to see in an insane asylum is a Nightmare on Elm Street pinball machine.

People will do anything for ratings/views.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisel:

A nightmare on elm street pin in an insane asylum. Must have done wonders for the patients therapy.

Totally agree, not even the criminally insane should be made to play a 90s Gottlieb.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

Yep, my thoughts exactly. The last thing you'd expect to see in an insane asylum is a Nightmare on Elm Street pinball machine.
People will do anything for ratings/views.

Heehee. I think we all know first-hand that pins cause mental illness instead of curing it.

#12 4 years ago

I moved 10 pinball machines into a tavern 5 miles from my house and moved them back the next night. There is no way a television production crew would ever be able to move one of these games.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Totally agree, not even the criminally insane should be made to play a 90s Gottlieb.

Hey, SF2 is a fun game. I owned one and liked it.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolpa:

Hey, SF2 is a fun game. I owned one and liked it.

That's exactly the kind of talk that got people thrown into that place!

#15 4 years ago

Looks remarkably NOT dusty, shattered glass looks fresh, cab art nice and bright. Besides the fact, why would there ever be a freddy pinball machine in an insane asylum. Seems ludicrous but also, a lot of work to stage.

#16 4 years ago

He says "that was competely destroyed" ... yet it has a perfect, clean backglass
Fake news...

My wife and I are in about 9 episodes (some together, sometimes just her) of storage wars during the second and third season...
... there was almost nothing that was not rigged for certain lockers that only show people could win at auction...other units were sold legit during the show taping

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

yet it has a perfect, clean backglass

Might be just my eyes but it looks like the actual glass itself has been broken. On the side shot it looks to me like you can see sag in the translite and not sitting completely straight. I'm on the fence with the whole "set up for tv" angle, these days so called "reality" shows are like stating there's no plastic in a Kardashian but there can be exceptions.......maybe??

#18 4 years ago

It's all fake. Wouldn't really drum up any interest for the show if the guy buying the storage locker just found a bunch of boxes of moth eaten clothes, some old Penthouse magazines and a bunch of IKEA furniture or if the people exploring the building was just them walking around in an empty space.....

#19 4 years ago

Freddy in an asylum?

Welcome to primetime, bitch!

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-pin-left-behind-in-abandoned-asylum?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.