Topic poll

“Freddy or Frank?”

• Freddy 12 votes
    48%
  • Frank 13 votes
    52%

(25 votes)

#1 8 months ago

I have a lead on either...curious which Pinsiders would prefer - I don't think either is bad (and I know neither is Godzilla : ) ) - just curious what reasons folks have for one vs the other...I have a big enough collection such that this isn't the only pin....

#2 8 months ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I have a lead on either...curious which Pinsiders would prefer - I don't think either is bad (and I know neither is Godzilla : ) ) - just curious what reasons folks have for one vs the other...I have a big enough collection such that this isn't the only pin....

The hardest pass ever on both, just dreadfull.

Gun to head Frank

#3 8 months ago

Lucky enough to play Freddy after it's release and now own one. Basically a rampless upper right 3'rd flipper layout that is going to feel very compfortable for most, great flow - maybe a tad multi-ball heavy but has some really satisfying shots, that you won't need to wade through too much code to get to, has modes but not as fleshed out as modern ones. I don't think that MSF is deserving of the hate it gets either, but you would certainly want to play one to get an idea since it is a pin that is not favored by some.

I don't think either of these games are out of place in a multi-pin line up, Freddy was just released in a time where people were expecting at least some ramps, and it's a single level with cool diverters and subway etc...release it's layout with a popular theme today and I think it would garner higher ratings.

Oh and one more thing- Freddy has "pop-targets" which are rediculously cool and harder to find on pins much these days. (you may think freddy does not have a dedicated "pops" area since there is only two there, the hidden pop target acts as the 3rd and its WELL done!).

#4 8 months ago

I’m going Freddy
F GENEVAAAAA

#5 8 months ago

More specifically on MSF it has been somewhat seen as an adams-alike but more clunky, so good comparison on the idea of the layout it just ends up with more stop and go and there is more stand up targets. If you need ramps and don't mind the stop and go playstyle then that's the one. The art had initially struck me as somewhat bland but I enjoy certain aspects of it for what they were trying to achieve. I think the "main toy" is somewhat better in MSF if you do not mind the looks of it.

#6 8 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

More specifically on MSF it has been somewhat seen as an adams-alike but more clunky, .

Sure sure it's borg in his PL rip phase

#7 8 months ago
Quoted from Sonic:

The SFX in Frankenstein get annoying fast, keep[ that in mind if it's important.

#8 8 months ago

MSF has more "flow", Freddy has more "interesting shots".

#9 8 months ago

I'd pass on both. They aren't great games, and the sounds get really annoying after a little while, especially on Frank.

There are much better games in the price range that these titles are going for now.

But if you really twisted my arm and if these were the only two games in existence, I would lean slightly towards Freddy.

#10 8 months ago

Interesting so far...I thought Frank would run away with this....

#11 8 months ago

The Freddy head on the gottlieb game might be the ugliest thing ever on a pinball machine.

The frank Sculpt on MSF may be second ugliest.

Gameplay I prefer Freddy but neither are games anybody buys because of gameplay.

#12 8 months ago

My daughter made the decision... Freddy it is.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 36.95
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 259.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Plymouth Meeting, PA
$ 229.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.