Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_4.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
#1 8 years ago

Hello all, so I have come across a nightmare pinball and I was wondering if $1800 is a good price? I haven't seen it in person yet but from the pics all the fingers are there, I don't see any wear on the field, no fade on the cabinet, the owner says everything functions (I don't see a credit dot), and it looks like it is stock (lighting and bands). Now I haven't played this pin before and I've seen negative reviews on it in general. If I get it, I plan to play it for awhile and if I don't like it I plan to trade it or sale it. So is this a good price and/or investment? Thank you all for your time.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

image_3.jpegimage_3.jpeg

image_4.jpegimage_4.jpeg

#2 8 years ago

Gottliebs dont do credit dots .love the theme amd sound of the pin but game play is just ok. 1800 seems a little high but without pictures its really hard to put a price on something. Ive seen them sit on here for around 1400 for a while, id say around 1250 wld be a fair price. hope this helps gl

#3 8 years ago

Never use pins for investment they are toys and for fun

#4 8 years ago

I put in some pics. Good to know about the credit Dot. I don't really mean to look at this pin as a investment. I mean if I get it for $1800 and in less than 5 months decided to get rid of it, will I get $1800 for it. Which once again brings me to, is it worth it. Lol

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

I put in some pics. Good to know about the credit Dot. I don't really mean to look at this pin as a investment. I mean if I get it for $1800 and in less than 5 months decided to get rid of it, will I get $1800 for it. Which once again brings me to, is it worth it. Lol

Gottliebs seem to be hard sells when your done with them ive owned smb and wipeout and theh took a while to sell even at 2250 for both . Theres a buyer for everything so I think eventually it cld sell for what you have in it . Your interested atv1800 so im sure someone else wld be

#6 8 years ago

Personally I would pass

Game has really neat toys but the rules are pretty weak and repeative

That same 1800 could get you a better game

#7 8 years ago

Offer 1200.

#8 8 years ago

I sold a fully working one that was in rough shape for 1300 earlier this year. Had three or four people interested and it sold quick.

If it's really in good shape I think you'll be able to sell it later without taking a hit.

Freddy is a different kind of game that goes good in a medium to large collection but would suck as your only pin.

#9 8 years ago

Love the theme, but to be honest the gameplay is just bad. If YOU want it, buy it and have a some fun with it. Price seems a bit high to me, I'd offer less.

#10 8 years ago

offer what you feel the game is worth and if the buyer says no I'd walk away. I personally always try to buy at a price that I feel confident that I could sell it at later down the road.

#11 8 years ago

the game is neat and looks like a nice one. make sure it has a manual. if not you are going to probably have to buy 1. make sure the furnace works properly and the vertical up kick that makes the balls come out of freddys mouth. needs to have the right amount of balls. 1 to many will give u issues. the hand claw on the left side is usually broken or has had some inventive repairs. check that also. make sure the ball save in the middle works.

as for the rule set of the game the are meh at best. no wizard mode. but if you are a fan of freddy go for it.

i would put the 1200-1400 for it. people ask 2500 and i just laugh.

best of luck

#12 8 years ago

1800 seems high. I sold one of these a few years back for 1100 I think

1 week later
#13 8 years ago

Well my funds are a little shorter now anyways. Thank you all for the feedback. I think I'll just save up for another pin in my wish list.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-nightmare-pinball-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.